Can we talk about this?

Can we talk about this?

youtube.com/watch?v=yMxQEJh-sxQ

Why is this absolute shit acting okay? And why does everyone lap it up?

I don't watch the show but came across this video and I can't watch it without feeling completely embarrassed.

Gotham is supposed to be over the top, you're an idiot for getting bootyblasted over a camp performance.

I can just see you fuming as you watch the 60s Batman or random WWE matches.

You're a bitch

This isn't deliberately campy this is simply bad acting

I feel like I'm watching someone try to act like the Joker, this is the most jarring performance I have seen in a long time. If you search online people defend him all over saying "He's supposed to be overacting!!!!"

cause i'm da joker baby!

it's pretty good though, campy as fuck.

A certain level of campiness is really enjoyable in a comic book setting, if done right (really easy to accidentally go too much). Both Kingpin and Purple Man in the netflix series are riding that campiness line in their portrayal and how over the top they are.

This gets even more praise, as of recently, just because Leto's Joker was so bland. They committed the one sin in portraying the Joker. They made him boring.

I love Gotham and think it nails the the camp noir tone down perfectly to he actors (especially Penguin / Alfred / Hugo / Harvey), lighting and sets. But I wasn't wowed by the kid who played Jerome. He's not awful but he certainly didn't stand out, I don't understand the praise from the normies for him.

This guy actually believes he's the Joker more than Leto did during the shooting of SS. Embarrassing, considering he's "method" too as per his words.

He'll always be the insufferable ginger faggot from Shameless desu. His "I'm the best Joker I did research hear my awesome laugh" schtick reeks of desperate attention seeking.

this show right here, watch it b/c a huge Batman fan of course.

BUT the show is crazy, it is a mixture of really bad acting and good acting that go in well with the Batman universe. It just works lol

Personally, I hope they can keep this shit good until the little Bruce Wayne actor playing him grows up.

I like him, that's exactly what a young joker is supposed to be, an annoying little shit.

he's fucking awful in shameless, as well. his fake laughter is one of the worst i've seen on television.

I completely disagree with you guys. I love comic book heroes and films and I see every one that I can. Leto's joker was great despite the """damaged""" tattoos. I thought that was well done.

This annoying kid should be re-cast, I can't believe he is even in the show

I can't stand Shameless because of him and the ginger yonger sister.

cracks me up everytime

This.
The show is really campy and bad, but it has some diamonds.
I personally loved jerome and his fake joker arc, i liked it more that a lot of other jokers even.

Lared's Joker was terrible. Now, whether that's the fault of Leto or the director/studio, I don't know. Maybe they cut out all the stuff that would've made him interesting.

The way he was portrayed in the movie, you could've taken off all the make-up and hair dye, not call him the Joker, and you would barely bat an eye.

the part where his voice didnt match the lips was annoying.

>that's exactly what a young joker is supposed to be

isn't he dead in the show

are you trying to say a young joker is supposed to be dead?

I think it was a way to make him more grounded in reality but appropriately campy. More flamboyant than the "actually just crazy" Heath Ledger joker, more realistic because he acted like an actual gangster than a Looney Tunes villain, and a good throwback to the Nicholson joker.

If Heath Ledger didn't do such a fantastic job this would've been my favorite joker

>good throwback to the Nicholson joker
Leto's joker possesses zero of Nicholson's gravitas in the role, and it didn't have anything that elevated it into real "joker territory" the way the Smilex commercial did in the original movie.

I love me some Mark Hamill Joker, but that one scene still one of the best "Joker" moments in any non-comic medium.

Comic books are supposed to be campy as fuck, not edgy grimdark trash, get Ledger's cock out of your mouth for one second

Heath Ledger Joker wasn't even that close to how you've seen Joker portrayed previously in the comics, but it was "out there" and interesting enough that it STILL worked as a great Joker portrayal.

Leto held back way too much in all his scenes (or the movie was edited poorly, who knows). Nicholson made a much better "gangster" joker, and still rode the line well.

Besides him being in one of those vats and obviously revived, they never explicitly say that he's THE joker more like a predecessor as we've seen in the ending of his saga.

Leto laughing while firing the golden AK out of the back of the helicopter was top-notch and I felt like it was a good throwback to Nicholson

I understand what you guys are saying, I just don't feel it. Like user said about Heath Ledger's joker being much different but it still worked, this was the same.

A re-imagining of a familiar character that worked really well in its universe (imo)

Campy is good fun, on the other extreme the Dark Knight trilogy was great comic characters in a grimdark setting. I like both sides of it, I just can't stand this horrible try-hard actor

>I don't watch the show but came across this video and I can't watch it without feeling completely embarrassed.

Fucking austism.

I still think Leto has it in him to do well, it just wasn't in this movie at all.

Hopefully the studio didn't kill his desire on the role any, but he honestly seems horribly disappointed in what they did which his scenes from statements he's made

Fuck you, OP. Monaghan is like Ledger and Nicholson combined and his return will be amazing.

>his return
explain

they hint at this? might actually make me watch the show again

>hugo is resurrecting people left, right and center
>jerome's body is literally in his lab along with the other bodies he eventually resurrected
>literally hear him laughing when the freaks are released from the bus in the season 2 finale
>producers have literally said hes coming back
Jesus christ, are you for real?

This is so bad lmao
Honestly outside of the 4 anons who watch this shit show no one really cares about this twink's awful acting, so it's okay.

I haven't watched in awhile and haven't been keeping up with news about the show. Believe it or not, a lot of people didn't stick around.

Yes I'm for real.

I think they low-key got fed up with his shit acting so they made the Joker an """idea""" so they can get a better actor to play him down the road

Joker was not resurrected from the dead by Hugo Strange, that would be so non-canon and a travesty for them to do

Still better than Eisenberg.

If you're worried about anything being in-line with "canon" in the Gotham tv show, I've got bad news for you...

>that would be so non-canon and a travesty for them to do
Batman has so many different versions of the canon with alternate, rebooted etc etc universes I would not be surprised if at one point in one version, in one universe Strange resurrected The Joker. Caring about the canon of the Batman series in relation to this show is retarded.

In any case I don't believe the plan is to make Jerome the Joker.

Someone here once said that Gotham doesn't have the rights for 'The Joker' which explains why they're going this route with not going with anything concrete. That user didn't back it up with any sources though.

the joker just gets cooler and cooler the less makeup and clown qualities he has!

1:52-2:00 he is painfully self-aware that he is being filmed

No way, Eisenberg as Lex is bad casting of a good actor, this guy is just shit

One of the cringiest performances I've ever seen

Gotham is just live action Muppet babies

OP is right and your a massive faggot along with anyone who thinks gotham has any value

are you this desperate to talk about Jerome, thread after thread just give it up

>your

Pretty bad. I've never seen Gotham, and now I know not to.

You are a faggot. Fixed it

>it

>thread after thread
>one thread with continuing discussion

>i don't watch the show but it's shit

wtf that was cool as fuck.

I watch the show, and I thought he was complete shit, because he was.

You're the reason everything on tv is terrible now

This

>Quarry
>leftovers
>mr robot
>rectify
>WAHHH EVERYTHING IS SHIT!

sorry you can't appreciate capekino

So is this show any good? It looks kind of silly.

It is silly, but it's fun

>>mr robot
muh "and then i woke up"
so deep

I've seen better wigs on cosplayers.

>Declan Morgan the acting is fucking amazing as he depicts the joker as a young person is so perfect, the suicide squad was fucking terrible. You're definetly and 10 year old kid who knows nothing about acting. Your opinion is very wrong.

Fucking nerds.

you're underage.

You have shit taste.

Jerome was such shit, I can't believe most Gotham fans actually like that ginger fuck. They had to though cause most normie batman fans only give a fuck about muh joker.

shut the fuck up child

It's basic cable TV. None of it is good.

S2 part 2 >>> S1 part 1>>> S2 pt 1>>>S1 pt 2>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>> S3 pt1

prove me wrong

If someone calls someone on the internet a 10 year old that means they are probably 15

IT'S BRUCE SCISSORHANDS!

I AM ACTIIIIIING!

>when barbara punched him in the face
it looked so bad, what were they thinking ?