Name 1 (one) person with a more successful acting career

Name 1 (one) person with a more successful acting career.

You literally fucking can't.

he's become a pathetic, embarasing shell of his former self who will take any role for a paycheck, much like al pacino and dustin hoffman. very sad.

Tom Cruise
Clint Eastwood
Harrison Ford

all wrong

This

Only Ford is wrong, the others are debatable but rock solid choices

His recent filmography isn't as good as it was in his prime, but it's not that bad.

These. They're not even great actors. Decent, and enjoyable, but no where near amazing.

Sean Connery
Henry Fonda
Michael Caine
Alec Guinness

Actually most British actors are better

Tom Hanks

>Mel Gibson
>Johnny Depp
>Jack Nicholson
>Arnold Schwarzenegger

Only problem was that his career was cut too short.

Daniel Day Lewis

Me

t. Dane Dehaan

jimmy stewart
cary grant

al pacino
leo dicaprio

all decent competition.

>leo "only won his first oscar a month ago" dicaprio

no lol

A more successful career?

Samuel L. Jackson

it was a pity oscar too

he's been in more shit films than good films

so youre judging an actors merit on their award shelf?

Objectively speaking Tom Cruise is the most successful actor ever. His 8 digit paychecks are nothing unusual, but he also takes a cut from gross profits (this important, never take NET profits) and the films he's in are very successful.

yeah but i think its about more than being successful on paper.

he has no legendary movies. eyes wide shut? meh.

Marlon Brando and Jack Nicholson both beat him for sure with 2 and 3 Oscars respectivly for much better roles and performances then his. Also Juliette Binoche has acting awards from all 3 major international film fests, an Oscar and a Cesar and is a better actor then he has ever been

But how do you measure success otherwise? Palm d'or wins? Oscars?

Also, highest salary for a single movie is Keanu Reeves for matrix reloaded (15 mil up front + 15% of the gross = 126 million)

Marlon Brando takes that cake and eats it with his hands.

adam sandler has made much more movies than him

>guy had a great life
>just making money now
I fail to see how's this pathetic.

goddamn Nic Cage had a more successful acting career.

i hate to say this but ranking people based on a subjective art form is stupid. we shouldnt be doing it. but i guess youre right there really arent many ways beside awards and monetary compensation to judge success. but i feel like some movies have created a legend for themselves that without that an actor cant really be all that great. its like im sure theres a few basketball players with better stats than michael jordan, but he not only put up the huge stats but he also made huge highlight reel plays that will never be forgotten. people still talk about babe ruth but he wouldnt be able to compete with todays players. things like this are hard to quantify.

Wanted to post the simpsons one about the guinness book of records,
you are also here for the fattest man on earth.. no greatest actor
couldn't find it

He successfully flushed his genetics right down the toilet that's for sure.

kinda funny how successful people dont give a shit about stuff that doesnt matter huh?

Nicholson.