Westworld General /ww/

>who was milk edition

So are they underground or on the surface
>inb4 they're in an island like JP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4CTJEZXtr94
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where the fuck are Medieval World and Roman World, the superior immersive experiences?

Who cares about the wild west compared to fucking rome?

>"I didn't pay all this money cause I want it easy"

This confirms Ed Harris is a guest right? Plus every other evidence points to him being human

HBO apparently has 5 seasons planned. I'm sure they'll mention it more but highly doubt they'll show it this season

Wait somebody clarify the timeline for me cause it doesn't make sense if you follow the couple

>on the same train as when perfect boy first got off the train
>perfect boy second day and the couple is only now talking to the sheriff
>they agree to hunt Hector but Sheriff glitches and goes back to town
>becomes nighttime and they fix all the robots
>somehow the couple is there to shoot Hector

were they actually there for 3 days and they chose to kill Hector the third day or was anyone able to kill him? cause the simulator guy was somehow shocked that Hector was killed right there and then. but why would he be shocked if the whole thing was simulated?
>

>kissing android scene

Hng. When will qt robots exist? With little idiosyncrasies?

Never in the first world. This predictive programming is laying down the basework for anti-sexbot laws.

Yeah that shit was hot. I want to see assistant lady take advantage of more robohookers

Yeah was there ever a question that he wasn't a guest or not Human?

yeah. people were saying that he was a rogue robot that got over his programming hence why he can't be shot by other hosts

it was dumb

Anyone could have killed Hector, the writer just expected everyone to be too scared to or just rather want to watch the show.

He was annoyed more than shocked, as he'd written his super cool speech that Hector couldn't deliver.

Any guest would've been able to kill him.
The "simulator guy" was annoyed the guest ruined his story.

Yes, actually, there was. The blackhat in the original Westworld (Yul Brynner) was the primary villain and a robot who overcame his programming. So, to film experts who have studied film and seen the original basis, Ed Harris is obviously suspected to be a robot. (You can throw around the terms guest and host all you like, but I'll say robot, because I'm not an idiot)

It's obvious you haven't seen the original material and you probably don't even know what a black hat means in Western film. Your post was so sad and angering to read. I can only hope that you educate yourself.

Well I am happy I triggered your autism but you have to be retarded to think he was host.

My theory is that Harris is working for the management lady. She seems to be against the whole android thing by wanting to shoot them all

Is this good? It's a JewJew show rigjt?

Every show is made by jews user

You are a massive fucking retard.
The message this time is something along the lines of "the humans are the real monsters"
Why couldn't Ed Harris be a villain and a guest?

I think the twist will be something ridiculous like the robots are actually human beings rebuilt by the park and mind controlled in a way that sounds like programming. The guests are actually robots that overthrew humanity and this is their way of rubbing it in our faces or something.

I achieved perfect SAT scores. What were yours?

>Westworld’s first episode is very strong, and its second nearly as good. It swiftly builds a world built on a deeply disturbing power dynamic that could make a decent metaphor for just about anything you choose. And then it backs away. Starting in the third episode, it’s as if Westworld’s writers lost faith that a theme park run by ethically twisted tech visionaries and full of A.I. with PTSD and humans who checked their morality at home is enough to power a TV show. Having achieved nuclear fusion, they abandon it for a backup generator, focusing on a needless mythology and quest narratives swiped from Lost’s discarded ideas board.

>We suddenly learn about Arnold, Ford’s long-forgotten co-creator (a character almost surely created after the first episode had been written, if not filmed), who wanted to make fully sentient life but eventually died inside the park and whose code may be responsible for the glitches. Ed Harris’ Man in Black becomes fixated on a “maze,” a game within the game, that has something to do with Arnold and has a variety of other characters who were previously engaged in more interesting storylines hallucinating a maze straight out of the funny pages. All of this is much less uncomfortable than almost everything else happening in Westworld, but it is also far less original and gripping. Like the creators of Westworld, the creators of Westworld seem hesitant to fully grapple with the ethical hornets’ nest they have created. It would be worth the sting.

DROPPED

this is what this guy posted in spoiler text for no reason
Westworld’s first episode is very strong, and its second nearly as good. It swiftly builds a world built on a deeply disturbing power dynamic that could make a decent metaphor for just about anything you choose. And then it backs away. Starting in the third episode, it’s as if Westworld’s writers lost faith that a theme park run by ethically twisted tech visionaries and full of A.I. with PTSD and humans who checked their morality at home is enough to power a TV show. Having achieved nuclear fusion, they abandon it for a backup generator, focusing on a needless mythology and quest narratives swiped from Lost’s discarded ideas board.

We suddenly learn about Arnold, Ford’s long-forgotten co-creator (a character almost surely created after the first episode had been written, if not filmed), who wanted to make fully sentient life but eventually died inside the park and whose code may be responsible for the glitches. Ed Harris’ Man in Black becomes fixated on a “maze,” a game within the game, that has something to do with Arnold and has a variety of other characters who were previously engaged in more interesting storylines hallucinating a maze straight out of the funny pages. All of this is much less uncomfortable than almost everything else happening in Westworld, but it is also far less original and gripping. Like the creators of Westworld, the creators of Westworld seem hesitant to fully grapple with the ethical hornets’ nest they have created. It would be worth the sting.

The point of the remake is to invert the original. In the movie it's basically Jurassic Park in the setting, with cowboy robots malfunctioning and attacking guests. In the remake, the robots are the protagonists so naturally the "black hat" iconic villain will be human

>I achieved perfect SAT scores
That's nice dear.

>for no reason

it's a spoiler cause the episodes didn't come out yet. what's the problem?

I need to know if the hookerbot will be raped by that lab woman.

From Terms of Delos Destinations:
>(c) All weapons and equipment used within Delos parks are the exclusive property of Delos, Inc. Gun ammunition contains proprietary safeguards related to bullet velocity, and tampering with gun safety features or ammunition automatically transfers liability to you and absolves Delos, Inc. of any injury or death that may occur as a result.

So should I watch if I like sci-fi, or will it be Blade Runner for babies and not 2deep4u enough?

Kill yourself reddit faggot

go back to china bitch

Honestly, I think by the time that shit's a possibility, the first world won't be first world

Im calling it now, everyone except for the old maker are robots and he may also be in prison

wild west is the cheapest to make. all you need are some wood shacks and Arizona dust

>General

could you GoT shitters fuck off?

the impression I got was that it happened often and in all the years of working he may have never actually finished his speech

Is it full to the brim with nekkid robot tits, ass and dick pussy? Else dropped.

fucking ignorant idiots. I see the same shit about AI laws, there are so many obsticals to strong AI, one of them being that no one knows how to make one. if there was a way to make one and it just needed more power then I would consider it but people don't even know how to make it and still they are fear mongering because they saw the terminator or Surrogates. What is it with the new breed of idiot who thinks movies are reality?

It's meh

It's Blade Runner for babies meets Jurassic Park

is she trying to doom the whole thing? production costs a lot and rollback would be more than enough yet her reaction to everything is "put it in storage"
its meh

nope, they are all robots.
>human beings rebuilt
into undying machines?

How precious is your time that you can't just watch the first episode and decide for yourself you faggot. Just watch it its good

where is the cunny at?What did he learn?

I wonder if any of the hookers are real? maybe one of them just wants to live out being a hooker for a while? also players are immune to npc but what about pvp, in a world were it can be hard to tell npc from a player?
getting over your programming would not register you as organic to other npcs

You mean Medieval Land Fun-Time World?

youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ

Is it at least as smart as the original 1973 movie or is it dumber down even compared to that? Seeing Jew Jews Lost, Star Dreck and Star Warts he doesn't strike me as someone being capable of "clever" and "intricate" sci-fi.

>how DARE you have an on-topic discussion here???
I'm not a NEET, and got better shit to do than check every new shit that comes out whether it's trash or not.

>maybe one of them just wants to live out being a hooker for a while?
>paying a fortune to become a whore

i don't think so pal

surprisingly little nudity. less nude then the nudist beach and almost as erotic, marco polo had more action than this. I was surprised since there were articles about how extras needed to be paid more for all the fucked up shit they would do for this show but while you see some women with there tits flopping around, most action happens in the background, often slightly blurred and not held for more than 5 seconds. Strange Empire may have had more action, maybe they are saving it all up for an orgy ep or something but I won't hold my breath

heresy
youtube.com/watch?v=4CTJEZXtr94

The post-episode thing on HBO GO with some showrunner has them openly say he is a human looking for the deeper game. Pretty sure there isn't going to be some twist.

I have seen stranger things. even if there is not a hooker than Im sure there is at least 1 barkeep or someone pretending to be living with the family they lost ages ago.
>paying a fortune and never role playing or doing anything other than fucking and killing
not likely

The pattern on the scalp is a map
Fucking called it.
I hope the retard who was arguing with me that it was something more sees this and feels like the goddamn idiot that he is

I literally said if you're expecting anything else you're setting yourself up for disappointment

He's an autist

>HA I CALLED IT, THE THING THE SHOW MADE LIKE EXPLICITLY CLEAR, GET READY FOR MY PREDICTION THAT THE 'HOSTS' ARE ACTUALLY ROBOTS TO BE CONFIRMED PLEBS

The Wild West is America's Rome/Middle ages.

The country is only 200 years old, the only history they have is the revolution and the West.

I'd be surprised if any average American cared that much about ancient Europe

That was my point exactly. Dumbasses were arguing non stop Monday that it was something else entirely

It confirms Harris for GOAT.

I mean it's strange that he's always kinda been a character actor, but he's not as prolific as he used to be back during his Abyss and the Rock days.

What happened?
He's been in a lot of mediocre b-tier movies lately.

>Fucking called it.
Even my retarded class mates in college called it.

Harris just fucking tipped his black hat right at you senpai

Okay, so the only thing i do not understand is how they prevent guest from killing other guest. What is special about the guns that they can kill host on host and guest on host but not the other way around?

magic science bullets

Glad this show has a general now.

Also clementine "semen demon" pennyfeather is goat hooker

red herring. he's saving her because they're "paired up" not because she's a guest.

Hookerfu.
Who's gonna get raped by lab lady.

>All these big-wig names tied to a tv-show
They're not gonna get the budget for a 2nd season.

Hopkins and Harris are the only big names, Harris less so. The others are not that big.

How dare you.

>no witches hat

>they dressed me like this!

What if you used a dinner knife?

One explanation I can think of is that the hosts are programmed to only attempt to "harm" guests in certain ways, such as shooting them center mass. My reasoning behind this is when Marsdenbot was teeing off on harris, he found himself unable to pull the trigger when Harris put the gun to his forehead. Then when Harris began taking Blondie into the barn, Marsden was still unable to fire anywhere but the body. Just an observation but I think it fits pretty well.

Watch it get Vinyl'ed

Will he direct an episode anytime soon, anons?

Is that hairline normal on white people or is it shoped too.

What stops you from murdering everyone at Disneyland, user?

Added image to my Blacked/Cucked folder, thank you user.

is the used up alcoholic look part of the act?

Hopefully not.

I'm impressed with J Nolan 2bh. Much better than his shithouse brother

You mean sexed up succubus look?