Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mftc6GS1CWw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

memes aside I think that Idris Elba is pretty good

Step aside peasants

Sidney Poitier

>inb4 bonus situation

Jamie Fox for sure.

For big name, I really like Sam Jackson and Denzel.

I really dislike Morgan Freeman. I think he is really over rated. I find it funny how Hollywood works... They take one of the least intelligent black folks in Hollywood and build this myth around him as some kind of genius "god" figure. It's hilarious and fucked up and all that shit. They do this kind of shit all the time with various things.

That's all for now.

It's the voice.

You could, in fact, call them "blacktors"!

Jamie Foxx is the GOAT actor and also in the best Kanye West song

ITT: People forgetting the true GOAT

the guy who can't quite open his one eye

he did really great job as nick fury i think he was born for that role

Does he have a skin condition or something? Literally a shitskin,

I really enjoy Chiwetel.

I also firmly believe that Richard Ayaode could have been the next Gene Wilder. But where did you go Ayoade?

he's white but a good black actor

Denzel

>least intelligent black folks in hollywood

what are you basing this off? he's not a fucking genius but he seems like a reasonably smart and we'll spoken guy. he's also firmly against this "please pity me, I'm a victim" mentality that a lot of black people seem to have adopted lately so that's a definite plus in my book.

Idris elba

The best blactor imo is Will Smith. I enjoyed his performances in motion pictures such as Kazaam, Pulp Fiction, Bruce Almighty, The Nutty Professor, Star Wars, Rocky, and as the entire cast of Roots.

So you like him because he's an uncle tom type? Wow, I'm really surprised. Seems like that's the same reason Holy-wood likes him so much too.

Problem is, you Americans don't even know your own history. Like, at all.

Base it off his interviews. He's slow, not well spoken, isn't very well informed, always seems very scripted or trying to hard.. Compare that to a Sam Jackson.. he's super sharp, quick, well informed, never comes off as scripted, relaxed, etc..

Watch Morgan on Craig Ferguson. He can't keep up with Ferg.. he just stumbles all over himself. Then go watch Sam or Denzel, but especially Sam.. say, on Graham Norton. Contrast is STARK.

This ever since I watched Last King of Scotland

Just watched the remake of the Manchurian candidate and Denzel is really great in it.

Morgan Freeman probably hasn't properly acted since Bruce Almighty or so
Fucking this, plus most of the black cast from Oz.
I only got one rule... don't FUCK with Quern's

Denzel
Jamie Foxx
That dude from 12 years a slave
Samuel L

I like to think after mayor carcetti failed to become governor he fired him as campaign manager/strategist, he then wanted to live a simple life as a bbq ribs man but frank and that walrus looking rich asshole ruined that, though ultimately his knowledge of politics and the ghetto got hum a job as a prison unit manager/warden.

>and as the entire cast of roots
Top kek

Ptosis? Forrest Whittaker. Good call.

>Best Black actor

no, I like him because he takes responsibility for himself and doesn't blame all his problems on "the white man". infact, a lot of black actors in hollywood seem to be like that, the older ones anyway. Morgan Freeman just happens to be more open about it than others. I've also heard sam Jackson say similar things. is he an uncle tom too? it seems like the only black people that do blame the white boogeyman are the poor ones actually. really makes you think.

also, im wondering what your comment about Americans not knowing our own history is referring to.

Classic niggaz

as far as him being slow, the guys no spring chicken so i'd give him a break on that. as for the other stuff you said like him not being well informed or seeming like he's trying too hard, all I can say to that is I disagree. and comparing him to sam Jackson isn't really fair. Sam's so damn quick and charismatic that'd he'd make anyone look bad. just because Morgan takes a little longer to put his thoughts together in his head doesn't mean he's stupid.

It's not just Hollywood. What you describe is a huge issue and trend within the community of affluent African Americans.

One they "get theirs" they don't give a damn about anyone else. They are desperately eager to get away from that whole world.. to distance themselves. They want nothing to do with "the struggle." etc.

He was amazing in Ghost Rider alongside Cage.

In fact after watching this movie, I fully understand why some want him to be the next James Bond. Very charismatic.

I don't wanna wait

>no, I like him because he takes responsibility for himself and doesn't blame all his problems on "the white man"

In other words you don't give a maggoty shit about his worth as an artist.

are you saying that they want nothing to do with a culture that glamourizes violence and criminals? that refuses to take any responsibility for the state of their community and instead wants to blame it 100% on someone else? that looks down on people within their community that actually try to better themselves? man, that's so weird. I can't understand why they wouldn't embrace such an amazing community and culture.

that's not what me and the other user were talking about you fucking retard but nice try.

Barack H. Obama

Keith Stanfield is going to be fucking GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=Mftc6GS1CWw

I find Denzel to be corny as fuck, yet high celebrated by older black women who have terrible taste in movies.

Jamie is the definition of Oscar bait. I just can't take him seriously. Sure he's adequate, but his ugly mug doesn't fit in every movie he tried to be a part of.

Idris Elba is pretty based though

>you Americans don't even know your own history. Like, at all.
All right Ulysses settle down

a lot of actors from Short Term 12 are on fire lately

Forest Whitaker and Mahershala Ali are the best black actors working today

Idris Elba is a budget version of Denzel
Denzel (was) a budget version of Sidney Poitier

>Brie Larson
>Rami Malek
>Keith Stanfield
>the 10 Cloverfield Lane dude

Pretty impressive for a movie that didn't even cost a million

Jeffrey wright
His character in boardwalk pissed me off tho

Poor Ayoade.

>the bloscar for best blacktor in a leading role

smoothly rolls off your tongue

Gotta get them before they blow up man.
Plus iirc most of it was hand held stuff so equipment would have been pretty cheap, and it's not like there were a huge amount of locations either.

Ayoade's directing stuff now though. And occasionally appearing on british panel quiz shows as the straight man and to make fun of the format of interviews in a meta way

stepin fetchit

When has Samuel L Jackson ever gave a top notch performance that wasn't just him playing the same character like in Pulp Fiction

Valentine in Kingsmen

He made a movie so good it made me do a total 180 on my opinion of Jessie Eisenberg. See the Double it's mesmerizing

I feel he's stuck in that loop of just playing himself dressed in funny costumes. I can't remember the last movie i watched where i cared about his character, i normally just refer to the character as Old timey Samuel L Jackson or spy Samuel L Jackson or Listhpy Samuel L Jackson.

Should have won an Oscar in Saving private Ryan.

There is no dispute

>people calling foxx a good actor uninronically
holy crap

Denzel
Elba
Kotto
Whittaker

haha

In my list Denzel is in his own tier above others.

Where's his iconic slave role?

Underrated

Better question, are there any shitty, not-noname (sorry) black actors?

Cleary it's C . Thomas Howell

Frank's brother

WARP SPEED

It's almost like when you experience life around niggers and life around whites you fast realize there's a little something more to this whole racism thing.

looks like a black Lou Reed

wow, that guy looks so smug in every one of his films, that i just can't not hate him

>its a fingernail in the urethra episode

wat

Are you joking? He's fucking awful.