youtube.com/watch?v=ddHfau_ONSw
youtube.com/watch?v=7FsXqidZgG4
youtube.com/watch?v=CVpOaeBtr7w
youtube.com/watch?v=YzwVDkLgrts
youtube.com/watch?v=SAa_7aBZY8g
youtube.com/watch?v=L1FyplOl0XU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm cautiously optimistic.

It will be funny in the same way Arrested Development season 4 was funny. A somewhat amusing season that pales to the original show.

Felicia Day is a truly awful choice for a mad, she's going to mug the camera like crazy.

Isn't Patton Oswalt apart of this?

Best MST3k episode

youtube.com/watch?v=ddHfau_ONSw

>Casselton snobs

i will never get over new voices for the bots. should have either made sure they got corbett & murphy or just brought in new bots altogether

>raise $7 million from Kickstarter to fund entire production
>sell rights to Netflix for millions of dollars more
What did Joel mean by this

Unfortunately.

It won't "fail" but it won't be any good. People will watch because of nostalgia and it will hobble along for a while.

Who is doing the voices?

>literally every line Tom's had so far has referenced the fact that he's black now
This is going to get old fast

>corbett & murphy
You mean Weinstein and Beaulieu user

I was this until I heard the writer from Ready Player One was in.

This is fucked.

>that part where he steals the car and immediately crashes it
MST3Kino

>i will never get over new voices for the bots. should have either made sure they got trace & weinstein or just brought in new bots altogether

When the fuck is this coming out?

This, the fact that its new voices doesnt bother me so much as I dont think the people they chose are that good.

youtube.com/watch?v=7FsXqidZgG4

The new Crow is very good already. Like he's not perfect, but he's got the tone already so that's a hugely optimistic sign

The new Servo can go fuck himself

I HATE TOM SERVO'S NEW VOICE

>Best MST3k episode
Not Fugitive Alien, user - it's like you don't want someone to try killing you with a forklift

Both of these are good, excellent even. But this is the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=CVpOaeBtr7w

Crow is great because it's close to the originals. Servo will take some getting used to. They moved away from the deep, John Ratzenburger inflection.

What the fuck that sounds nothing like him? Crow's is fine because the guys sounds similar and has the right tone. But Toms is just some dude who sounds nothing like him talking about shit. Literal shit

>even 90% of the YouTube comments are shitting on Servo
lel

Wacka Ja Wacka

I'll see you Russian folklore kino and raise you Coleman Francis

youtube.com/watch?v=YzwVDkLgrts

were far too deep into the fan fiction era for it to be any good.

im betting its gonna be cringey, derivitive, and internal monologue "funny" at best.

sounds like a bunch of alt-right piss babies to me :3

Oh now I see why they hired somebody who sounds nothing like servo to voice servo. All makes sense

Even the skit before the film is a good one

Best is when the main villian was talking and servo would mock his slurring voice

>"So Crow, what'd you think of today's movie?"
>"I couldn't tell ya, Tom. I was too distracted by Patton filling his cheeks with mixed nuts."
>"Right! He kept mushing his face together and spitting 'em onto the floor."
>"What a headcase. He just laughs hysterically at his own flatulence."
>"The guy looks like a bunch of hamsters stacked on top of one another inside people clothes."

It'll be terrible.

Know who would have made a great Tom Servo?

>Felicia Day is a part of this
Welp, dropped before I even picked it up.
Thanks internet culture, you ruined one of the things I loved.

>Is this destined to fail?

is there a single reboot/remake that wasn't a disaster?

the only one that comes in my mind is Dredd

Where have you been in the past year?

reddit memeshit means anything even close to resembling nostalgia will "succeed", even if the quality is far from the original

Mad Max: Furiosa Road

the new host isn't from the midwest

Not knowing much about the remake of MST3K so this was off of my radar

>25 years later and we're still saying Servo's new voice sucks

Here's Joel on why

>"nerd royalty"

>...someone who could be both comedic and threatening...

>A camel

What a great joke.

Nerd royalty because of a youtube series about mmo's, good grief

Day is not funny.
She's cute maybe, geeky hot maybe, possibly even a decent actress maybe, but she isn't funny.

Watched every single episode of the original and I'm not even going to think about touching this.

It's going to go the way of Beavis and Butt-Head or Zoolander (and Austin Powers if they ever make another one), which is to say that it will come off as a hokey kitsch festival.

The problem with waiting eons between releases (especially in a genre like comedy) is that new people/writers often come along in the interim and update the ideas and styles that "cult" shows/movies originally made popular. This effectively raises the bar (or changes the game altogether) for everyone involved.

Recycling themes and motifs (Turbo Kid, Drive, Stranger Things) is totally different than rehashing an exhausted format (Zoolander, Austin Powers, Beavis and Butt-Head). One works, the other is trying to reboot Nothing But Trouble.

Dead serious here

The Beavis and Butt-Head revival had great ratings and MTV told Mike Judge they were canceling it because "too many white males were watching it and that's not our target demo"

The most egregious thing about this entire debacle, by far. Should have just gone with new bots.

>It's the L.L. Bean gang!
>Yarrrgh, sixteen men on a dead Dodge Dart

man that sucks

I fucking loved the Twilight episode where they tried to turn into werewolves

>this week's experiment stinks worse than Frank's wife's corpse
>this week's experiment features more dead careers than the Oswalt family residence

what did Patton mean by this

>Felicia Day

Yes.

>"What do you think sir?"
>sir
what did he mean by this?

HOLY FUCK THAT TOM SERVO VOICE IS AWFUL MUH CHILDHOOD

I am a long time Mike-Era MST3K fan. On my car I have bumper sticker that simply says "Rowsdower" on it. I will not watch this show.

>Felicia Day
are you fucking kidding me?

>the guild
>killer web series

Some men have vaginas. Deal with it.

Fuck off.

just watch rifftrax and not this garbage

It'll probably have a couple extra seasons and then be retired.

It won't be hated like the Star Wars prequels. It'll be looked like the Hobbit trilogy. It hearkens back to better material, but cannot match it.

Rowsdower, is that a stupid name?

I'd watch a rifftrax OF this garbage.

>yfw you didn't fund this

Jack Frost aka Morozko is pure kino, I enjoyed it so much I got it on DVD. Final Justice too.

>MTV told Mike Judge they were canceling it because "too many white males were watching it and that's not our target demo"
I wonder if that's why he's been showing up on Infowars lately

youtube.com/watch?v=SAa_7aBZY8g

Even the guy talking behind the camera would make a better servo.

I like
youtube.com/watch?v=L1FyplOl0XU

Crow I give an 8/10. Servo is -2/10.

The only reason I've seen this episode is I confuse it with Warrior of the Lost World and just go with the mistake.

It would definitely be improved by a MegaWeapon or two though

I feel so, so bad for the people who funded this.

Felicia Silverstane makes everything bimble.

It has a bunch of different writers who are on/off at different times. Patton Oswalt and some other comedians have a hand in the writing.

Doesn't necessarily mean it'll be good, but it's something.

why didn't they cast C. Peterson?

Watch the MST3K reunion, the guy they got to play the lead was fucking awful. If that was an example of their new style it's going to be a shit show.

TV's Frank killed it though, I wish he was with Rifftrax or something.

either this or teenage crime wave

People who donate to kickstarter and indie gogo should be put in camps.

>cautiously optimistic

With all "those" names attached to it?

Joel should have sold the rights to rlm desu senpai.

They should have known as soon as they saw no one from the show was going to play an onscreen role.

They didn't mention that until a few months into it, you can probably work it out from the update post datestamps

They've been re-airing episodes on Comet every Sunday night for the past month! Is this the first time MST3K has been on a network channel?