What was his motive?

What was his motive?

he was stuck on a shitty job with no chances of advancement, he wanted a way out and Sauron offered one

To go balls deep in some nazis

use Saruon to take the ring for himself.

he's secretly jealous cuz Gandalf has a ring and he out ranks Gandalf but doesn't have a ring

He thought the Jedi (and by extension the Republic) had lost their way. Darth Sidious and the Sith offered him an alternative that he thought would be better for the galaxy.

To crash Rohan with no survivors.

its so erotic

Pretty much this. Saruman has a massive inferiority complex when it comes to Gandalf and is overly prideful. On top of this he's disillusioned with their mission to aid the beings of Middle Earth after so many years of trying and trying and nothing happening. Lastly he feels as though he's the only one who actually remembers their mission in the first place; the blue wizards fucked off, Radagast went full DUDE WEED LMAO and lives in the woods and Gandalf, though he's more concerned than the others and actually does get shit done, seems more interested in smoking pipeweed with the hobbits and wasting his time. It's quite understandable why he felt bitter and decided to join Sauron instead.

>tfw you will never live in the shire

too claustrophobic

Literally comfortable: the life

manlet confirmed

low ceiling, no air circulation means it'll be hot as fuck during summer

>not being Gandalf

He basically wanted to help Sauron win because he thought his victory was inevitable. He figured he could do one of two things; join him and share power or resist him and die.

>name is Sauronman
>turns out to be Sauron's man
10/10 writing bravo Tolkien

Did you ever see Bilbo or Frodo ever doing a god damn thing?

Also being in the earth keeps the temperature a lot more steady

Be on the winning side.

they got Smaug money, the rest of the hobbit still has to work

It was one small chest!

the shire has primitive economy, it's like going to thailand to fuck hookers.

He wanted the ring for himself. It would have given him the same power as Sauron.

Industrialization

Lee was the only cast member to actually have met Tolkien in his life. He's also the best part of the first two movies and the Hobbit movies.

Coincidence? I think not.

>the blue wizards fucked off,

Were the blue wizards just an allegory for niggers?

>five wizards sent by literal god to Middle Earth
>five wizards would be able to battle Sauron (with ring) evenly, but only five combined
>be blue wizards
>LOL BYE GAISE HAVE FUN WITH SAURON
>be nigger wizards

Why is this allowe

They went to the east and joined the sandniggers

Fear

I dont know why this made me laugh so much

He also wanted to play Gandalf, but you can't erase 50 years of typecasting that easily

this basically. we don't really know what happened to them but it's likely they went native, the fuckers.

its worse because they decided to integrate into a culture that, in tolkiens standards, is pretty much the enemy.

managed it years before sauruman even thought about defecting too.

at least ol' many colours had fucking ideas for the future, dude invented gunpowder in middle earth. although again in tolkiens terms that isnt really a good thing

I think I read somewhere that the two blues were killed.
May have been some fluff in those items you got in shadow of mordor.

i think it goes that in classic tolkien fashion they ended up betrayed by the easterlings or whoever it was and were indeed killed. eventually.

also, i vaguely remember this info being in letters written to christopher and his professor buddies that only came to light years later. might have been in shadow of mordor too, that game had some sneaky lore even if it shat all over it on the surface

He would have been an interesting Mithrandir

I honestly think it was more a case of Ian McKellen wouldn't have worked as Saruman so Jackson turned it around. They seriously couldn't have found two better actors to portray them, though.

because it fits into the whole theme of power corrupting. Sauruman fought against Sauron for ages, but ultimately got seduced by his power and deluded himself into thinking using it was the only way to truly defeat him. Then he got his hands on a plantir and had daily webcam chats with Sauron who tricked him into thinking he was unstoppable so he ended up cucking himself into being Sauron's buttboy

We don't really know much about them except for the fact they went east. I think it's assumed they still somehow thwarted Sauron's efforts in Rhun and elsewhere or he would've brought an even bigger foreign army to fuck up Middle-earth.

Why oh why did they turn 2 and 3 into grand strategy autist military simulators

>we could have had three Fellowships if not for whiny fat retards like Kevin Smith

Boohooo not enough action and too much dungeon crawling

Moria is the best sequence in any movie ever

Drums, drums in the deep

>and Gandalf, though he's more concerned than the others and actually does get shit done, seems more interested in smoking pipeweed with the hobbits and wasting his time

I think that's actually one thing books go into more detail in that Saruman thinks only greats can cause change and affect things, and kinda holds everyone beneath him in contempt. Gandalf is a lot more "sees good and potential in everyone" type.

honestly that's simply how it goes in books as well. threat escalates and goes from an adventure with dark undertones to well, deciding the fate of multiple kingdoms and fighting the end battle.

And then we got three horrible hobbit movies with only parts of the second being interesting

Power. Unlimited power.

To save Middle Earth. Which is generally everybody's motive with the exception of Melkor and Bombadil.

Everything he did was a means to the end of completing his mission. Unfortunately, that was corrupted by his cynicism and he thought he could use and betray Sauron to get the ring and accomplish it. Which equally fed his narcissim.

Dagor Dagorath movie featuring Melkor and the Silmarils fucking WHEN

>superintelligent wizard that has been alive for millions of years
>acts like an egotistical sperglord

ahh yes, tolkien

A couple of years after Chris Tolkien dies.

Saruman was always morally gray.

>Being superior to your peers and subjects for millions of years will do nothing to the ego
>The superintelligent wizard should just be an unevolving character that is good and shouldn't change after spending thousands of years on a backwater mud ball with a seemingly impossible mission, forsaken by his creator

There's a reason Tolkien's works are so influential and you spend your time shit posting on a Cambodian Shadow puppet forum.

What about Ungoliant standalone movie?

A decade after that when the pre-prequel trilogy comes out.

Can't wait for PJ to ruin it

So those things turned him into an actual retard? huh

How was he dumb?

He was just corrupted and became evil. That doesn't make him dumb.

>gets killed by trees and two midgets
>not retarded

How was he retarded?

>Create a technologically and physically superior army than his competitors
>Successfully fuck over the fellowship and kill the leader
>Come within a mile of taking the ring

It took a literal act of god to stop him. Had Eru not stepped in, he would've won.

Oh but he didn't. He went to the Shire and industrialized and ruined it for a laugh.

He just hated all inferior beings.

wow, so smart, he's in the middle of the war and makes another retarded decision based on his ego.

One ill turn deserves another.

Now stop trolling.

Children of Hurin movie when

>Wanting to watch a movie about Elf fucking shits

The awakening of Durin and first age Dwarrowdelf movie when?

There is no allegory in Lord of the rings
You have black people on the brain, you should really find help.

get the ring BTFO sauron and totally not be controlled by the ring

it was entirely possible for a lot of characters to use the ring to rek sauron. that is pretty important.

>A lot

3 or 4 at the most. Hardly a lot.

>doesn't get own hobbit hole custom made for height
idiot

>wet moldy hole in the ground with no air flow

If I wanted that I'd just rent a flat in Britain.

>With no air flow

It's specifically described as having ventilation in the Hobbit, plus y'know windows.

I dunno really, how many unnamed elf-lords are there?

Kek

He heard about the food menu choices at Mordor.

Not just any elf can use the ring. Elrond and Galadriel are probably the only two elves outright powerful enough to bend the ring to their will.

Maybe Celeborn but it's not really clear what his power level is. I think it's been mentioned once he's almost on equal footing with Galadriel so he could too.

Outside of elves, Gandalf and Saruman are probably the only two who could. I've always been curious as to if Aragorn could pull it off if he had the ring.

>I've always been curious as to if Aragorn could pull it off if he had the ring.

Not in a million years.

>be Elves
>be literally all powerful
>don't do shit during the war of the ring except donate some capes and rope

What the fuck?

>low ceiling
Not for hobbits

>its worse because they decided to integrate into a culture that, in tolkiens standards, is pretty much the enemy.

Not really. It was made clear that those people simply got fed lies by Sauron and believed Gondor are the worst people ever.

>Not really. It was made clear that those people simply got fed lies by Sauron and believed Gondor are the worst people ever.

that wasn't a lie

Sauron was the good guy in this mess

This right here- that palantir was basically the the link between the two and made the fall of saruman possible. To me it is analogous to the invention of quick information sent via telegraph or telephone etc. You can't really see the whole picture with what you receive on One end, and thus you can have this one sided perception from something happening on the other side of the world which may be inaccurate.

>To me it is analogous to the invention of quick information sent via telegraph or telephone etc. You can't really see the whole picture with what you receive on One end, and thus you can have this one sided perception from something happening on the other side of the world which may be inaccurate.

stop with this cringeworthy hamfisted bullshit

Vichy France collaborate government.

How did Peter Jackson get LOTR 1 and 2 so right?

Part 3 was eh
Hobbit 1 was eh
Hobbit 2 and 3 was fuck this wtf am i watching

Return of the King is superior to Two Towers and Desolation of Smaug was the best Hobbit movie

thanks for correcting the record

for you

>he didn't read the book

>Muh Saruman of many colors
>Muh make my own ring, with blackjack and hookers

Thank god they didnt do it.

RotK was great but suffered as the storylines started growing too far from eachother and had to be wrapped up. It lost some of the personality.

The Hobbit movies were shit because they were everything LOTR wasn't. A plain, empty cash grab forced by the studio with zero heart. Jackson never wanted to direct it and it was apparent the entire time.

The first one was the best of them and even that was just alright, made only so by the cozy bits. DoS and BotFA were utter shit shows, failing at even basic film editing and tone. The only endurable scenes are the brief heartfelt performances by Thorin, Bilbo, and Balin carrying the films on their backs.

What was Isengards tax policy?

Hobbit was shit because they tried to shove as much shit on the screen as possible in an effort to push technology.

It was analogous to the prequels in that regard. Not as bad, but bad. The constant lack of calm and quiet in the scenes ruined it.

>saruman facetimes with Sauron

>Whatcha doin?
>Oh just rebuilding my tower and stuff ~

wtf I love Saruman now

The difference I find between the two are the prequels were Lucas' pure unrestricted autism babies while the Hobbit trilogy at least was just a forced sell out by Jackson.

gurm is that you?

Yes and the obviously far better source material so they couldn't go full retard.

They went semi retard instead.

I bet Miron is a camwhore...

This imagine if vaders name was Shevebro. Everyone would be all up on george lucas

He aspired to be Sauron's fluffer instead of Galadriel's muff cleanser

Saruman is elvish for staff

wtf why is it okay when tolkien does it?

>be immortal demi god
>giving a fuck about lesser beings
>can just sail to a paradise island and live forever there

To become the best dentist in the galaxy.

To shed the blood of saxon men

He had a big plan.

Originally when bilbo beat gollum in the riddle game gollum just handed the ring over