/Advanced/

This is a thread for those of us who have been watching cinema seriously for over 5 years and have seen over 1000 films. Don't be offended; some of us have simply moved past imdb-core, capeshit, and the same old indie flicks. Do not derail the thread with trolling or off-topic discussion.

Without further adieu, I wish a warm welcome to my fellow cinephiles. Here are some discussion points to get our thread started:

>What have you been watching recently?

>What is your opinion on the current state of American and world cinema?

I watched Deer Hunter today and I must say, I was blown away. A revolutionary look at war and a well-deserved award winner.

Batman v Superman, literally capekino.
It gets better with every rewatch.
I'll probably do my 52nd rewatch tomorrow.

AYYYY HOL UP

WE SUM KINA
SUM SORTA
SUM
HONKEY SQUAD?

anyways brrip of suicide squad dropped today, so ill be marathoning that kino in 20 minutes when my mom says my tendies are cool enough to eat

Does Malick make the cut? Can you recommend anything in the vein of that whole "juxtaposing the cosmic with the everyday" thing he does? I love spiritual films with a very God's eye view of the world that also doesn't get its head lost in the clouds.

Been watching Whores' Glory. Pure documentary kino.

Watched Batman v Superman in 1.12x speed and slightly lowered color saturation today.
The experience was amazing. Plebs will never know the joys of watching kino.

Fincher is the epitome of the IMDB film buff sensibility. He is the consummate purveyor of inauthentic cinema which, along with the r/movies & im/tv/ gang who worship these hacks, is destroying the medium.

>b-but muh slick shots!
>m-muh Reznor score! (another worthless miserable hack)

If you like Fincher, you are an enemy of the medium. Get out.

Rocco and his Brothers is a 10/10 essential film.

I love Alain Delon.

Just say Kino already. You know you want to.

My Favorite films of all time:

1) Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice
2) Thor
3) Suicide Squad
4) Iron Man
5) Guardians of the Galaxy

Honorable Mention:
Deadpool

I feel Marvel is the pinnacle of cinematic filmmaking (cinematography, gorgeous establishing shots and deep character development/arcs), but DC nails alot of the elements such as grandeur, allegory & imagery.

It's been months since the bluray was released. You should've crossed 100 by now. Quit slacking.

Also, make sure you watch the theatrical cut and blu ray cut side-by-side. Adjust the speeds of both movies so that they end together.

May we have examples of what you've watched lately? So far you seem to be all talk.

Also Enemy was a good movie.

recently saw both Jauja and Far From Men, both recent Viggo Mortensen films. both were exceptional films showcasing vistas and landscapes in two entirely different parts of the world: Argentina and Algeria/Morocco. i highly recommend them.

As a TRUE cinephile *sips Cognac* I have many thousands of films under my belt.

Here is a smattering of my favorites, true examples of cinema in all it's glory

>Suicide Squad
>Iron man
>Spiderman 3
>BVS Dawn of Justice Theatrical Cut
>BVS Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition
>Batman Begins

My favourites are probably

Sommaren med Monika (1953, Bergman)
牯嶺街少年殺人事件 (1991, 楊)
চারুলতা (1964, রায়)
Ordet (1955, Dreyer)
Les Moissons du Ciell (1978, Malick)
Oктябpь «Дecять днeй, кoтopыe пoтpяcли миp (1927, Эйзeнштeйн)
红高粱 (1987, 张艺谋)
Fear and Desire (1953, Kubrick)
Зepкaлo (1975, Tapкóвcкий)
Un Chien Andalou (1928, Luis Buñuel)
浪華悲歌 (1936, 溝口)
Le Révélateur (2002, Philippe Garrel)

But I doubt you've heard of many of them OP

as for American and World Cinema. both are same as it ever was. plenty of outstanding indie productions stacking local art houses and plenty of bloated blockbusters stacking mall cinemas.

>Enemy was a good movie

>From the director of Prisoners
Not at all

The most IMDB sensibility film made so far. Anybody who thinks that Prisoners is above mediocre is juvenile about the medium and entirely emblematic of the video game crossposter fueled downfall of this board.

Villeneuve is one of the biggest trashmasters working today. This is hot pocket the movie. Cheeto dust: the flick.

IMDB "FILM BUFF" pleb fodder. If you like this film then you are an enemy of the medium.

>MUH BASED JAKE
>MUH BASED DEAKINS
>MUH DARK THRILLER
>MUH RELIGIOUS SYMBOLISM

All the memes are there

Do these threads ever work? you're literally asking for shitposts

>Зepкaлo
Why is it regarded as his best work? I don't get it

>Fear and Desire
shit kubrick

what did you think of Ordet? Do you pastafags at least watch the films you post?

needs work, obvious

I'm sure you could make a convincing argument if you weren't so angry.

I was going to do it tonight but it's already past my bed time and mommy will be angry if she catches me. Goodnight.

Here are my top 10

1) Бэтмeн пpoтив cвepхчeлoвeкa зape пpaвocyдия oкoнчaтeльнoй peдaкции
2) 敢死隊 (Gǎnsǐduì)
3) Top 2 тъмния cвят
4) سبايدرمان 3
5) Mcтитeли: Эpa Ультpoнa
6) Jocul morții
7) Кaпитaн Aмepикa гpaждaнcкoй вoйны
8) cтpaжи Гaлaктики
9) 神奇四侠
10) ダークナイトライジング

Fucking no life scum go eat a dick degenerate shitbag

i love this board

Cant argue with dem mean 8's
True cinephile

Toransufômâ (2007, Bay)
O Cavaleiro das Trevas (2008, Nolan)
Бoйцoвcкий клyб (1999, Fincher)
Pirmsakums (2010, Nolan)
Fiction pulpeuse (1994, Tarantino)
Kahe tule vahel (2006, Scorsese)
Smrtonosná past 4.0 (2007, Wiseman)
Hämmästyttävä Hämähäkkimies (2012, Webb)
Huan Tai Ping Yang (2013, Del Toro)
Les évadés (1994, Darabont)

>It's been months since the bluray was released.
It just came out you fucking loser. Why lie? I don't get it like ...what's the point?

what the fuck pham? the fucks' your problem with me? i swear to god i'll fuck you up nigga, back the fuck off??

Kill yourself, aeltbx

>July
>JUST came out

Read a book and actually watch tarkovskys films retard