Have you seen Lights Out, Cred Forums? Is it any good...

Have you seen Lights Out, Cred Forums? Is it any good? I'm watching it right now and it seems extremely low budget/amateurish somehow but I'm only 10 minutes in.

It has some ghost that's basically from that children's game where you have to look at it and then it doesn't move, and then in darkness i moves, and that's pretty much it? Also creepy Silent Hill mannequins.

It's nothing but jump scares.

glad you took time out from the movie to post about how you're watching the movie and ask our thoughts on it

Wait what, now it had the opening title screen and it jumped from the main story to the typical whore and dudeweedlmao guy horror movie people. I'm confused.

I aim to please, expect at least 1 more hour of updates!

>not giving the movie your full attention
that being said
it's a creepy concept but the execution comes off as a discount Babadook

It was awful
the idea was cool but they didn't go anywhere with it
I would have rather watched invisible man type movie about a dude who is invisible only in light and his hijinks

What if he was only invisible when surrounded by fog particles so he had to eat beans constantly to produce a misty fart about his personage?

I already like it better than lights out

Also can someone explain to me is dudeweedlmao's whore actually the main kid's mom or not? I couldn't tell from the photo, is it the same actress so it implies a timeskip or what?

stop speaking in memes, I have no clue who you're talking about
christ what a shit thread

Nevermind the movie explained it for me, it's apparently the stepdaughter. They look the same so I didn't understand it at first, sorry.

My biggest problem besides the needless dumb backstory to the ghost was that the ghost didn't seem to stay consistent with rules.

Sometimes you would see it, lights would come on, they go off and it's like a foot closer to you stretching out, and it repeats this for the scene. Other times lights would go out, and she is now behind you.

The biggest example of this is when she is in the closet scratching, they open the closet--nothing, but now she is under the bed across the room.

The movie sometimes acted like she had a set presence, and other times just warped her around inexplicably

seemed to me like it could move however the fuck it wanted in darkness, like teleport or be sanic fast
but that just makes the monster dumb as fuck but then lot of shit in the movie was dumb as fuck

Wtf are you on -- word choice, bruh. As I understand in little boy and punk girl are half siblings, and Dianna killed their dads. I think the first guy who gets killed is the little boy's dad.

>seemed to me like it could move however the fuck it wanted in darkness, like teleport or be sanic fast
That's what it looks like to me so far, it seems to be able to teleport from one dark spot to another.

Why didn't the monster just carry a blanket over itself at all times?

Kind of agree, but with the closet example, it moved in straight up light. Because he bedroom light is on, they turn on the closet light before opening it, so the ghost should be frozen by the rules we've been given, they open the closet and it grabs the boy from the under the bed across the room. I don't know why I'm putting this much effort to explain how dumb it is when you already pointed it out, it just bothered me that the only rule that the ghost seemed to follow was "be scary"

I just saw the closet scene, so yeah, it teleports over light just fine. Which pretty much makes it invincible, since it can always grab you from under the table or whatever.

Why is it so difficult to achieve the minimum of narrative consistency?

And now it teleported over the kid's candle too when he was walking around with it, so yeah.

The problem is that they're clearly in enough darkness a lot of the other times (when the dudeweedlmao guy is going through the house with a flashlight and cell phone, literally everything else is dark so it could eat him from behind right then and there but it doesn't).

I find it interesting that the only authority figures in this (the child services lady and two cops) are all black. Literally all three of them.

Is this really how it is in America?

I thought the movie was dumb.

It's a dumb movie. Nobody dies except the mom and dad.

Don't forget the police