It's true, it's DAMN true

It's true, it's DAMN true.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ujMzR3xNqr4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's still better than 99% of anything else on television.

>inb4 meme "deep" shows like sopranos and the wire

reminder that both also had shit last season and finales

Name one series where the final season - and series finale - isn't shit.

>It's still better than 99% of anything else on television.
No. 75% of anything else on television? Probably not. There are so many amazing, iconic shows and even lesser known shows that Breaking Bad falls flat against. The Shield, for one, is literally Breaking Bad years before Breaking Bad. And it had a better ending.

>It's still better than 99% of anything else on television.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

my main issue with it is the nazis outta fucking nowhere. it's like they ran out of ideas how to wrap it up and after four seasons of very good storytelling that was all tied together they just thought "fuck it, nazis"

Everybody knows it.

youtu.be/ujMzR3xNqr4

Iconic as in pretentious shit, at best. Every single time The wire and Sopranos fail miserably to any decent argument, someone will bring up shit such as The Shield, Mad Men, Six Feet Under and so on.

Truth is, they're the same pretentious trash with barely any dept and a different theme. Not to mention don't hold up to The Wire or Sopranos, which is why they're plan B.

Nice argument.

>call everything I don't like pretentious
>wonder why no one takes my """""argument""""" seriously

kys

It was weak, 5b espcially was pretty dumb, but granite state and ozymandias were incredible episodes, some of the best in history

Ironically, Breaking Bad is the most pretentious series out of all of those you mentioned, ESPECIALLY in the later seasons. Every episode stretched on, relying on artificial tension to maintain hype. The Fly? Fucking garbage.

the wire is probably one of the most unpretentious shows i've ever watched.

>outta fucking nowhere

Sure, if you call good ole boy Todd's introduction and worming his way into relevancy "out of nowhere"

5a was laboring, I dunno how you can say the same about 5b when the premiere ended with Hank confronting Walt about his revelation. They could've dragged that out way longer than 1 episode.

Sorry, nothing posted in this thread makes me doubt my original praise of the show and its final season. It was top-tier storytelling and I still love it.

I agree on liking 5 for the most part but the finale felt like a rote ticking of boxes, trying to please the largest number of fans possible while generating zero controversy.

There's almost nothing to talk about when it comes to the finale

>season 4 : intense confrontation between two characters that are extremely well acted and have been developed over multiple seasons
>season 5 : neo-nazis' with shit tier acting and no personality serve as the catalyst for the final few episodes of walt sitting around and jesse crying. remember that ricin that has been around since season 1? used on lydia. why? hella epic .. that's why ..

it wasn't a bad season but easily the worst by far

Justified

Yeah, 5 has good moments, but I can't ever get past the dumb plot contrivances like Todd and his convenient Nazi uncle.

It was rushed more than anything which I found odd. Wasn't the final season all in one but split up as A and B? Should've just laid it out in a 6th season and it would've felt more natural instead of "how do we go out with a bang".

Fuck anyone that thinks The Fly is even close to an 'okay' episode. Don't give me the budget excuse, it's complete horseshit when there is TV that makes better episodes with even less than BB.

Can you please explicitly explain to me exactly how the Sopranos is pretentious? Maybe name a few moments in the show that fit into the actual definition of pretentious? I haven't seen all the shows you named but disregarding something as 'trash', apart from extreme cases were something has no redeemable qualities what so ever, is typical close minded simpleton behavior
You kind of come off like an idiot who doesn't think through and logically break down what you say before you say it
Not even saying your absolutely wrong, just that you could put just a little bit of effort into actually arguing your point

5 has a lot of issues but the biggest BY FAR which is hardly ever brought up is how the show completely shifts gears. The first 4 seasons had a balance of being about both Walt AND Jessie. Jessie is a fully fledged character and partner and even when there are stretches where they hardly interact, like a good portion of season 2, we see all of Jessie's life, troubles, adventures, etc. Even when all Jessie is doing is sitting around, depressed and imploding, we see him doing it. He is a real person.

Season 5 this goes out the window completely. Jessie is barely in the show and is relegated to a plot device, he only shows up when we need some new piece of the plot for Walt to happen. He is no longer a character and something much closer to a maguffin.

guys please google the fucking definition of the word 'pretentious' before using it
I swear it's the most misused word right after 'ironic'

Breaking Bad was a nothing happens all season except in the first and last episodes show. Thats the truth.

>tfw this nigger never saw season 3

>Nice argument.
> hahahaha

The show was forgetable. If it was so great why is BSS such a complete waste of time?

Gilligan was lucky to have such good luck with such a simple idea.

yeah apart from all the stuff that happens in between that
Do you not notice what's happening on screen unless there's a shootout?
>Thats the truth.
Oh really? I didn't realize that, ok fine your right

Like the character arcs that dissapeared for no reason? Hanks ptsd, Maries shoplifting, etc

I don't think AMC wanted a 6th season.

breaking bad is fucking boring.

i prefer six feet under

No, and I think that's partially because 5B doesn't really have a "breathing room" in terms of pacing. Every episode following Hank's realization is another escalation of the conflict, to the point that when we do reach the penultimate episode (Granite State) - there isn't much to do but go through a grocery list of things to follow up on.

I praise Vince for creating such a storyline for the final season but I also partially wonder if his own vision for how BB end suffered because of how AMC wanted the last season to go.

>The show was forgetable
This literally just means 'I didn't like *thing*'
Christ what's the fucking point of your posts? All you've managed to say in all you posts is you don't like it, with no actual arguments what so ever. Do you not realize how discussion works?
'I think breaking bad is shitty/bad/horrible/boring/lame' means nothing what so ever, that belongs in your diary or personal list of things you like/dislike you fucking narcissist

I always thought so. Show peaked at season 4.

Show lost most of its appeal when White stopped being a middle class teacher. It completely lost the plot when he became a full cunt. Until then, it was American Beauty meets Fight Club, after that, it became a run of the mill mafia series with excellent writing and acting and direction, but predictable crap. Finale was too McGyver to be good. The neo-nazis were shit villains. What they did was too far to be believable.

I'll give you meh finale, Ozymandias or Granite State should have been the finale.

Weak final season is false, every episode in that last 8 is God tier besides the finale, and Ozymandias itself is fucking transcendent.

L O S T

What is it exactly you think was to far for a group of Neo-Nazi's to go.

BSS isn't a waste of time, and Gilligan proved himself with The X Files.

Bump

More like a "meth" finale, am I right

I wonder who's behind this post?