What's the final consensus on him?

What's the final consensus on him?

I kinda like john boyega and think he would do a great job in dindukino roles, but i really didn't like finn at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C-DeI3ohVbY
youtube.com/watch?v=Sgr2wQiqBpw&list=PL11E6A8DB20BFE89C&index=4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Completely unbelievable from a story perspective.

He didn't get much to work with but still the best character in TFA.

Look at that badass promotional finn compared to the actual product. Kek

Should have been the protagonist. Write him to be a competent, though not flawless, character instead of comic relief and that would alleviate a number of TFA's problems.

boring and unneccessary role. ugabuga is likeable tough.

He's amazing with a lightsaber.

I wish it was him who was the real Jedi and not Rey.

At least Finn had a character arc whilst Rey had nothing after all she is a Mary Sue.

1) It makes no sense that they'd let anyone who'd pussy out on some kind of simple suppress & murder mission be a legit storm trooper
2) His presence is superfluous when the film already has a much cooler male character (Poe) who disappears randomly until the third act so that Finn can be awkwardly shoved into the lead male role
3) He was just too goofy, I expected him to yell "BOOYAH!" like Cyborg from Teen Titans at some point.

Right? I thought he was going to be a battle-hardened stormtrooper who sees how evil the FO is when he sees stuff he isn't supposed to see, decides to take them down and is on the run from them.

But lel first day of battle school! Just practice your shooting on these unarmed villagers until 3 and kylo ren will be here to check up on you and give some pointers.

>pussy out

>run away a useless moron and leech off of people way more competent at life than you

>except at shooting because youre a dindu

Boyega and Isaacs were the only good part of the movie

All the white people were awful.

>Finn

the entire time I was thinking, "wouldn't the First Order have terminated this nigga for being a pussy?" I then remembered that movie with Kurt Russell where he was a soldier who was trained since he was a kid to be a killing machine. they had activities where they were forced to watch animals being slaughtered and shit, and the ones who can't stomach that are taken away and removed from the program.

that really bothered me. it might have helped if he wasn't the only Stormtrooper and there were others who had reservations as well. think that might've made things more interesting if a bunch of his old mates revolted during the final act and helped blew up the DeathStar/Planet thing.

Harrison delivered a 10/10 performance. Leia's role absolutely sucked. She needed more screen time or for her to be written better. She was so bland and her costumes made her unnappealing.

Yes I know the actress has aged but TRY to do her make up well. I did kinda like her costume she wore at the end of the film but we only saw her in that for 30 seconds.

That would be sick. Short backstory about his squad and tr8-tr would be nice.

I liked him, I thought his chemistry with Oscar Isaac was great and the few scenes that they had together in the beginning when Finn helped Po escape was easily my favorite part of the movie. I wish the other characters got scrapped and the whole movie was just Finn and Po going on an adventure.

Be quiet, grannyfucker.

>dindukino
it's pronounced apekino you pleb.

can't wait to see him tear open that tiny spic's pants and ride him like an upside down kentucky derby. gonna shoot my load all over my hillary clinton sweatshirt.

That was Finn's first real battle at the start of the film. Hence why Kylo senses Finn after the slaughter "oh this guy is different from the others" but Kylo was too obsessed with getting the map to Luke to do anything about Finn.

I find it cool how he and Finn battle at the end of the film and I hope he battles him again when he comes back in Episode 8 with his back repaired after Kylo almost killed him

>asking for Leia to wear better clothing in TFA implies that I am a grannyfucker
da fuck?

Finn and Rey made the movie for me. Daisy wasn't an amazing actor, I would say she was terrible in most cases. But she was still fun. Boyega was much better, not perfect but better. And fun.

>make the granny sexier
>she was almost sexy in that one outfit
>make her sexier

I don't consider it canon

>Daisy wasn't an amazing actor, I would say she was terrible in most cases. But she was still fun.
Some of her scenes were badly acted such as webm related.

Why is she smiling when she almost tried to kill Finn and now she is communicating with him for the first time? Not to mention that he grabs her hand and suddenly she gets so pissed and says "LET GO OF MY HAND" yet she is smiling here...

Then for white people it's 'pigkino' or 'ratkino'.

Apes are way more badass than those. Would you see war for the planet of the pigs? Or rise of the planets of the rodents?

>Star Wars Lucas Universe
>Star Wars Disney Universe
Problem solved

>inb4 the prequels are not a part of the Lucas universe
get fug

I really didn't like how everything had to be a joke. There was no tension or any kind of tone to the movie.

I don't blame the actors for it, it's just a fad that's hopefully going to die soon. I blame Joss Whedon for ruining modern blockbusters

You can blame Abrams for it too. Nu-Trek came out before The Avengers.

This. It worked beautifully in the avengers, but it should have been a one-off idea.

Now it has evolved into something worse. Finn turned it into a literally disney channel production every time he spoke

I like the prequels though

This, everything he did was clearly driven by plot and not motivation.

They even try to make him "run away" and at the end of the same scene he comes back.

I like his interaction with Poe, but man I really don't like the character or Rey's character.
ESPECIALLY Rey's character.

She's playing hard to get.

>Please don't rape me, you silly dindu!

terrible token black in our SJW pandering PC-friendly revival of a beloved franchise

Attack of the Clones is so underrated

>I really didn't like how everything had to be a joke.

This, you see a guy murder your best friend and the first thing you do is "okay who talks first you or me"
Would it kill them to write a little after shocks of emotion?

imagine if leia saw alderaan get blown up and then gets dragged away and starts yelling "and your attack dog smells bad too!"

This. Rey really came off as a mary sue near the end of the movie. Finn was problematic, but he was the most interesting part of the movie. The rest of it just felt glum and blah.

>tfw no galactic winnebago adventures featuring Finn the Human and Poe the Pilot

>TRAITOR!

Was there something going on between Kylo and the janitor or what?

Finn betrayed the Order you pleb

Finn would've been better if there was more of
>You don't know a thing about me. Where I'm from. What I've seen. You don't know the First Order like I do.
and less of
>YOU GOT A BOYFRIEND??? A CUTE BOYFRIEND??

Yeah but Ben seemed really heartbroken and distraught that his own janitor would betray him.

I thought Finn was the best character in the movie. Sometimes the director made him be a little too "funny" at times, but Finn was a good, solid dude. The part where he takes Rey's hand and runs from the soldiers was great.

The entire movie should have been about Finn and Poe having awesome adventures against the First Order, Rey was entirely unnecessary.

He was projecting his own hatred and self-loathing for having been a traitor to his father.

Bravo Nolan.

Question, who is the main character and whose the protagonist?

I honestly can't tell.

can you get sunburnt from holding those lightsabers too close to your face like that?? Well, I mean if a white person did it anyways

>dindukino
Made me kek, faggot.

That part reminded me of Anakin, it was the only good part of the movie.

I dunno, didnt feel much connection to any of the characters to bee honest.

He felt like a toned down 90s black comedic relief character (think chris tucker on downers)

What was his characters significance to the story again?

Why is kylo the only character with goals and wants through the entire movie?

Finn was Ben's black bull

>it was the only good part of the movie.
The opening scene (apart from Poe's quip) was a 10/10

Then it basically went down hill

Pretty much this. He was at least relatable and has room for growth.

He's just a regular guy caught up in shit that's way over his head and most of his scenes are just him struggling with his general lack of ability. He can't use the force, he isn't that great with a blaster or a lightsaber, he's not an awesome pilot.

But he still decides to help his friends rather than run. His scenes with Poe were pretty much the best character interactions in the movie. You could've completely removed Rey from it and they could've still easily carried the film.

My favorite prequel is Episode one.

Attack of the Clones is the worst big budget movie I have ever watched. It's definitely the worst of the seven star wars movies. Probably the worst Star Wars anything, including the Christmas special.

When Hux talked about his Stormtroopers trained from birth I thought of Beasts of No Nation, that scene where they make the boys kill the unarmed engineer, to see if they could.

I can think of no way Finn made it to adulthood in an objectively evil organisation fully trained & mentally sound.

boyega is cool and he seems to like star wars. He is a decent actor

Finn is a pointless character who had almost no development in the story. His character also made no sense; why was he the ONLY stormtrooper to defect? I thought they were raised from birth or indoctrinated? If not, why was he the only one feeling iffy about it? If he served under the First Order willingly, he must have had friends in the army or had some connection to them. Why did he immediately switch from troubled stormtrooper unsure of what the First order was fighting for to whooping about how he was murdering all his fellow stormtroopers? Why did he immediately throw in with the Resistance? Surely there is an area between not being sure if your side is the right one and wanting to throw in with the enemy that I presume has murdered a bunch of your comrades. His premise showed promise but they threw it in the fucking garbage. Fucking tragic really

He was painfully unfunny, and almost all his quips fell flat and felt forced and out of place in star wars while the quips or jokes by people like Poe and Han seemed okay and funny. Not to mention his humor also broke the tension of a lot of the scenes.

His lightsaber fight with Kylo Ren was pretty good, I liked it more than Rey's.

Overall I didn't think he was a very good character or a positive in the movie. Then again, after trying to force myself to like it coming out of the theater, I realized I didn't really like a whole lot about this movie

>JJ Abrams literally said he hates white people and tries to promote race mixing and diversity whenever possible

Man, you described my thoughts completely.

I felt a real 'star wars' vibe with Finn in the same way as Luke. A normal guy that's seemingly in over his head. I was thinking they were gonna do another character build-up like they did with Luke, but nope he just fucking gets his spine eviscerated and Rey utterly destroys Kylo in prequel fashion.

Chances are Finn gets degrassi'd and ends up the wheelchair nerd.

the only good things to come out of the force awakens were kylo, hux, bb8, and poe

and poe is only in there because he didn't have enough time to be fucked up

han was good too but he didnt make it out :^)

why was episode 7 so disappointing bros?

>Chances are Finn gets degrassi'd and ends up the wheelchair nerd
Boyega was working out a lot in preparation for his scenes in episode 8. Odds are he gets a cool robo spine or something.

Luke was never in over his head in ANH. He made a few dumb mistakes because he was a bored teen but he was forced out of his home and didn't have much of a choice but to follow his brand new destiny that came out of nowhere lol.

In empire he was though.

I just don't understand why they need to make him look as niggerish as possible. It's like he was cast based on his giant gorilla nose and smackin' lips.

Why does it matter? Can the character only be ages by a black guy whose dick you want to suck or?

Boyega played the role fine.

They cast him because he's a good actor you retard. The concept art for Finn is a white guy.

War of the planet of the pigs sounds fucking dope you nigger.

>lol.

Fuck off reddit

>why isn't there a middleground
You'd love Knights of the Old Republic II.

>I only want the handsomest niggers in my movie

Fuck off cuck

>but he was forced out of his home and didn't have much of a choice but to follow his brand new destiny that came out of nowhere

That is one of the basic definitions of 'in over your head'.

Literally the happy slave. The good Toby. Named by the white character.

he and kylo ren are the freshest parts of the movie

>Oscar Isaac
>white

In over your head usually means being cocky and doing something you really aren't qualified for, like Finn

Yeah because he was supposed to be white but JJ wouldn't have that.

>We wrote these characters but when we went to cast it, one of the things I had felt, having been to the Emmys a couple times — you look around that room and you see the whitest fucking room in the history of time. Its just unbelievably white. And I just thought, we’re casting this show and we have an opportunity to do anything we want, why not cast the show with actors of color? Like not for sure, and if we can’t find the actors who are great, we shouldn’t, but why don’t we make that effort because it wasn’t written that way and isnt that the cooler version of doing this as opposed to saying ‘this is an urban show’. It fucking kills me when they call something ‘an urban movie’ like its a separate thing, like ‘its that thing over there.’

I really didn't like any character in tfa, even the old ones like Han. I honestly tried to like the film when I saw it opening night. I just couldn't lie to myself.

There's no conflict to his character, he sorta runs away but runs to rescue Rey but not to defeat the First Order. The characterization is too thin to make him interesting. The bits Boyega knocked out were his fear and decision to rescue Poe

I hope they do make Rey the villain and those two become our heroes.

god I hate JJ

I hope rey and finn both die so we can have the adventures of luke and kylo

the mere fact they are continuing a story that already reached it's conclusion.

Imagine if someone said there were too many jews in that room.

It might have been JJ's directing but I honestly dont think he's a good actor. He had moments to me that seemed like a performance you would see on a disney channel sitcom.

It should have just been a remake for the retards of today, then everyone could be happy.

okay fun forgettable blockbuster. I don't understand people who expected from JJ something different.

I thought the quote was:

>Yeah, originally Finn was supposed to be white but when I first saw Bondingo, I felt his massive presence and let me tell you that wasn't the only thing that was MASSIVE. He had the hugest lips, I just had to have him, big lipped Swahilis are big in Hollywood nowadays and I wagered a dollar I could turn Bodjanga into an actor or whatever... You're not recording this are you?

He went a bit too far desu

For white people it's actually "humankino" or just "kino" for short

Already said that but yeah

No one gives a fuck what you said reddit.

They ruined his credibility by making him a childhood conscript who had been with the First Order for most of his life. With that many years to train and brainwash him, you would fully expect a ruthless automaton who follows orders and kills without much difficulty. Instead, we got a pretty well-adjusted and decent guy who flips on the First Order almost without hesitation. They could've solved this problem by making him someone who was conscripted only recently and wasn't into the whole slaughtering civilians and blowing up planets thing.

All that being said, I found him to be a more relatable and endearing character than Rey because he actually had some semblance of a character arc and was prone to screwing up and making bad decisions while still having heart. I'd rather he had been the main character because Rey was such a boring godawful Mary Sue.

This is a good lightsaber fight. No spinning backflips or jump kicks, just two guys trying to beat the other down with laser swords.

The south is dead u racist pussy

Attack of the Clones is one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life. It's an embarrassment on every single level.

Oh I didn't see that post. Glad someone else agrees.

You mean one guy trying to beat the other one down

Is this some Bizarro version of Raimiposting?

Where i'm from the south is doing extremely well.

I feel like the story would have flown better without him

Fuck I can't tell either. You'd think Finn was the protagonist because from the beginning to the end the movie follows him and Rey doesn't appear until 20 minutes in and doesn't get much more, if any more, screentime compared to Finn. Yet since she's the Force sensitive person who is going to train under Luke, it seems like she's the main character, but if you stop and think about it, she's really not very important. She finds BB-8 and gets him off Jakku, doesn't even get him to the Resistance, gets captured, escapes, then finds Kylo and fucks him up. She did nothing to defeat the Starkiller base, and even defeating Kylo was pointless other than saving Finn.
It really seemed like the promotional material presented him as the main character, even the writing seems to favor him with an actual backstory and motivations, and he's around for the entire movie.

Fuck, Ep7 really dropped the ball on presenting a solid single protagonist. It's the prequels all over again.

haven't seen the movie, but i have to agree. didn't expect the fights to be semi-realistic.

We're all in agreement, right?

V > IV > VI > I > III > II

Episode I may have Jar Jar and kid Anakin, but it doesn't have whiney sexual predator Anakin, queen-turned-docile-housewife Amadala, or fuckwitted Jedi council who can't figure out who the obvious traitor is. Episode I also has podracing and Duel of the Fates Darth Maul fight.

Also, where does VII fit in?

VII = IV

:^)

V > VI > III =/> IV > VII > II = I

>You'd think Finn was the protagonist because from the beginning to the end the movie follows him and Rey doesn't appear until 20 minutes in and doesn't get much more, if any more, screentime compared to Finn.

Finn is kind of like R2D2, the comic relief sidekick that's with us from start to finish and who gets to do a few important things but who is clearly not the hero.

I'm hoping for a clever TWEEST in which Finn is shown to be the true protagonist. It would be nice to avoid another Jedi circlejerk.

I would agree with this order, and put VII about on par with I.

That fight was retarded. A fucking useless stormtrooper goes toe to toe with a trained force user.

>they need to make him look as niggerish as possible

That's how his face looks, they didn't put prosthetics on him. The only possible thing they could have done was give him a better hairstyle, and he came out against getting his hair straightened like Lando.

Fuck yourself consensus faggot.

were you watching the fucking movie? He's totally outclassed and barely does anything to Kylo. It's like Luke and Vader from Empire. And in the end Finn gets his shit kicked in and Kylo is laughing

Except R2D2 is pretty much a non-character while Finn is; Luke was also the first major character introduced after Leia and Leia was obviously not the main character. Finn was also instrumental in taking down Starkiller. If he's not the hero, who is? Fucking Rey who only found BB-8 and defeated Kylo when it was irrelevant?
It'd be nice but it's not happening. It's on the same level as nice but not happening as Rey turning Darkside and Kylo turning Light.

that literally didn't happen you are delusional.

Vader was playing with Luke to see what he had. He didn't want to kill him. Kylo wasn't testing Finn out. It should have been over before it started.

Kylo was super fucked up emotionally and physically; he wasn't giving his all because he didn't want to and wanted to fuck around with Finn. After Finn got a hit on him he ended the fight.

How does someone with no lightsaber experience standup to a fucking sith apprentice? Oh yeah, it's TFA.

Kylo repeatedly has Finn in a position where he can kill him and doesnt. He throws finn on the ground twice and just walks away or stands back. He has his fucking crossguard next to his neck. He suffers no wounds from Finn and in the end slices his back open

if you want to be angry about something get mad about how Rey, who is equally untrained in lightsabers as Finn and who should be equally outclassed, ACTUALLY goes toe to toe with Kylo and in the end after some magical "close your eyes classic star wars music plays" time, she suddenly is beating him handily for no reason. I know I'm still mad about that

I mostly just wanted to see people talk about the four newest movies and how they compare. Stating opinions as fact usually works, but people don't care enough about the prequels to type out a response about which one is or isn't the best.

Kylo blocks a couple of wild swings then immediately has Finn on the defensive. He wins the fight a few seconds later.

Kylo aint all that, either. He's still young and makes stupid mistakes, he doesn't really have a mentor figure to teach him how to use the Force properly either. Stopping blaster bolts in midair is cool but his interrogation technique hit a brick wall when he tried it on a Force sensitive, then he lost his composure and had to go jerk off to calm down.

He's a Vader fanboy who grew up practicing Force tricks in his bedroom and likes to wear scary cloaks and masks to distract from how much of a beta he is.

Why the fuck would he do that though? He just wanted the lightsaber.

>TRAITOR

>in your face slavery backstory commentary
>making sure to emphasise to the audience that he chose to leave during his first ever combat
>on the nose nazi sybmolism of the first order, even more so than the very LIGHT assumptions of the original trilogy had
>absolutely zero reason why Rey should care about him at any point in the film
>much less at the end to kiss him based on what took place on screen

>It's like Luke and Vader from Empire

Vader was holding a lot back and trying to gauge Luke's strength because he wanted him alive to take to the Emperor. Once he decided to end the fight, he defeated Luke in just a few short moments, and Luke actually knew a thing or two about lightsabers and the Force by this point, having trained with both for some length of time on his own and with Yoda.

Finn is just a dude who trained with guns. In a fight against an experienced swordsman with considerable skill in the Force, there is no reason why he should have been alive after even 10 seconds. Kylo had no reason not to just hack him to pieces and take Rey prisoner.

why do you think I'm not mad about that either?

>handily for no reason
Kylo is heavily wounded, a bowcaster hit is no joke.

that line was retarded too.

Didn't a bowcaster blow shit up in another scene? Do you have to charger it up for greater damage or something?

This was a weird bit. Throughout the movie we see Chewie's hugely powerful bowcaster fucking up armored men, even launching them in the air from near misses, causing explosions all over the damn place. Then Kylo takes a solid hit in the torso and walks it off.

Dark side be damned, either the bowcaster was low on batteries or Kylo should have had his limbs separated from his body by the hit.

you can rationalize it all you want, the fact is watching the scene, one second he has the upper hand and has had the upper hand the entire fight--he is moving faster, his blows are stronger, and she is on the defensive even after he has had the wound for several minute--and the next, after some plot magic, she pulls the rug out from under him IMMEDIATELY and beats him

it was cheap and fucking stupid and a really disappointing end to what was a pretty good fight, even if Rey shouldn't have been able to compete in the first place

>Light assumptions
>Officers dress like the SS
>the soldiers are literally called Stormtroopers

I think the most heinous thing about the speech was how nonsensical it was. What the fuck was Hux talking about? Who thought a bunch of rambling and big words made for a good speech? How does this have any impact at all when we know nothing about the First Order?

He's a guy who recieved training from Luke and Snoke. Finn even getting a hit on him is bullshit. Lucky it wasn't tr8r that deflected or he'd already be dead.

>we know nothing about the First Order

First Order = Empire surrogate
Resistance = Rebel Alliance surrogate

You know, because the Star Wars story finished but we need to make more movies anyway

But why is he the regular guy, not Poe? He's supposed to be a soldier trained from birth to be a killing machine, he should start the movies as totally unrelatable and then gradually become normal

Maybe he could protect himself from the full blast?
Kylo has been shown to be able to stop laser blasts.

come on now

Except:
Empire = Evil oppressive empire that controls the galaxy
Rebellion = good people who fight against the Empire

Switching the names just causes confusion. What order are they the first of? Who is the Resistance resisting? What is the Republic like and why does the First Order hate them if they're not even actually remnants from the Empire?

I hope Chewie gets to pull Kylo's arms off. Dude deserves to get a little payback.

I tried to explain that to my pleb friends but no one wants to hear it.

I don't understand what the fuck they were thinking just making a new fucking rebellion with no context on who they were rebelling

why the fuck are you the resistance if the republic is in power

wouldnt the first order be the resistance? That's a cooler idea, to switch the roles

but no, they had to make rebels = good guys AGAIN

fuck JJ and Disney and fuck the masses for letting it all slide

like Nux from mad max

They didn't even give him a few seconds with leia at the end, he's not getting anything.

Last year you guys were all shitting yourselves and throwing sperg fits that Finn would be
1. A non clone stormtrooper
2. A dindu main hero
3. A jedi

Now that the dust has settled you are all changing your minds and wishing he was the main hero?

It's funny because it's like they switched the names. After the Rebellion succeeded and toppled the Empire, the former group should have adopted some official sounding government name, while those that had RESISTANCE to moving on from the imperial status quo and sith rule should have been branded dissidents. But hey, then it wouldn't be a big fucking reboot of the first movie.

It just seems so simple. You have an easy trio of main characters for the story

Finn - cynical stoic, knows about the FO and wants to escape them
Rey - naive idealist who wants to explore/have a family
Poe - cocksure pilot, knows about the Resistance, wants to fight and complete his mission

it's so basic

Now that you mention it, they could have done more to make him seem like he's just escaped indoctrination, either serious stuff or comic relief stuff.

>Finn has trouble remembering people's names so he has to think of them as serial numbers, R-E-Y etc
>Never had food that isn't basic rations before
>Never had booze before
>Trying to do calisthenics in the Millenium Falcon
>A hand to hand fight scene where he expertly strikes every weak spot in a Stormtrooper's armor

I remember reading some post from here explaining the backstory that was written in the novelization. Apparently the Republic made peace with the Remnants of the Empire and they've kinda fucked off to their own part of the galaxy. Part of the peace was disarmament which the Republic was really anal about because they didn't want to become the new Empire. The First Order are basically terrorists secretly supported by the Empire and the Resistance are a group of rebels in Imperial territory who are secretly supported by the Republic to bring the rest of the Empire down without resulting to war again.

I have no idea if it's true but it makes sense. The only part that doesn't make sense is WHY THIS WASN'T FUCKING EXPLAIN IN THE OPENING CRAWL

THE OPENING CRAWL WAS FUCKING USELESS WHEN IT COULD'VE PREVENTED A LOT OF CONFUSION

Isn't Finn basically a janitor and that scene in the beginning was the very first time he's actually seen combat?

exactly, Finn should have been a disciplined badass who's the fighter in the group. He gets his ass kicked more than any other character in this film ffs

That doesn't even make that much sense. Why are they putting janitors in a strikeforce heading out on a vital mission?

And Hux says anyway that all their troops receive indoctrination and Finn says they stole him as a child. He should be brainwashed either way.

finn and rey were both terrible characters but some cucks on here were fooled in to liking finn because he had a bit of charisma

His character was all over the map. He can't seem to decide if he's a brainwashed child soldier suffering from PTSD with conflicted loyalties or if he's a Kevin Hart impressionist.

The movie wants us to think he's a good person but he lies to every single person he meets about what he's doing and what he wants. For some reason he gets really angry when people call him a traitor?

He feels like a rewrite casualty. Finn was at one point 2 or 3 other characters in an earlier version of the script I would bet.

I'm sure they were going for something like this but they decided to substitute any character development and chemistry with dumb action sequences.

ugly

Man just thinking about many legitimate complaints and problems with this movie there are and how RLM didn't bring up any of them really makes me angry. He didn't have to say it was the worst SW ever, but he could've actually criticized it and brought up genuine problems with it.

I'm not a conspiratorial guy nor do I love shouting shill, but I'm starting to think RLM might be getting some Disney money. They're hugely popular for their criticism of the prequels and Disney would know that.

I wouldn't say that but I feel you. It was really disappointing watching mike just glare over so many points and spend the whole time talking about a fan theory or those weird segment about sex and diversity

The blatant advertising about diversity when it was irrelevant the characters acting like sexless robots were good points, but those were his only points for some reason even though they were probably the less important.

I can understand being relieved that it's decent after the prequels, but it being watchable doesn't excuse all the shit it just fucks up. The prequels might have had shitty writing but they weren't lifeless or boring.

He wasn't particularly great but everyone else was so awfully written and especially Rei.
He became by default the best character of the movie.

>but they weren't lifeless or boring.
but they were

>oh no, look dead soldiers and people. My god this is terrible!
>5 minutes later
>pew pew, die scum!

When he makes 'funny faces' in fron of Solo... jesus christ.

the sexless point's dumb though. Finn, Han and Leia all show attraction in the movie, and that's about as much as any of the originals he praises for being sex-filled ever had

yes he's a shill for disney because he overall liked a movie you didn't like, even though he constantly mocked disney, their marketing practices, and their approach to a cinematic universe throughout the video and implied that they were shilling the prequels on clickbait sites in preparation for the force awakens

Well, in a sense. I meant they weren't lifeless in actually trying to have an emotional component, and not boring in the "I've already seen this and I'm tired of constant action" sense. They have their own problems with bad dialogue and a badly paced, convoluted plot, but they tried to be interesting and novel.

I think he was reacting to the massacre of villagers (seriously, you're burning innocents to death with a flamethrower?) by the people who have been telling him they're the good guys his entire life. once he makes into the greater galaxy its kill or be killed...and even then I dont think he kills more than 5 troopers total the entire film

>Finn is attracted to Rey for about five minutes and it leads to nothing
>Han is fucking old and barely talks to Leia
>Leia is fucking old and barely talks to Han
It's not that he liked it, it's not he didn't even try to criticize it. He liked Trek 08 but still criticized and analyzed it. I'm not saying it's likely he's being paid, I'm just saying it's really coming across like it.

All Mike wants out of Star Wars is an entertaining adventure movie. TFA was just that.
He said more about nutrek because he wants something more from a Star Trek movie.

>mike was paid off

More like he got lazy and fell for the'not as bad as the prequels' meme. Which makes the Disney paid for the ring theory conspiracy hard to believe. Nearly every mainstream normie review said the words 'better than the prequels,' so why would Disney pay for people to hype the prequels?

I'm not sure if it can even be called entertaining. Some of the jokes are funny and the action is decent, but the whole movie is just so sterile and forgettable. I saw it twice in one day because I had nothing else to do so I just stayed in the theater; the first time I enjoyed it but it didn't really affect me, the second time I was just bored and found barely anything to like.

Mike getting lazy can easily explain it desu. It really didn't seem like he wanted to do it.

this and also this

>oh no, my only friend Obi Wan Kenobi just got fucking murdered by a lightsaber
>5 minutes later
>pew pew, I got em Han!

He didn't criticize Star Trek 08 that much. In fact it's actually pretty similar to his Force Awakens review in that he spends a lot of time criticizing the culture around remakes and reboots. He was able to forgive it having simple characters and a simple story because it was a reintroduction to Star Trek, and ends up disappointed with Into Darkness because they don't flesh anything out. He implies that he's worried that something similar will happen with Star Wars, he thinks the references and the simple characters let's TFA work as a reintroduction to Star Wars, but that it won't work for the sequels or future movies.

And he's a naive sheltered farm boy.
Yet has no problem seeing combat for the first time in his life and murdering other people.

I agree that they were good points but Mike articulates them terrible which is strange considering he's always been really good about that in his past reviews.

It was

I fucking miss the lightsaber fights from the original SW movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=C-DeI3ohVbY

related

The lightsaber is a sword that's more dangerous than a normal one. You don't just hack and slash with it, you threaten, posture, intimidate, and use speed (hurr durr muh speed but considering the lightsaber's lack of mass it's more important) to win. I wish they would have used more fencing-type techniques.

/spergrant

Ya, I agree. I just think he didn't want to make another review, didn't care a lot about TFA, and just tried to think of some criticisms at the end to justify it.

They should have merged finn and poe dameron into one character.

You have a suave and competent pilot from the empire that went awol, when he saw the atrocities.

That being said, I think was alright, if a bit redundant. I was more bothered by Daisey Ridleys acting, since it felt so lifeless and wooden to me. Having someone with at least a pulse around her, like finn, alleviated her drab performance for me.

Kylo could had used force choke to kill him instantly...

this

fuck disney

They destroyed the Expanded Universe for this rehash? Hell no

I mean without any connection to the other 6.

pretty much

Fuck off cunt. He shot at the troopers and vader and later flew in to battle where if they didn't win everyone was going to die anyway.

The fact that this movie was highly anticipated to extend upon the OT, instead it threw away all the character building, sent the OT cast back to square one, and copied the story in ever aspect.

Him and Poe were the most likeable characters in FA

Another fucking retard fooled by a little charisma.

This.
Ideally, the fight should have lasted 2 seconds.
Maybe Finn blocks one or two blows, but beyond that it's all pure luck to survive for someone whose had no training.

>Harrison delivered a 10/10 performance.
wew in what world do you live in boy

or Kylo just uses the force to kill him...

fucking this. Its basic story tellling

I found it funny that what he find distasteful about Into Darkness he loved about TFA, even though there's no solid ground for saying one was better than the other at revamping and referencing what has been done before.

It's so sad, because Finn was literally the only original character in the entire film that wasn't ctrl+c'd ctrl+v'd from New Hope, and they didn't do anything with him at all really other than make him some lame sidekick.

I see pigs, but rats? That's skypes sbh

no,
fucking,
doubt.
he was lackluster... at best

>75076755
>You have a suave and competent pilot from the empire that went awol, when he saw the atrocities.

Sounds familiar.

Katarn (like all non-Jedi Force users) was based, so why did they make Finn like one of the fucking Wayans brothers?

Hamfisted comic relief

It didn't feel like Star Wars

What the fuck was the point of having him in a coma at the ending? There's zero drama because we know he'll wake up the next movie (and also be fine, they're not going to have him crippled in a space wheelchair or anything).

Even worse was the fakeout with Poe. We saw him flying an X-Wing in the fucking trailer, why fake his death 10 minutes into the movie?

Finn was the Janitor why is he on an important mission.

Finn feels like two characters shoved together. The comic relief (who of would have a joke backstory like being a janitor) and the troubled main character (who has a serious backstory like a stormtrooper trying to get away).

>another movie has the same thing, so it's fine!

He was injured, he just killed his father, and he is clearly freaking out.

He clearly wasn't fighting at 100%, stop being so stupid.

Because Stormtrooper up to this point have been badasses?

All the star wars I've seen proves he shouldn't be.

most disappointing part of the film the fag couldve been a way cooler character who couldve actually debated as to whether or not he should stick with his imperial friends or chose to be a rebel( which by the way the fact they brought back rebels instead of just having them be the republic army is the fucking gayest thing in the entire world) couldve had a sense of internal conflict and character depth oh but hey lets just have him dance around like a fucking monkey and have him be a janitor. Jesus christ people defending this movie is the most infuriating thing in the entire fucking planet, fuck this movie.

Unimaginative, bland, and the fact that frankly you just had to do a couple tweaks here and there and the movie couldve been a whole lot better.

Shut the fuck up reddit. You're retarded interpretation of nustarwars doesn't make it any less stupid.

holy shit that is the gayest excuse in the fucking world. Frankly all the issues with Rey can be easily solved by just having her be a jedi from the get go

This part annoys me most.
It pretty much undermines any victory they had in 6.
Turns out the empire weren't that bad, since any schmucks can make a solar system destroyer not just some trash tier planet destroyer.

In the end he was a good actor.

But character of Finn is shit. 0 real motivation. Comic relief bullcrap.

obviously the film should have been about the friendship between Po and Finn and then later they meet up with the mysterious Rey and go from there.
Basically just make it Lethal Weapon in Space.

Killing Po was pointless (he wasn't around long enough for anyone to care...and he wasn't dead anyway)

Maybe if Finn took Po's name and pretended to be him so he could act like he was a rebel (?) fighter guy and was using it as a fake id...eventually people finding out he was a First Order Janitor and so Leia thinks he's a spy.
Could have lead to some drama.

Black people always turn their weapons sideways. Whether it is a lightsaber or 9mm. Why is that?

>injured

>set up Chewie's bowcaster as BASED
>Han even remarks how fucking powerful it is
>Han ded, Chewie hits Kylo

>fleshwoud

BRAVO, JEWJEW!

she can't put any soul into it, without cocaine.

(((They))) are going too fucking far

>tfw watching this with the crouching tiger, hidden dragon soundtrack on another tab
youtube.com/watch?v=Sgr2wQiqBpw&list=PL11E6A8DB20BFE89C&index=4

So, we have four main characters, right?

There's a constantly smug and angry girl who can't act and is completely unlikable.
There's a small SO WACKY XD droid that irritates me more than JarJar (the prequel one, not the director).
I don't know if that's acceptable behavior in US, but Fin is a dumb cunt constantly yelling like a retard, pretending that's normal speech.
And there's that gay mexican dude with no charisma.

I don't know how they managed to fuck up the whole cast so hard. Prequel characters were boring and generic. These ones outright ruin the movie by being so unlikable.

Personally i liked him, ok he isn't white but still i liked his personality. He tries but sometimes he gets scared and tries to flee.

Unfortunate events drags him back again against his will but he tries and doesn't give up.

I think next episode will be really interesting to watch.

I personally thought he was awful all around. Shit actor and an even shittier character.

I just really wish they went for a Kyle Katarn sort of way of doing it, as in former stormtrooper who rebels etc. When I first saw the trailers I was assuming that was the direction it would go in but sadly not.

Abrams played it way too safe.

>there are people actually think Episode VII was bad

Man, are you in for a real disappointment.

Finn was a boring characyer but boyega did a good job with what he had. Couldnt stand Driver tho. His character sucked and his portrayal was annoying as balls

Well here it is, lads.

Finn breaking down helps to show what a joke the First Order is. They're trying to be the Empire but can't get on their level.

Looks like a Cayman Airways Ad.

That particular instance didn't bother me. Hes a badass fighter jock, if anyone was going to banter with the big bad, it would be him or Solo.

The problem is EVERYONE ELSE having the same level of witty banter and quips.

>a 5/10 is better than a 3/10 therefore the 5/10 is good

>helps to show what a joke the First Order is.
Its important to dramatic tension to establish how ineffective the antagonists are.

So did Finn know that Poe is the one who shot his friend and gave him PTSD? Does Poe? They clearly show that was the case in the movie, if neither of them knows that adds some fairly dark irony to the situation.

He had the opposite problem of a Mary Sue

>Be a clone bred for combat and highly trained
>is scared of blaster shots and little explosions
>Scared of strangers
>can't shoot well
>can't fly well
>gets his ass kicked by a fellow clone despite having the same training and the added benefit of being force sensitive

Why do you dislike II so much? It's got great plot and characterization, and superb themes of corruption and great art direction, particurarily color

I hope he gets some development because he was pretty much useless in Episode 7. Mary Sue Rey could do no wrong while he pretty much stumbled his way through the flick and they did not even give him a romance. It was just really odd. Hopefully now that Solo is dead they'll let him do something cool.

Mary Sue

I think it would've been cool to have him as a pacifist for the entire movie until the end fight with Kylo. I mean the shock of killing people was enough to jar him out of his brainwashing, and he frees Poe because he knows killing is wrong, but then not three minutes laters he's laughing and having a great time slaughtering storm troopers, even though as a former trooper, he should understand that they're all brainwashed. He's kind of ineffectual anyway, so I think it would've been cool if he just refused to fight. Would also explain why he wants to get away from the conflict so bad. And then at the end, he finally fights back to protect his friend. Would've made a cool arc and then we can get excited about seeing him overcome his reluctance in the next one.

It was great for exposition(lore an narrative), but it kind of sucked in execution(acting).

Why is ESB so great?

Kylo is 29. A full grown ass man but has the mentally of a teen I guess.

This was one of the few good moments in the whole movie. A true underdog battle, as opposed to Rey V a bunch of jobbers.

Hayden plays James Dean in rebel without a cause, we explore Obi Wan's private life and Dooku is great.

He looks very much like a normal fucking american nigger, like I can't suspend my disbelief it literally looks like this dumb nig just walked into fucking star-wars-verse off the streets of new york or some shit.

He looks and feels very much from our world. Lando felt and looked like he was truly a man who had been living in star wars for a while. the WoW movie had this problem too, like with Lothars son he looks so much like a modern little fuckboy, and he's constantly just like "Hey Dad!!!!" Pretty sure they didn't say Dad all the time in Warcraft 1 times. I don't know how to explain it, it's fucking annoying as fuck though. It's like they didn't even try to fucking act or get in the mindset of the character

>They destroyed the Expanded Universe for this rehash?
>He looks very much like a normal fucking american nigger
You know he's english, right?

He's fine. He's the best of the new main cast for sure. Heck he single handedly carried Attack the Block and saved it from being complete crap.

i wish they wouldve found a decent looking person. like billie williams or samuel jackson
not oogaboogaboyega who looks like a literal ape.

Fag

He still looks like the typical American nigger.

I hear he will be in a wheelchair in the future movies, this is great for Disney since it helps fill in their diversity quotas, black and handicapped.

The story was too all over the place, the love story with Anakin was shit, there wasn't enough bro scenes between him and Obi Wan to give them a meaningful relationship, Yoda fight scene was absolute character assassination, Jedi swinging glow sticks around like it's a fucking rave party, the editing was shit, and ultimately the story still seriously struggled with who the main character was supposed to be.

It did have some positives like introducing the Clones, a solid soundtrack even if it was the weakest of the prequels, neat character, prop, and set design.

The scene of Anakin murdering the dune coons was a good idea but it completely lacked all of the set up to make it impactful and his relationship with Obi-Wan was almost non-existent for three quarters of the movie.

If the goal of the prequels was supposed to be the tragedy of Anakin Skywalker, Episode II completely failed in its job.

Finn turned out okay. The problem was fucking Rey.
She was completely horrible in every way.

You know, despite all the shit he gets I liked him. It's Rey I have a problem with. Her character ruined the movie for me. Finn and Poe should have been the main protagonists.

Orcs are depicted as pigs in Japanese folklore and they are pretty badass

it was actually pretty good. It was like a "history repeats itself" feel the whole movie.

how was she a mary sue? She grw up on a rogue desert planet, you have to be tough to make ends mead.

wasn't Finn raised from birth to be a trooper?
It's not like he got up one day and decided to become a stormtrooper.

the heat must be really concentrated.

>She's a stronk single girl who don't need no man to survive
>And she's a brilliant engineer and pilot
>Also she can totally use the force like a pro
>Oh and a lightsaber too
>And everybody totally loves her because she's just so awesome

How is she anything but a Mary Sue? Literally everything works out perfectly just for her because she's just so great.

i guess you have a point.

I hate all new non empire characters

>you have to be tough
being tough would be beating the faggot who would not pay her the fair share, not knowing every language in existence