Any information on the next Friday The 13th movie?

I know it's coming next October and that the movie writer also wrote "Prisoners".

I hope it doesent suck balls like the last one.

Apparently it's a revamp, not directly connected to either the old movies or the 2009 reboot, and it's about a group of teenagers investigating Jason's background to figure out why he's immortal. There'll be flashbacks of kid Jason with his mother Pamela and his father Elias Vorhees, who is apparently a psychopath as well, and Jason will be a little more human despite still being supernatural.

make it stop

is this worth watching? the poster looks awesome, and I love crazy spinoffs like Jason X and Freddy vs Jason

Jason looks so sad there. Like, he's obviously waiting for people but no one's coming and he's just standing there like "I wish i could kill some people right now"

:(

I thought it was ok. Just more of the same, but at least it looked pretty good, nice tits, nice gore. Not better or worse than many of the older ones.

Mah nigga. Jason X is so much fun. The uncut version of Jason goes to Hell is also fucking awesome, great gore.
My personal favourite is Part VII though, wish there was an uncut of it. Love Jason's look in that movie.

That sounds atrocious

is it still going to be found footage, or was the idea scrapped?

The producer said he wants to stay faithful for the series,which means it's scrapped.

That sounds almost as bad as the Rob Zombie's Halloween.

I thought the remake was ok. Do they really need to do another reboot instead of a sequel?

>his father Elias Vorhees, who is apparently a psychopath as well,

Well I guess theres still a chance the new Halloween will be decent.

with Carpenter in the producer chair,there is hope.

Weird,the plot on IMDB says "The return of the legendary mass murderer Jason Voorhees in the new Friday the 13th." I'm expecting something like Part 6

what Friday the 13th movie has the most woodsy atmosphere, or has the most screen time of Crystal Lake? I'm looking for something comfy to watch in the mountains this weekend, but the first one is kind of trash.

also looking for anything in the subgenre horrorcomfy

>implying Carpenter cares

he's done with movies and the industry as a whole, he's a full-time musician now

Well he still has time to tell Rob Zombie to fuck off, so i think he still cares.

Parts II and III.

4 probably

The remake, oddly. As for horrorcomfy, can't offer much but I'm also in the market for some suggestions if anyone has any-
Tucker and Dale Vs Evil (2010)
Cabin in the Woods (2012)
Urban Legend (1998)
Scream 2 (1997)
Killer Movie (2008)
Most mid-budget90's and 00's revival woods-or-campus slashers, few coming to mind for some reason

The remake and 4.

So its a reboot after a reboot?

Why do they do this shit

that video is probably old as fuck, only it went viral last week

Ginger Snaps (2000)
The sequel goes a darker and weirder, which I like, but I wouldn't call it comfy. The third one isn't good at all.

But the first one is comfy in terms of being in a quiet suburb and in terms of following the lives of two cute alt-chicks, so if you're into that it helps a lot.
And the werewolf stuff works out in a fairly realistic way. Not in terms of there being a werewolf, but in terms of how the characters deal with it in realistic ways for high school kids.

>Most mid-budget90's and 00's revival woods-or-campus slashers, few coming to mind for some reason
Cry Wolf
Valentine
Cherry Falls
Halloween: H2O
The Black Christmas remake
Kristy is a recent one, but it's got that same feeling, a non-supernatural killer and a basically deserted college campus (because of a holiday).

It's been a long time since I last watched it, but doesn't like half of The Final Chapter take place inside a house, where they are throwing a party? I believe the two movies before it show more of Crystal Lake as a whole, and personally I always thought that because of it they were comfier.

John Carpenter has always been a "real talk" kind of guy. Doesnt mean he gives a shit about movies. I love the guy, but he obviously gives no fucks anymore, he just want to do music and keep piling the sweet halloween moneys

This idea was scrapped.

So was this.