Why haven't you watched Kubrick's Magnum opus?

Why haven't you watched Kubrick's Magnum opus?

But I have. It was pretty good, though not as good as A Clockwork Orange.

fkin fite me fgt

Because I don't really care for Kubrick.
Sure, he made some good films but he's super commercial minded and it shows. Not a real artist if you ask me, I never get that intimate feeling when I watch his films.

Too busy watching capeshit.

because i'm french

i do not like being reminded of 1700's

Maybe not as influential, but visually there is no contest

nahh some of his films were x rated. if he was that concerned with being mainstream then he would have made disney movies

>adults are not an audience worth catering to
I don't think child labour is as common as you think, user. Your mom lied to you.

Barry Lyndon is truly the Dragon Ball Z of movies

You mean the Problem Child 2 of kino

lol I read that cronenberg quote as well
it wasnt true then or now
the shining is probably his only popular novel and he took every single populist element out of it

Most beautiful Kubrick here.

Nice visuals in movies are cool and all, but I put content ahead of aesthetics way more. Barry Lyndon wasn't a bad story, I just think Alex is infinitely more interesting.

How is featuring rape scenes, torture, murder, and dry storytelling catering to adults?

So you're saying he's catering to teens?

I did, but I was drunk and talked over most of it with my drunk friends. I have to give it a proper re-watch.

I can understand this. BL is more like watching a series of beautiful events play out.

I'm saying he's not catering to anybody you dingus. Are you fucking with me?

"Kiss me my boy, for we'll never meet again"

his "uncle" was my favorite character next to the chevalier, it's interesting the types of role models barry had considering he never had a father

perfect ending too.

>visual medium
>anything more important than aesthetics

My favorite by far too

Must've been a different time, cause BL kissed that fat man right on the lips. bleh

Oops, wrong pic

>hurr feodal society was shit durr xD

Literally his most simplistic movie.

>reads an imdb user review once

Still great after every rewatch. It always gets me seeing George C. Scott acting goofy.