Why couldn't they just reboot it?

Why couldn't they just reboot it?

Disney-owned star wars is completely new territory in the SW universe. It should have been started with a blank state if they were going to delete the entire EU.

TFA wouldn't be a bad film in it's own right if it was freed from it's shackles to the OT.

If they rebooted ANH i could admire the similarity. Otherwise i just don't buy it being part of the original saga, it had no authenticity. The same story should not be repeated in one timeline!

Disney's marketing department decided it would have been more profitable as a soft reboot.

If you see any of the new SW movies in theaters you're a fucking asshole. You got a pass with TFA since it was the most shilled movie event in history, but no second chances.

This.

Which is why I'm going to pirate watch them on kodi from now on

>EU fags

Not even once. Fuck off with your glorified fanfiction.

So no more star wars vidyagames?

a pasriche of the ot would be "better" if freed from the ot?

holeeeee fuck ur dumb

Fine by me. The only one I ever liked was the old Atari arcade game, and that's probably just because I used to play it at Starcade in Tomorrowland.

Holy shit, this. How fucking naive are you, OP?

I don't agree with promoting piracy or this comment's edge, but I agree with it in principle.

>they were going to delete the entire EU.

This right here. I don't understand this. You fucking faggots say that "ohhh disney deleted muh canon". No they fucking didn't. They said the movies are one thing, and everything else is a seperate entity.

They haven't stopped people selling the games on Steam, you can still buy all the books and comics. They didn't come to your house and delete your memories. Are you that fucking autistic that your fictional universes need a big stamp of approval from Mickey Mouse? Just fucking watch the films, buy the games and books, and enjoy your fiction jesus christ.

>Are you that fucking autistic that your fictional universes need a big stamp of approval from Mickey Mouse?
kek

Op here, yall are retarded

Muh..muh OT. I hope episode 8 is a clever retelling of TESB with the new CHARMING OH SO TALENTED CAST! OMG

But then they can't sell new Millenium Falcon models to autistic 30 something year olds and their children, double the market

They gave up on actual star wars games a long time ago.
We'll be lucky if disney releases new figures for Infinity at this point, since they seemingly have no interest in video games that aren't licensed movie titles.
We will never get Republic Commando 2, Bounty Hunter 2, Pod Racer, X Wing, an actual BF3, nothing.
I don't even understand how they fucked up BF3 so bad, it's like none of the staff actually played 1 or 2.

>I don't even understand how they fucked up BF3 so bad
Because, much like the TFA, it's a soft reboot. It's not even called called 3

Lego Star Wars: TFA is actually really good. Surprisingly good production values.

>muh agendas

if I feel like watching a fun space movie in the theater I'll do what I want.

>It's a Star Wars fag complains about comic book storylines nobody is interested in post
Christ you guys are the worst. Just watch the movies and be done with it nerd

>delete the entire EU

Nah. What they did was archive it and occasionally they'll take 'inspiration' from it.

>TFA wouldn't be a bad film in it's own right if it was freed from it's shackles to the OT.
Yes it would because it's an objectively terrible film.

>TFA wouldn't be a bad film in it's own right if it was freed from it's shackles to the OT
No one would give a fuck about it's mundane shit if it didn't have Star Wars in the name

Going to pay to watch Rebels in 3D then shill memes from it here

Cred Forums is leaking
TFA was arguably one of the best films of 2015 yet you are still hung up on the fact the movie stars a black man and a strong woman

Grow up

>arguably one of the best films of 2015
Nice meaningless statement, was it also a tour de force?

This post is a tour de force.

This. It would then be shit ripoff of Star Wars. This script has no merit at all.

>TFA was arguably one of the best films of 2015
Only if you are a pathologically contrarian psychopath.

>TFA was arguably one of the best films of 2015

My lord. Your wukiiepeedia article 'Breasts' and 'Chair' awaits you. Come edit it, my lord.

Because they want to keep merchandising the OT. Not to mention they already have an established world for all those Star Wars side stories they have planned.

Also you can't really touch it, most hardcore fans would get pissed.

They might have tried to redo the prequels, but they probably wouldn't want to while Lucas is alive.

What they did was the safest course of actions. Basically retell IV, but make it different.

Also, EU a literal shit

Who the fuck cares? Frankly if you saw any of the prequels in the theaters you're just as bad. And I saw all three, so I basically rewarded Lucas for making two and a half turds.

Disney wants to make money, lets them. People will get sick of this cash cow eventually.

If you're an adult and you buy Star Wars or capeshit/pop culture merch you're part of the problem though.

no, no ,no, I'm sorry, but the EU has not inspired any of us with its dismantling of national sovereignty and I believe the British people have decided they want out of the EU and they want their passports back.

>want their passports back
>British passport likely to grant access to less countries after leaving the EU, and everyone will have to pay for VISAs when travelling anywhere abroad
>there was no reason to drop the blue passports in the first place
The British people are retarded, or should I say the half of the voting population who let themselves be misled by tabloids and the leave campaign.

The problem isnt that old eu is gone, which was a clusterfuck of fanfiction writing in most cases. The problem is that disney hasnt taken the good aspects of it and have only managed to make it worse than it already was.

There arent even good video games to look forward to.