How did she do this?

How did she do this?

>Women being able to overpower any man

When will this meme end?

GOOOO GURL SMASH THE PATRIARCHY

>How could she defeat Kylo Ren?

>Its not like he was half trained, severely injured, had just fought another person, and just killed his father

>he was top of his game

Rey is the force embodiment.

they are basically guaranteed to explain this in the next episode

this is the only real answer

Is Rey the Marysuest character ever?
Name literally one wrong, imperfect thing she did in the movie

How did the Google even hut Kylo Ren let alone even hold a lightsaber, can anyone use them now?

This.

He had just been shot. If somebody shot you in the stomach, handed you a sword, and told you to fight an athletic girl, do you think you'd win?

She's my waifu

That scene where she has the flashback from when she sold her body to the alien merchants for fooe even though she was already fed is pretty f*cked up dude

Ran away and got captured.

She was a dumb ass and waited for her parents who obviously would never come back. She lied to herself until Maz made her admit she knew the truth.

That's all I can think of.

They're not magic. Han used one in Episode V. It's just that using them is insanely difficult because the blade is weightless.

I hate her stupid """""""""""""acting"""""""""""""
>GRRRRRR I'M EMOTIONAL
Put your creepy teeth away ffs

seeing how fin was able to use one with no jedi training I will say yes

le force
aka le plot armor
t. star wars pro

you should be mad that random stormtrooper #fn87 actually held his own against a trained jedi knight instead of getting gutted instantly

yeah it's not like he instantly knocked her out 2 minutes earlier in the beginning of the fight

And got out of captivity herself by mastering mind control after 1 try, all while doing some sickass wall-climbing, making Han and Finn look like cucks for coming to save her

and then she freed herself from captivity using level 70 force spells as a level 10 character, whats your point

Then how did Finn not only lift one and hold his own in combat with a sith trained by luke Skywalker and Sheevs master but even get a hit on Kylo Edge

how does anyone put up with her accent, i heard hear for the first time in the plinkett review for a few seconds and i almost stopped watching

Stormtroopers are trained in that baton thing the TRAITOR guy used

She sure is channeling the dark side with her hate there. Time for Luke to train Kylo Ren.

TFA FAGS BTFO
HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVE

Imagine in a world where magic exists. Do you not think women would be raised to our level?

>implying Ren wasn't visibly toying with him and didn't blow him the fuck out as soon as he accidentally gave him the upper hand and carve a picture into his spine

the faggot is supposed to be new the master of dark forces and he's a total joke

The Force yo. This is no more farfetched than luke firing off a proton torpedo perfectly without his targeting computer.

Kylo ren also have the force + he managed to launch the bitch 20 ft in the air 1 minute before this and knocked her out no problem

speedforce

Congratulations, you just described the character of Kylo Ren. Good job.

and i didn't even watch the movie

>tfw she'll never overpower you and pin you to the ground, forcing herself upon you

Whether you like it or not the explanation is that Ren is bleeding out

Now the fact that the protagonist beats her main rival in the first fucking movie of the trilogy is a totally different case and major fuck up by Jar Jar

>still making threads about it 10 months later
>TEN

you're going to be first in line for rogue one, you massive faggot, then shitpost about the girl in that til the next one.

P O T T E R Y

They will probly come up with some twist like she was trained before, but it was wiped from her memory for some reason.
Doesn't matter it he was half-trained and hurt, Star Wars has always had a stance that to be great you need training, Luke had to work to get good. She should not have been able to stand a chance against him if she really had no training, no fucking way would she be able to even scrape him.

She's Anakin reincarnated

They'll still be here in December 2017 when VIII comes out and still bitch about a fictional character.

White guilt

Does the Force work like that. Is it a resource both fighters can draw from equally? Or is it fickle and favour one over the other. Perhaps back and forth.

I like the original 1977 vision of the force when it was a mystical magic energy and good side and the dark side where both sides of one coin that Jedi let flow through them to their ends. Back then all lightsaber fighting and using the force for violence was the dark side and the Force in it's simplest form on screen was just an analogy for calmly believing in yourself.

So with this head canon. Kylo is a butthurt injured mess unable to focus using his strength and anger to fight while Ray even though she doesn't know how (or probably more accurately how she knows) is calmly channeling the force while he can't. Winning the fight.

I prefer that to the idea that Kylo knows the XXAO will counter her strike and force push her. How Ray no a YX block when she's never even gone through the tutorial.

As a fencer I have to point out that the one irredeemable thing she does in the webm is bring her lightsaber all the way back behind her head at the start. Kylo or anyone else should have beaten her with his empty hands right there.

For fuck's sake will you please just let shit like this go? You obsess way too much over stupid shit like this. People like things you don't like. That's just the way of things. Do you really have nothing else going on in your life right now? It wasn't the best movie, but damn, learn to let things go.

he was shot

>Is it a resource both fighters can draw from equally?
M I D I C H L O R I A N S
I
D
I
C
H
L
O
R
I
A
N
S

Honest question, does physical strength mean anything in Star Wars when the Force is involved?

Yoda obviously shows that the Force can allow even an ancient physically frail little green dwarf to move a spaceship around with his mind, but he still has to keep still and concentrate for a moment. Vader looked powerful when he was swinging his saber around, but how much of that was due to him being a seven foot cyborg and how much was the Force?

In OP's clip, we expect the bigger guy (who used to be some sort of knight and has definitely practiced lightsaber fighting before) to be able to overpower a small woman in a grapple, even if the Force was helping her win the sword fight. But no, he can't even win when the Force is seemingly taken out of the picture. Does the Force add muscular strength, too?

Chewbacca is inhumanly strong. Could he win an arm wrestling contest with Rey?

Was I a jedi trained by Luke Skywalker for 15 fucking years? Was I a sith in training for the last 7?

IF THE ANSWER TO BOTH OF THOSE IS YES, THEN YES I WOULD WIN AGAINST A PERSON WHO POSSIBLY HAD 1 YEAR OF TRAINING AS A 4 YEAR OLD.

How is this hard for people to understand. That fight went against everything about jedi training we've seen in the last 6 movies. I honestly was expecting Rey to get her hand chopped off like Luke and Anakin, it would have made 10000x more sense.

She used the dark side, you can see all that rage in her face

size matters not, yoda can lift a fucking x wing, chewbacca jerk his gay wookiee dick, i fuck chewbacca in the ass i wrestle him and choke him out, i take hewbacca and kill him abre hands, naked, oil, i kill the chewbacca ineasy, one two, i punch chewbacca in him neck,m yes, chewbaacca can choke my cock

...and she's Sheev's daughter/granddaughter

He's not a master, he's not really even a student yet. He doesn't even have the Darth title.

Sheev's kid inhereted his mind fuck up powers

>He doesn't even have the Darth title.
what quest to unlock that title? i'm a level 24 sith inquisitor btw

Literally and unironically kill yourself

Yoda makes it clear that when using the Force to lift an object, size/weight doesn't matter. However it is not made clear to what extent the Force is present in lightsaber battles. Yes, a Jedi trusts the Force to guide him when doing things like deflecting laser bolts or other attacks, but I never got the impression that they were using it to enhance their strength, only their cognitive ability. Using solely the Force to lift an object seems different.

How can someone obsess this much about a fictional character for ten months since the movie came out?

She is a force user obviously. If the force can allow you to jump several meters high, then it can allow you to increse strength in the arms and back.

She stomped the fuck out of those guys on Jakku. She clearly knew how to fight

Totally different weapon, you can't be seriously implying if your master one form of combat hot master all?

I'm not really upset that Rey won the fight but I think they could have scripted it a bit better. At one point Kylo and Rey are just stood grappling each other's arms. They hold that position for about ten seconds before Kylo is overpowered, gets his saber cut and his bitch ass sent to the ground.

Adam Driver is 6' 2" and jacked. Daisy Ridley is 5' 7", ottermode, and a girl. There's all kinds of ways they could have shown Rey winning the fight that didn't involve her beating Kylo in a straight match of strength. Hell she could have done the same Jedi mindfuck thing she did in the interrogation room.

She fucks up everything the first try. She whiffed the first blaster shot, she got laughed at by James Bond the first try, she got her shit slapped by Kyle before beating him.

The power of a weak plot and feminism

Nobody was a master of anything. Kylo is a little bitch baby that talks bigger than he is and cries to grandpa's ghost about how hard it is to do the thing people have to actively try to not do, he's not Darth Vader 2

You actually pretty much can. It's not all that different between staffs and swords. Proficiency with one at least crosses over to the others.

At the end of the day a weapon is just a straight line in space and time it's how you utilise your body to move it to close off defensive openings or abuse those of your opponents that matters and those principles remain the same.

Almost all cultures taught sword classes partly with staffs because the larger weapon better shows up certain principles and staffs are way cheaper for larger groups.

IIIIIIIIIIM AAAAACTTTTTTIINNNNNGGG

Theres no other explanation within this single movie. Thats the biggest problem I have with force awakens; with so many unanswered questions its hard to judge it without seeing the later movies for context

Aside from all the one given in this thread. Like being shot less than 10 minutes prior by a weapon that had been shown off twice in the movie to blow shit the fuck up

YAAAAAAASSS SLAAAAAAY

Anything is possible when you wanna dethrone patriarchy ;)

Im talking about her knowing the force already, and how to fight and fly the millennium falcon. 95% likely she was trained by luke already but had her mind erased. but as of now with no explanation its just annoying

She had a bunch of experience with ship parts from scavenging and Anakin was also shown to be naturally good at piloting because of the force. Her fighting ability may have come from defending herself on Jakku (she did carry around a weapon at all times) and her insane force reflexes, which Qui Gonn said is possible when he learned Anakin could drive a pod racer

The fact that he's even walking around is incredible. Usually you expect a person who's been shot in the stomach to, you know, die.

Dont use anything from the prequels to try to justify things

I think maybe you need to read through that post again. I think it sailed over your head.

>being shot less than 10 minutes prior by a weapon that had been shown off twice in the movie to blow shit the fuck up

I wish they'd either:
a) not made such a big deal out of how powerful the bowcaster was, or
b) had Kylo get shot with a different weapon.

As it stands, in order to maintain continuity the bowcaster hit should have blasted Kylo's limbs to the four corners of the room. He wasn't even wearing stormtrooper armor.

Do you know where you are?

Well, he never finished a race and crashed a spaceship when it wasn't on autopilot. I don't think that's the same as piloting a ship that needs a copilot against a small tie squad.

>How do we start a new franchise thats fun for the whole family?
>Lets have a deranged psychopath murder his own father, a fan favorite character!

there was no tension in this scene because the moment she "forced" the lightsaber away from him she had already won.

she bypassed the character development

im so excited for the next star wars holy cow

Luke beat Vader with no Light Saber training (Yoda never trained him on that) just because he got angry and the Dark Side mumbo jumbo gave him power.

Kylo is not even a Sith. Snoke hasn't even trained him.

stop being such a pussy, user.

Maybe he purposely trained him wrong, as a joke.

It's the power of the current year.

>le fan favorite!
good.

Vader was never gonna kill him. Never wanted to. He cared about Luke more than the Emperors orders

She's Sheev reincarnated.

Papa Plinkett explained it in the TFA review, it's likely Rey is Vader's reincarnation cause of that whole impregnated by the force after Palpatine and Plageuis meditated or something to put force cum into Anakain's mommy's vagine.
It's likely Snoke is Plageuis or whatever and that he's done it again after Vader died in the form of Rey, if I recall correctly there's no father in sight in the flashback when Rey gets dropped off on Tatooine 2.0, also explains why she felt attracted to Vader's lightsaber and why she had flashbacks of the imperial ship even though she was never inside of it.

Ultimately this answers OP's question, she has Anakin's force power or midichlorians and the force just sweeps back into her and it was easy for her to btfo Kylo Ren.

I hope she becomes the evil guy and Kylo becomes the good one.

look at what chewies gun did to storm troopers

kylo took that fucker right in the gut

"she is stronger with the force than she knows"
"every moment she's out there, she's getting stronger"

really made me think right. about how you can't follow the plot of a disney film made for children.

>Do you not think women would be raised to our level
It's magic m8, not a goddamn fairytale

Her father is an ewok.

>Vader was never gonna kill him. Never wanted to.
Same thing Kylo felt for Rey.

>Imagine in a world where magic exists. Do you not think women would be raised to our level?

No.

In a real magical world, all would be amorphous asexual blobs. There would be no evolutionary advantage in 99% of men looking bigger than men.

Also, key reminder, I just owned you. Please don't talk to me.

This.

>yfw there is a scene where she sees her reflection and the reflection turns into hayden christiansen

>Wide eyes
>Frowning
>Open mouth
""""""""""acting""""""""""

Actually I hope Kylo and Snoke realize Rey is a much better successor to Vader and Snoke cucks Kylo and Kylo gets upset and reluctantly joins the good guys to stop evil Rey.

Kylo killed Han. There's just no way the good guys will accept him. Maybe a begrudging alliance to take out snoke at best.

Snoke already has an interest in her. He was the one that whispered into her mind about killing Kylo in the novelization.

He has the goods in him doe, and Luke looks worried about Rey when she finds him with his daddy's lightsaber.
I could see Luke teaming up with Kylo if Rey becomes too OP.
Or maybe he just dies in the next movie and Luke, Finn and Poe stop Snoke and Rey.

Rey beats the biggest thread in the 'Current Year' Star Wars universe... Is there even a story left to tell? She can beat his ass, so there is no thread, if there's no thread then there's no tension, and no reason to watch the movie.

It's obvious Snoke will psychologically hurt Rey to the point it makes her question her loyalties.

It's threat you nigger, also read above, she is the biggest threat!!!!

I can see him going his own way. He will never be accepted by the good guys for killing Han, but that shouldnt stop him from redeeming himself. This is Diseny though, something like this isnt likely to happen. Good guys must be good guys and bad guys must be bad guys, there is no jumping over the line and back again with Disney. Rey is Vader reborn and will break the cycle by being a good guy, and will kill hologram Gollum, Ren will die like a bitch because he killed Han and hes been set up to be hated and they need to deliver his just deserts.

Just walk it off, Kylo. You need to fight two people in 10 minutes out in a frozen tundra.

he'd just been shot by the Chewy's bowcaster - something the movie took great pains to show you was uber-powerful.

She fucked up on the first try, but no failure had any repercussions besides "she only did it perfect on the SECOND try, haha!"

When she missed the blaster shot, nothing really happened and then she just started xxxyoloswagginsxxx 360 noscoping everyone perfectly every shot afterwards.

When she failed the jedi mind control on the stormtrooper, the only thing that happened was the Stormtrooper going "Wut u say m8?" And then she tries again and escapes flawlessly.

When she loses to Kylo the first time, he doesn't finish her off and just does the "le join dark side of force", followed by her going "Oh yeah, thats right, the Force is a thing that exists!" and this somehow gives her the inspiration and energy to effortlessly out-lightsaber someone who's been learning to lightsaber presumably since he was old enough to walk on her first ever duel.

Why didn't he just use force push to knock out Finn just like he did with Rey then kill them both at the same time when they were both down?

because JJ doesn't like threatening villains

>Luke beat Vader with no Light Saber training
That was after luke had already fought Vader and lost. Plus he had years of training (unlike Rey)

everything besides a new hope and Empire strikes back is shit

when you noot but she still sooking