Are Midwestern conservatives really like this?

Are Midwestern conservatives really like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D40fXVzaU80
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_English
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Workingmen's_Association
wiki.mises.org/wiki/Anarchism
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. South Park, a satirical cartoon, is an accurate representation of Midwestern conservatives.

yes. but colorado isnt actually considered the midwest

No, stereotypes only apply to people who aren't white and conservative. Cred Forums told me so

South Park, a satirical cartoon, is an accurate representation of everything

It's a stereotype for a reason

DEY

TUK

Is the new episode out today?

They skipped doing one this week for some reason

>haha stupid poor people thinking they have the right to provide for their families haha
What did South Park mean by this?

ERRR

>people wanting to keep their homeland and protect American jobs are just stupid rednecks

I'm sure Trey "My wifes black son" Parker had a lot to do with this one

DAWG
;_;

I thought so.

How dare those men protect their way of life.

Cred Forums hates white trash and irl skinheads, though.

>thread starts with people saying that it's a dumb cliche that isn't even true
>after 10 posts it's Cred Forumstards defending them and agreeing with their position
congrats guys on becoming a lazy stereotype

Like what, an episode of a show that is more than a decade old?

It's accurate for Oklahoma but we're not midwest technically for whatever retarded reason.

>Colorado
>Midwest

In all seriousness though, I have no fucking clue what people call the area from like Colorado to Montana. I've just been calling them the mountain states my whole life but I've never heard anyone else give it a name.

Aren't those the flyover states?
I'm European and those nothing happens states in the center of America always seemed super comfy to me

Yep.

t. worked in a metal factory in the midwest for six years

do midwestern conservatives really walk around by rocking back and forth?

One word. Nah. I live in a Southern Minnesota town of 500
>mah prairie home companion
Tbh as a young, relatively successful and respected white male, this place is absolute paradise.
Yeah you have your weird family feuds (your dog pooped on my lawn and i think your daughter is a whore type shit) but for the most part everyone is just super friendly and up front. You can just sit there and shoot the shit with the gas station guy for 15 minutes on a slow day or chat with Dave in the Cereal isle about the Vikings defense for far too long.
I grew up in the burbs of Ohio where the kids had WAY too much money and everyone was an asshile until proven otherwise. I've been here for two years and it is STILL surreal. Everyday is an adventure; I have the in but I'm still an outsider.
Oh and we actually have the two town drunks always getting into shenanigans, they're hilarious.

Fuck off faggot we are southern through and through

Flyover states is just a derogatory term people on the coasts use because they have no personality or identity of their own outside of the geographic location of where their mothers squirted them out.

They're pretty comfy though, yeah.

Midwestern country user here. Everyone has a Trump Pence sign on their lawn.

>One word
>writes an entire paragraph

Shut up homo I know you're on here and Cred Forums every day and all night

Yup, same here.

>southern Minnesota
>paradise

It means that elitist, high, dont give a fuck white guys are assholes

Your an Indian reservation with a scattering of trailer parks for the whites. More like Mobilehoma.

No, midwestern conservatives are educated (voted overwhelmingly against Trump in the primary), those are what southern conservatives are like

Yes
t. I lived there

>Oklahoma but we're not midwest technically for whatever retarded reason
Maybe because you guys are absolutely nothing like the midwest, having more in common with the south and with the west.
You guys are more than 2 states removed from the Great Lakes, the heart of the Midwest

>they have no personality or identity of their own outside of the geographic location of where their mothers squirted them out.
t. angry Coloradan
As a person who is ACTUALLY from the midwest, the coasts are objectively better. That's where the culture happens. If I could move to New York or LA I would. Fuck this "quaint" bullshit. It's a wonderful place to grow up, and I think I'd probably like to raise kids here, but if you're childless and only concerned about your career and the immediate future the coasts are clearly better. I'd fly over my home town just to spit on it if I got the chance.

illegal immigration is most harmful for lower class workers like rednecks so I never really understood the satire here

lol what?
If you don't raise your children in the midwest, you are probably a bad person

There is really little reason to ever live elsewhere if you are a white person, unless you are deadset on being involved in some niche industry not present there.
If you are a young non-married college educated person, you would be much better off living in the hipster region of any of the larger midwestern cities that you would in some coasty town. If you choose to live somewhere like New York, there is no way you are going to be making enough money to actually enjoy it while you are young.

People get a trip so I can filter you.

How much does a one bedroom apartment cost in Brooklyn or San Fransisco?

>"dude like how about sharing something you need to survive with total strangers. i mean cmon. im middle class college graduate with whole life sponsored by parents and i dont mind sharing."

When you share and distance yourself from the commodity-bound existence life becomes better. t. user

>actually from the Midwest
Nigger I was born and raised in Milwaukee

dey tuk er jerbs

I'm from Montana and I do catering for a Californian Stanford retreat most years.

It's bizarre to me how often those people show up in plaid shirts. Nobody wears plaid shirts here. Were you trying to blend in? It basically says "I'm an out of state asshole who wants to be a gay lumberjack with down syndrome."

Montana isn't the midwest

Weird. As an American I always found the Northeast or the Northwest to be comfy.

Then again, I'd be happy in someplace like Scotland or Scandinavia.

It's a wonder I don't give more thought to Minnesota.

Look at a map you filthy easterner, theres nothing west about fucking Illinois

It's the mountain west.

I think southwest gets it confused. I recently heard that my state has more wild animal attacks than any other state, even Alaska. I guess I was right when I told some people from Arizona not to let their kids wander outside of the campground. I mean, it might look like an unspoiled forest but that doesn't mean you can pretend it's fucking Fern Gully.

The region got named before we expanded all the way West, user. The midwest centers around the Great Lakes for the most part, sorry we don't have a nickname for your area.

yeah, the midwest was named before anything west of the MIssissippi was settled

>haha stupid immigrants thinking they have the right to provide for their families
What did conservatives mean by this?

The midwest is pretty densely populated and often industrial, while the great plains and the west are mostly rural or uninhabited.

I think the border between the midwest an the great plains is the point at which agricultural land must be irrigated to be viable

Washington is great. Lots of rain, though. Oddly high suicide rate too, for some reason.

>getting your views of the world from South Park

What are you, 16?

>must be irrigated to be viable
are you fucking serious?

Dont forget how apathetic people can be in regards to meeting new people

Less rain = less sunlight = less serotonin = more depression

You have to go back

*more rain

look at an aerial map midwest farms compared to the plains, notice the dramatically different geometric patterns

There is less and less rain as you approach the mountains from the east

one group are LEGAL citizens

the other are ILLEGAL economic drifters driving down the market during inlfation and lowering standards of living for everyone, themselves, citizens and you

oh wow what a moral dilemma clearly this needs to be solved by worrying about feelings a lot, refugees welcome

It's a pretty straightforward answer.

Yeah, voted against him for Cruz, you're like the one stupider demographic than the South. At least they had the sense to team up with the Northeast in the primary

Maybe they don't want to experience the cascadia mega quake.

Yes 100%. My family is from Wisconsin and whenever I visit their small town it's comprised of mostly resentful, uneducated, drunk folks who sit in bars and bitch about and mock the 1 or 2 native or mexican families that live in the town

bring it on, i aint afraid of volcanos

Its not midwesterners' fault the republican party is dominated by crazy religious southerners. They can only work with what the national party hands them.

Midwestern republicans are typically middle and upper class educated white people, midwestern poor and uneducated people vote overwhelmingly democrat

In my state, it depends. The east is plain land and agricultural. The west is mountainous forest land that to some degree is still based on logging. It's pretty damn dangerous. Some guy was recently attacked by a bear in the area and survived. His bear spray didn't work and he was nearly killed. Browns are extremely belligerent and don't really care about your pepper spray. They have a better sense of smell than the best dog and can turn a human into ground meat. Blindness is barely hinders them.

What the fuck part of Wisconsin is your family from, that sounds nothing like any part of Wisconsin I have experienced.

Jay?

Too bad Cred Forums isn't your personal safe space.

Yeah you're right, if you live in crippling poverty and your family is starving you should totally worry about laws and putting a small dent in the relatively high American standard of living.

>small town
>anywhere
>expecting anything but this
Topkek

If your state has mountains, it is safe to say it is not the midwest

Lancaster. You've probably only been to madison. I'm describing literally every small town in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Who said anything about Cred Forums?

thanks for stereotyping Cred Forumsacks for me phamm

I live in Milwaukee, never heard of Lancaster WI before

>Lancaster
You might as well be in Iowa, familia. Lancaster isn't typical of Wisconsin at all, my parents moved there from another unincorporated town a while back.

You don't sound like somebody who knows that state. Where were you form originally?

So? are you saying it doesnt exist or something? Google you fucking dunce. Also you live in a city that doesn't represent small town politics

I just looked it up, Lancaster is in the most obscure and one of the least populated parts of the state
Grew up in Milwaukee suburbs, lived in Madison for 4 years now live downtown Milwaukee the last few years

>You have to go back
I assume means to reddit, i.e. "you don't belong here if you disagree with my politics."

OP just asked about Midwestern small towns, which Lancaster most definitely is. And from my experience it's pretty standard for a lot of small poor towns in the region

>So? are you saying it doesnt exist or something?
No, I am saying I am unfamiliar with it, in reference to my previous statement that your description sounds like no town "I have experienced"

That's fantastic and all but what's your point? Op asked about conservatives, and they're in the small towns, not the city.

>he has no concept of law and order
black or shitskin?

When I think midwestern conservatives I think suburban white people
Most people in rural western Wisconsin/eastern Minnesota are pretty liberal

>Yeah you're right, if you live in crippling poverty and your family is starving you should totally worry about laws
exactly, Americans should do anything to stop Mexicans from stealing bread from their families

Most people in Milwaukee (and Wisconsin in general) wouldn't know about Lancaster famalam, it's a town of like 500 people and 600 cows.
Yeah, and I'm saying it's not. I've lived in towns of all sizes in Wisconsin, the Southwestern part of the state is hardly representative of anything.

>conservastion clearly pertaining to immigration
>somehow you turn into le ebin site war
Just shut up you dumb bean

Pretty much every state is that way, in Washington the further from the Puget sound you get the more conservative it is with a few exceptions

Law and order is for UTTER faggots. Grow a pair, bitch boy.

>Op asked about conservatives, and they're in the small towns, not the city.
You are obviously unfamiliar with the upper midwest
This is how the 2012 election went in Wisconsin. Note that the vast majority of the state lives in a triangle around Milwaukee, Green Bay and Madison, and the southwest and northwest are the most rural parts

>right to provide for their families
>right
Literally the antithesis of conservative thought.

Perhaps, but my state is bigger than most European countries and I know almost everything about it. What the fuck do they teach them in these small Wisconsin towns?

>your dog pooped on my lawn and i think your daughter is a whore type shit
This is the type of shit I would kill a whole town over, how can you stand it?

culture is a buzzword for," i need new people to get drunk with all the time cause people realize I'm an idiot if they see me more than twice"

Oh yeah, I guess my head was too stuck in memespace

Yeah kind of I guess? But who cares, anyone with a brain and an IQ over 110 is right winged.

Well we're not classified as the south or anything. Check wiki. It's pretty silly. Should get our own designation since we have none.

Booty blasted

>If I could move to New York or LA I would

Oh god, faggot trendy spotted.

If you want culture get the fuck out of the US.

This, like other people have said it's upper-middle class suburbanites who vote conservative here.
Shit that's more important than memorizing the names of hundreds of unincorporated farming communities.

Tbh outside of Texas, California, New York and maybe Florida there is no culture in the US. Just a bunch of human dregs needed to reap the fields.

Not in the slightest, just stating a fact.

How the fuck do you quantify culture? Having a lot of poor people?

Just moved to Chicago and have been exploring the area.

Can confirm that it is super comfy out here. Lots of trees and people are super chill and nice.

When did the political Left lose the hearts and minds of the white working class? What was the combination of factors that lead to the schism? And why does it seem like they've completely stopped attempting to win them over in favor of simply mocking them openly for being stupid and backwards, and then wondering why they rush into the arms of people like Trump?

Artistic and Scientific achievement. Sorry but I don't think you're pig snorting competitions or deep fried butter bars count.

We have a wealth of culture in the US. It's simply that people fail to recognize it.

>there's no culture here I need to go to Europe or Japan
>fuck these immigrants from multiple countries and their culture we're not cultured we're not enlightened HUUUURRRRR

I like the South, once you get past the fact it's haunted.

That's a lot of leading questions there friend. Also the US doesn't have a left wing really. Look it up if you don't believe me.

People seem to miss the point of this episode.

Randy was all smug and looked down on them as dumb and lazy until they replaced him with a gooback.

People don't like losing their jobs, and companies don't like spending money. The whole illegals do jobs Americans don't want is kind of BS. Its more they do jobs for illegally low wages.

Frankly to me it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that we give out welfare, have unemployment and yet people say we NEED illegal immigration.
Although I can see how the population as a whole in California and Texas benefit from unregulated labor.

South sucks. And southern hospitality is a dressed up meme version of midwestern passive aggressiveness. Nothing nice or genuine about it.

>Artistic and Scientific achievement
Please show me a metric that suggest midwesterners aren't good at that. Midwesterners have by far the highest IQs in america on average and do very well scientifically. Art is obviously completely subjective and impossible to quantify

You're right, that was foolish of me. Substitute "political Left" with "Democratic Party".

None of the parties care because it's not within their ethos to care.

I'd say the South has a lot of culture, it doesn't appeal to me personally, but I can't deny it exists. They have their own distinct history, customs, way of speech and outlook on life. Things most Americans would classify as "Southern" not really "white" or "American."

t. Californian

>art is subjective
>flyover culture
youtube.com/watch?v=D40fXVzaU80

Clinton/Trump are pretty left wing, both populist big government authortarian candidates

It's not a matter of caring, really. I don't expect either party to possess anything resembling human empathy, taken as an aggregate. But it feels like the current mentality at play hinders them more than it helps them.

Coastie culture is generic pop rap, midwestern culture is Bon Iver

They forgot that manufacturing in the US is practically dead so they have fewer people to automatically vote for who their union tells them to. That's pretty much it. There were swaths of people who fall into this category across the country who would have only voted for Bernie or Trump based on the results of the primaries, and Trump won out so now this voter base is swinging conservative.

The immigrants tend to have shitty fucking cultures.

Because it's not white. The south has a good chunk of blacks and Latinos running through it. Hicks are just a slice of Southern culture.

>are pretty left wing
Somebody either slept their way through civics, history and philosophy class, or was yet another victim of american """""""education"""""

Texas has culture, the rest do not.

IQ and science aren't really culture or a measurement of it.

I'm saying I agree with him, but what would you define as midwestern culture?

They lost the southern ones when they endorsed the civil rights act. The others are just too stupid to understand how Regan destroyed unions and practiced voodoo.

let's see you call a pig then you fucking pussy

Keep in mind that left and right are relative terms. They may not be leftist compared to Stalin, but as far as a modern capitalist culture should be concerned they are disconcertingly leftist

Midwest culture is just white american culture. Its boring to you because its the standard culture of the civilized world so you don't even notice it

Stop posting, you're embarrassing the rest of the Americans in this thread.

I'd prefer to be more blunt. I'm far more libertarian in my ideals and that hasn't changed for eight years. People have the right to do whatever they want, in privacy or otherwise unless it creates an infringement on rights. However, you don not have the right to FEEL comfortable at any given time. Feelings are subjective and that's why any idea of "safe spaces" or being "triggered" should be rejected. People do not have the right not to be offended mentally/emotionally.

ITT: alt right triggered that their side got made fun of once even though matt and trey have already made fun of everyone and everything besides them

What about New Orleans?
Nashville?
The Appalachians?
They are pretty distinct.

Even though I'd probably lump most of the South into a single culture group save Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana.

Stupid county fairs and shucking corn are not interesting cultural assets even for farmers. Compare midwesterners to the basque for example.

If you are pro keynesian economics and against free markets, you are a leftist, you don't have to be a literal communist to be a leftist

>for once

The Alt-Right is rightfully made fun of by pretty much everyone that isn't alt-right, 100% of the time.

Crushing pills, downing xanax with red wine and shooting up meth is civilized?

>Compare midwesterners to the basque
lol what? Why would that be an instructive thing to do?

Your embarrassing yourself stop.

Your special snowflake ancap definitions hold no weight with the rest of us, user.

Both are mostly rural cultures. The basque are a tiny group and yet their cultural output is massive compared to any flyover nobody.

literally everyone who speaks modern american english refers to the democrats as the left
Stop it with the revisionist semantics

I'm honestly curious, are you saying the Midwest has no culture of its own, and that is culture is just being normal white people?
Because then I'm going to have to agree with the guy.

>Both are mostly rural cultures
The midwest is not a mostly rural culture, its the second most populated region of America after the northeast. Its an industrial culture if anything

>and yet their cultural output
What does this even mean? How do you quantify such an absurd concept as cultural output?

Yes, and how long have the basque existed compared to any non-native cultural group in the United States?

Whenever people make retarded comparisons like this they never take into account that American culture is in relative infancy and has just barely begun to develop.

>modern american english refers to the democrats as the left
No they don't. What the fuck? How lacking in self awareness are you? Do you think people who can speak English outside the US use those dumb meme metrics burgers are infested with. It's s joke everywhere else in the world that your two political parties are basically touching dicks on any world political compass.

Colloquially speaking, sure but in actuality, no.

They are the leftmost party, that does not mean they are not traditionally leftist by any means.

There are plenty of local cultural things in the midwest, but the midwest as a whole is white American culture, its just what you think of when you think America

>has just barely begun to develop
Well even in infancy the coast have already done laps around you faggots if that's the case.

>Do you think people who can speak English outside the US
I pretty clearly stated "American english speakers"
As this is an American site it can be pretty safely assumed that the political terms we use are in American english, not whatever niche local terminology you are gonna say is better

MN here, it's comfy
A lot of the lefties I've dealt with are just misguided christians

>is white American culture, its just what you think of when you think America
No people think Hollywood, the Empire State Building and the Miami club scene. They don't think of some methhead farmer with manfaced daughters.

>they are not traditionally leftist by any means.
They are definitely not classical liberals, which would be the right. They are much closer to the traditional leftists than they are to classical liberalism

>niche local terminology
It's the opposite of niche. It's looking at it from a global historical perspective.

>What is cultural output
What culture do you produce? Not what culture do you belong to. What fashion, art, speech patterns, philosophies have originated from a region.

I know Standard American and Californian English is from the midwest. So there's that.
I also think that's where most of the good rock music is out of.

>circlejerking about your hometown in film and song is culture
Lmao okay

What does that mean?
Sure whites in California, Texas, New England and the Midwest will all share things in common.
But they are hardly the same.

lol at the idea that manufactured bullshit like fashion constitutes culture

Also, the midwest is obviously the most linguistically significant part of America

Not really. If your some retarded ancap who perceives everything left of himself as socialist maybe. Hell I can't even think of the last time a party in the US tried to promote syndicalism or union growth in any serious capacity.

Meth is a bigger problem on the west coast than it is in the Midwest, famalam. It's all about the oxycontin and heroin here. ;^)

Is it? I knew heroin was big here but my next door neighbor got arrested because his house was a meth lab

Fashion is a huge part of culture, what are you talking about?
If I said draw a person from x
I'm sure you'd start with their fashion and dress.

>the most linguistically significant part of America
Fucking no. In america and abroad your accents are a punch line. "Oh geez okay dere"

Unions became obsolete over 50 years ago, but the American left still strongly advocates for them

The fact that America has a federal income tax, and such strongly controlled monetary policy and non stop deficit spending damn leftist in classical terms, just because we are all used to it now doesn't change that

Yeah, it pretty much started around the spike in doctors handing out painkillers like candy, which was a perfect storm for all the people who work in industry who get back and joint problems and shit. Being in close proximity to Chicago doesn't help, either.

I can honestly tell you nobody thinks of the Midwest outside of it being a cold place where drug abuse is rampant due to boredom.

Americans should be selling oranges on the side of the road, right?

>Fashion is a huge part of culture, what are you talking about?
maybe if you are a 16 year old girl

Fashion might have meant something 100+ years ago when cultures were largely isolated from each other, but now its just marketing bullshit for teens

Music, film, literature and so on and so on.

Do you seriously think all or even most Midwesterns have Minnesota accents?

no one wants a fat beaner shoving oranges in front of their face at a free way off ramp, you fucking moron. those people are bums. any orange sold is out of pure pity for the subhuman.

>Also, the midwest is obviously the most linguistically significant part of America
It used to be, because it was so neutral and bland.

Its hardly the most important now though.

Yeah, pic related.

Fresno is responsible for California being so high up btw

>Unions became obsolete over 50 years ago.

oh man

People do actually think that, unfortunately. You can blame the Coen brothers for that because they made Fargo. I'm from Wisconsin and when I go to other parts of the country people can rarely if ever tell where I'm from, it's only when I start saying shit like kiddie corner and bubbler that I get looks.

>Unions became obsolete over 50 years ago
Pfft

The midwest is linguistically significant as it created and distributed the standard american accent. Plus it has the true modern American accent, the Inland north
>inb4 a Californian who can't even differentiate between 'cot' and 'caught' thinks they have a true American accent

Not an argument.

So conservatives reject the US constitution?

So, men in their 20s and 30s dress the same, blacks, whites, southerners, West Coasters and East Coasters all dress the same?

And how they dress says nothing of the culture they belong to?

Not all of us go to Walmart and pick up the XXXL Budweiser t-shirt.

What the fuck possible purpose do unions serve in the modern economy besides whipping up votes for the leftist party?

It is absolutely absurd that you think they still serve a legitimate purpose

In essence yes. Free market types don't believe in a right to "livable" income or employment.

Collective bargaining in terms of contract negotiations at the very least.

>And how they dress says nothing of the culture they belong to?
It says something in certain cases, but it surely cannot be used to quantify how good their culture is. It mostly just suggests stuff about the weather. White people everywhere in America mostly dress the same given the same weather conditions (taking into account that southerners are more used to oppressive tropical black people weather)

I live in Indiana, and some are yeah. You have to look at the smaller towns to find them. The big cities are full of blacks.

Why would that possible be a good thing or worthwhile now. It just fucks over the economy and encourages companies to leave?

See

And Riverside and Bakersfield, I love California. But yeah, we have some shitty places, man. Anywhere more than 45 minutes to the beach is a dump.

hey, no bully.
We also can't distinguish "pen" and "pin" I didn't know they were spelled different until like 5th grade.

Yes

>worthwhile now
Why wouldn't it be? They can exercise a right to free association and strengthen their position at a bargaining table.

You're looking at this through an impossibly self-defeating and cynical lens if you're speaking to the general benefit of society as a whole. You don't believe that employers, especially if they are multi-national, billion dollar entities are entitled to fairly compensate a skilled, and specialized workforce - people who are also citizens?

>all conservatives are libertarian-tier free market shills

by your logic anyone on the left is a full blown communist.

I'm not saying any culture is good or bad. Just that fashion is a part of culture.

>he thinks there's negotiating with corporate america who has far too much political power

LMAO

Maybe if uber-free market and ancap chucklefucks with similar ideals didn't have such a hard-on for free trade agreements over the past few decades that wouldn't be an issue.

Well look at prevailing opinion here

Working remotely from a cheap state is godtier. I still make my silicon valley wage, but pay idaho expenses. Shit is cash if you like saving money.

>They can exercise a right to free association and strengthen their position at a bargaining table
Yeah, thats known as collusion

Also, its not the right of free association when they are required by law to join the union in order to be employed at the company

Just go look what it did to Detroit

Is that Hillary's campaign logo?
It sort of reminds me of this, not sure why, maybe its the H and the arrow thing.

Everything faux-working class that people stereotypically associate with hipsters was taken from how average working class people here dress during the fall and winter. Hell, they even took the PBR with it.

Yeah but you have to live in Idashit. Which is probably cool if you never leave your house, but not so much if you do.

U da hoe

>You don't believe that employers, especially if they are multi-national, billion dollar entities are entitled to fairly compensate a skilled, and specialized workforce - people who are also citizens?
No, I think that happens without the influence of modern unions. People typically get paid what the deserve with a slight adjustment for their personal negotiating skills

So the answer is to give them more power or erode workers rights further?

Because listening to her talk is a harrowing experience.

Dude, its 20 fucking 16, free trade is objectively a good thing, we have had conclusive evidence of this several for generations now. It fucking blows my mind that populists like Trump/Clinton are still against free trade to whip up votes of uneducated poor people

>get paid what the deserve
Sure thing candide. That's why the free market in its eternal wisdom always drives wages down as much as it can for greater profits.

>or erode workers rights further?
Workers are doing well. This is just not an actual problem. The quality of life in the western world is higher than ever, and constantly improving thanks to capitalism, meanwhile violence and crime are at historical lows. This is what capitalism has done for us, trying to fight it is so absurdly retarded that it blows my mind you people exist

>manufacturing going overseas
>moving toward a McJob service-based economy
>cost of education to get into a decent-paying career instead of a McJob higher then ever
Literally commit sudoku

If you have economic value and are an asset , you get paid good. If you put in effort, you get paid good.

>We also can't distinguish "pen" and "pin" I didn't know they were spelled different until like 5th grade.

>We

No, just you. You're a retard.

>That's why the free market in its eternal wisdom always drives wages down as much as it can for greater profits.
The free market drives wages down to the point where people get paid what they are worth, no lower

Collective bargaining doesn't actually help keep in ind. If companies are forced to pay people more they in turn charge more or move. It is always a net loss for the economy

Sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting LALALA IT WORKS FINE IF EVERYBODY THEORETICALLY PLAYS NICE LALALA has no bearing on reality, user.

Come to Nevada! We have gambling/prostitution/nothing-ever-closes culture.

What are you on about? If you prove your worth you will get paid, if you actually do research on what's in demand and become proficient, you'll get paid. Do you think everyone who makes good money just does by luck? Delusion

>The free market drives wages down to the point where people get paid what they are worth
You are literally asking people to dogmatically abide by whatever shit gets put on their plate and to say thank you afterwards.

Nigger you're the delusional one here, that's how it works in theory, not practice.

>Jobs are literally being taken
>Let's make them funny voiced rednecks haha look a rooster does it too

DUDE FENCE SITTING LMAO

No. I'm simply saying there is no real negotiating with these fuck huge corporations. The solution is a more free market, and adjusted market laws so the big leagues can't continue with their monopolies and infinite patents.

You aren't a fucking slave, you get paid what you earn, why would you possibly think you deserve more. Capitalism is defined by mutually beneficial transactions. Both sides agree to what is going on, so the wage falls exactly where it belongs

>The free market drives wages down to the point where people get paid what they are worth
Cronyism and nepotism not exist in your fantasy land? What about layoffs?

That's just feudalism with an extra step added.

FUCK THEM RIGHT?

I'm from WV but right now I'm settling at Florence KY, there's a reason these stereotypes exists

nothing wrong with it though

>Both sides agree to what is going on
It is a totally unequivocally lopsided negotiation. How is that fair by any stretch of the imagination?

No that is how it works. And it worked just like that for a very long time until the left fucked it up by pushing for more government control and taxes.

no, its nothing at all like feudalism, feudalism is just a primitive type of leftism.

>worked just like that for a very long time until the left fucked it up
Lol this nigger thinks the gilded age was a fun time to be a worker. Look up what happened/ lead to miner strikes early on as well.

>It is a totally unequivocally lopsided negotiation
What are you basing this off of? It has objectively worked very well for us all so far

It's fair because people who unironically believe this shit are the ones that people talk about when they say Americans view themselves as temporarily embarrassed millionaires. This feeling of idolizing the large business owners coupled with an autistic lack of empathy with anyone who isn't like them stunts their ability to understand where the other side is coming from in dealings like this.

>feudalism is just a primitive type of leftism
You can't be serious. It's a highly conservative form of government retard.

>This feeling of idolizing the large business owners
Yeah, idolizing your political overlords is way cooler

>these good goy lolbertarians ITT
Gas the libertarians when?

i thought stereotypes only applied to whites and conservatives, and complaining makes you an alt-right sjw (100% of Cred Forumss population)?

No its not. In feudalism the lord controls the entire economy of his land in an undemocratic way, completely analogous to the state in leftism. The organization is a little different where in feudalism the power comes from land, while in leftisim it comes from military control and violence

The Pin-Pen Merger is pretty common in Southern California. No need to be a dick.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_English
>The pin–pen merger is complete in and around Kern County and northern Los Angeles County; speakers in Sacramento either perceive or produce the pairs /ɛn/ and /Jn/ close to each other
I'm from San Diego btw

No it hasn't. Even on paper it's a shit deal. The employers has the luxury of time, capital and choice in their hands to a far larger degree then the worker.

Right, that's why workers were pushed to the point of literally blowing their bosses up with dynamite in an attempt to gain living wages and remotely safe working conditions.
You are literally too autistic to reason with.

Not an argument.

>democracy
>conservative
What a political illiterate you are. You world provably be the only person on the planet to equate the French revolutionaries as conservatives fighting against a leftist monarchy.

But the outcome has been amazing for all of us, quality of life has sky rocketed in the modern capitalist era, wars have nearly ended, technology has advanced at unprecedented rates

Anti - trust laws is what was needed than and is what is needed now. How about in the 50s when people actually got jobs instead of taking out ridiculous loans on an industry the government props up?

>state violence is synonymous with leftism
>belief in a strong state is synonymous with leftism
Pinochet would like a word with you.

French revolutionaries would very certainly be considered conservative by modern standards, they were classical liberals, now know as libertarians

Business owners are the backbone of America, that's what makes the country successful and work. Without those business owners we wouldn't be shit.

>If you prove your worth you will get paid

No. That's fucking bullshit. No one gets paid what they're worth.

>>state violence is synonymous with leftism
um, yeah, thats exactly what leftism is

underrated post

Classical liberals co-opted the term libertarian from the left decades ago.

It could be better. Your selling people on a best of all possible worlds fallacy that doesn't hold up under scrutiny.
Union memberships and union voting were also incredibly higher in the 50s. In fact it was trending upwards until 80s.

This is why the whole left right thing is that useful.

Authoritarianism isn't left or right.

>. No one gets paid what they're worth.
Who the fuck are you to define what people are worth? People get paid what they are worth, that is literally how worth is defined, its just what people are willing to pay you to do stuff

Hahaha. Only a burnout would say this. If you have a valuable skill set that is in demand, you will get paid nicely if you find the job.

You sound like a slave.

>Make the SW brown again

>It could be better
How can you say this?
There is literally no reason to believe that we would be better off without capitalism, its pretty fucking dumb to believe that actually

Which is why Augustus Pinochet deposed a democratically-elected socialist leader in a coup in Chile, right? :^)

Nope. Perhaps you'd care to read the history of the anarchist movement to see how this is disproven at a cursory glance.

Leftists fight each other all the time. Just because one is a leftist doesn't mean he wouldn't be interested in taking power from other leftists

Keep in mind that true leftism is incompatible with democracy

You heard it here first folks. Francisco Franco and Pinochet were leftists.

*Augusto

Not an argument. Without the person who owns the business I work for, I wouldn't have a place to work and wouldn't be getting stable pay.

Leftists are people who do not like freedom. You can't just disregard the ones you don't like because it makes you look bad, the problem is all real leftists make you look really fucking bad as it always goes terrible

getting paid?
man, could you be any more of a slave?

An observation isn't an argument. Like when I observe that you living on the whims and mercy of another hardly makes you a free person.

uh....

You don't even know who Pinochet is, do you? I'm literally crying laughing at you right now, we're done here.
I'm surprised that a lot of people in this thread managed to master breathing on their own.

>Leftists are people who do not like freedom
Jesus Christ I'm arguing with a sophmoric retard who can't help but paint the side he doesn't like with a factually incorrect broad brush.

Then don't bother responding if you have no argument. You live in a fucking fantasy land and I'll bet you're a burnout too. I'm not living on the whims of anyone, I'm making a living working apart of a functioning business.

Leftists think bureaucrats make better decisions than individuals, so decision making should be left up to the state, the antithesis of freedom and classical liberalism

>Leftists think bureaucrats make better decisions than individuals
I implore you. Open a book on the history of anarchism at least once in your fucking life.

>Colorado
>midwest

Anarchism on the government is extremely right winged

Lmao wut

Not at all. Like I said before it's clear you are politically if not absolutely historically illiterate.

Anarchism believes in no government at all, that is extremely right on the political spectrum.

Dude, I'm not even a leftist but you're fucking retarded.

Then again I kind of get the feeling you're trolling or maybe I'm just hoping you are

Can you do anything besides get mad and spout trash? Prove me wrong faggot

Okay, you could have just told us you were retarded from the beginning and saved us all a lot of time.
Pic related, a notorious 20th century right wing extremist.

Thats like....saterical-ception right there

>I have no argument and nothing of worth to say but I'll call you retarded and try to act like I know what I'm talking about

Here you go, read this and branch off from there. I'll have to assume you're trolling if you continue to argue from here.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Workingmen's_Association

At that point anarchism identified more with the left but today they identify more with the right. And all I said was anarchists identify extremely with the right on the subject of the government, which is absolutely correct.

Except none of what you just said is true, faggot. Anarchism is inherently against hierarchy, and capitalism inherently incorporates hierarchy. And as has been stressed multiple times in this thread, authoritarianism is neither a right or left wing concept, it just all depends on how much of an autistic dick you are about your specific beliefs.

No, not it all

>but today they identify more with the right
Untrue both probably inside and most definitely outside America. Ancaps are by far the smallest anarchist group in the world.

Contrary to popular opinion, us redpilled rightists actually care about providing for ourselves and improving society rather than poisoning it with leftist bullshit cancerous fags like people who think South Park is an above shit comedy.

Got triggered by a cartoon huh?

ITT: Lefty/pol/, in an unexpected turn of events, pushes a South Park immigration thread almost to bump limit.

Why don't they just vote for a party that isn't complete shit?

How fucking dense are you? Anarchists without a doubt believe in absolutely 0 government power. This aligns with an extreme right on that stance alone, this is all I said.

I don't know how to possibly explain this to a person who thinks being anti-government is exclusively a right wing concept, so I'm going to just tell you you're wrong and retarded.

You're either trolling or retarded.

>I don't know how to possibly explain this

That's because you can't explain anything you claim to know about, which proves how much of an idiot you are. Leftists are all about a controlled government that keeps things in line to their delusions.

Okay, so you're trolling. You've been provided (by me alone) at least four or five examples of EXTREME leftists whose philosophies could not be construed as anything but anti-authority, and at least two examples of right wing authoritarian dictators that weren't Mussolini or Islamic radicals. Good to know.

wiki.mises.org/wiki/Anarchism

>The first to describe himself as an anarchist was Pierre-Joseph Proudhon,[32] a French philosopher and politician,

Mate, just stop

They're anti-authority, anti government while also having a mutual respect with others and that people can handle themselves. Most anarchists today come to terms with private property, today anarchists can be categorized as an extreme right. You just keep on responding with wiki articles and philosophers who were alive in the 1800s because you have an inability to actually think.

>the other are ILLEGAL

They're UNDOCUMENTED CITIZENS.

No they haven't. Off the top of my head Noam Chomsky comes to mind in terms of big contemporary thinkers. There's also this

>That's where the culture happens.

It's a really terrible culture you don't want any involvement in, trust me.

I work in the construction industry and yes, blue collar workers basically do live up to this stereotype somewhat.

>Literally every lunchroom conversation
>Bullshit they repeat 1 for 1 from Fox News, Xenophobic shit about immigrants, their rap.. I mean "sexual escapades" they took part in on the weekend while they were "totally wasted" or Football.

Literally every single lunch room conversation i've heard in the past 8 years.

According to my dad who has been in the construction game since the 1960s, it was not always like this, Blue Collar workers actually used to be very left wing until around the 1980s when the Unions were brutally crushed. My dad talked about how lunch rooms were always filled with political agitation, debates on workers rights and things like that, now it's all gone because they've been brainwashed by the media and only care about sport.

Your post made me sad because I know it's true and indicative of current American laborers.

Maybe because nothings changed unchecked immigration is an issue of workers rights?

>Blue Collar workers actually used to be very left wing

So because they discussed workers rights they were also not racists/rapists?

>sports bad
>calling sex stories rape stories
>xenophobia bad

I don't even like watching sports or drinking and I know you're a faggot.

Oregon bro it got culture. Believe me. It got culture big league

>sports bad

Sport is boring as fuck, especially when literally every conversation every day is about it.

>calling sex stories rape stories

Because they're often quite literally, sexual assault/rape stories "I drove this girl out 5 miles out of town and told her to spread em or walk", it's rape.

>xenophobia bad
Immigration has little to do with unemployment for white working class people. Reduction in ROP and lack of investment is what is strangling the economy and job availability. Not to mention, the current work day is antiquated, seriously the work day should be 4-6 hours. Not 8.

I'm not a free trade agreement supporting asshole, don't presume me to belong to the capitalist globalist agenda.

>Break the law
>Have the right to provide for you family over a law abiding citizen
No siree, Paco.

You need to be a citizen to be a citizen. They're illegal immigrants. We need to make it impossible for people without US citizenship to get a job or welfare in the US, they'll go back on their own and fix their own fucking country instead of fucking up ours.

>Anarchist
Aaand opinion discarded

But they're not really making fun of "a side", they're making fun of people who are doing very poorly economically and have tried to latch on to an explanation for it, it just seems kind of mean spirited.

>lefties want minimum wage raised
>also don't want anything to be done about the huge numbers of people currently in the country working for below minimum wage
The right's got it's problems but the left really does seem to have just lost their marbles, can they not see how their approach to these two issues contradict each other?

>The organization is a little different where in feudalism the power comes from land, while in leftisim it comes from military control and violence
M8 have you ever heard of something called a "knight"? It was all about military control and violence back then, it's always been about military control and violence. To quote Mao "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.".

>There is literally no reason to believe that we would be better off without capitalism, its pretty fucking dumb to believe that actually

There's also no reason to think that none of the things you described would've happened without capitalism and it's pretty dumb to believe that. You really telling me antibiotics were discovered DIRECTLY because of the fact we had a capitalist economic system? That Moore's Law is a direct result of a capitalist economic system? A lot of the achievements people try to claim for capitalism are just technological advancement that could've just as easily happened under a socialist government, even in countries as terminally screwed up as the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany they still technological advancement, capitalism just doesn't have a monopoly on it.

so what episode is this from finally?

> Open a book on the history of anarchism
>history of anarchism
But that's all anarchism is now; history. It's a fucking dead movement taken over by stupid edgy teenagers who are too cowardly to just go full nazi in order to shock their parents.