Opinions?

opinions?

It is a film.

I got super excited when I saw that the local indie theatre will be showing it later this month... then I read that it is basically several different fanfiction ideas adapted and directed by a fanfiction author, and Coscarelli is merely a producer.
I'll still see it, but I'm already disappointed.

Basically schizophrenic scribbles made into a movie. Pretty interesting from that aspect.

I want to see a film about Reggie pre-Phantasm, and his day-to-day life as an ice cream truck driver.

I just watched and its very disappointing, low budget fan made shit. Why Coscarelli produced this?

To make a final movie before the dude who croaked croaks?

It's dog shit, literally MGSV levels of franchise ending.

they should have make a good product not this low budget cgi stuff

After the first "break in reality" there was potential.

Then it happened 2 more times and I got bored.

shitfuck saga i hope they fucking shitfuck to death with this shitfest.

The first one was shit and the bald guy is a fucking fuck shit actor.

I've got all of the Phantasm movies at my disposal, any worth watching past the first one or should I just watch the first movie and forget the rest exist?

1 - 4 are a solid watch. I equate the series to Evil Dead. First is an attempt at serious horror, but can be somewhat laughable due to primitive special effects which are obviously a casualty of the low budget, but it has a charm. The first one is surreal and nightmarish. It's basically an experimental horror movie and has no coherent story, it's a random mish mash of nonsense, so don't get ass pained when you start to realize you don't understand what the fuck is going on.

2 - 4 switches gears to action / comedy / horror road trip movies. At this point the world is a post apocalyptic wasteland, Mad Max style. So much like the Evil Dead sequels, it suddenly becomes a zainy horror comedy, Reggie is essentially Ash. What's funny is as the series goes on, the first movie, which was never intended to have any coherence gradually starts to make more and more sense as they reveal pieces of lore about the villain.

A lot of people think 4 is boring, which I understand, they were working with a micro budget with 4 but if you're a fan it's worth watching to see the story continue. The ending is bitter sweet.

5 is absolute dog shit and shits all over the series. Avoid at all costs. It's on MGSV levels of JUST.

>It's on MGSV levels of JUST.
So you didn't get MGSV?

>no user, don't you see? you ARE big boss
Yeah, genius, just genius.
>typical intelligence level of a mgsv fan
COD babbi detected.

Waiting for it to hit steaming sites

4 is like 50 percent recycled fotage from 1 (via flashbacks), and it gets old real fast.

2 and 3 are fucking awesome and hilarious at times.

>4 is like 50 percent recycled fotage from 1 (via flashbacks), and it gets old real fast.
I like how you neglect to mention it's new footage, but ofcourse an obnoxious faggot like yourself would purposefully leave out information to support your argument.

im so sad I was hyped for ravager

I watched phantasm(1979) for the first time yesterday and it wasn't as good as the fans say it is
to be frank i thought it was underwhelming and I have no desire to watch the sequels
Can a fan explain to me what's so great about these movies?

Budget restraints aside, this film told a great fucking story to those who loved these characters. I couldn't imagine a better ending to the whole mess.

Explain

The appeal of the original Phantasm was in 1979 it was a perfect representation of teen angst...have you ever seen a 13 YO blow ioen a door with a shotgun shell taped to a fucking hammer??? not before or since...it's a product of it's time and that is why you feel underwhelmed with 2016 goggles on.