Watching the new Star Trek movie

>watching the new Star Trek movie
>it's fucking shit
>get to the end
>"...to boldly go where no ONE(not man) has gone before"

ENOUGH

I liked it a lot more than Into Darkness.

been like that since TNG

OP BTFO

maybe because it was much better than into darkness and all the other trek movies over the last 30 years

Heck it was actually before TNG

>The words "no one" were substituted for the original sequence's "no man" in the conclusion of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country as a gender-neutral and race-neutral quote in conjunction to the peace treaty between the Klingons and Federation at the end of the movie. This alternate wording had already been in use in the introductory sequence for Star Trek: The Next Generation, now narrated by Patrick Stewart:

Still discriminatory against headmates though.

It's a pitty they don't deal with more elaborate philosophical aspects of space exploration etc..

It's the usual somebody is a villain we need to stop by jumping around shit...

But I marketing wise I understand...

You got buttfucked, OP. I'd tell you to delete the thread in shame but you probably already closed the tab out of embarrassment.

How is "no man" not race neutral?

Species-neutral would be more accurate.

because man is an earth term, klingons don't call themselves men, Ferengi don't call themselves men.

>change clearly took place with Picard
>now used with Kirk who was before Picard
>according to you retards I'm the one that fucked up

haha looks like #ImWithHer now!!

>mfw prescriptivist grammar nazis try to """correct"""" the split infinitive

Because not all races have the same genders. For example, African Americans have a gender called "fuccboi" which does not have an equivalent in other ethnic groups.

>trying this hard to save face

Embarrassing.

Uhhh actually my boys at RLM (RedLetterMedia) thought it was pretty good so I'm going to have to parrot their opinions and disagree with you.

>change clearly took place with Picard
>Undiscovered Country
>Picard

You are straight up dumb, son.

>released in '91
>Picard was '87

woah slow down man I can only vote for Hillary once!!

They've been using "no one" instead of "no man" for quite a while, which makes sense in a universe of women and aliens.

That wasn't the logic behind your post here . So what's it gonna be dum-dum?

I identify as bi-entity so referring to my being as no "one" is actually quite insulting.

Seriously. English has had split infinitives for centuries, and if they don't like it because they want it to be more like Latin, they're free to forcibly fuck themselves with their Julius Caesar busts.

Why would you even bother watching the new star trek movie?

It's pretty damn good. Far better than Into Darkness and better than most of the TNG ones.

>my boys

why do people use this phrase. Did you give birth to them?

It seriously pisses me of.