Waterworld

>could have been Mad Max on water
>happened to be shit

What went wrong? Also, how could a remake work out?

Other urls found in this thread:

whnt.com/2015/06/07/jaws-considered-the-first-summer-blockbuster/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>happened to be shit
need to go back redditor friend

You haven't even seen it, have you?

>Waterworld
>shit

You're the one who's shit, familia

it was ok

its kino shlock

>Waterworld
>It barely has any sea creatures

I've seen it and is totally shit, wtf is this a new meme? that's why I hate to work I miss on the latest memes.

its not a meme you just have bad taste

imagine idris elba starring in the reboot of this

Make it huge.
Like a hive city of 40K.

Just make Hive City movie instead...

Nope, it's objectively shit and the only thing about it that's half decent is Dennis Hopper and possibly the scene with the guy in the boat inside the tanker when it blows up.

>Drew Struzan draws beautiful posters for the movie
>Studio doesn't use any of them

It wasn't shit it just cost a lot and didn't have good box office return. Bombing at the box office isn't the same as being a bad movie. Not knowing the difference makes one a pleb though.

it's old meme to like shit flicks
tdkr, bvs, ss , neon demon, waterworld

The main problem was that annoying child character.

Cast the inevitable remake. I pick Chris Hemsworth for the main role.

>imagine idris elba starring in the reboot of this
he could row a boat with his BBC

it was mad max on water though wtf were you watching?

I have a better feeling that jack black would be much better because his acting would make the atmosphere more interesting

I see this more as a TV show than a feature remake. It's such a huge world that could be explored over multiple seasons.

40K? Fuck off with your neckbeard Games Workshop faggotry. Go play with your painted figures faggot.

It wouldn't be believable. Black people can't swim.

Remake with that stupid little girl from Stranger Things and the pedos of Cred Forums will fucking eat it up

legit didnt know this. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

>commission artwork from Drew "the man" Struzan
>don't use it
Whoever made that decision should get shot

From casting Kevin Costner to this poster story, this whole movie was a succession of poor decisions.
Could have been much better if the people on charge weren't so stupid.

>Nope, it's objectively shit and the only thing about it that's half decent is Dennis Hopper and possibly the scene with the guy in the boat inside the tanker when it blows up
Based on that conclusion. I think its safe to assume you're a big superhero movie fan.
>i only like the parts with flat quips and where things blow up

I feel bad for Struzan. No wonder why the movie flopped when it had those lame forgettable photoshopped posters to advertise the most expensive movie of the year.

The most expensive movie EVER at the time.

we'll get a remake eventually.

why it was son expensive??

nope. i just thought the guy's "oh thank god" was pretty funny and that Dennis Hopper was the best actor involved. The rest of it was wooden Costner and the little kid from Neighbours with a stupid map on her back.

Perhaps you tell me what ((YOU)) thought was good about it user instead of strawmanning me.

I think it wasn't meant to be like that. Lots of costly problems during production.

PRODUCTION HELL - The Movie

Huge sets they made and general water related issues

It was. Media out to get this 3star movie from the start for some strange reason. Who cares how much it cost.

>remake

Fuck your shit millennial.

thanks anons, for a moment I forgot I was on Cred Forums, the most contrarian place on Earth

They used bottled water to make it more realistic. Sea water doesn't look good right on film.

kek

Waterworld was comfy as f to watch. The Exxon Valdeez makes an appearance. All those cigarettes..

>((you))
Not a kike
>straw man
Do you know what that means?

The film was not fantastic but far from awful. I agree that Hopper was the most alluring actor in the film. Although, Kevin Costner obviously decided to play his character as a poker-faced outsider. The good parts about the film include:
>great score
>dean semler does a stellar job with cinematography
>movie plays smoothly
>the story arc portrays well the slowly thawing demeanor of Costner towards the girl and mother
Im not saying it's great, it's just simply not "objectively bad".

she was fine; she's just a cheeky seagirl.

you want to see annoying children?

>muh stereotype-breaking

so what you're saying is they're definitely gonna make it

Jaws ran over budget too and not 99% water based. Shooting film on water is unpredictable.

whnt.com/2015/06/07/jaws-considered-the-first-summer-blockbuster/

"kike" fuck off, and yes i do know what straw man means. It's kinda like saying "oh you must like capeshit" based on nothing more than my praising one scene. You were using that to effectively devalue my statement instead of posting a proper rebuttal.

You forgot the fact that the film has fantastic props and sets. Love seeing all the little bits of junk they put together to make the outfits and living areas.

James Newton Howard's score was easily one of the best things to come out of this movie.
That "swimming" theme is comfy af

why do you think it's shit? what was bad about it? care to elaborate?

I wasn't grasping though, I was assuming, and I just gave my rebuttal. It was tu quoque than anything. Still, I'm not a yid, I would appreciate you not equating me to a clever rat.

I didn't mention that, but you're right. Its the subtleties that make all the difference.

I don't think Jack Black would be suited.

>mostly

Costner is a worse actor than a block of oak, the kid annoyed me, the map tattoo idea was lame, those faggots going "paper, paper" every five seconds, the stupid giant fish, and probably a few other things that i've forgotten. i've not seen it for a long time because I generally don't watch things i don't like.

name one reason why all he has to do is lose some weight and he will be ready for the role

A lot of my favorite movies were bombs at the box office, like Dredd, Treasure Planet, & John Carter.

ben mendohlson would be better

Jack is back Baby!

you are a man of excellent taste

your just wrong jack black can be very good at acting in serous films

He was great in Peter Jackson's Kino Kong.

Of course I've seen it. There's a new one every week.

Was he "our" guy?

I didnt say he otherwise. I though he was fantastic in Bernie. I just don't think this role would suit him. Long scenes with no talk, doesn't suit his skills

>Also, how could a remake work out?

It needs to start comfy.

you only saw it now holy shit you're 14 roflmao
it's actually based