Reminder that only dykes hated Tom

Reminder that only dykes hated Tom

>"Oh no a straight white cis male that's a positive influence instead of a dumb asshole like they usually are on this show! HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

He was also boring and obviously made to cater to Daria's outlook on life.

To even think any rich heterosexual white male would be attracted to a non makeup wearing trainwreck like Daria

If only he was at least White trash or bi or ugly or something

Remember Tom hit on Jane first, an artsy hittable bitch. Then he kind of developed a gay attraction to Daria in a segway manner. It was bound to end short.

would fuck jane

People hated Tom?

This show doesn't have the wit of so many animated sitcoms, and the protagonist is so dull and disinterested and it's impossible to care what happens to her. What is good about this series.

>Anonymou

Check these dubs

Reminder that I hate Tom because he almost fucked my waifu.

People liked Daria?

the ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''artist'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' is bisexual, like most women , especially amongst the '''''''''''''''''''''''''''liberated women'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''expressing'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' their '''''''''''''''''''''''''''human nature''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

daria can become a bisexual if she founds a alpha male, not some beta like Tom the fagget.

daria is a normal girl thinking that she is special: she begins with the akward girl, and as soon as she fully develops during puberty, she is a normie.
she seeks acceptance from people she esteems, which is the intellectuals.
there a re no intellectuals in her suburb. she is a cliché of vapidity, just like the rest of what she criticizes.
see her fantasies about writting papers, and not being ready for having children

Like any girl, Daria wishes to be acknowledged by men for what she thinks she is. With her, it is her wits, her perspective on the world which she thinks is superior. Of course, once a man notices in the way that she desires, she will be ready and want to be fucked like senseless like any other woman.

her boyfriend is too mediocre. she says that she has no intimacy with him, which is right. This beta fails to swoop her off her feet and so ''she is not ready''.
Also, she says that she is not ready to be fucked by her beta bf, but she is not ready precisely because she thinks that he is below her.
And she has no problem fantasizing about Trent.

Tom was a smart kid, Daria wasn't. He made her look vulnerable, probably why people hated him.

Show was run when MTV was high on teen angst, title character was angsty as fuck and the target audience felt identified because of the whole "everyone is dumb but me".

>daria is a normal girl thinking that she is special: she begins with the akward girl, and as soon as she fully develops during puberty, she is a normie
that pretty much was hinted with her aunt and everytime she had any discussion with her mom. I'm surprised people still believe Daria stood for something else than being a teen.

I'm glad with the way they handled the show, I believe the creator said the whole was about never reaching happiness. Daria came at the right moment, I can't imagine what would it be if Daria listened to whatever tumblr has to say.

Rich white mal here, girls who wear make-up are trash and so are you.

Tumblr

You wanna fuck?

Reminder that cartoons belong on Cred Forums

It's just so much better on tv it's like the neckbeard is just a little bit shorter here

Are you a cute girl with a clean face?

>>daria is a normal girl thinking that she is special: she begins with the akward girl, and as soon as she fully develops during puberty, she is a normie
>that pretty much was hinted with her aunt and everytime she had any discussion with her mom. I'm surprised people still believe Daria stood for something else than being a teen.
No one believes she did. We're just mad that we got duped.

Sure

Daria's a jerk, Jane is 10/10

Great. I'll bring some friends, I hope that's okay.

As long as you're a big guy

>actually watching that show for long enough to be able to make a statement like that

disgusting

>be white male teen
>identify with daria completely
>3rd season
>she starts talking about some hipster fucking her tight teen cunt

I never want to feel the way I felt those days

>target audience felt identified because of the whole "everyone is dumb but me".
Makes sense, but it's not the sort of show that "holds up."

>SEX IS BAD!!!!!

t.american

Jane a best

Tom wasn't any smarter than Daria. More mature in some ways maybe, but his shame of being rich was still really childish.
And just because Daria's attitude was criticized in the show itself, doesn't mean that she still wasn't right most of the time and that the other characters weren't shat on even more, workaholic mother included.

>not wanting to get fucked is bad

... son really

Maybe he felt he couldn't relate, you slut.

Why so obsessed lmao

Teen angst is something perpetual, if shit shows like adventure time or steven universe hold up, something like Daria can.

>doesn't mean that she still wasn't right most of the time
she was right on almost everything that didn't require emotions, she acted like a spoiled kid almost all the time, which dowgraded the whole "smart" aspect about her

she's very similar to Hank Hill

it's 'segue'

Reminder that Jane was a lesbian, and was really disappointed when that artist dyke gave up on trying to fuck her.

>if shit shows like adventure time or steven universe hold up
Questionable condition.

>Teen angst is something perpetual
But Daria's case is rather peculiar and so exaggerated, but simultaneously dull. If Daria doesn't care about what's happening, why should I? I also don't think any kit today is gong to watch a show like this because it's a classic, and people who watched the show at the time can realize what a miserable bitch Daria is and to extent that they can relate to her, will feel embarrassed that they ever went through that faze.

I also believe that most teenagers live just about completely and especially worthless lives, so capturing that isn't something valuble.

>people who watched the show at the time can realize what a miserable bitch Daria is and to extent that they can relate to her
I did at the time, and enjoyed it because it was nice to see her get told by many adults and some fellow students.

The whole ordeal about Daria is that she actually cared. It's similar to Beavis and Butt Head; the characters didn't care for the world, but it was interesting to see the world around them.

Is the world, at some point in the future, going to stop being a total existential nightmare?

A girl like Daria is a real diamond dozen

check these dubs

>most teenagers live just about completely and especially worthless lives, so capturing that isn't something valuble.
have you considered that something "not valuable" has the possible merit of being reflected upon? should we be only concerned with uniqueness?

check these dubs

>I did at the time, and enjoyed it because it was nice to see her get told by many adults and some fellow students.
But she's always portrayed as being better than them, when it would probably be her problem in real life?

>The whole ordeal about Daria is that she actually cared.
Okay, so she's a phony?

>It's similar to Beavis and Butt Head;
Whenever I watch that show, I feel like I'm watching a alien production because I see nothing remotely appealing about that show and it's like it wasn't made for humans.

>non makeup wearing
only insecure and ugly bitches feel the need to kabuki face paint themselves before they go out

>but it was interesting to see the world around them.
To add, I did not find the world around Daria to be interesting, just a caricature of what somebody like Daria would see the world as if they were real,
>uh, I hate my school, all a bunch of preppy conformist assholes
>uh, I hate my parents, social, conformists assholes who don't understand me and pressure me to be social, conformist assholes.

para tú

What the fuck are you asking me for? For just about everybody, life has more pain than pleasure. I would suggest finding a hobby you can indulge in no matter what happens in the outside world and allows you to develop self-esteem, (so not vidya). Also, don't ask for life advice on Chinese cartoon imageboards. Actually, don't come here at all.

>has the possible merit of being reflected upon?
Not when it's this mundane and pointless. I also have no tolerance for slice-of-life garbage. I also don't think Boyhood is the greatest artistic and cinematic achievement of mankind.

>should we be only concerned with uniqueness?
Inherent worth helps as well. Teenagers should not be taught to think they have hard lives or that this portion of their life is something meaningful, when it's not. Daria's worldview is particularly delusional.

>But she's always portrayed as being better than them, when it would probably be her problem in real life?
Because it's a cartoon? She was protrayed smarter than them (and she was), but overall she was as miserable as any other character of the show.
>Okay, so she's a phony?
Yes and no. She had some bullshit values like many teens do, in that aspect, she was a phony. But she never was or pretended the nihilistic character you think she was.
>I see nothing remotely appealing about that show
I think this whole argument begins and ends with you not liking slice of life cartoons.
>uh, I hate my school, all a bunch of preppy conformist assholes
I don't think she ever developed that kind of attitude
>uh, I hate my parents, social, conformists assholes who don't understand me and pressure me to be social, conformist assholes.
She explicitly cares for her parents throughout the show.

Go suck a lemon

>She was protrayed smarter than them (and she was)
Okay, but the Mary Sue is a bit too strong in this one.

>I think this whole argument begins and ends with you not liking slice of life cartoons.
This extends to slife-of-life in general, though I don't think that described Beavis and Buthead at all.

>I don't think she ever developed that kind of attitude
Wouldn't it apply to the teachers? I know she hated the school.

>She explicitly cares for her parents throughout the show.
She doesn't like them, though.

You're stupid as fuck. Hot rich girls wear makeup, they just wear less and different kinds. If you think they're literally not wearing makeup and weren't exaggerating in the fashion that girls who wear too much makeup are trash then you're stupid. Girls who wear no makeup at all look weird as fuck, just look at the third world for that.

On top of all that, people have personal preferences. If you honestly think that wearing makeup or liking the way it looks on women is trash, you're probably a clueless trust fund baby. I'm a lawyer, my fiancée wears makeup, I like making it run when I fuck her face, and I like her leaving lipstick on my dick. It's sexy to me. If you don't like it, cool.

>Not when it's this mundane and pointless.
Well, to me that's the point. You can view it as slice-of-life gilmore girls mindnumbing comfort or an opportunity to reflect upon how mundane, pointless and delusional lives and people are.

>Okay, but the Mary Sue is a bit too strong in this one.
What Mary Sue? She wasn't even the smartest in the classroom and proved to be shit in everything that wasn't literature.
>This extends to slife-of-life in general, though I don't think that described Beavis and Buthead at all.
Beavis and Butt Head is slice of life tho.
>Wouldn't it apply to the teachers? I know she hated the school.
I don't think she ever stated that she hated certain teachers, in fact I think she made many connections throughout the show.
>She doesn't like them, though.
When is that even implied?

>an opportunity to reflect upon how mundane, pointless and delusional lives and people are.
Either I don't agree with that view of humanity so it repulses me, or I'm already convinced of it because I'm an edgy emo, so watching this is like confirmatory masturbation.

Maybe life isn't like it is in movies, but sometimes it is, and those are stories people tell, which are by far the most popular stories people like to hear. As opposed to something deliberately commonplace and mundane.

>She wasn't even the smartest in the classroom and proved to be shit in everything that wasn't literature.
Not really.

The black girl was the smartest. Daria didn't really do anything else, no sports, no music, no cooking, she barely knew how to drive.

>Beavis and Butt Head is slice of life tho.
Honestly, I've only watched small clips that made it seem like a very cheaply done slapstick comedy that was painfully unfunny, or something resembling a sitcom.

>When is that even implied?
I guess this is something I gathered, considering the marked contrast between their personalities and her inability to connect with her parents.

She ended up being the best in the school despite doing 0 extracurricular activities.
The black girl was smart but Daria has been estabilished to be basically a genius since she was a little kid, and having pretty much perfect grades.

>Either I don't agree with that view of humanity so it repulses me, or I'm already convinced of it because I'm an edgy emo, so watching this is like confirmatory masturbation.
sit down. channel your inner daria. you got nothing to waste but your life.

Okay, I'll be honest: I watched only one episode of this show that I heard was the best, (which may not be false). It was the one about her reminiscing about hiding in a box when she heard her parents fighting over her being socially retarded. It clearly wasn't supposed to be a humorous show, (or at least it was extremely dry and weak), I didn't care about how Daria was effected because she came across as so impassive the entire episode. I neither laughed, nor cried, nor felt tension, nor felt informed, and I don't experience artistic products for anything except those ends. I no longer have a teenage life, and when I did, my life didn't even resemble Daria's, so it doesn't appeal to me at all.

Straight cis male Daria fan here. The problem was that he was fucking BORING.

>But she's always portrayed as being better than them, when it would probably be her problem in real life?
In the later seasons she actually becomes more vulnerable and fallible.
>Okay, so she's a phony?
That's a weird way of looking at it. It's called character development.

>no, so just ignore it

Anyway, you asserted that teen agnst and cynicism would somehow fade. I'm asserting the only way that happens is if the world suddenly stops being a total nightmare.

which makes the show perfect for widening the appeal of artistic products. boredom is where it's at.

>In the later seasons she actually becomes more vulnerable and fallible.
I'm not interested in this thb. Bojack Horseman suckered me into this and I think worsened in quality as a result, (muh depression and the absurdity of life) but it got me in by actually being a very well-written series. Daria, not so much.

>you asserted that teen agnst and cynicism would somehow fade.
Are you talking about individuals? Yes, it fades. That's why it's called "teen angst," as in that's when it begins and that's when it's strongest, and some people come very close to completely getting over it, or have much bigger problems in life.

>if the world suddenly stops being a total nightmare.
And guess what - it does for most people. Normalfags like the world and it likes them back.

Okay, so I felt bored and stopped watching because of it. Is that what you wanted? I could have felt less bored doing something else, as that's the conditio sine qua non that I would ever watch something for entertainment purposes, which is practically a tautology: I watched Daria to be entertained, and I was not.

I liked the teacher with the crazy eye.

Reminder that this show will never be properly released with the original music.

>as that's the conditio sine qua non that I would ever watch something for entertainment purposes
as you should as a productive, selfloving member of society, which brings me back to the beginning: why not rise above entertainment? savor the void by being bored.

>savor the void by being bored.
This is a really shitty sell for this series. I hope you know this.

Anyway, if I were to tolerate being bored, I might try to get something done, in which I might be bored initially or even toil, but I would feel some sense of self-esteem, which I wouldn't get by watching a series I just find dull. I might even start enjoying the productive activity after a while, though I don't think I would ever enjoy this series. It goes beyond the style. I just don't think it's well-written and doesn't impact me on any level.

How do you chose whether to watch or not watch a series? If something doesn't entertain me, (which is the vast majority of the time), I reject it. I could find things that were even more boring than Daria, like some completely mindless cartoon, or C-SPAN.

I was merely peddling a meta-layer consumerism approach fueled by teenage angst.

What series do you enjoy?

Futurama, the Simpsons, King of the Hill, Star Trek: TNG, Seinfeld, various animes, Twilight Zone, Are You Being Served?, Blackadder, House of Cards, (UK), South Park, etc.

I don't enjoy all episodes of these series, or even a majority or them, but I enjoyed a significant amount of them.

Daria sucked. Jane sucked. It was the supporting characters that made the show fun like her father Jake or Mr. Dimartino or Chuck.
>CHARLES. COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME *WHY* YOU CAME TO CLASS DRESSED AS A CLOWN.
They were always quotable. I can't remember anything Daria or Jane said though.

I honestly don't think Daria is your average teenager. She has average teenager issues, but a lot of Daria is actually the same as Diane in Bojack (Let's be honest here, they are nearly the same character except Diane is a bit more normie than Daria, I could not picture Daria getting excited over being married or having a wedding)

They're major issue is that they're hugely socially aware so they can see how fucked up society is around them, but to get anywhere in life, they have to conform to social values that they know are wrong and fucked up and become normies, thus selling themselves out.

Daria also is filled with Suburban angst, you know, being trapped in the fucking monotone, dull suburbs where you can't find anybody unique or interesting to match your personality and there simply isn't anything going on ever and the people are so cookie cutter boring.

This though isn't just a 90s problem. Honestly, Daria isn't really just a 90s show. Being smart, socially aware yet, becoming isolated and bitter because of it, isn't unique to the 90s.

cheers, have a good one.

People hated Tom because they wanted Daria and Trent to hook up. Also, it was a weird relationship... he dated Jane initially and there was like a season of will they/won't they with Daria and Tom, and Jane justifiably being a bitch to Daria about the whole thing.

Is your keyboard broke nigga?