Luke Cage

Memes aside, what went so right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-euUBK7LQXQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BBC, but so much of it it makes sense in context

Nothing. It's a shit show

first 3rd was ok, rest was boring, diamondback was fucking lame and misty is insufferable

btw rosario knows a good lawyer x10

The first 3-4 eps and the last 3 eps. The rest was mind numbingly boring, nigga.

The live bands playing at the club except for that one shitty rap song about kangz

BIG

No token white people

But the show is shit? Im sure its better than CISicca Jones which i haven't seen but it's just a blander DareDevil with less awesome fight scenes.

Coudln't even be bothered to watch anymore after Episode 8 because every episode is this:

>AY YO HOL UP NIGGA U BE SAYING U INVINCIBLE N SHIET?
>Ye dawg but dont call me no nigga u kno we wuz kangs and shit dis road named after a proud black man
>Luke im lusting after your bbc but i need u to beat up bad guys right now
>ey yo i don wanna be doin that just tryna get my life back on track goin church err sunday
>BUTCHU A KAANG AINT NO ONE ELSE CAN DO WAT U CAN O
>Ye okay den

>CISicca Jones which i haven't seen

k

The setting, the atmosphere, the music, Cage himself.
What went wrong instead:
some scenes were utterly ridicolous (the bazooka scene looked like something straight out from A-Team), could've been 8 or 9 episodes instead of 13 because there were so much filler, the fights were kinda shitty and the final brawl was ridiculous as well as Diamondback suit, it looked terrible.
Overall quite funny.

Jessica Jones is better. Sure fight scenes are crap, cause Kristen Ritter can't move for shit, but secondary characters are a lot better and Kilgrave is a goat villain

Im not watching a show about white man raping everyone while she gets BLACKED.

I will never be that brainwased.

Cottonmouth and Mariah

Not much. What a snoozefest.

>I will never be that brainwased.

Yet you're trying to criticize a show solely using Cred Forums buzzwords and memes

>It's a everyone except the lead actor knows how to act show
Mike Colter looks great as Cage, but he's stiff as a board. Cottonmouth, Mariah, Misty had some really great moments in the show but Luke didn't have a single one.

it's like 10x better than CW shit shows

Pull the trigger, nigga!

STRONG

GOTTA SLAY MY KANG

LONG LIVE DA CHIEF

this, the end of episode 2 gave me chills

I liked the bullet hole hoodey episode with Method Man.

i gave up in episode 4

this is trying to be classic blaxploitation but missing every mark. if they hired jews instead of niggers to do this show this will be the best tv show about niggers ever

Was it autism?

His acting was good, especially at the dramatic moments (like the "pull the trigger" moment others mentioned earlier).

I think they're trying to write Luke Cage differently. He's a shell-shocked dude who's just trying to be normal, not the blacksploitation "punch a jive turkey in the mouth" dude from the 70's comics.

(Although I really hope they make him like that later on in the series.)

The news about this are terrible.

Did they actually make this just because he's black? If I check this show out, will I get a constant barrage of SJW talking points instead of an actual show?

Bane

>this is trying to be classic blaxploitation

Fucking kek what

>tfw I share a board with this idiot

Well the first daredevil suit was shit too so they fixed it in the very first episode of the next season.

JUST

No. It tackles black on black crime, which SJWs hate. They only want to focus on police brutality. Also the main antagonists are a politician and gang leader corroborating to make a fuckton of money at the expense of their community

Well remember, black on black crime is because of racism to begin with. Classic corruption plot, doesn't sound too bad, gonna check it out then

YOU

ALREADY

KNOW

L M A O

Wow man how culturally pervasive has white guilt become?
I live in rural Canada, so while I see evidence of it in the media, I don't know what it's like to live with.

Is this supposed to be a reason to watch?

It's 100x times better than bloody diarrhea.

I think he'll be more like that once he starts hanging out with Danny. At least I hope so.

>I don't know what it's like to live with
It's hard to think like an actual racist isn't it.

>blander DareDevil

Nah.

The fight scenes might not be as well choreagraphed, but the show is oozing style. The setting, the characters, and especially the music give it a ton of unique personality and this cheeky blaxploitation vibe that really set it apart from it's sibling shows.

>mfw he gets with Misty
>mfw thought to myself he's punching below his weight

Sexy motherfucker. No homo.

The 100 is my shit though

Yes this scene was fucking great

Not surprised that Marvel fans have so much shit to say about something genuinely decent.

I fucking hate Luke for saying no, and Claire for suggesting it and getting my hopes up. It would have been great for Matt to show up in the last two episodes. Get Luke's named clear with the evidence and leave him a free man.

>those titties on Misty
Wasn't expecting that

As a black man who obliterates the backwards thinking on /po/ pretty often I fuckign hate this show.

and not for any social reasons, I hate it because it fucking sucks.

The acting is horrid, the writing somehow worse, the action scenes laughable, and the pacing inane.

I quite literally started fast forwarding once I got to the tenth episode.

Literal garbage.

And these multiple threads every day about the show being good has me questioning if shills really are on Cred Forums

>Having a job as a black man is a good thing
>The biggest problem the black community is facing is a lack of fathers
>The second biggest problem the black community is facing is the glorification of criminals and the "I ain't no snitch" mentality
I'm about halfway through it and it's based as fuck so far

However it is Netflix so I'm expecting them to fuck it up somehow

>As a black man who obliterates the backwards thinking on /po/

I know man, those crackas think they know how to fold paper, sheeeit.

This x100

Claire and Turk showing up is okay, but what the fuck is the point of the cinematic universe if the other major characters aren't ever showing up?

Luke nearly fucking dies, yet doesn't think maybe he should call Jessica for some backup? Claire doesn't offer to call up Daredevil for some assistance?

Also where the fuck is S.H.I.E.L.D. in all this? They've investigated incidents with far less to go on, let alone when there's a fucking viral video of a bulletproof guy throwing cops dozens of yards

Shit, two super-powered guys start a huge fight, why didn't Spidey swing by?

>As a black man who obliterates the backwards thinking on /po/ pretty often I fuckign hate this show.

fucking cringe

neck yourself whitey

/po/ is nothing but fucking cultural appropriation, makes me fucking sick that so many white people are trying to steal a proud Japanese tradition

On a side note the first few episodes were really fucking boring, I was worried it'd be another Jessica Jones. Glad I was wrong. Still no Daredevil S1 but it didn't feel like a chore watching it

>Also where the fuck is S.H.I.E.L.D. in all this? They've investigated incidents with far less to go on

Shield has been gone for since the events of the winter soldier, keep up.

>Shield has been gone for since the events of the winter soldier, keep up

No, they haven't. They've been underground operating from the shadows. They're about to be re-announced. Keep up.

If you think this show is boring you're a fucking pleb through and through. Literally every scene advances the plot.

Pretty much. I dont think I ever saw a scene where they blamed the white man. It was all about empowered men, taking responsability and helping make your community better. All the main villains were black and corrupt. The cops are shown in sympathetic light, just trying to deal with a community that doesn't respect them and doesn't want their help.

Then... On Episode 12 they went full on agenda pushing with the whole hoodie as to even have Method Man mention Trayvon in his song. Good thing it was only for thay segment and right at the end of the show.

>not all folders

>No, they haven't. They've been underground operating from the shadows. They're about to be re-announced. Keep up.

Yeah so going around investigating some street level punks seems like a huge waste of energy and resources if they're supposed to be gone.

Like I said, Shield has been gone since winter soldier, why would they out themselves now just because some black guy wants to save harlem? The didn't come out of the woodwork for civil war for christ sake.

>Method Man mention Trayvon in his song

I just finished it and I'm absolutely baffled by the reviews. People like this shit, I honestly don't see any good points about it apart from the soundtrack and use of music.

So much of the show is just characters monologuing at you. Seriously, there are multiple segments where it's like 10 minutes of one character essentially talking to himself about some topic while everyone around is just a captive audience.

The worst examples of this were the whole fucking interrogation sequence on Misty - and I think this was dragged on to multiple episodes in length?!

Luke is such an unbelievable dumbass too, like so much of the shit he says and does is actually what I would expect a mentally handicapped person to do.

It feels like a blaxploitation series but with SJW-pandering elements (the "negro in a hoodie dindu nuffin" meme especially made me cringe).

The first few episodes were decent, I mean it was still not on par with Daredevil or Jessica Jones, but it /really/ slipped around like the 5th episode, and went completely off the edge when they killed off Cottonmouth (who, along with Shades, was basically the only interesting character in the series).

I think this series was not only not amazing, but actually BAD. Like, REALLY BAD. Just listen to some of the fucking dialogue, on the rare occasion characters DO talk to each other and not AT each other, and you can see how fucking absolutely TERRIBLE the writing and acting for this show was.

Every white man is villainous.

>White detective is corrupt, for no reason even - he doesn't even fucking spend the money and his family is already dead so it's not like they're being threatened or something
>White doctor is literally a eugenicist who doesn't care about killing his patients

It's Jessica Jones all over again

Nigga they've been investigating anyone who could possibly be an inhuman

They investigated street criminals in Columbia and all over the world (including the US) because they were "enhanced" and that was on a lot less evidence than Cage has been displaying

My man.

>tfw you're just a nigga with a rocket launcher, but you still can't kill a nigga with bulletproof skin

Honestly, I wouldn't argue what you said if more than 70% of the minorities in the show weren't criminals or engaging in criminal activity.

>Bobby Fischer takes blood money that Luke stole.
>Pop used to be a criminal, and was harboring a fugitive
>Cottonmouth was a gunrunner
>Mariah a corrupt politician
>Diamondback an arms dealer
>Domingo sells drugs

But oh no! Two white men are shown to be shady and bad people. Obviously there is an agenda pushing all white men to be evil.

100% of the white men in the show are bad guys

There's only like 2 of them, though, and most of the characters are bad guys, so I don't know that it's really a big deal, and this is coming from a stormfag m80.

There are plenty of minor white characters who aren't. Also, to add. A Black Cop was the one that beat a child during an interrogation. Meanwhile all the white cops, never armed a black person. They shook down a couple of dealers trying to find Luke but they never hurt anyone. Sure they were heated when they taught Luke killed a cop, but they never did anything as bad as beating down a kid.

But you'll see what you want to see, honestly.

>Jessica Jones is better
That's objectively wrong though

It fails hard as a superhero show and it fails just as hard as a detective show

Add in all the white male tumblr hate and you've got an anomination that should have never been made

Which is probably why they've pushed season 2 back several years

And you're dismissing his point because why?

JJ is all about hating white men

Honestly it's not that bad

I expected tumblr tier shit going in and after jessica jones but i was pleasantly surprised

Jessica Jones was a lot better. It wasn't a superhero show or a detective show, as you say. It was a character drama with some of these elements. And its characters, at least some of them, were actually well written, and the drama, at least some of the time, was actually interesting.

The premise of Kilgrave as the villain, which was the real plot of the show (and bolstered further by Tennant's acting), is also substantially more interesting than the near-absence of a plot in Luke Cage.

Now I won't disagree that it's a fucking SJW-infested propaganda piece at many junctures, but that's all modern media for you. I liked JJ while loathing its politics.

I feel completely bored by Luke Cage, and also loathe its politics.

fuck you JJ was terrible, I bet it didn't even have an action choreographer, they just winged that shit, poorly. And miss one-expression hobbit-feet can't carry a show

But LC has much less SJW shit than JJ, which is pure white male hate

Also, i'm curious what characters you think were well written?

We can agree Kilgrave was a great villain though

JJ really really really pissed me off because there was so much untapped potential with Kilgrave

He has one or two lines about how his power has fucking ruined him as a person because he can never know if someone is doing something for him because they legitimately want to or if it's because of his power, and he has to be incredibly careful with what he says

That kind of shit is interesting and could have made him more sympathetic, but it's just a few lines and never brought up again and he immediately reverts to LOL IM EVIL

No they both absolutely fail as dramas and it's kind of beside the point. These are comic book adaptations. Something that Daredevil didn't completely lose sight of.

and it's why The Flash is still the best capeshit we've ever been given

aside from The Cape

You can dislike JJ all you like, but by no reasonable metric can you call it worse than Luke Cage.

>But LC has much less SJW shit than JJ, which is pure white male hate
I don't know, the overt politicism of LC may be less apparent, but I think that's just because almost the entire main cast and plot involves blacks and blacks exclusively. It's still quite revolting in every way that matters in its politics.

>Also, i'm curious what characters you think were well written?
Ironically I think Luke Cage was one of the most interesting characters in JJ. It's baffling to me how they could fuck up his own series so badly.

>He has one or two lines about how his power has fucking ruined him as a person because he can never know if someone is doing something for him because they legitimately want to or if it's because of his power, and he has to be incredibly careful with what he says
Well that was just him lying, though. He has to actively emit the pheromones that make his power work. That's why the Asian guy he bought JJ's house from wasn't enthralled.

S1 was pretty great, not gonna argue.

>The Flash
>good
Nah m8

>That's why the Asian guy he bought JJ's house from wasn't enthralled.

I thought it was because he chose his words very carefully, not because he was simply turning his power off

Kind of annoyed Misty's partner is corrupt. He seemed a bit misguided while discussing the superheros and the role of police in a world of supers, it would have been cool to see him go literally anywhere except down the corrupt cop path

Nah, you can see the scene here, the guy is clearly unaffected by what Kilgrave says. Also, IIRC his dad debunks this idea later on.

youtube.com/watch?v=-euUBK7LQXQ

That fucking proves my point though. He explicitly never gives the guy a command, and even stops himself from doing so

>"I'd like to buy your house"
>"It's not for sale"
>makes an offer
>doubles down on resisting

>you can't be serious
>I am
>questions his sincerity

>is this legal
>yes
>i need to show this to a lawyer

What he was hesitating on was just making the guy do it because he faced resistance, not being more particular with his word choice.

>As a black man who obliterates the backwards thinking on /po/ pretty often I fuckign hate this show.

literally yikes

thanks for the review though, mr. special snowflake

i really appreciated the blogging element

In the comics, which is what that scene is really referencing, Scarfe decides to take the law into his own hands and murders criminals who got away with their crimes.

Maybe he'll show up in Iron Fist.

I thought Cottonmouth was a lot more interesting than Kingpin.
I actually really liked Diamondback in his introduction, but my opinion fell REALLY hard when he started doing stupid shit every episode and lost his threat.

The guy isn't really resisting though, he's just reacting to Kilgrave's declarations of intent.

>I want to buy your house
>I want to give you this money
>I want this to be completely legal

None of these are direct commands which is what Kilgrave demonstrably needs to use to make people actually do things.

The reason why he doesn't use his powers is odd, sure, but I think he just realizes that in this particular instance it's much cleaner to just give someone a lot of money.

Ok why did Method Man waste his time on the soapbox by bringing up Trayvon fucking Martin? There's an ample number of clear-cut brutality against blacks that the mainstream media never covers for whatever reason. If he was a real nigga he could've rapped about victims who need the fucking spotlight. Fucking poser.

Kingpin is easily the worst character of the Marvel shows. Even down to the way he talks just makes him seem like an absurd person who'd never be able to socialize, yet somehow he's managed to claw his way to the top and ends up in a relationship

>The guy isn't really resisting though, he's just reacting to Kilgrave's declarations of intent.
He's not only obviously resisting (shutting the door on him), but is actively ignoring Kilgrave's declarations of fact.

One of the main ways he uses his power is not by giving direct commands, but instead by stating something as the truth, and people believe it. Not only that, but people react positively to his desires, setting aside being commanded.

In this case we have him stating a desire which is clearly rejected, but then also stating facts about the situation which are not accepted. This is because he is suppressing his power.

At least people in the show pointed out that it looked dumb too

The music.

>One of the main ways he uses his power is not by giving direct commands, but instead by stating something as the truth, and people believe it

That's not really the case though. Watch the show again and you'll find that he always gives direct commands to people who are then compelled to obey.

He never says something like "I want this person dead" and then someone near him kills that person, he needs to specifically tell someone to kill someone in order to make them kill someone.

just to to demonstrate my, here is the eariler scene where he gets the money

>If you light that thing, I'll have you put it out in your eye
Doesn't do shit
>Put that out
Guy puts it out

if what says is true then the guy wouldn't have lit the cigar in the first place

>The reason why he doesn't use his powers is odd
Because it's established as temporary. If he used his powers, the guy would call the cops after it wore off and he wanted his house back. It's not just cleaner, it's the only way he could do what he wanted to do.

Why can't you just enjoy a show without constantly having to bring race into it?

cuck

>they've been investigating anyone who could possibly be an inhuman

yeah, when SHIELD WAS STILL A THING.

>make him hand over the deed for no money
>tell him to go off somewhere and kill himself
Problem solved. Also the SOP for Kilgrave.

He got where he is because of people like Wesley, that's what makes him interesting. Even in the prison he needs outside help.

You really think the cops aren't going to investigate a guy handing a deed over and then killing himself?

Why would they investigate anything? It would be a legit suicide, the police don't dig through your personal history trying to find a reason when you off yourself m8.

Are you an idiot? One of the first things they look at is recent transfers of assets to see if foul play was involved

Yeah I found that a little jarring too, honestly I was very surprised throughout that they hadn't been pulling any shit like that.
Kind of let me down a little, but still as you say it was right at the end so it didn't ruin the show at all.
I actually really enjoyed it for the most part.

>I am a unique individual with a personality and will never let myself become just another one of the crowd

>he says anonymously on a chinese anime picture forum

1. No, they don't. In the case where a death is not clearly a suicide and there's already reason to suspect foul play, then you might get an investigation. Emphasis on might.

2. In the case that there is an investigation, there's nothing illegal in the transfer of ownership. It was done all above board, according to the wishes of the deceased.

3. If he was really concerned about being low profile about it, then he'd be much better off orchestrating the previous owner's demise in an inconspicuous way than by bribing a guy with millions in cash stolen from a gambling den.

The show constantly adding in about how hard it is to be a black woman almost made me stop watching the show

In thew new season of Agents of Shield they are out of the shadows and work with the UN or some shit.

MO MONEY FO DEM HARLEM PROGRAMS

>bring race into it
but the show already did that

Yeah, if the Trayvon thing hadn't happened. The whole hoodie thing would have been so much better. Luke Cage was gaining back the people and in turn the people of Harlem helped him by wearing the hoodies so he could blend in.

I just hate how everyone will misenterpret the show as pushing the BLM movement and about their issues but not about the real issues that the show talks about. Black on black crime, communities suffering because of it and the idolizing of the criminal life and how its up to the communities to fix those problems themselves. But no, that Trayvon segment will be all that people will take away from the message.

This is what SJWs do though, they move the spotlight from actual problems to whatever 'problem' or 'victim' that's trending

Sure, him relying on powerful allies is interesting, but exactly how is supposed have gotten these allies is what I find poorly explained.

Scarfe is dead dude

I know, I didn't mean he should show up in the present.

If anything the show warns against the dangers of large social movements being led by corrupt people.

>Mfw white friends hate this show because it's not about whites/deals with black topics
>black friends love it

lmao, stay insecure, cucks

>SJWs
People here and on Cred Forums are already doing that

>mainstream media caters too heavily too white males, there needs to be more diversity
>stop bitching and make your own shit then
>Okay, here's a show about blacks and latinos
>stop making shows that don't cater to me

I feel like a fedoralord even saying this...

Most people with minimal critical thinking will do it. Doesn't matter their ideology, the dumb-dumbs of any group will rally behind surface observations that don't stand up to scrutiny. It's one of the reasons I still use Cred Forums, as much as there's shitposting, hatred and memes there's also critical deconstructions that understand what they're picking apart, which is shockingly lacking elsewhere on the internet.

Diamond black was the shitest netflix/ marvel villain yet

By fucking miles.

Cottonmouth was decent, too bad they killed him off. Mariah, Diamondback, and shades was unbearable

My problem with anything netflix is the awful pacing, jessica jones was okay but it feels like an 8-10 episode show, same for DD but DD is overall better.

It was the most boring Marvel entry to date.

What do you mean it went "right"?

Dumb memeposters and Facebook normies

is iron fist going to be shit too?

HAHAHAHAHA
whitebois senores y senoritas

>im one of the goods one guys
kys uncle tom
ps gib black qt

why did he hated him?

iunno mang i dropped it at episode 9
music was good and it had bretty hot black chicks

will finish in the future, maybe

i can't think of one single thing they did right in this. it was all shit in one way or another.

>Get Luke's named clear with the evidence and leave him a free man
Well that's probably what they're going to go for next season, if they don't simply skip it because Bobby found the folder that supposedly has everything to clear Luke's name.

I'm an episode in and think it's fucking shit

One of the biggest failures of this show is the lack of a solid comic relief guy.

There was simply put not enough funny moments to allow for the mountain of downtime the show had.

They tried to fill the void with random characters and events but it all failed horribly.
The tone was way too light to not have an established funny guy.

>mfw methodman's rap

is this a real hood tv show with gangsta' n shit? or another boringfest like jessica jones?

>Doesn't matter their ideology, the dumb-dumbs of any group will rally behind surface observations that don't stand up to scrutiny.

Don't confuse the propaganda peddled by figure heads with the actual motivations of people involved in a movement. It's always easy to poke holes in some media soundbite and pretend that you've winning the fight somehow, when in reality you're fighting the completely wrong battle.

it's the black people version of jessica jones. everything is extremely forced.

at least JJ had david tennant to entertain with his acting, but this has absolutely nothing. the actors are by far the worst collection of actors in any marvel show or movie.

The hood gangsta shit is there, it's given a cosmetic treatment however. You can compare it to mafia movies which show their own as being some like some microcosmos filled classy ass motherfuckers that still live like it's the fucking 50s rather the reality of it being filled with cavemen.

the hood gangsta stuff in the show is like a G-rated version of the wire

it's pathetic

It was basically the capeshit version of The Wire. Having said that the show would've been much better off if it were only 8-10 episodes.

Starts off well and then get's really boring and shitty.

If you think you can ignore the poor acting, terrible writing and forced characters to get to the cool part of Luke cage kicking ass...

Be prepared to be disappointed by horrid choreography, bad cuts, bad effects, repetitive moves, lack of creativity etc.

I guess their budget was shit but everything looked so fake in regards to Luke using his super strength.
If they had more moments like the one in the diner where it slow mo's and you see the guys arm break then it would be awesome. Something to make it more visceral, illustrate the power Luke was dishing out. Instead they showed people flying into walls for 12 hours.

I'm not a fan of CGI, but unless you can produce something competent like in daredevil then you have do something to make him actually look and feel "super"

I swear if I see one more slow mo shot of him walking and bullets glancing off him or him crumpling a gun I'll lose it.

is cage boring like on jessica jones? fuck, I was expecting that to be some sort of warming up, I refuse to believe he still feels like a secondary character on his own show.

the fight scenes are all the same

luke cage gets shot a lot, nothing happens, he walks towards them, throws people around, end

>96% on rotten tomatoes
this is literally proof marvel and disney pay critics for good reviews

Yeah he did feel like a secondary guy. The only bad guy i disliked was Diamondback. The other badguys i rooted for. Misty was good tit eyecandy otherwise the rest wasn't much to look forward to

I liked that it felt more like a blaxploitation series
rather than a super hero series

he has no character. he's just...there. and he's strong. that's about it.

yes, he feels like a side character in his own show because the guy playing him has absolutely no charisma or acting chops. he's just some strong big black guy. the funniest part is he's not even the worst actor on the show despite all that, the black congress woman is fucking AWFUL. i don't know what in the fuck she was trying to do. she acts like a confused child.

yes

Why were they so afraid to make him run? or show any kind of rage?

How did they miss the opportunity to have him literally bowling ball a group of guys out of the way?

I hate this show so much.
>96%
No way anyone is gonna trash the first solo black superhero series, just like Jessica jones was immune from being bad

>the black congress woman is fucking AWFUL

There are so many scenes where her tone and body language do not fit at all with what the character is supposed to be feeling.

Cottonmouth is good up until he kills Tony. Shortly after that, his character turns to complete shit. He sort of gets interesting again when they delve into his past and him wanting to be a musician. Then Mariah kills him.

>There are so many scenes where her tone and body language do not fit at all with what the character is supposed to be feeling.
Wasn't that supposed to be her schtick? She's a politic, she lies to herself and others constantly with varying degree of success.

>P-people are just pretending it's good.

I'm sure they are kiddo.

>Nigger
>bulletproof skin
Why wasn't it shut down for hilarious racism?

it's not a schtick, it's just bad acting. she had no clue what the fuck she was doing.

Dunno, she looked fine to me, and I don't see why it's written that characters in TV shows should act sad when they're sad or shit like that.

Cage has a similar to the same role that Batman of in The Dark Knight. Rather than being about Batman and how he fights crime, it's really about how the criminals and how they react to Batman.

>Why were they so afraid to make him run? or show any kind of rage?

because he's the Good Moral Negro. you can't have a Good Moral Negro do anything that shows him being aggressive.

>she looked fine to me
lol, in almost every scene she's in everything is just off with her acting, none of it fits with anything going on around her.

>avcuck
what a surprise

I know he seems a bit 1D but Shades makes my list too. I still love him even after a nigga took an ass whoopin' from Claire and a crippled Misty.

How? What are you talking about?

>lol, in almost every scene she's in everything is just off with her acting, none of it fits with anything going on around her.
So it's a very glaring problem with the actress of a major role in a somewhat famous show? How come no one noticed but you?

killed off the only cool character, making the last 3 eps boring superhero bullshit only comic book fans adore

and here we go with the marvel shills

she forces everything and most of the time her body language doesn't sync up with what's going on in the scene. she's all over the place. i really don't know what to tell you if you didn't notice this, watch more movies maybe.

>and here we go with the marvel shills
Not an argument.

The white old cop

Comic book fan here. I didnt adore the last 3. Pretty damn boring compared to the beginning.

1 shekkel has been deposited in your account

>most boring Marvel entry to date.
Kek

BULLETPROOF BLACK GUY

Hot, SPICY memes right here.

To long and the main villain was underwhelming. It would have been a lot better at 10 episodes.

Both Daredevil seasons were good. Good action and story.

Jessica Jones was better than I was expecting. Good show.

Luke Cage was meh. Meh story and meh action.

JJ has the worst choreographed & least action scenes out of all of the time, and S2 of DD was boring af with the added shit of Elektra.
Have you even watched any of them..?

>And these multiple threads every day about the show being good has me questioning if shills really are on Cred Forums

there isn't much stuff worth talking about right now. We are not shills just bored

Action scenes are the least interesting part of virtually any story.

i don't know but my wife is absolutely crazy about this show. white women everywhere are raving about Luke Cage!

maybe she just wants them misty mammaries

yet you mentioned them twice..

Who doesn't

hi pajeet

So you watch capeshit for the deep plot and complex themes?

yee

>she forces everything and most of the time her body language doesn't sync up with what's going on in the scene.
I disagree with your opinion and I think you just wanted to hate on the show.

i wouldn't hate the show if it was actually, ya know, good

>cracker
>weapon is a literal oversized frisbee stolen from Africans
a little bit too on the nose, huh?

I don't recall them mentioning race once?

I'm positive you're baiting, but genuinely I don't remember them making it about race ever.

Tennant carried JJ hard, for the most part the season was tedious and boring. Theres only so many times you can capture Kilgrave before it gets boring.
Also Ritters inability to do actions scenes made it a god damn snorefest.

>africans
>shields
reaching

>they didn't use racial slurs so it's not racism
stop pretending to be retarded

if the MCU progresses roughly in real time, Luke Cage takes place late last year, before the re-legitimization of SHIELD

One thing I don't understand is why no one ever mentioned Black Panther, not even in passing. I mean come on, this is an African Prince who's gone toe to toe with Captain America and his metal-armed buttbuddy, you'd think black Americans or Americans in general would have sat up and paid attention. Unless BP's role or even involvement in the whole Civil War debacle was hushed by the media

Really nigga? The most famous African military the the world knows, the soldiers of the Zulu kingdom, were renowned for their massive...cowhide shields. And that wan't even where I was going with that tard, I was making a joke about how synonymous white guys are with frisbees. You bitches love your ultimate frisbee, don'tcha?

Pretty much, I only finished JJ for Killgrave and dat ass.

>But you'll see what you want to see, honestly.
This shit is the WHOLE POINT of the series. It's fascinating how people here are doing the same thing everyone in the series does: not changing their perception to suit their beliefs.

Everyone in the series blame/hate the cops, yet the fact nobody trusts and is cooperating with the police (pops hiding Chico, Misty doing things herself and fucking up, the community hating on cops doing their jobs on Cottonmouth) is the reason so many shit happened.
>They hate us until they need us. Then they'll go back hating us again.
This series is an SJW and BLM nightmare, portraying black suffering comes from within, not without, and that the police are good guys who just wants to help. Luke's whole character arc is trusting the system, that's why he willingly let himself in by the Marshalls and how they know he's innocent (but must arrest him anyway) and thus treat him with respect (even offered to stop for some donuts on the way.) It's a great show.

For all the world knows, the even of CW is back doors stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if nobody knew Wakanda exists, much less it's prince is a superhero.

Not really liking Luke Cage so far, it's ok but not as good as JJ or DD. Only just finished episode 3 though so gotta give it a bit more time first. Thing is, JJ and DD pulled me in instantly, Luke Cage just isn't doing that for me. I think Daredevil is the strongest of the bunch, but Netflix/Marvel shows suffer from dragging things out much longer than they need to be, by that I mean all the Elektra shit in Daredevil, christ I'd get so frustrated everytime she'd call him on the phone and be like "HEy we should do stuff again lol", and he'd always do it even though he said never to contact him, then with JJ it's catch Kilgrave, oops he's gone, Got him again, oops he's gone, so many chances to kill him but bullshit reasons not to.

True...though someone HAD to have gotten video of BP chasing the Winter Soldier through the overpass. Huh...I'm just realizing that most of the scenes BP was in were away from the prying eyes and smartphone cameras of the public. So yeah, most people may not even be aware he was even involved, and the powers that be are probably trying to keep it that way to preserve relation between the US and Wakanda

DD pulled me in and then threw me out the door with the blind master and the ninja assassin.
Luke Cage at least manages to put off these kind of fantasy concepts until late in the show.

This.
They show that black criminals and black crime exists from generations passing it down to their offspring.
They show how black kids(like Cottonmouth) who could actually make a life for themselves outside crime and pushed into a life of crime and murder by their parents and other influences in their life.
Luke Cage has to be the most triggering show of all time, bravo Marvel.

Every black feminist has a white boyfriend.

>I loved you like a brotha
>Nigga, I AM YOUR BROTHA

A moment that cannot be topped.

O
=============================D
O

I think Luke is lame compared to other heroes:

He has an uncle ben moment like spiderman does but that only strengthens his resolve and sense of duty just for 1 episode then gives up because the bad guy went to jail.

Also he has some top tier powers and still can't handle some low tier mobster. Meanwhile we get a blind daredevil who's powers only give me some kind of 360 radar sense fighting a whole underground ninjaclan.

I just feel Luke could be more, do more.

Also the drilling bullets make no sense. We see that they need to penetrate the walls to start drilling. So following the same logic they need to penetrate Luke. If they can already penetrate Luke then you no longer need the drilling, you're already inside of him killing him.

If they do need to drill into Luke then they need something to hold then, you can't magically drill into something.

Maybe all Luke needs is a good penetration from Jessica Jones.

>"I WAS YOUR BROTHER ALL ALONG"
>falls into dumpster truck that drives away at the right moment
>"i-it's not like I wanted to kill oni-chan anyway"

That episode was a fucking ride.

lmao everyone hates white people.

Leave capeshit to Luke ya'll

Shades, he was like WESLEY but from lower income bracket

This shit is like some geto fight on mustafar

Damn. Cage actor is a hell of a handsome man.

Drilling is just the extra bit. its all about the vibranium(or whatever is in that shit)
>I think Luke is lame compared to other heroes
kind of true, a he could have done more but the point seems to be less about him saving the community and more about the community being inspired to save itself. yes just taking out few guys would have fixed shit for a month or 2 but once luke took off it would be back to same old same old. most black characters seemed to lack strong moral fiber(even the good ones) so luke's main aim was to fix that up

I liked how the only mention of Black Lives Matter was made by Mariah

>you are the second person to tell me that
>tell him yourself
what did they mean? is this a fuck up?