BLADE RUNNER SEQUEL

It's Happening!

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/film/video/2015/dec/16/the-guardian-film-show-special-star-wars-the-force-awakens-video-review
youtube.com/watch?v=t9CoMTQQYAc
denofgeek.com/uk/movies/remakes/36637/109-movie-remakes-and-reboots-currently-in-the-works
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Haven't they been shooting it for a while? Did shooting wrap?

>Harrison Ford
No thanks.
I don't want some grumpy old has-been shitting up my sequel.

very skeptical due to scott's more recent work.. i'll have to see a trailer

>You and 14k others

Nice Facebook, normal faggot.

>scott's more recent work
it's not scott's work though

Without your internet autism you'd think his recent movies were all great.

This. The Martian was such a let down but I didn't mind Prometheus.

If BR 2 is more like Prometheus with less of the Martian goofy comedy then it will be fine.

>Dennis Villenevue

No fucking thanks, most overrated director in years.

Scott is and always has been a top-notch director.
But he's only as good as his source material.

Where's Jared Leto?

>I have a facebook account and log into it every day, but here I act like people who have them should be ashamed

Why do people do this?

>From the director of Prisoners
Not at all

The most IMDB sensibility film made so far. Anybody who thinks that Prisoners is above mediocre is juvenile about the medium and entirely emblematic of the video game crossposter fueled downfall of this board.

Villeneuve is one of the biggest trashmasters working today. This is hot pocket the movie. Cheeto dust: the flick.

IMDB "FILM BUFF" pleb fodder. If you like this film then you are an enemy of the medium.

>MUH BASED JAKE
>MUH BASED DEAKINS
>MUH DARK THRILLER
>MUH RELIGIOUS SYMBOLISM

All the memes are there

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPTTTTTPPPRRRRT

Harrison looks like he's had some work done.

>Ford doesn't get top billing

This, he ruins everything he's in now

>an enemy of the medium.

PPRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTBRRRRRRRAPPAPAPAPAAAAAAAP

He's gone full method like he promised and has literally turned into Harrison Ford.

imagine the kind of human being that actually makes a post like this, ironically or otherwise

Well, he only appears in the third act of the film. Gosling is the main character.

>it's a 'Ford shows up for his paycheck' movie
We've had enough of those, don't you think?

I really hope this isn't shit.

Just give it to NWR if they are gonna cast Ryan Gosling. Synth OST from Vangelis and you're GOAT-to-go

A new form of replicants have murdered Deckard decades ago, using his flesh to create a new immortal Replicant now. This explains why Ford is in the sequel considering Scott's cut of Blade Runner had the theory that Deckard had always been a replicant

You heard it on Cred Forums first

it's being directed by Denis Villenueve twits.

he did Prisoners, Sicario, Incendies, and the new alien movie Arrival with Amy Adams.

Riley Scott is fucking washed up. Hasn't made 1 kino flick in 10 years and keeps rehashing his old shit. Go take a nap you've already secured your legacy bro.

>mfw someone like this exists

>Denis Villeneuve is directing
>Ridley Scott is producing
>Roger Deakins is the cinematographer
>Ryan Gosling is the star
>Hampton Fancher, the co-writer of the original, co-wrote the screenplay
There's no way it'll be as good as the original but it has too many talented people involved to be a trainwreck. I really wish that Vangelis was doing the score though.

I have a facebook account to stalk you fucking troglodyte. Not to interact with a bunch of high school dropouts and teen moms sad about their decisions in life.

So its going to be complete and utter trash

It's going to be fuckawful garbage but I'll watch it anyway cause MUFUGIN BLADE RUNNER SON GET HYPE

American Gangster was a solid film. Anyway, Ridley's problem is he can't tell when a screenplay is shit. Prometheus looked incredible and had solid acting but it was brought down by Lindelof's "DUDE MYSTERIES LMAO" bullshit.

>This. The Martian was such a let down but I didn't mind Prometheus

>Cheeto dust: the flick
>enemy of the medium

Why is David Peoples not involved with this?

>Cred Forums hates Harrison Ford now
What happened?

All those sequels will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to reboot.

What the fuck does the text on the lower left say?

nigga we have fucking known about this for a long time you god damn facebook tard

>you are an enemy of the medium
>enemy
subtle/10

No idea. He was hell based in Force Awakens

I thought Harrison Ford hated Blade Runner and Ridley Scott.

What happened?

FUCKIN HYPED

pretty clear he's just been wanting checks for a while

>did rehash of Indy movie
>did rehash of New Hope
>doing rehash of Blade Runner

Prisoners is THE example of inauthentic sensibility cinema. It doesn't get more juvenile "film buff" than this movie. Everything from the casting, to the themes, to the cinematography. It physically pains me to even think about it. Fincher was always the epitome of IMDB to me until this movie, but then Villenvue managed to topple him.

He also hated playing Han Solo.

Is there any role that he actually enjoyed doing?

I'm so tired of his shit.
Every interview he does he's like some grumpy old grandpa who can't wait for his afternoon nap.
Only reason he hauls his ass out of bed in the morning is because he gets 29 million dollars for TFA.

No, we haven't. The title was unknown until now.

Same here. Is Harrison Ford going to bitch about how much he hates the story in this one too?

>2016 was 32 years ago

>Set 30 years after the first movie

>35 years will have passed in the real world

Dropped

No. He doesn't really like acting. He only lives to fly planes and that's an expensive hobby.

I just hope Jared Leto getsa decent screen time.

I have a feeling that they will be basing it off the first Blade Runner

>Jared Leto is the new Roy
>Mackenzie Davis is the new Pris

Mfw it turns into a Harley/Joker thing

he hated the executive producers who wanted to tinker with the film and added the voice over to the theatrical release. otherwise he loved it.

I'm assuming you also think the Godfather is shit because it's highly rated on IMDB, right?

He also hated working with the actress for Rachael because she was a complete amateur

Well I wonder what he thought about Daisy Ridley because she was very amatuerish in TFA. But then the script for her character was a piece of shit so I dont entierely blame her

That's not true at all. He hated everything about Blade Runner but he sandbagged the narration because he at least had more respect for the director that he hated than the studio.

saved

She was a complete nutjob actually. There's stories about her

Why do people hate Leto? I seriously thought his rendition of the Joker was great and unique in a very messed up and deranged way (how the Joker should act in my opinion).

Daisy was fine in TFA. It's Star Wars, they had their pick of essentially any actress in the world for the lead, they didn't pick one that couldn't act.

Sean Young got roles because of her looks and that included Blade Runner and Ford knew it.

>in my opinion
Which doesn't matter or have any cinematic value

>goose
confirmed кинo

Why
Fucking why

My mother? Let me tell you about my mother...
She fucked my brother

kek I dont recognize that line

You mean he only lives to crash planes.

he doesnt say that tho

I hope they utilize her talents well

Jesus man, It's just a mix up of two movies.

Ryan Gosling is in both The new blade runner, and only god forgives. In blade runner "my mother, let me tell you about my mother" is a line, and in the other movie, his brother likely fucked his mom, and he may have wanted to too.

It really pisses me off I had to explain this.
fuck you, my dude. just FUCK YOU

>Daisy was fine in TFA

Does anyone actually believe this? IIRC even JJ said she was wooden

>If you like this film then you are an enemy of the medium.

pretty pretty good

prometheus was mediocre at best, i don't know why people defend that shit to the death

didn't see the martian

Oh just fuck off. JJ said she was wooden on her first day on set because she was nervous.

It's Star Wars you fucking idiot. If he actually thought she wasn't right he would have replaced her. Not rested a multibillion dollar franchise on her shoulders.

Daisy still wasnt that good

>Does anyone actually believe this?

Find me non-Cred Forums, non-social media sources of people criticizing her performance.

WHY WHY WHY WHY

WHY DID THEY HAVE TO PULL IN FORD'S CORPSE FOR THIS SHIT

FUCK

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

>It's Star Wars
Exactly.

cyberpunk 2049

jared Leto is easily the worst thing about this. He's a talentless fuck.

This is a relief because instead of waiting and hoping this movie is good I can just write it off completely now.

I'll say this for JJ, he actually stood up to Harrison Ford and said, "No. That take wasn't good enough. We're doing it until you give a shit and get it right." TFA was Ford's best performance in decades.

Will Denis do the same or will he be so in awe from directing one of his idols that he'll be too nervous to make him put in effort?

>"Wow you're a Blade Runner!"
>"Part time."
>AND CUT! Great work Harrison, you're legend! You haven't aged a day! You're magic! Next scene!

That sounds like the dumbest fucking thing. Remake it and make it more like the book, sure, but a sequel? Old fucking people doing a poorly written sequel of a sci-fi classic?

>Harrison Ford is in

Why isn't based Leto in the picture?

Why does Ryan seem silent in that pic?

Too bad he didnt do the same with Daosy like the scene when she first meets Finn and is smiling, like she is almost gonna laugh.

What a bad performance for that scene

The Martian sucks bro

This. How do people defend it?

>old Harrison Ford is in it

Well I guess Deckard wasn't a replicant after all.

>implying he wasn't great in TFA
Honestly, of all the bad things you can say about that movie there's no way he could be one.

He's the most dedicated actor. Show some respect

I'm only seeing it for Batista.

theguardian.com/film/video/2015/dec/16/the-guardian-film-show-special-star-wars-the-force-awakens-video-review

Wait for Indy 5

-What do you do?

-I Blade Runner.

SERIOUSLY SCOTT?

>2049 is just one year away
>tfw 2017 was 32 years ago

Nope it'll be GOAT like all his other work

10/10 laugh but I liked when he broke the toy on Fallon better because it wasn't staged.

>Being this stupid

dedicated /= good

The poor man's:

youtube.com/watch?v=t9CoMTQQYAc

GOD DAMMIT

The V.O. totally fits the noir inspired lighting. How can people watch this movie without it?

>look up sean young
>see armpit hair pics

my dick

Or they took the shitty ending of the theatrical version.

This.

Villeneuve is a miserable hack whose movies are propped up entirely by Deakins meme cinematography which gets the r/movies and IMDB pleb crowd all hot and bothered. It is the death knell of Cinema.

His flicks are a bad joke; an insult to the filmic medium; a gob of spit aimed at all that is good and great about filmmaking.

I can't wait desu familia.

>he's upset that a comedy movie had jokes

>judging contemporary film by it's trailer

Some of the best movies out in the past decade had the worst trailers

>meme cinematography

what does this mean

(You)

based good gonna save kinos

Not really. Because everyone knows the actor that they're interviewing. Not only that but the Lego Millenium Falcon take way more time to build.

>It's Happening!

wow a sequel of a fucking overrated movie yeeeeeee!

your life must be shit, kill yourself

I'd say the empty void of silence left without the VO adds to the noir aesthetic even more

Nice trip tho

WHY CANT THEY JUST LEAVE THINGS ALONE?

>In blade runner "my mother, let me tell you about my mother" is a line
okay nigga I watched this shit years ago, you cant expect me to remember every single line, it was a clever joke tho congrats on that.
dont be mean pls

He's actually playing the painting in this one and he's gone full method. He's THAT good.

I'm mostly worried about the music. You need that sweet Vangelis sound and feels and nothing from Villeneuve's recent movies has come close.

at least it's beautiful
a nice picture really matters in visual arts

>He's actually playing the painting in this one and he's gone full method. He's THAT good.

It would be awesome if they pulled a Girl Ghostbusters on Blade Runner and remade it with an predominantly female cast and the only males were the villains.

Haha, you got me, friend! ;-)

Be still my dog of war, I understand your pain.

Look at this try-hards.

Look at them and laugh.

nice bait

>hack, senile person, waiting for a paycheck, autist

>number of people happy to be there: 0

>Look at this try-hards.
Typical pajeet plebeians

>Everyone seems to disagree with my opinion
There's a message there.

Alien Covenant in August
Blade Runner 2049 in October
Star Wars Ep VIII in December

2017 is gonna be the time to be alive.

I'm more exited for this years movies.

Passengers
Arrival

Next time try using actual arguments, not recent buzzwords which have no meaning besides "it's so bad omg"

This will be just as terrible as Jurrasic World, the new V tv series, Terminator Genisys, Total Recall remake, Prometheus, Independence Day 2 and so on.

We now live in the age of shitty, insultingly dumb remakes.

denofgeek.com/uk/movies/remakes/36637/109-movie-remakes-and-reboots-currently-in-the-works

Even if it sucks, at least it should look pretty.

Sequels sequels sequels.

zzzzzzzzzz

based korinefag

Yeah, can't wait for the cgi cityscapes!
CGI RULEZ XD

Nope, it will be more like Fury Road.

A great original standalone movie where the only corellation the original is the world of the original Blade Runner.
Deakins and Villeneuve have said multiple times that they are not trying to "recreate" the original and do one big fan service because they wouldn't accept the project if it was that way.

And they are fully aware that the fans will enter the theater "with baseball bats" like Villeneuve said.

There is almost zero chance of it being a complete trainwreck with the people included in the making.

How would Deckard still be alive if he was a replicant? Don't they have short life spans?

This wasn't cgi pleb

I'm glad that it's happening and that it has Villeneuve, Scott and Gooseling. But i don't see Roon Roon, i'm worried.

>Passengers

I literally can't find one redeeming thing.

I promised myself I would look past the King and Queen of Meme and give the teaser a shot and even outside of them it looked awful. Mediocre sci-fi script that's been floating around Hollywood forever until they convinced to of the hottest stars to sign on so people would see it regardless of quality.

I'm just in the mood for some more space movies (preferably ones without a boogeyman alien in them)

this
>Star Wars Episode VIII: The Kino Strikes Back
>The return of cyberpunk aka Blade Runner 2049
>Ghost in the Shell with ScarJo
>New Kingsman
>new Alien
>capekino such as Spider Man Homecoming or Justice League
get comfy lads, kino for everyone

>"don't go to inappropriate subreddits"
>next point is to be at times inappropriate

wut

>Alien Covenant in August
>Blade Runner 2049 in October
>Star Wars Ep VIII in December
>Justice League November

This seems too good to be true.

>that has already influenced and became
>an average persons life

American """""education""""".

I retire.

The Martian was a shit movie. Utterly generic.

idk senpai he gave his best performance in some shity Blake Lively movie. Ford's still got the goods.

Wasn't this a PTA pasta?

>tfw you will never talk about the badass movie you're making with your superstar friends

>ywn be as handsome as Ryan Gosling

Explain why his movies are bad without insulting his viewers and saying muh

chuckld

>Anybody who thinks that Prisoners is above mediocre is juvenile

It's true. And yes all signs point to Blade Runner 202134 sucking

>Composer: Johann Johannsson

I'm not familiar with him but he's got big shoes to fill.

Harrison Ford will die before this is released.

god that movie was banal

age of adeline if anyone was wondering

I'm just glad it's a sequel and not a remake. I was seriously pissed when this was announced because I thought they were doing a remake.

Hell that was better than an any ylyl thread on /wsg/.

>incendies
>sicario

i know what you posted is bait but on those two alone he's an above-average director

can you imagine samefagging this hard just for those precious (you)'s? whatever, have one more

Nah it was pretty good. Far from his best, but more than serviceable

>He ruined TFA

You're so cute.

He's getting into character by having his organs replaced with synthetic transplants and living as an undocumented fugitive in a foreign country. After he completes those he plans to travel the solar system to gather material for his death monologue so he can upstage Rutger hauer.

He enjoys carpentry as well, that's how he met George Lucas. He had failed as an actor earlier in his career until Georgie hired him to build some cabinets. The rest is history.

Yeah but will he have seen things you people wouldn't believe?

They'd just CGI him into the film. Hollywood doesn't give a fuck.

>sequel

Let's be real

Real talk you guys are major dumbasses

t. triggered villeneuve pleb

This fucken copy pasta. Many words, nothing of value said.

>he thinks covenant is coming next year

>Not liking vileneuve greatness
into the trash you go

How many more of his old movies has Ridley Scott left to destroy?

This is just another step towards someone making a sequel symphony to Ode an die Freude and when that happens either I or everybody else will burn.

t. imdb pleb

>vileneuve
>quote unquote "greatness"
Jesus fucking christ, Cred Forums