Mr Robot

Just finished watching season 2 against the advice of everyone here, what the fuck actually happened this season? I'm genuinely confused.

I don't know if this is some 2deep4me bullshit and meant to make me feel this way or if it's actually just terrible direction and writing. Was the entire first half of the season a waste of time and in Elliots head? All the important plot points seem to have been skipped over and Elliots barely on the fucking screen anymore. I don't know whats going on

bump

Just finished watching it too, and kinda feel the same way.
Very confusing.
Also why the fuck did Elliot and his dad 'make peace' and decides to work together, then the next episode it's just the same fucking each other over again?

NO, it didn't happen only in his head. Everything you saw happen happened, only in prison and not at his mother's house. The black guy was the warden, he had a pc in his office and he asked Elliot's help cause he knew he was in for hacking. Leon was sent from Whiterose to protect Elliot in prison.

Mr Robot was merely trying to keep Elliot under control by making him think they would be working together, while at the same time going behind his back and working on phase 2 with Tyrell and Whiterose. That's because the plan involved killing people, and Elliot would have had a fit and fucked it up as soon as he found out about it.

That makes a lot more sense

what about the previous IT guy, and his family?

For as much as we know, he really was simply the sys admin

So Elliot has a problem with blowing up people, but no problem with causing a global recession that would end up killing people anyway? Not to mention the dark army killing people because of him. Also if dark army and white rose are so good, what the fuck they need Elliot for?

Also, was the evil corp boss in on it from the start to replace $ with e coin and basically become the NWO?

The second one is done for the "greater good", he believes he's the good guy and a big part of season 2 is about him and fsociety questioning that notion.

The first one is straight up murder.

>white people are evil
>anonymous are a ragtag gang of minorities who fight the patriarchy and capitalists
>only heterosexual couple in the series are the literally Nordic people

Well, we saw this in S1 one too, with the Steel Mountain thing. They had to do the raspberry pi shit only because Elliot didn't want to blow the building up. He thought he was doing the right thing, but in S2 we also saw that he's regretting the whole thing, so.

Elliot is just a pawn, dude. The real player is in fact Whiterose, here.
We don't know yet what exactly is going on between her and Price, bitcoin and ecoin are surely involved someway but nothing is confirmed yet, we'll need to wait for S3 for that.

Also yeah, Price was probably in on it from the start.

So blowing people up for the greater good is a no go, but destroying their lively hoods and jobs is totally justified..

A bit hypocritical if you ask me. Should have just sticked to vigilante hacking pedos. But oh well its blowing up in their face pretty good and I'm excited for s3.

it was pretty straightforward bro

(you)

explain the scene with angela and white rose

That's the point, they think they're doing it for the greater good but both Elliot and Darlene are doing it for their own selfish purposes, which is to fuck over ECorp.

Tyrella literally fucked some guy in the ass. But I guess that counts as straight in Sweden.

Well if he's just a pawn why do they need him in the first place? Especially if it's been White rose and Prices plan all along to tank Ecorp to establish E coin as the new world currency, why do all that risky shit with steel mountain and the femtocell?
Or are Price and Whiterose just adapting to Mr Robots plan and ultimately taking it over for their own gain?

>implying Elliot is supposed to be a good guy
He's not, he's a fucking schizo

Whiterose and Price are in different sides. Price is using the 5/9 hack to establish ecoin and whiterose predicted this move and is probably planning to fuck his shit up.

>if he's just a pawn, why would they need him in the first place?
That's what pawns are usually for, mate. They do the dirty work for you and they get fucked over when shit hits the fan

Well I liked Angelas strategy a lot more then.

I guess that explains the double standard.

Anyway, is nigger assassin going to kill Mobly and the Muslim girl? Or bringing them back?

Angela's strategy is smarter but weaker. You can't legally and ethically fuck over a huge corporation, that's the point of Mr. Robot's crusade.

This show sucks. I'm still pissed about it. Someone I know hyped me up about it because it's relative to our interests and perhaps they even had a casual chat with the actual tech expert the show brought on to keep it on point and what not..

So you know.. I'm big on living based on a circle of trust. I have a set of trusted sources and whatnot.. and when those sources trust other sources, I trust those other sources. You get me? I trust Alice. Alice trusts Bob. So I trust Bob. Anyway, this usually works out just fine.. but man.. this show was a waste of my fucking time. I watched the first season in one boring night during some downtime.

Not feeling it at all. There are some OK points and whatnot, but I think it's extremely over rated. Additionally all the praise it got for being "technically accurate" is delusional marketing storytelling hogwash. It is accurate actually.. for a entertainment program, TV show, sure.. certainly not to reality though.

That is my rant. Hope you enjoyed. Sorry for being a vague prick, but I'll stick around for a bit if you have any questions.

Any idea on WR motivation then?
Price and her must at least be on equal footing, he seems to have a lot of leverage over her and China.

But why risk such a great plan by using a literal schizo and a bunch of commie hackers? If the goal was to establish e coin they could have just 'wiped' their servers and pretended to destroy the backups, leading to the same outcome with much less risk.

What do you mean with technical inaccuracies? I studied CS and have quite a few buddies in the Infosec sector and they all love it.

WR's motivation is one of the mysteries Esmail is keeping close to his chest. My bet is all she wants is control. And to truly control you have to be more powerful than anyone else. Price and ECorp are as strong as she is, so any plan to take them down is fine by her.

And I don't think ecoin was a planned strategy, it's more of a masterful reactionary move. This is the first time we see Price pull his weight and do crazy shit.

I'm studying cyber security/ethical hacking also and some of it is very accurate. Apparently they had to tone down the accuracy because they can't show accurate actual hacking on TV. Kinda like how Breaking Bad never actually shows you how to make meth

That would be pretty boring desu. Same as Prices speech about being the most powerful man in the room. What's the point?

>she

I mean technically inaccurate. I avoid making those kind of declarative statements online and especially on Cred Forums, hence the vagueness. I've been in IT for.. well, a while...it's embarrassing to be so old and still on Cred Forums. IT security specifically since around 3rd quarter 2012. One of my peeps actually had a good 45 minute chat with the tech advisor for the show.

While I was watching the show.. you know, I wanted to stop after like episode 4 or something when it became apparent it was going to be not for me.. but it just, you know, did what TV shows do.. The medium is the message and all. It sucked me in, like a punk bitch I am and I watched the whole thing. Anyway, while I watched I had to feel like this time wasn't totally wasted.. so I started to take notes about all the ways in which the show is technically inaccurate. I had a mini-AMA in the Mr Robot subreddit a few months ago.

Look it's not a bad show. My opinion about that means nothing anyway. People like it. That's great. Let's not pretend it's technically accurate though. It might be.. in some ways.. emphasize social engineering for example.. showing failures and not just bing bang whatever... maybe the A to Z is reasonable.

But they don't know he's a schizo.
Elliot/Mr. Robot is the perfect pawn considering he has very personal reasons to want E-Corp burned down. Mr. Robot comes off as an extremely confident, highly driven and capable individual, not as a psycho, so it isn't that much of a stretch to think Whiterose would be on board with him basically paving the way for her next move.

What would WR gain from taking down E Corp?

Whiterose basically emotionally manipulating Angela into working for her.
It was a beautiful scene to watch

CompSci person who also hangs out in STEM heavy circles - the show does have by far the most accurate depiction of actual hacking. Of course, it's not REAL, but it is genuinely damn close to how things could happen in real life.

Of course, you can very much still dislike it for whole other reasons, but this isn't even close to being the show's biggest flaw.

I can agree with that.

How would people not know he's a psycho?
Angela and Darlene must know. Others would surely think something is odd about a guy always dressing in black hoodies, suddenly stopping mid sentence to stare at the wall or throw around shit, pushing himself against a wall and strangling himself, literally forgetting his own plan over and over again... not to mention he is literally required to visit a shrink.

Yeah but we were talking about Whiterose not knowing, not Angela and Darlene, and she wasn't there when all that shit went down, was she?
She sounded genuinely surprised when Elliot asked her what phase two was, and that's because Mr. Robot was working on it, not Elliot.
She may have thought him odd for sure, but that's expected. What kind of sane person would come up with the idea of destroying all financial records to obtain a wealth redistribution and follow through with it?
It suited her plan well, so she let them do it.

Has anyone here played the game?

Why haven't they done Elliot wearing Mr. Robot clothes/glasses yet?

The point is that most of the characters in the show are shitty people. It's not the boogeyman corporate man who makes society the sinkhole that it is. It's people, we're inherently shitty, and Elliot fails to realize that.

I do believe it's one if not the closest representations of hacking we've seen in mainstream media. If the show's not your thing it's cool though. Season 2 is, imo, one of the biggest pleb filters I've seen. Everyone who was in it for the wacky hacky stuff fsociety did to "screw da man, fight the powa" is gone, leaving behind the people who actually understood what Esmail was going for and could read between lines. Give Season 2 a try.

She probably knows the guy is kind of unhinged, but the moment he goes off rails he's gonna die, the plan is already in motion. Tyrell's shot stopped Elliot from being killed, ironically.

He puts on the jacket in that one flashback and looks cool as fuck

Kinda this. The thing is that Angela knew and seemed fine with Elliot getting shot, and Elliot himself got medical assistance as soon as it was needed, so Whiterose had to know about his split personality by then. Or maybe Mr. Robot made up some other shit, I don't know.

Completely agree on S2 working as a pleb filter though. The downside is that the ratings were pretty low this season, I'm really hoping it won't get canceled after S3.

Nice trips

i found that whole scene so cliché and forced... i mean i just can't believe that Terry Colby after all those years working together would ask that question, in that context, and then just wait through that bs monologue, that actually lead nowhere

just a bad case of smashing fight club, the matrix and clockwork orange together, thinking the edge, 2deep4u factor and quirky cinematography would save it's ass.

The first season was grounded enough, but holy shit did it step off the deep end in the second season.

It's a shit show, no one can convince me of anything otherwise.

stop flaunting your stupidity like it's something to be proud of.