Was Jar Jar Binks originally supposed to be a Sith Lord?

Was Jar Jar Binks originally supposed to be a Sith Lord?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJF5hT3Lrg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes, he was Darth You are a whore's son

>tfw disney retcons you

quit whore's-son around you two.

It would have been really clever and smart writing, so no it wasn't intended. It's just a cool fan theory. Lucas is too much of a hack to come up with an idea like that

tfw Jar Jar cucked Mace Dindu

No, he was supposed to be Chewbaca. In Episode 2 both senators from naboo would be targeted and jar jar would have been paired off with obi-wan. The backlash meant he had a reduced role.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJF5hT3Lrg

from 5:33

why did he create Jar-Jar?

What is JarJar's purpose in the movie?

I think so, and he chickened out because of the backlash

he went too far trying to make his kids laugh

ok, let's suppose that this could have happened...

which would have been his role?

the new apprentice of Sheev after Maul disappear?

what would have happened to Dooku then?

two apprentices? that goes against the rule of two

that poor bastard has kids?

A SITH LAWD?

No, it's a fun fan theory but it's not at all close to what George was going for. The original plot of AOTC was going to to have Jar-Jar lead the Gungans to save Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme on Geonosis to bide time for the clones, rather than the Jedi.

I was just about to respond and I'm still a little miffed, so 4/10.

We probably wouldn't have a Count Dooku if Lucas didn't pussy out of Darth Darth Binks.

That reveal would have been a perfect mirror to Yoda's reveal of a silly hungry toy alien to a Jedi Master.

That would have been much worse.

Also, the theory isn't "fun." It was always a really shitty reddit joke, not even a theory.

>clever and smart writing

twists aren't automatically smart, I bet you enjoy the films of M Night Shyamalan you fucking shit

Dooku was rushed in to replace Jar jar's character as the bad guy after the horrendous receival of jar jar in episode

Yes, its been confirmed. Jar Jar was supposed to be Palpatine's Master. Also Anakin was really homosexual and Watto molested him.

He wanted to make Disney's Goofy in star wars

Gungans are literally cute

He lacks executive skills, he has ugly lips, and he has a freakish gumby neck. Yep... Sith.

He was the key to all of it, because he was a funnier character than he'd ever had before.