Is HBO God?

>that production value
>that script
>that cast
>that acting class
>that cinematography
>that slickness
>that 2016 feel

I mean, shit. Movies are fucking irrelevant now and Hollywood has gone to complete shit. Most TV shows are cheap weekly cliffhanger setups that can't stand on their stories without this gimmick. Then there's fucking HBO making everything else utterly irrelevant. Movies are fucking dead now m8s, even the actors know it. I mean holy fucking shit they got Ed Harris and motherfucking Anthony Hopkins on this bitch now.

Shit son. They killed it a few months ago with The Night Of and now they're killing it again with Westworld, which they're adding to their belt inclusive of the single greatest television medium ever created (it goes without saying that this is The Sopranos), The Wire and Game of Thrones. I can't even fucking watch modern movies anymore they're so bad. I'll watch some shite like The Walking Dead just because it's 'watchable' but for the most part it's just an annoying dumbass show that I put up with 'cause there's nothing else. I feel the same about Mr. Robot but I might drop it soon 'cause it's poopoo. Then today I see the pilot of Westworld and holy fucking shit my mind is BLOWN.

HBO's not flawless though. The nudity gimmick is kinda lame and unnecessary but I'm still not really complaining because I fucking like beautiful naked women so there's nothing wrong with that. Wish there were less cocks though lmao.

So we can confirm that HBO is literally the only production company that matters anymore right Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zy6ppN2JDr8
ew.com/article/2016/09/08/westworld-plan
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mfw it could have been MedievalWorld

it's been ONE episode dude. most shows have strong pilots because that's how they're picked up.

Westworld ep 1 was especially great, but let's hold off calling HBO god at least until the end of season one.

>The Night Of
>great

when will this meme end? just your run-of-the-mill procedural drama with """gritty""" cinematography

>swords that bounce off the guests

That'd look pretty dumb fampai.

The hosts' acting was pretty great

I bet you rather have Roman World, fagget.

The guy that played her father deserved a fucking Oscar for his ending scene 2bh. Maybe one day Emmy's will mater.

>Being this much of a shill

lol is it possible to like anything and be enthusiastic about it on Cred Forums without being called a shill? jesus m8

Probably didn't want to get compared to GoT. Literally anything with swords these days gets compared to GoT

Whoah there Haas.
Give it time and lets see first.

desu that would make up for Rome being canceled

i haven't seen it yet but you sound like a huge fag

just wanted to let you know

marathoned half of the episode, kind of dull so far

>marathoned half of the episode

Louis herthum, LONG MAY HE REIGN AS AN UNDERRATED ACTOR, most idiots didnt know his dialogue in the end with hopkins was shakespeare even after they mention it in the same damn scene.

Played mundas in the dmc reboot, pic related, stole every scene and that was just a videogame, man is talented.

>this is mundus

Typo my mistake

>he played the dmc reboot

you disgust me, probably bought a Cred Forums pass too

nah i just hate the reboot

i hope the rumors about dmc5 are true

Great shilling, but HBO is a shell of its former self and Westworld is doing nothing to rectify that. Another in a long line of mediocre shows that rely on people's desire to sound smart by dissecting things to death and presenting their theories instead of quality storytelling.

While that is true, i only did after find out Louis Herthum played the villian, there i said it, fight me faggots.

t.AMC executive

youtube.com/watch?v=Zy6ppN2JDr8

It's hard to disagree with you. It really does seem like they are in a different league.

Comapre the cinematography of Luke cage to westoworld...

HBO makes 14 hour long movies, most everyone else makes TV shows.

Writing and script can vary but HBO seems to have a higher acting standard than everyone else.

I was kidna pissed because for a few weeks nothing good was on, and luek cage sucked and HBO saved the day again.

Long live the king

Welcome newfriend. Enjoy your stay.

if HBO was a fighter pitted against AMC and FX an netflix,hulu,amazon etc HBO would one punch ko all opponents with ease.

Luke Cage has some great cinematography in much of it.

It's just that they hired hacks to direct some of the episodes instead of having the main guy direct all of them.

>average game of thrones fan

sad

every time i see op pic i think its for Prometheus 2 involving weyland

this literally who nobody ass nigga sitting with anthony hopkins and outshining him

how often do you see that eh?

Why did he rape the same woman for 30 years?

Vice Principals is better than The Night Of. In any case, I hope HBO gets back to its roots and puts out more of this actual good programming once GotT is flushed down the toilet

little dick.

Game of Thrones was the best show on TV

What do you watch you faggot. Probably gotham or WD, stfu and leave the talk to the adults

WHEN WE ARE BORN, WE CRY THAT WE ARE COME TO THIS GREAT STAGE OF FOOLS

whatever the reason the difference is utterly obvious.

HBO doesn't make the mistakes that others do(or don't make them as often/egregiously)

That's why I'm saying it's hard to argue against OP, because even though gems do pop up every now and then and HBO is perfectly capable of putting out utter garbage...

They seem to be the only ones who consistently bring the entire package.

They're like the patriots of the industry, every year they do very well and have won alot of rings.
They still get their ass beat and other teams also have their moments but can't match the longevity of the Pats.

I fucking hate the pats and tom bradys faggot ass by the way

>18-1

Don't do that, you don't compare comedies and dramas.
Humor is way too subjective in the first place and secondly Danny Mcbride has a lifetime of experience perfecting the role and type of humor in that show.

The night of had it's shortcomings but was relatively innovative and held your attention throughout

dropped both of those shows in season 2

kill yourself you literal 12 year old

HBO hasn't had a drama that even approaches their average quality for the 2000s. Night Of is their first show that hasn't completely shat the bed in a while. Westworld seems like it's heading back to the dumpster fire.

>people thought westworld would be the next game of thrones
>people thought westworld would be the next lost
It's gonna be the next TWD and the enormous quality drop between episodes 1 and 2 will prove it.

>let's make up a character called arnold since we forgot to give the pilot a plot

He payed a lot of money for it.

>The nudity gimmick is kinda lame and unnecessary

lol americans think this is edgy

>more medieval shit
why do you fags have such a raging boner for this nerd shit

FUCK i hate it

so glad its western themed

Nah, its obviously just a cheap fanservice, nothing necessary for the plot.
Nudity works well in the Westworld but there it has a point, its dehumanised nudity also it gives associations with death camps and stuff

please be irony otherwise kill yourself. go watch sopranos you fucking swine.

game of thrones was good for like 3 and half seasons. it's basically dead now.

>hasn't seen the original movie

what did HBO mean by this?

>shilling for enthuthiasm

We're onto you shill.

>little dick.

sup tumblr.

:(

wouldn't you ?

Dolores is the hottest bot we have seen so far
and she is paraded in the center of the town every day

sure but relative to everyone else their product is at least still on par.

There will always be ups and downs and a huge part of this argument is subjective but you jsut can't make an argument for anyone besides HBO to be the definitive King.

Hopefully their quality does pick up, for better or worse though HBO is the best we have right now

first time ive seen it i thought its volkswagen ad

>hottest bot
No

her fucking head looks like it was put in a vice and squished together

The Hosts could be programmed to always lose fights rather than have their swords bounce off. Just as bad looking as always missing/bullets exploding

both wrong

Sorry mate but HBO peaked at Band of Brothers

He didn't rape her, he scalped her. Not everything is rape, user. If a guy says hi to you on the street or scalps you it isn't rape.

All time sure HBO is pretty untouchable. Currently it's average, and by average I mean just as terrible as the rest of this cultural wasteland we find ourselves in. HBO is trading on their former glory, and the rubes still seem to fall for it.

>movies are irrelevant now
t. no kargagarga.in account

What's hot about this is the human lady just takes her like a plaything.

>tfw more scenes where she's this serial lesbian bot molester that takes full on pervert advantage of the bots when no one is looking

>it wasn't rape
Can this meme end?

HBO is shit, and plebs like you should be fucking gassed.

Fucking faggot.

God damn, where do you live I want to come beat you to death.

That's how it was in the original movie.
There the swords were real, but even fat old men could be leading knights.

Hot but looks too much like an ayy lmao

>was the closest thing to onscreen "rape" in the whole episode

>SJWs dwell on Ed Harris scene with ambiguous context

wew lad

GoT is a joke. It''s way worse than TWD now. Full of shitty tropes and cliches, dull lazy writing, one-dimensional heroes and villains, and ridiculous fan service and feminist pandering. Idiots are fooled by its production values and "epic music" into thinking its quality TV.

>b-but it wins Emmys!
The Emmys gave them a Best Writing award for Battle of the Bastards. Just think about that for a moment.

>you will never see this scene for the first time ever again

It wasn't. It doesn't fit the context for his actions for the rest of the episode. Stop looking for things to gash-bleed over

>its a /got/ poster feels threatened and yells at superior generals post

wrong, he's missing a certain charme of danger

Hector is best malebot

I wasn't that impressed with the guy in True Blood, but he's fucking GOAT. I hope he comes back and becomes a main antagonist. He has to come back so we can know what Dr. Narcisse whispered to him

>it wasn't
WERE YOU THERE

He's actually kinda...meh so far. The dashing bearded rogue thing just makes me groan these days.

You don't honestly believe that, I get what you are trying to say and GOT has sullied HBO and likely made them complacent but to lump them in with everyone else is too much imo.

They have to be seeing that GOT frenzy is wearing off, so maybe Westworld is there next big push.
Looks really good.

>tons of money for everything but an original sci-fi story

>tfw my name is hector ^=^
Trips confirm

Were you?

>classic all cap sperg out

hi plebbit

if they can do a sex scene like in the wire where those two black women got it on I'll be fine

It was rape dude

HBO is a fuckin joke now, it's pretty sad. Actually, HBO has always been a joke, but thanks to prestige dramas like Sopranos, Wire, Rome, Deadwood, people were wiling to overlook all the shit shows constantly getting cancelled. Like John from Cincinatti.

They just happened to strike gold a few times and everyone gives them a pass. Seriously, go look at all their cancelled shows. Most are complete ass and didn't even make it through the first season. They get a pass on so much garbage its hilarious.

Westworld is just more of the same dog crap they've been pushing out for their entire existence. Mediocre shit that panders to pseudointellectual redditors like the faggots who enjoy shitposting on Cred Forums

the beer is a metaphor for an erect dick
think about it

ITS ALL WE HAVE

I liked what i've seen about the show but i think at least 4 episodes are needed to actually form an informed opinion.

It is true that these days movies are more interested on effects than on plot and acting but that's just a phase.
It will pass and at some point plot and interesting characters will return to movies.

Of course it is shitty now, they were going off the books before and had to freelance and water down tremendously to give GRRM time to maybe finish the book.

The best way to do that and keep viewership is dumb fan service and pandering and cliches/tropes masked by high production values and grand displays.

GOT was only ever good because they had an amazing template.

all that said, please don't say shit like GOT is worse than the TWD, it really undermines anything you say after that.

TWD is the worst, way worse than GOT by far.

>Movies are irrelevant

jesus christ this board is so full of clueless plebs

this is going to be one of the best years for film in a while

IMDB says he is in 6 episodes so he will most likely disappear for a while but comes back later to let us know of the terrors he would bring

the ohhh sooo subtle foreshadowing of keeping an army of synthetics in the basement didn't tip you off?

Of course he is coming back

>Movies are fucking irrelevant

but this show is literally built upon a classic 70's sci-fi kino

Oh hey its the condescending asshole in the thread, how ya been?

I think they can be objectively compared, because the strength of each was in its actors. The acting in TNO was great, but there was nothing approaching the dynamic between Danny McBride, Walton Goggins and Kimberly Hebert Gregory in VPs. It ranged from vaudevillian absurdity to realism without missing a beat, and always held my attention.

>'70s
Yeah. Movies used to be good but now they're irrelevant for the most part.

The Leftovers is one of the better recent TV dramas too. It's like Lost done right

>it's like Lost

Lindelof is a fucking hack, Leftovers is shit just like LOST

pleb

Pleb detected

The Sopranos is one of the most overrated shows ever.

The Wire is the only great show that you listed. The other is Six Feet Under.

The irony in your post is pretty humorous too.

>unironically watching the shows of a sellout who shills for TWD on Talking Dead

kill yourself friend

are you a literal retard

how can plebs actually believe this

What are the scalps for?

>Six Feet Under is a great show
>Sopranos isnt
>Deadwood isnt
>Rome isnt

faggot or woman detected, because only faggots and women enjoyed SFU and thought it was great

>The Sopranos is overrated
>SFU is great
>Westworld is great

wew lad, nice bait there mate

Nobody knows for sure and anybody who says they do is a lying faggot

>The Sopranos is one of the most overrated shows ever.

A lot of people are going to call this bait and resent this, but it's actually true.

go back to your containment thread

That power stance looks familiar

This

Sopranos is overrated trash. Rome was mediocre.
Deadwood sucked.

I forgot about Oz too. That was good.

Where do you think you are?
Cred Forums is where joy goes to die

Worse than TWD? Clean out your vagina you tasteless whore

It is. The Sopranos is one of the most boring shows ive ever watched. One or two good episodes in a season doesnt make it good.

A TRUE ROMAN WORLD
FOR A TRUE ROMAN CITIZEN

>all those awful opinions concentrated in one post
Maybe if you repeat that enough it will all come true, ya stupid faggot

sure, after you go back to yours

TWD is better now, easily. GoT has just gotten worse and worse with each season, while TWD keeps getting better and more intense. Now with Negan in it, the whole dynamic of the show will change. It's refreshing and interesting. GoT is dull, past its prime, and just getting towards its predictable endgame now.

>its a cross general poothrowing episode

>Sopranos
>boring

full blown plebeian detected

>faggot or woman detected
>You dislike what I like; faggot or woman
>you like what I dislike; shill

t. Cred Forums pleb personified

I think that's the point. The main writer guy isn't good at actually writing dialogue. The stuff between Teddy and Dolores was kinda cringe-y, too.

The hosts, when interacting with each other, are trope-tastic. That's what the guests want, after all.

Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are the same tier of quality, the only thing that differs between them is production value.

As well as who women come to spout bullshit opinions about tv and film which They KNOW FUCKALL ABOUT.

TWD is the lamest fucking thing next FWChicos

>The Sopranos is one of the most boring shows ive ever watched.
literal literal plebeian. there's no saving you buddy.

pls be bait

>waaaaa the sopranos is good waaaaaaa

Sorry m8 your opinion is trash. The Sopranos just isnt very good

I wasn't saying that in a positive way.

Did you not get he was a robot made for the tourists?

You goddamn autists need to go back to your own generals

>th-th-th-there might be a woman posting on my anime website im scared guys

Its supposed to be cringeworthy you moron. They're programmed to act out a stereotypical western trope. Its supposed to be cheesy.

>Medieval World
>Taller people are 1,60m
>Everyone smell like shit and piss
>Fucking Church saying you cant be a degenerate
>No niggers ( this part is good)

Every single episode is Tony complaing about how Italians are opressed or yelling about something.

Wow thats so entertaining

>there are people ITT RIGHT NOW that acutally think OP got paid by fucking HBO to promote it on this god-forsaken site

>it's not all pewpew killkill like my vidya so it's bad

>he did it for free
Even less likely

>people don't want this show to be cancelled, like Roma or Deadwood

surprise

>people shitposting in here for free is somehow unlikely

It's like thinking that a person that went to a park for a walk got paid to do that

Are you seriously that fooled by high production value and "HBO cred" that you can't see how shit GoT is? TWD and GoT are absolutely equal in the quality of their writing, storytelling, and acting. Actually, TWD might even have better acting, there's certainly no one on there as bad as Dany.

GoT is based on a trashy low-tier pulp fantasy books. TWD is based on trashy low-tier comics. They both have the same retarded fanbase. They are both on the same tier of shit.

Lol Ok kid. Your precious show is trash bud. Move on and start watching some good shows.

>TWD has one location

there, you lost.

>What I'm hoping for
Androids going nuts and eating guests like the cannibal line foreshadowed

>What I'm expecting
More stilted dialogue and comically evil humans

>More stilted dialogue and comically evil humans

Next ep we have guests pov, and they don't seem like assholes.

>fooled by high production value

Not anymore

>alexandria, hilltop, the kingdom, the sanctuary

HBO's mentality is that of a teenager who watches a movie and decides there's not enough gore and shagging in it, so they make their own extended version of it to fix the issue.

t. american

I just cringed at the ones in the first episode with the fat guy and his wife. Same with the family that interrupted Dolores painting, it just felt amateurish. That flat, stilted dialogue carries over to the tech guys, because all of them are weak so far.

I'm not really interested in anyone beyond a few of the hosts so far, all the humans seem dull, shallow or obvious.

t. triggered obese american woman

the sept sequence in the beginning of S06 finale along with that moment Jon raises his sword in the BOTB forever redeemed the show for all its past and future failings

>Americans
>ever using the word "shagging"

Thick cunts.

...that's what I said. You're just repeating what I said.

>implying production value and cinematography mean nothing

The sheer quality of GOT makes it a better show than TWD, which has had its budget cut into oblivion cuz greedy execs wanna milk money out of it.

As for the writing and acting, GOT has moments when it stoops to TWD level sure, but it never goes full retard and still shines at times.

>horror-comics
>same tier as fantasy

You haven't read a serious fantasy book in your life have you?

There is no gimmicks in GRRM books, no stupid love story to get preteen girls to buy it, no overt magic to get young boys to buy it, and there was no massive media campaign to advertise for the book.

The series blew up on adults reading and getting absorbed in the world and characters within and the very well done story/plot.

Maybe the fanbase is retarded now because of the show but GOT was established of top tier long before that.

The notion that is it in the same tier as a comic is amazingly laughable.

Pretty sure you are bating me if so well done.

They're sort of right though, HBO isn't as bad at it as Showtime but they both suffer from the fact that they use sex and blood as a crutch for shitty writing and to pad time all too often.

t. american that loves bbc

>serial lesbian bot molester

Go take a shower, i can smell your stinky pussy from my computer

The average HBO fans. Great fucking counter-arguments, niggas.

Your argument is that violence and sexuality is a crutch, if that was the best way to make profit out of shit series all the networks would do it.

Yet they don't, because it doesn't work. We don't even need to make a argument because you failed to prove that you retarded monkey.

>but it never goes full retard
Dorne was full retard

As good as yours

>The series blew up on adults reading
>adults

there's a good reason the term "manchild" exists at all

you post was so fucking cringey i still kinda think it's bait

the fact that you retort on the topic of "serious fantasy" with fucking GRRM books is just priceless

i can see your cargo shorts and NB combo from here

It was really fucking good actually.

Bale?

It may have been a procedural but it was way in excess of being 'run of the mill'

Dressed like a sexy beast, but he's too scrawny to be a hunky beefcake.

how many episodes before Cred Forums turns on westworld?

>all the networks would do it
The FCC would like to have a word with you, retard. Other networks do as much as they can get away with.

>dat 35mm

t. ameritard

All networks are American, right? fuck off.

When we're talking about shows from American production companies that are shown in America first because it's the primary audience they're aiming for, yes. So fuck off back to your irrelevant third world country while we talk about factors that actually matter for television production.

the British actor and the woman he talks to that's smoking outside are both awful

Weren't you a britbong? Why can't you remain consistent in you own fucking argument? Oh yeah, because you were lying. Go watch more fucking drug ads you turd lard.

Watch them kill it after 2 seasons to make way for another Lena Dunham vehicle.

>implying that's not D&D's endgame
>implying Westeros is real

No, you mongoloid, you're arguing with two different people. Commit sudoku.

>the pilot of a network's flagship series has high-production value

The pilot is almost always slick

>has never read a book in his life

Continue watching movies it's alot less involved I get it

>They killed it a few months ago with The Night Of
Is this show actually any good? I thought it was a meme show.

You really don't get to be on a high horse about reading if what you're bragging about is best seller fantasy novels.

ugh game of thrones is so visually bland, that theon shot is the best shot of the entire series though.

>GRRM
>book

you're taking me places, man

>The nudity gimmick is kinda lame and unnecessary
No such thing.

Calm door brah, it's literally edge of tomorrow with dolls

Nice meeting ya, your FCC argument is wrong btw. ad money speaks louder than your regulatory nanny.

That's not how things work. Shit can get banned from airing for violating FCC protocols, that's why non-premium cable networks always toe the line. Why do you think biker's asses was the most you got to see in sex scenes on Sons of Anarchy? You really don't know what you're talking about.

>That's not how things work
Actually it kind of is. The FCC only has the power to fine a network, they can't actually ban anything. It comes down to whether or not the network thinks the fine will outweigh the profit. They can technically air whatever the fuck they want.

meant for

So I watched this show with a friend and he didn't like the pilot cause there were too many unanswered questions, and that the show could be either really good or really bad. Do people really think like this? Is it possible to have too many plot threads?

The quality was good, but it's not going to be talked about in the years to come. You aren't missing much.

Westworld's cinematography wasn't that great. It looked like it could have been any tv show other than when they did the landscape shots. There were also some really shitty looking green screen parts (when english and not-dutch lady are talking). I also thought both of them were pretty sub par at acting.

First episode is crap by HBO standards, we didn't really get anything much out of the characters and it felt like they are trying to make it like Game of Thrones with the over the top violence and action for the sake of it.

HBO was god during Deadwood/Six Feet Under/The Wire days, it feels like they have lost their touch.

>didn't like it because everything wasn't wrapped up in the first episode

Your friend should stick to capeshit

>implying best seller is a bad thing

You're probably right, the best books are never succesful or popular, you only read the best books if you happen to come upon a copy in a dusty old bookstore and it just calls out to you.

Have fun not liking things that a bunch of other people like because you are so special and different that your taste cannot be associated with the plebeian masses.

>There were also some really shitty looking green screen parts (when english and not-dutch lady are talking).
Yeah, I'm hoping that was just because it was the pilot and they clean it up for the rest of the season.

>pilot
>too many unanswered questions
you should tell your friend to jump off a bridge

Removing the financial incentive for it so no networks will want to air it has the same effect as a ban in the end. Non-advertisement driven channels have no obstacles when it comes to airing violence and nudity, which is why they're able to get away with using it for filler instead of having to write decent scenes.

Someone should go through every Showtime original series and count every instance where a guitar lick plays and a main character fucks someone and shows tits.

What if I shot someone and it ended up being another guest? There's no way to differentiate between guests and hosts.

The emphasis was on the fact that they're fantasy novels, user. Pop fantasy and sci-fi is the comic book of literature.

Yeah, he was fantastic, hopefully he comes back for more episodes.

People are literally this retarded. The only thing GOT is guilty of is switching from political to more fantasy and that kinda needed to happen for end game. Walking dead is episode after episode of the gang making shitty decisions and getting into trouble. A new bad guy wont feel fresh long when it takes 2 years for anything to happen.

When episode 2 finishes & there still hasn't been a BLACKED hooker bot

Full discord will begin when it wins awards & gets renewed

GoT isn't unbelievable or anything but it's hardly a bad show.

TWD is fucking terrible.

I should, he's one of those people that buys criterion movies and thinks he has sophisticated taste cause he buys them

That part where the programmer girl kissed the hooker-bot out of what looked like passion got me rock hard

that was the hottest thing I've seen on TV in a long time

what's so good about 35mm? sorry m8 I know nothing of cameras. is this some meme?

Guns only shoot paintball like projectiles that produce a puff of smoke when they hit a human.

Robots have some sort of bodywide squibs that react to the shots and a lot of scenery are set up to react like a gunshot.

You are fucking idiot and a shill. Films will always be superior to television.

Best show of the year so far. We'll see if West World is better but right now it's its only competition.

talking like a nigga doesnt make your fanboyism sound more authentic.

yeah. in the movie there was medieval world and roman world. it was cool in the climax seeing the chaos spill from one world into another. no way they could justify gigantic and expensive sets to HBO though when 95% of the action would be set in westworld.

kek

WWIIworld
Zombieworld

I'd play those.

>DABIIIIIID! DABID!
>What's wrong? Do you need your sippy cup refilled or-
>NOOOO DABIIIID, I HAVE GREAT IDEEEEEA!
>*quietly whispers* DRAGONWORLD ISN'T REAL, DABID...
>Wait what? You mean Westeros? I don't think the audience will b-
>DABID. DRAGON PEOPLE ARE ALL TERMINATORS ACTING IN A PLAY.
>I mean, I know Kit & Emilia are robotic, but that's not very nice to say...
>NOOOO DABIIIIID, DRAGONWORLD IS FAKE TERMINATOR JURASSIC PARK FOR RICH PEOPLE!
>You mean, like, that show Westworld? I don't know if GRRM or HBO would be happy with-
>DABID. ROBO TERMINATOR DRAGON PARK STARTS KILLING REAL PEOPLE...
>Perfect!

Next year has the BBC doing a TV series of His Dark Materials.

It's going to be unusually long running for a bbc series 8 episodes. Hoping it's as good as Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell and better than the shitfest of a movie.

A purely ignorant opinion influenced by societal shaming of "geeky nerd culture" and caricatures of magic and mythical creatures.

Either you haven't read any quality fantasy or sci-fi or you havent read any comics.

You probably don't read at all actually, yet you think everything hemingway wrote is inherently "better" than anything any fantasy author ever wrote.

Each genre has it's stupid shit material, the top tier of fantasy and sci-fi can hang with the top tier of any other genre

So how would West World deal with the fact that 1 guest could completely ruin the experience for everyone given they allow you to go 'full evil'?

Maybe have invincible martials who ride in if there's too much killing, 'jail' the offender who gets a prison break storyline so things don't completely suck for them.

Nigger you're reading pop fiction and trying to pass it off as high art, just stop posting. It could also be argued that you're doing the same thing with comics that you think I'm doing to you about your leather bound dragon toilet paper. ;^)

>he thinks women post on Cred Forums

Yeah I was wondering what happens if some dude just goes around killing all the hosts.

Because they paid a million dollars and would get sent home.

you´re just not seeing the big picture. it´s like a diverse city section with all variables getting together to exchange intel. blacks&asians&whites, men and women, latinos and so on.
Just because you´re expecting to be talking to your mirror image thats not reality

I do

1 million seems really not worth it. I went to a western reenactment park thing once and it only cost me $10. Couldn't fuck anyone though.

>we will likely never have a solid adaptation of The Subtle Knife
Life is pain m8

True Blood sucked.

HBO can mess up sometimes too

the show got 200% more hot for me at the thought of someone having to clean the cum out of the hookers every night

>>DABIIIIIID! DABID!
>>What's wrong? Do you need your sippy cup refilled or-
I'll admit this made me laugh more than it probably should have

Comics are not books you fucking idiot. It's illustrated.

and again you display a pure refusal to consider fantasy or sci-fi as high art for no reason.

Seeing as you haven't read any fantasy and likely havent read at all you are basing your opinion solely off of what you heard you 10th grade english teacher say about books or maybe a quick google of the "best writers"

Disregarding the subjective nature of deciding what is high art or not you seem incapable of realizing that you are regurgitating old, boring established opinions and hold an inherit bias for fantasy because of the way nerds who read those books were treated in movies you watched growing up and other silly ways the media portrayed fantasy/sci-fi.

You're a fucking sheep.

>the entire second half of Dexter
And then some bro

what the fuck was the deal with the woman in the beginning making out with the robot prostitute when she was in for maintenance? there was literally another dude like 10 feet away and there are supposedly cameras everywhere.

reminded me of the necrophilia scene in neon demon.

DUDE
SEX
LMAO

dexter was on showtime.

HBO has had plenty of misses for dramas the past 5-10 years though. john from cincinnati, tell me you love me, the newsroom, vinyl, true detective season 2, luck. also shows like treme and the leftovers did well critically but never found an audience.

Cam we talk about how cringe the tech lady and one tech writer dude's dialogues where? Don't get me wrong I cuss up a sandstorm, but the way they put the "fuck"s in seemed like they where forced there by an edgy 16 year old.

yeah that seemed out of place to me too

also that fucking Shakespeare scene though holy fuck

H a r d d i c k

it's fucking JJ "cuckold" abrahms at it again

It doesn't matter that they aren't books, user, you're looking down on them the same way I'm apparently looking down on sci-fi and fantasy that's got your Lord of the Rings panties in a bunch. The issue isn't that the prose can't be good, it's just that taken as a whole the genre is mainly just escapist fiction that doesn't have anything to say (well written speculative science fiction is less guilty of this than fantasy). A more apt comparison than comic books would be to say that they're the summer blockbusters of the literary world. They can be good, sure, but in general they're lacking in substance.
>you probably don't even read waaaaah
What was the last serious book you read? I'm currently in the middle of Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin and rereading The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.

>dexter was on showtime
my bad brosef

kys

If you can make lifelike robots, why would you make a themepark rather than any of the other billion things that would make you richer than God?

I can't wait for GoT to end so you faggots will stop shilling for HBO. Now if only retards would stop hailing every other Netflix show as revolutionary. You faggots may as well fuck off to Cred Forums.

MUH NETWORK HOW I LOVE YOU

>If you can make lifelike robots, why would you make a themepark rather than any of the other billion things that would make you richer than God?
they literally talked about this in the episode; management is using it for something else and has plans greater than just a theme park, we don't know yet. good job watching the show m8

Because they're not cost-effective. Most of the tasks you might want a lifelike robot to do could be better handled by a less expensive and less life-like robot.

Not to mention that we haven't actually seen whether humanoid robots have been deployed for other uses... we've only seen what happens in the park.

What do you think the best network is? HBO, Netflix, FX, and AMC are really the only viable options, and you clearly think HBO is garbage.

Even if it's all shit to you, some shit has to be better than the rest.

image.jpg no less

People who shit on hbo are CW and fox fags who cant afford cable. Name a show you watch that's better than GOT

Sure, but even the 30 year old cowboy in the basement was advanced enough to warrant commercialization for either military or manufacturing purposes. So either the "management plan" is a really long run one or they are leaving money on the table.

Or, then the scientists and the park personell are all robots as well.

Nigger are you retarded or something? You must be if you're too stupid to know that people are able to torrent and stream shows over the internet.

eh, they're obviously using the park for research purposes and are at least trying to create the most life-like robots possible. they say how with each update they get better and better. we'll see what the final destination the scientists are truly aiming for is.

I'm mostly interested in what anthony hopkins' character wants to do with them. he doesn't seem too pleased with the current state of humanity. I think he sees us as an evolutionary dead end. I think he wants to make real sentient beings. Maybe his latest update was intentional but even if it was a mistake I don't think he truly regrets it. He even seems to be kind of ashamed as obviously the park is morally grey to say the least.

Hopkins is one old ass motherfucker now :(

I hope he survives.

How many series do they have planned for this anyway?

I think it should have been one season with 13-ish episodes and that's it.

Don't see how they can keep this going for a standard 6 seasons.

Also Jonathon Nolan seems to have killed is brother lmao.

Bloodline's still the best post-Mad Men show I've seen. Westworld's trailer looked pretty fucking cheesy. I'll wait for a few more episodes to air before giving it a whirl, but between Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad, I'm still convinced HBO mostly makes well-produced schlop. I did like love both seasons of True Detective, though.

My two pennies.

Maybe he's bald

1st season has 10 episodes. They have planned 5 seasons already.

Keep your two pennies and stop posting

HBO and Netflix are pretty damn good thus far.

>HBO
>Breaking Bad
what did he mean by this?

In the movies there was westworld romanworld medievalworld and futureworld. Plus some other shit i think

Breaking Pleb ain't HBO son.

Breaking Pleb WISHES it was HBO.

>They have planned 5 seasons already.
i keep hearing this but there's never any source. I hope it's not true, anyway. I dno't want this kino to go the way of GoT post season 1

shills don't even bother hiding it anymore.

It's maybe one step above The Dome or any of those cable scifi-lite shows.

You are sad, pathetic human garbage.

ew.com/article/2016/09/08/westworld-plan
Here you go.

What the fuck does that have to do with you faggots wanting medieval shit so bad you utter spastic

>I can't take someone critcizing my garbage show

Fuck off you embarrassment

I like some of Netflix's shows, but they don't have anything that's really fucking great. Some of their dramas like House of Cards just look pathetic next to tons of HBO stuff.

Something American TV still needs is the realization that you don't have to keep a show going and going and going until it shits itself.

aN IMMERSIVe...FUCKING.. EXPERIENCE!
>mfw

something british TV still needs is the realization that shows don't have to be canceled after 4 episodes
Why can no country get it right?

Define "substance" you pretentious fuck. I've never even read LOTR.

Do you not see how ironic it is that you are reading two history books?

So they have substance? Why? because the events actually happened?

So if I took both those books, replaced all names and locations with made up ones and had people use eye lazers instead of guns then all the substance would flee right?
even though the prose, story/plot/insight of characters, motivations, "statements" would all be exactly the same?

I get it, you don't think Harry potter is high art, I agree, but you suffer from extreme ignorance concerning fantasy. There is no theme or issue or statement or substance that can't be addressed by a fantasy book.

Just because it has no impact on you because you can't identify or relate with anything besides the real world doesn't mean other people aren't allowed to understand and see the substance.

As far as history books like you listed goes, it's almost a form of cheating, the ingenuity and savagery of the human spawned all the source material for those books, all the author had to do was place everything together in an interesting way.

At least in classical pieces you can see the genius even if you don't enjoy reading it.

Do you think any fiction at all has substance?

Because if you do then it would illustrate how you have an inane bias against strictly mythical or imaginary beings rendering you incapable of appreciating attempts at the so called "substance" you say is so abundant in other genre's

Just admit it, you roll your eyes when you hear the word dragon or wizard and so you think fantasy is trash tier.

This is a post you copied straight off reddit isn't it? You don't sound like a human being not even in an internet sense. You are an ad.

You're making fair points if we're talking about outliers and not generalities within the genres. I understand that other genres have fair amounts of trash in them and that there are good fantasy and science fiction books, too, but the good majority of these (especially the popular ones/best sellers I originally stated) focus more on grandiose adventure and spectacle than actually imparting something. There is absolutely nothing wrong with entertainment, mind you, but what we need to come back to here is the fact that your retarded ass is spouting George R. R. Martin's name as if reading his books was some kind of achievement and not just the literary version of watching Bad Boys 2. The fact that it's words on paper doesn't make it inherently superior to works in other mediums. You just turned this into a pissing contest because people are saying your favorite show sucks so you just had to flex some supposed intellectual superiority to put them in their place. It's not working.
>Just admit it, you roll your eyes when you hear the word dragon or wizard and so you think fantasy is trash tier.
Try not to let your inferiority complex leak through this badly in the future, it's unbecoming.

its because they are robos

When i spoke about GOT it was before you came in and made sweeping statements about the quality of the genre in whole.
GOT is an entertainment book, and it's a great one that that became successful long before the show for its merits. The dude I replied too was saying TWD comic fanbase and GOT fanabse were equivalent.

Claiming sci-fi/fantasy genre books imparting something being an outlier reeks, as I have said, of ignorance concerning the genres.

This really isn't a pissing contest as far as I'm concerned, my problem was simply your leap to claiming lack of "substance".across two expansive genre's for no ther reason that I could see than "lol magic no one takes that shit seriously"

I don't enjoy the show very much and the books aren't near my favorites

And I'm pretty sure I am spot on about your disposition to anything mythical and such.

How much do you think newcomers paid to go to that town? $10k per day?

A NEW PLAYER HAS ENTERED THE GAME

Lets be honest here, that's partially due to the writing. Anthony Hopkins is literally just standing around asking questions in that scene.

My bad. For some reason I assumed it was an HBO show. I only watched it once the fervor died down and I could see the story in its entirety. I try to follow that policy with most shows. Mad Men snuck up on me and Bloodline should have ended after the first season. Season 2 was still pretty good, though.

So what are the chances this show remains consistently good? What are the chances that it devolves into typical violent drama shit for the the normies ala GoT or Walking Dead?

Confirmed to be $40,000 per day.

Funny how you haven't given any counterexamples to anything I've said so far. It should be easy for you, since you seem to be insinuating that the vast majority of sci-fi and fantasy isn't made up of worldbuilding and adventure for light entertainment.
>lol magic no one takes that shit seriously
i.e. shit I never said. Again, stop acting insecure because some jock called you a nerd and shit in your mom's Cheerios in high school.

Anyway, what makes you think the GOT fanbase is inherently superior to that of TWD's? Please try to avoid any sweeping generalizations that might get someone flustered into an hours long discussion into the merits of comic books as high art. :^)
>And I'm pretty sure I am spot on about your disposition to anything mythical and such.
Whatever the little voices in your head tell you to help you sleep at night, autismo.

just listened to a podcast that complained it "didn't have a Jon Snow". later they said it needed a wise-cracking comic relief character. jesus christ.

Is this ever getting a Web.dl rip?

Fuck you

>You can't tell who is posting on Cred Forums.
>I can.

Of course it is. In it's time it was impressive but it has weathered.

>THAT ASS
omg I want to lick the main character girls bare ass irl, please, its just not fair.

Huh, how did I miss that. Thanks anyway!

You heavily implied that shit, bud and seeing as how you made sweeping generalizations about multiple genre's without reading much if anything in those genre's the reason youd make the claims you can be for no other reason than its what you heard or was impressed upon you by the world or your limited exposure to the genre's.

>Anyway, what makes you think the GOT fanbase is inherently superior to that of TWD's?

One group reads comics, one group reads books.
It's like comparing cartoon network fanbase to, your example, Bad boys 2 fan base.

It's seriously worrying that you actually think the GOT book series is remotely comparable TWD comic.

Maybe superior isn't the right word here, but the original post that made the claim meant it as GOT fanbase is a bunch of dumb kids.

The fan base is different but superiority is a subjective and all together different argument.

I will say definitively that the Book medium is far superior to the comic medium. In whatever way you like

Cred Forums please go

What a pissing contest, just to justify your reading tastes.

What the hell are you fucks even doing on Cred Forums go to /lit/ you assholes.

Why are books inherently superior, user? Shit written out over paragraphs instead of small sentences in drawn panels is still shit. Is it because you read books instead of comic books and are looking to feel intellectually superior to someone? I'd rather read something by Mike Mignola or Alan Moore over George R. R. Martin or Michael Crichton any day of the week (not that I hate Michael Crichton, but you can only read so much HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR without getting tired of it).
>you implied it
No, you're just seeing things that aren't there because you're an insecure faggot.
>GOT fanbase is a bunch of dumb kids
What makes you think they're less so than The Walking Dead's fanbase? I see the same tier of arguing any time I go into threads for either show here or on the rest of the internet. Again, don't pull the comics vs books argument, because children aren't any more likely to be reading comic books that aren't capeshit from Marvel or DC than they are fantasy best sellers.

>go to /lit/ to discuss GOT and TWD
You've never been to /lit/, have you?