What does Cred Forums think of this movie?

What does Cred Forums think of this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MsYmMZ6X0kU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pure Kino

my favorite kubrick movie

a lot of people here probably think it's shit but it's good

THE OLE IN-OUT, IN-OUT

Just came to check the meter

Plebs think it's great because it's edgy.
Contrarians think it sucks because plebs like it.
Patricians can truly appreciate the film's overall quality, aesthetic creativity and great directing.

This user is actually pretty accurate.

The story is mediocre, but the visuals are why it became so influential.

I used to think this movie was the best thing going when I was a teenager, have a poster for it, have the book. Talked about with and made jokes about it with my friends all the time.

Then I grew up and it's not edgy at all. it's a good movie but I can't help but view it as anything more than a comedy these days.

Fedora

Why is it called Clockwork Orange?

pleb. the only reason the film left any sort of impact is because of the rape and violence scenes. kubricks lucky the book was so adept at exploring its themes of morality, control and decisions/intention, he just fucking slapped that shit on in the last 25 minutes

Wonderful. Mk-Ultra Kino. Also lots of wonderful Kubrickian occult splashes. From the sun symbolism, to the lesbian cat lady phallus worship it is a worthy Kino through and through.

It's from an old phrase "as queer (strange) as a clockwork orange"

weird cuz thats not even the stuff i liked about it. tell me more about how your perception applies to the rest of us.

No, the Clockwork Orange is a symbol for the sun.

youtu.be/MsYmMZ6X0kU

I don't think so user. You do know Anthony Burgess and not Kubrick wrote it. So it thus has nothing to do with the le occult imagery in kubrick movies meme.

Are you trying to imply that Anthony Burgess was not aware of these things? And that he did not impart these themes into his writing?

I assume he was aware of them but as for inserting them into his writing I think not. I think that the occult imagery meme (in kubrick movies) is a confirmation bias look back post Eyes Wide Shut and remain certain that the name originated with the cockney slang I first posited it did.

It's imagery of normal on the surface with strange (queer) goings on beneath the surface ties in with the mood prevailing in the time the book was written.

Now that the dust has settled why this flick is a shit?

i already did

>reason the film left any sort of impact is because of the rape and violence scenes.
nah not really
if that was the case Salò came four years later and was a lot more graphical

You have very CLEARLY never read any of Burrows' writing.

>Burrows

You have to go back.

Why, when you are getting so upset?

Upset? You can read right? I set out my point of view quite concisely and calmly. I don't know where you're getting this upset from. Perhaps I should discontinue this discourse as it seems you may just be talking shit.

Look, see and I didn't even call you a faggot.

Because I can feel your energy, and it is feeding my bad side.

I'm 16 and I wanna be smug about the movies I watch

with or without the last chapter?

>objectively wrong
>starts shitposting

Nice deflection there.

It's fucking great.
Looks great.
Performances are mesmerizing.
Persuasively dramatized Kubrick's worldview.

Plays with the form in a fun way.

one of those movies that some people tend to hate because edgy high school students praise it too much but is still great regardless

the spencer's gifts bob marley poster of movies

It was really good but looking back I wouldn't consider it one of the greatest films. It doesn't exactly master any of the themes it goes for and the only character that is really intriguing is the main dude, though he was a natural at his role.

amazing agogocore

No time for the old in-n-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.

its very good but kubrick has better he just kept getting better desu. even though 2001 is my favorite along with eyes wide shut

EWS>FMJ>BL>THE SHINING>2001>ACO>Dr.>Paths of Glory

It's a good movie but it's low-tier Kubrick at best.
I used to think it was the best thing ever until I grew up.
It still holds up though.