Thoughts on this series?

Thoughts on this series?

Some of the jokes fall a little flat but overall I've found it enjoyable. Even if the first season got panned, it was still an interesting and empathetic view of a character coping with near suicidal depression and self loathing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k3MKSqUTr-A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I felt the same. The first half of season 1 actually is okay, it's used to just set things up
which I think is pretty clever.

A few unneccessary things here and there, but overall I really enjoyed it

""""""""""depression""""""""""

Am I the only person who actually thinks the show is genuinely funny and the comedy is quite charming?
Little things like Hollywoo and episode set in like 2008 where it reminded you of how it was 2008 like 80 times in a minute.
The drama and characters are interesting too. Could be a little less SJW preachy, but I like it a lot.

If Bojack doesn't kill himself in s04e11 I'm going to riot.

>Some of the jokes fall a little flat
you mean all jokes fall a lot flat

>Tom Hardy (Who Is a Cat)

Is he a big guy tho?

I liked the first season. I shut off the second season after three episodes. The music made me feel like my ears were vomiting.

>AVATAR
>Jennifer Lawrence 8 times
>Tom Hardy (who is a cat)
>Black People?
>A River Runs Throught It: The Weezer Story

Top fucking KEK

I picked up on that subtlety too, which I really like and think is done well.

There were only a few moments that I actually laughed out loud, which are generally with
Todd, who I think is a really funny character but not for comic relief sake, he's weaved into the overall
story really well.

Also the 'feminism preachy' stuff I picked up on too, but that could be more of a reflection of the satire within popular media and all that. But it's a good show to kind of shut your brain off and just enjoy and then re-evaluate all the serious bullshit.

I digress though, it's an enjoyable show nonetheless

It's a show that tries too hard to be clever and insightful which comes off as ponderous and hamhanded.

Like, the idea of the show is better than the show itself. What they're TRYING to do is more interesting than what they ACTUALLY produce. I don't think it's in the show creator's ability to create a good drama or a good comedy, and the result is a kind of stitched together attempt at both which relies on ping ponging between wacky tongue-in-cheek absurdity that exudes 'you can't criticize this because we made it dumb on purpose' and rehearsed monologues riffing on alienation and fulfillment that you can't criticize because people get their personal feelings tangled up with the character.

its a show about a man who plays at being depressed to justify his dissatisfaction with his life

in a truly shocking turn, millennials love it

>interesting and empathetic view of a character coping with near suicidal depression and self loathing

wow... never seen that before.... so revolutionary... when will they take our disease seriously... why won't my boss let me use my sick time cuz i'm depressed... really makes you think...

>yfw 3 episodes in you realise Todd is voiced by Aaron Paul and you can't stop seeing him in your head every time Todd talks now

>Its a show that makes fun of identity politics but not in a way where it would hate on everything that SJWs are for, because on some issues they happen to agree with them.
>In a very expecteable way whatever the hell you are, which I assume is also a millenial, does not get the joke whatsoever and fails to recognize basic irony.

>mfw it ends with him walking into a bar and the bartender goes "hey buddy why the long face"

Cred Forums hates this show OP, maybe try Cred Forums I think they like it a lot more.

I was taken away by season 1, and season 2 surprisingly kept the momentum. Season 3 was good, but I didn't enjoy it as much because by that point I already knew what Bojack will do because he's basically me. :(

It was still really good and I'm looking forward to the next season, just as I am with Flaked, but I can't help but wonder if Will Arnette is okay after setting those two shows and hearing that he's banging hot 20-somethings since his divorce from Amy Poehler.

>back in the 90's I was in a famous TV showwwwww
That would be perfect.

No son. Everyone gets it. Only self-absorbed cunts are impressed by it.

It takes a soft touch on everything because its going for shotgun appeal.

I liked it, but despite all it does right, it still comes off as an adult cartoon with all the issues like cheap jokes and poor art and animation.

... Sarah Lynn?

>flashback episode to 2008
>"Oh I get it, it's a satire of those typical flashbacks where they go back a lot in time, but here they go back just a few year-"
>realize 2008 was 8 years ago
TAKE ME AWAAAAAY

This too, it's definitely for the narcissists. That's definitely the itch this show scratches for me.

It's alright but the despression crap gets annoying after a while and they hamfisted SJW crap in season 3 and ruined Todd by making him asexual

Reddit: the Netflix series

What the FUCK was her problem?

>you mean all jokes fall a lot flat

nope

youtube.com/watch?v=k3MKSqUTr-A

I watched all three seasons and yeah I agree with your assessment. It feels like they never quite grasp what they're reaching for. It's frustrating.

Good observation