What's a good film to watch on LSD?

What's a good film to watch on LSD?

Doesn't have to be a drug related movie, just something colourful that's easy to digest.

>ftr the last film I watch on acid was Charlies Angels: Full Throttle. I couldn't make hide nor hair of the entire movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8OHnC24Qx8k
youtube.com/watch?v=sjivgLoikcg
youtube.com/watch?v=s5FyfQDO5g0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cum fart cocktails #4

I watched The Ninth Gate on acid once and i was nuts.
Another time I watched Dumb and Dumber but I don't reccomend it, especially the uncut version because the uncut scenes get really dark and made me feel uneasy. It kind of ruines watching comdies for me for awhile.

I watched alladin during a trip.
Overall enjoyable but this exact frame of the movie put me in a really tense state.

Watch the 1980s Transformers cartoon movie. You will not be disappointed. Seriously

Actually not a bad suggestion

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heavy Metal
Enter the Void
Lawrence
Full Metal Jacket

All fantastic off the top of my head, seen em all on acid.

Also:

Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Ninja Scroll
Mononoke/Spirited Away
Memories (adapted vignettes from the artist of akira)
Angel's Egg

If you like eastern animation at all, seen a lot of these on L too.

>no kuuchuu buranko

In the same vein as this, Laser Blast or Dark Star.

It's not a comprehensive list, Familiar Associate of Mine.

Tree of Life

I liked The Revenant and Akira on acid

I queued up 50 minutes of Vincent Collins shorts while on a 300ug trip, most of it was in a weird trance state that I don't really remember well but this one

youtube.com/watch?v=8OHnC24Qx8k

made me physically break down in tears and have a real cry. I can't remember the last time I cried like that and I haven't since. It was beautiful and immediately after I called my sister and told her how much I loved her and how she meant more to me than any human on the planet.

Now I can't do acid without thinking of all my responsibilities and it freaks me out a lot. So I don't do drugs anymore.

DUDEEEE, lsd lmao xD

Some more good ones I've seen on acid, albeit in the art house vein.

Aguirre: The Wrath of God
Stalker
The Mirror
Au Hasard Balthazar
Le Samurai
The color of Pomegranates (hard to find in decent quality)

I should note, watch movies in the highest quality possible when you're tripping, don't watch rinky dink "720p" streams.

youtube.com/watch?v=sjivgLoikcg

this guy's channels pretty good.

I refuse to believe anyone taking acid would be remotely interested in watching a fucking movie.

who gives a shit what you believe?

Black Narcissus

God damn you got GOT my dude

excellent pick

The Adventures of Mark Twain

The 1985 version.

The only correct answer is Disney's Fantasia.

I'm schizoaffective so I won't risk taking LSD but I can't see what it could offer me that I don't already have sober anyways.

Speed Racer is the GOAT acid movie.
Mallick and Wes Anderson can be existential while tripping
Pixar movies are comfy af when coming down.
I much prefer to jam the music when I'm tripping on acid or mushrooms.

Opening scene of the godfather! Marlon Brando looked like satan with horns!

I bet Koyaanisqatsi would be incredible.

Baraka and Samsara are my go to trip movies. Get as hi-def as possible and thank me later.

Any Disney movie would be good I imagine.

I wish Baraka had more urban landscapes and war-related scenes rather than a bunch of different tribes doing the dances of their peoples

From Dusk till Dawn is pretty good trippin.

Have you actually tried it? I watched cartoons while tripping and it was really enjoyable.

>it's a sacred substance that must be respected and you must have an earth shattering reevaulation of your life and spiritual awakening... blah blah

dude nature bro just go look at trees lmao

I like the quatsi trilogy. They're just not as nice to deal with on hallucinogenics.

Watched this recently. Might give it a re-watch with some mushrooms. The black and white images of the jungle could make for some interesting visuals.

Feherlofia
Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors
Valhalla Rising

Call me a faggot but I had adventure time on the other day when I had a breakthrough trip and it was wonderful. Very nice show

Best suggestion coming through

Yellow Submarine.

The Beatles favourite film starring them, despite them not actually being in it at all.

Watch speed racer. Its a mind fuck

>watching movies on LSD
Y tho, that's so boring

I dunno

I prefer comedies on psys. I had a great time watching young frankenstein on acid last night

Watched some of Theres Something About Marry on way too much shrooms and it was blowing my mind!

I'm looking forward to watching Dr. Strange while on acid

Surprised The Matrix hasn't been posted yet. They name drop mescaline in the first scene. A

Watch Speed Racer on the largest TV with the highest resolution you can.

Acid usually lasts a long time, plenty of different activities can be fit into a trip

I watched Speedracer, walked to the park and sat there for a while, did some painting and floated around with n my pool the first time I did it, lasted like 10 hours

>Angel's egg
Can't describe how good that was

>not spending the entire trip lying on your back listening to concept albums

Anything colourful really. Don't know about you, but I can't really handle violence when tripping.

>colorful
>inoffensive

You are doing acid wrong.

I wish I had some acid

Nothing, go outside and enjoy your momentary escape from reality and addiction you faggot

swirlies 2
new fetish coming through

This.

I've tried watching films on acid, and usually lose interest pretty quick or once I peek.

Watching a flat screen for 2 hours is really not that great on acid. It's more fun to look at yourself in the mirror or sit in a chair and soak up your environment than it is to try follow a movie. If you want to watch movies high, weed is obviously a better drug. Psychedelics are best combined with music, both listening to it or creating it, drawing/painting, hanging out with people, or introspection, at least that is the way I feel about it.

dude muh cartoons bro, they're so trippy! Don't knock it until you try it. Some of the best experiences i've had were handing out at a campfire in the desert with a close group of friends on acid.

Only answer. Hours of it.

G.O.A.T.

Get a crystal glass with cool cuts in the bottom and shine a flashlight through it at the wall in the dark room and move it around, it was unironically one of my favorite psych experiences I've ever had.

Fuck off Jew, that movie was the only thing that scared me as a child because it gave me nightmares about those fucking vulture things kidnapping my (at the time) infant little brother. I can't imagine it would be a good time for me on acid.

For your bleeding.

Movie freaked me the fuck out too but for some reason I thought the elf girl was hot as fuck...I don't know why.

Fantasia was literally made to be watched on hallucinogens. The animators were big fans of mescaline.

Off the Air is perfect for tripping. They're pretty short each too, so you can switch to something else if/once you get bored.

You're a fucking idiot. You're wasting LSD by watching movies. Also if you've dosed so little that you can actually watch a movie, then you haven't taken enough and you're wasting your time and money.

just take a huge amount and watch attenborough
that fucking cheetah chase from planet earth or life
the fucking breaching great whites
intense

So taking on acid makes people gravitate to flashy, shallow films with style over substance? I'll keep that in mind.

shut the fuck up fatty

nah, Pretty Sloppy #4, first Kitchen scene with the cake glitter and whatnot

>time dilation
>muddled thinking
>constant distractions
>>>hallucinations

Which of these has factory farming ? I remember some chicks on a conveyor or something......

I think it was pretty scathing of the mentality behind getting high.

i agree completely. Go outside ffs, unless you live in the favela.

End of Evangelion

but you probably drink so stfu fatty

I literally fucking don't, but I am fat.

Not a movie, but I loved watching It's Always Sunny. I watched the Pretty Woman episode and Frank's Little Beauties and had a blast.

LSD can be a powerful tool for introspection and creativity and can change the way you perceive yourself and your surroundings; or you can just have fun with it, people tend to get a bit po-faced about its use.

Either way, I don't think that's a valid criticism from anybody that chooses to spend any amount of time on this brain-rotting, vacuous board.

youtube.com/watch?v=s5FyfQDO5g0

I couldn't work the computer enough when I was peaking but I did get to watch this video which summed up my experience well.
>Purple and yellow looked really good
>Kaleidoscope vision
>lots of going back to bed
>getting lost changing my outfit
>losing track of time

>LSD can be a powerful tool for introspection and creativity and can change the way you perceive yourself and your surroundings
Rationalizing as fuck. Just about nobody used it for this purpose. I would personally enjoying almost nothing inspired by it, even by "creative" types.

> I don't think that's a valid criticism from anybody that chooses to spend any amount of time on this brain-rotting, vacuous board.
I'm hardly perfect, but coming here is less degenerate than dropping acid.

in your opinion

>Just about nobody used it for this purpose.
Microdosing is fairly common to promote creativity, there is a strong culture of not "wasting" trips on light and indoors entertainment.
etc are representative of a commonly held opinion.
>I'm hardly perfect, but coming here is less degenerate than dropping acid.
Rationalizing as fuck. "Degenerate" is a buzzword, there is nothing wrong with enjoying drugs in moderation. Wasting your life shitposting on Cred Forums all day has the same net effect as being a grass addicted wasteman.

I meant to say, on average nobody does this. Or at least, very few people who drop acid will actually benefit from it and produce something worthwhile.

> "Degenerate" is a buzzword
degenerate: having lost the physical, mental, or moral qualities considered normal and desirable; showing evidence of decline.

Drugs use is a form of escapism that seeks to escape reality on a purely sensory level, without any effort on the person's part. It goes beyond regular forms of pleasure, like food or even sex, but is a form of experiencing madness. A man who values his rational faculty above anything would find it horrifying to even temporarily inducing insanity. Is it merely a coincidence that society so strongly associates delinquency with drug use?

watching movies is a waste of acid

>I meant to say, on average nobody does this. Or at least, very few people who drop acid will actually benefit from it and produce something worthwhile.
I'd say based on the effort it takes to get LSD as well as the respect with which psychedelics need to be taken there would be few people taking them flippantly.

Just because you can quote me a definition of degeneracy doesn't make it any less overused and misapplied, particularly here where it used to try and give some sort of objective moral spin to personal opinion.

>A man who values his rational faculty above anything would find it horrifying to even temporarily inducing insanity.
Which is one of the reasons why people don't take psychedelics flippantly.

>Is it merely a coincidence that society so strongly associates delinquency with drug use?
Drug addiction, like any addiction is tragic, but you would struggle to find roving gangs of LSD addled thieves.

>Which is one of the reasons why people don't take psychedelics flippantly.
Now who's generalizing?

Western civilization has no need of acquiring more vices from lower cultures. With the exception of tobacco, hemp, and opium, (the latter reserved for only a very small portion of society), it has stayed largely free of recreational drugs, in contrast to the lower Eastern culture, of course, literal savages. The value of works produced through the influence of LSD has been generally overrated, (some 60s rock album, some worthless modern art piece), and this still represents a tiny fraction of those who use it.

If LSD were truly mind expanding, it's general use could be more accepted, but it's really an induced madness and such epiphanies never go beyond a sensory level. For this reason, I will continue to despise it, as generally a negative influence on people, no matter how confined.

>The value of works produced through the influence of LSD has been generally overrated, (some 60s rock album, some worthless modern art piece)
I'm pretty sure most pieces of art which get created under the influences are not openly advertised as such.
Additionally, this is not an argument but just your opinion on art.

>If LSD were truly mind expanding, it's general use could be more accepted, but it's really an induced madness and such epiphanies never go beyond a sensory level.
So you do not believe the hundreds of people who state that they had a life changing experience after a LSD trip
I don't think it is too much to ask to make it easier to have studies about the mode of action, risks and possibilities of psychedelics.

>For this reason, I will continue to despise it, as generally a negative influence on people, no matter how confined.
But you're fine with alcohol and tobacco, right? Seems to me like drugs that have a way worse negative influence on people and their surroundings, which are still only accepted because for cultural reasons.
I have yet to see or hear about a group of LSD users roaming through a city, harassing and annoying people. Not too menion the death cases, easy addiction on alcohol and the general willingness to commit crimes and doing stupid stuff of a drunk.

both of them, they had very upsetting parts when I was sober so on a drug it would be a fucking nightmare

I'd have to edit them out first

You shouldn't watch any movies on acid, or any psychedelics for that matter.

It's unlikely you'll pay attention to a movie whilst tripping anyway.

>Seems to me like drugs that have a way worse negative influence

Why are you talking such hippy nonsense? Define 'negative'.

>only accepted because for cultural reasons

You mean, they're only accepted because they're accepted? Right.

Try Star Trek: The Motion Picture while tripping. I know it's quite the experience.

>2001
Got mad at Kubrick after literally 3 minutes of black screen at the beginning. "Fuck you, you prick, this is bullshit".

>Enter the Void
That movie is dumb and obnoxious as shit. The background noise kills my ears. Also the DMT visuals are not actually DMT visuals so what is the fucking point? Fuck you, you pretentious French loser.

Ultimately it depends on your dose. The higher, the more unengaging the movie needs to be so you can go off on tangents without missing anything. For this reason those are awesome tripping movies. Beautiful, nice music, thought provoking. Tree of Life works well for a similar reason and I say that as an atheist.

I enjoyed Fear and Loathing as well, in a different way. Made me randomly redose with weird research chemicals and everything was psychedelic colors and sparkles.

LSD is cheap as fuck and can be used in many ways to increase the pleasure you derive from spending your time. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean someone else will feel the same. For example I'd never trip outdoors, because I dislike people and live in the center of a major city with nothing but concrete and industrial facilities within walking distance. Insisting that people only trip jam their head up their ass as deeply as possible, or only trip outside or around people is closed minded as hell.

>If you want to watch movies high, weed is obviously a better drug. Psychedelics are best combined with music, both listening to it or creating it, drawing/painting, hanging out with people, or introspection, at least that is the way I feel about it.
'Weed makes me dumb and anxious. I can't follor or appreciate any movie and I don't remember shit afterwards. LSD gives me autistic focus, several strands of thought at the same time, and making connections between all kinds of shit. That's perfect for a good movie. Obviously don't watch something while you're peaking on 200µg, but it's perfectly fine for 75µg or so.

Ahh Samsara is great on acid. Except when it morphs into the office drones.
Too relatable..

>something colourful that's easy to digest
Maybe some Refn.

DUDE ACID LMAO FIND YOURSELF NATURE TRIP

This is the best movie.

Not the guy you areally talking to, but your acceptance of culture as truth is a sign you should really try psychedelics.

>people don't take psychedelics flippantly.
The majority of psychedelic users are doing them at parties or similar events with little knowledge and even less care.

The spiritual psychonaut who takes them after long preparation for the purpose of self analysis is a tiny autistic minority.

>It goes beyond regular forms of pleasure, like food or even sex, but is a form of experiencing madness. A man who values his rational faculty above anything would find it horrifying to even temporarily inducing insanity.

Have you ever tried anything stronger than marijuana? I mean I know you'll say yes to support your argument but that reads like you haven't.

Not really, because you have to account for the amount of use

People who just randomly take shrooms at a party aren't doing it all the time for their entire young adult life

Weirdos that are really into psychedelics and prepare for them and try to maximize them take way way more, I'm talking weekly for years

Eva