Post overrated movies

>DUDE DRUGS LMAO
>DUDE FUCK CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT LMAO
>DUDE MONEY LAUNDERING LMAO

Scorsese is a hack

manlet spotted

>DUDE FUCK CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT LMAO

It was based on a true story. If the real person didn't develop why would the character.

and i mean he did anyway. Went to rehab and started giving lectures

Shawshank

kys

on chan4? that's gonna be a looong list

your favorite movie is overrated

>Dude, mc in every movie should repent and be punished for his deeds, lmao
Scorcesse is a genius you pleb.

>DUDE SOMETHING I DIDN'T LIKE SO I MUST MAKE LOOK LIKE IT'S BAD SO THAT ALL MY Cred Forums FRIENDS THINK THE SAME WAY THAN I DO LMAO

Fury Road

>I need to feel like I know anything about anything
>I know, I'll talk shit about commonly praised films
>I just need to call them overrated, a nice, meaningless buzzword for pretentious teenagers like me
kys

I believe that the movie implied that he was not just giving lectures, but recruiting his new "gang". At least, that's what I understood when he told the guy "Sell me this pen"; it's like starting over

I think it's a really good, misunderstood movie. It exposes the hypocrisy of its audience.

John wick, just another generic revenge action flick, b-b-but based keanu, fuck off you 10 year olds

this
>dude it's a best action film of this decade
>felt asleep during it

yeah this film felt like its universe was crafted by bunch of 10 years olds

Longcat is long !

Scorcese isn't a hack, even if you posted one of his weaker kinos.

Motherfucking whiplash

80% of that movie could have been cut out and literally nothing of value to the story would be lost

The running time of this film seems pretty fucking long. Is it worth it??

>inb4 can't handle over 90 min babby

Literally the most overrated of all time

These kind of threads are ultimate pleb containment threads.

People who didn't enjoy a worldwide critically acclaimed movie so their defense mechanism fires up by calling everyone else stupid and the whole movie is automatically utter dogshit just so they feel better about themselves. They are so afraid of getting roasted that they can't even say that they simply don't like a movie because of their taste, but the movie itself is the problem, like the execution of it was somehow atrocious and everyonr else is being blinded by it.

But deep down you all know what a bunch of basic tasteless pussies you are.

yeah. it's good. if you like doing drugs tho (specifically coke) it's just going to make you want to drugs.

Margot is naked and hot tho. that alone is worth it.

Not his best work, but worth watching I guess.

This. That movie was terrible. Couldn't even finish it.

Jordan Belfort is a textbook sociopath IRL so why would they portray him any differently in the movie?

Can you give one valid argument why was it terrible, without the obvious mediocre story?

Lmao pathetic post
>I had shit taste and fell asleep in it
>Everyone else is wrong!

You're right and wrong. Sometimes you catch plebs, and sometimes you catch people who are right.
Especially as I don't equate "overrated' with bad. I think some movies are great but are treated way too well. Especially when I see amazing movies shit on constantly (maybe not HERE, but in other places).

I think Wolf of Wall Street is a good example. It's quite good but garnered more attention than it should have. It had several weak points, but I might be willing to say it's not the director's fault and just the source material.

(you)
(you)

What are the weak points?

Cheers lads, I'll give it a go

It was boring and not interesting at all. 2 hours of riding around fighting desert monsters isn't interesting.

>"What if I use the same themes and arcs as Goodfellas to make a movie with absolutely no message that will cause every frat bro business major in America to cream himself?"

The majority of the posts are the people who equate "overrated" with bad. Not just bad, but they would say it's absolute shit.

That was the point of my post.
Even if someone posts a legitimate argument why is xyz overrated and doesn't particularly enjoy it, the rest will just hook on to that and respond to that post with something degenerate like: "THIS THIS SO MUCH HOLY SHIT WAS IT BAD LMAO SO BAD FUCKING KEK", thus never overcoming their confirmation bias.

Then again I am not surprised, there is no middle ground on Cred Forums, a movie is either a revolutionary masterpiece or a disgrace for the medium.

Under the Skin

All I hear about this film from normies is how Leo should have got his Oscar for it

I then ask them if they watched Dallas Buyers Club and they haven't even heard of it

>boring
>not interesting

I said just one VALID argument please.

it's really funny though

Dallas Buyers Club is the most forgettable movie ever lmao

That is valid. A movie with 2 hours of someone taking a shit will also automatically be shit because its boring.

>Margot is naked and hot tho. that alone is worth it.

>bald pussy
Both unattractive and inaccurate for the time period

ITT: Another shitposting general

But there was a message.
>Bad guys don't always lose

Nah movie didn't imply that, you're just autistic

"boring" and "not interesting" is a hard subjective opinion, not a valid argument why a certain movie is bad.

Most people would say movies from Tarkovsky, Tarr or Bergman are also "boring" and "not interesting" so that doesn't mean the movies are actually bad.

All opinions on movie's are subjective. Unless it's something like an inconsistency in the movie. Even saying someone's acting is bad is subjective. They're all valid arguments why a movie is bad though.

>>DUDE DRUGS LMAO
That was really obnoxious. Those scenes went on and on and they were so boring.

Saying something is boring is like I said a hard subjective opinion that is too general to take it as valid.
Ofcourse every opinion is subjective, but you provide arguments with your subjective opinion so anyone could take you seriously.

Comment on something specific like the editing, framing and composition, sound design, pacing, character arcs, choreography, set design, the dialogue etc. Say something like "The villain's motivation was unclear and didn't make sense to me" or any coherent sentence that implies why you think the movie is bad.

If you just say you think it is bad because you thought it was boring it only speaks about you, not the movie. You don't have to enjoy it, but if you think the actual execution of the movie is bad then provide arguments with it.

You're an autist.

>QUALOODS DOOD XD

>At least, that's what I understood when he told the guy "Sell me this pen"; it's like starting over

Nah the implication is now he is a salesman huckster giving motivational talks to mediocre salesmen.

Each Separate scene in this movie went on for slightly too long
It was a decent movie but if you cut about 5-10 minutes of filler out of each section it would be much better

One thing I felt the Wolf of Wall Street didn't have enough of was cocaine and yelling.

Overrated Movies of the 2010s:

2010 Oscar Bait type: Kings Speech
2010 Cred Forums love: Inception
2010 underrated: Red; True Grit

2011 Oscar bait type: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
2011 overrated Cred Forums love: Thor, the Captain America movie
2011 underrated: Limitless

I'm pretty sure you have autism.

>Can you give one valid argument why it was terrible, without this obvious valid argument why it's terrible?

2012 Oscar bait overrated: Moonrise Kingdom
2012 4 chan love: The Dork Knight Rises
2012 underrated: Prometheus; Project X, safety not guaranteed

2013 oscar bait overrated: Wolf of Wall Street
2013 4 chan love: Pacific Rim
2013 underrated: Pain and Gain, Dallas Buyers Club

2014 oscar bait overrated
2014 4 chan love
2014 underrated

One thing that bugs me about this movie are the shots with his first wife/girlfriend or whatever.
In Goodfellas it's such a big deal that he's screwing over his wife, whereas in this movie it just feels like she was left in for continuity reasons.

This movie wants to sweep you through this guy's life and go scene by crazy scene to show some connection between eclectic behavior and business growth. It's essentially the montage scene from any other Scorsese movie stretched out to be seven hours long, with the beginning and the end and everything around the montage pulled out, and the actual montage scenes themselves played in full with a ridiculous amount of repetitive context

This movie sucks dick

I think boring can be a valid criticism. Some movies have more things going on than others. Some have too many things and feel jumbled and rushed- like Tomorrowland. Some have too little going on even though it is visually interesting like Brown Bunny or Tree of Life.

Boring also doesn't necessarily mean bad. Life of Pets is boring because I'm not 8 but it is a good childrens movie.