What were they thinking?

What were they thinking?

I went into this expecting what was promised: a straight-up horror movie like the original. I also was kind of expecting them to retain some of the silliness of the original, despite being pure horror. For instance, the cast in the original were all likeable and goofy, and seemed like they had a blast making it. Their acting was shitty, but it was awesomely shitty. "PARTY DOWN!" They were probably hammered during filming.

The new cast was all edgy and humorless.

I could have forgiven even that shitty tryhard cast if the deadites had the right eyes and behavior.

How come a 70's indie flick with jack shit for a budget was able to make scarier eyes than a big budget hollywood production in 2013?

>What were they thinking?

something along the lines "Jewish execs gace us money to out together another MK-ULTRA traumatizer, but we need some existing property to tack onto so people actually go see it"

That's neat. I haven't seen this thread before.

Watch a horror movie with a lots of timed screamers like Banshee Chapter high, it really enchances the experience

If you found either version scary, you need to kill yourself asap.

>able to make scarier eyes

Because the huge milky white contacts they used in the original were sheer torture for the actors, and if they left them in too long there was the potential for permanent vision loss. No major studio would do that these days.

I don't know, the original wad pretty unsettling when i watched it high off my ass.

>dude I do drugs!
>am I cool yet??

>dude i don't do drugs!

>i'm an edgy asshole to those who do! Am i cool yet?

I thought it was okay

One of the most underrated horror movies of the past 5 years. Was it original? No. But it had a nice use of practical effects, a insanely chaotic 3rd act, and does manage to a be a bit unsettling in parts. It's not really comparable to the original. I don't get why people don't like this besides people who go in thinking it's Evil Dead 4

>>dude i don't do drugs!
When did I say that?

How was he edgy or an asshole? You seem insecure and stating that you do drugs on a fucking anonymous board doesn't get you anything.

>tfw no sequel and AoD sequel that leads to crossover

I was just saying the first evil dead seemed quite spooky when i watched it high

Yeah, the people I've seen who were most agitated about it seemed like they were just major fans of the original expecting... I dunno, something.

It still hurts. I love all the Evil Dead movies and that shit was gonna be off the hook.

The show's bretty good though

>and seemed like they had a blast making it.

lol no, they were fucking miserable during the making of it.

Imagine spending days covered in red karo syrup in the cold ass woods

also the remake was fucking great. pleb.

Honestly for what the remake is i like the new eyes more. Theres an intensity to them that matches the tone of the film

>Watch Evil Dead remake in theaters after eating 3 weed cookies
>They kick in right when the tree rape scene happens
>Never cringed that hard from a movie in years

I had a fucking blast

>and seemed like they had a blast making it.
It's funny because the movie was a living hell to film. But that always seems to make horror movies turn out good. Texas Chain Saw Massacre was also a nightmare for the cast and crew.