Who is the one true heir to Stanley Kubrick?

Who is the one true heir to Stanley Kubrick?

His daughter Vivian.

inb4 proven hacks not worthy of his mantle

Edgar Wright

Zack Snyder

kill yourself

In a way, Chris Nolan. Not in quality but in the sense of basically being an indie/arthouse filmmaker who somehow managed to sneak in and make movies with studio backing.

adam sandler when he first started making movies

someone who made 2 good movies? hmmm i guess Tarantino would fit that bill

depending on how you look at things and what you're focusing on, the first two that immediately come to mind are refn and fincher.

kill yourself

fpbp as usual lads

No one. Closest mainstream guy might be PTA.

I dunno, he spent the vast majority of his career trying to be Bresson, who is the one true heir to him?

he doesn't care about movies only money

Paul Thomas Anderson

Nice try, Zack Snyder.

>known to have 1000 takes
>battles with studios about his concepts
>shots that instill awe and dread
>long wait time between movies

David fincher is our guy

Michael Bay

Eh, basically what I was going to say.
>style over substance
>passes pretentiousness off as meaning
>ultimately boring and without any real depth

>Seeing is understanding. But it's still subliminal because cinema is really not about what we see, it's about what we don't see. Creativity is about a two-way experience where you experience something that plants a seed that it then deliver back in to whatever it is you're experiencing. And it becomes this circular movement that basically travels with you for the rest of your life. It defines you, forms you, inspires you, scares you. And in that world good and bad has no meaning, because in the world of this revolution everything is acceptable, everything is common, and there is something for everyone. That kind of world is where I come from because it's the future. And I've always felt I came from the future.