Wew mate ! yellow barrels ! so scary

Wew mate ! yellow barrels ! so scary...

Not even sure what you wanted to accomplish with this thread but whatever. Jaws is my favorite movie of all time.

it's overrated, they had problems with the shark machine so they invented visual minimalistic excuses

OP was too stupid to understand the movie, so he made the post you see there.

hahahahahahaha

They didn't have time to fuck around with the shark. The movie had already gone over budget and over schedule. The barrels were a pretty creative solution.

>creative solution

pretty cucked way to put it

as somebody who hasnt seen this, what happened in this movie with yellow barrels?

>memespeak comeback

You really got me.

Steve should reboot this and make it terrifying.

great idea

>OP thinks it's about a shark

It's really about the three guys on the boat.

First: how the fuck have you not seen Jaws?
Second: the barrels are used by shark fisherman to keep a shark close to the surface so they can kill it. The animatronic shark in Jaws didn't function very well so the barrels were used to show its presence.

watch it what else are you doing right now?

i mean, saw a good portion of it when i was a small child, but i never returned to it. perhaps i might

HOLY FUCK these new captchas suck. why cant we have the normal ones where you type in a code?

I'm surprised it took them this long to remake it.

CGI shark just wouldn't work the same. I don't care how fake you think the animatronic shark looks, this particular shot gave me nightmares.

I watched it yesterday, what a great fucking movie

Ya loserrrrting

less is more with monster movies

not clicking that shit.

CGI realistic looking sharks are actually less scary looking than that fucking doll. It's like an uncanny valley thing or something.

That's an amazing shot. The way it just silently, inexorably slides in and...

painful even to look at. Spielberg's best work this movie. Well, or Raiders.

By the time the barrels show up Jaws has turned into a sea adventure movie, they're not there to make you shit bricks.

Stahp.

The barrels come straight from the novel (based on Frank Mundus' shark hunting method IRL), and were always intended to be there; they were not used in place of the shark. Behind the scenes the animatronics fucking up meant a long delay for the sea shoot, but when it comes to the final movie they really only affected the attack scenes near the beginning.