The magnificent seven

thoughts?

>inb4 ayoo hol up

How did it go in the boxoffice?

>remake of a remake
>meme actors
truly the depths of plebness

Good idea but terrible execution. It felt rushed and unfinished.

>weird baneposting tier dialogue "You'll be killed ...by the WORLDS BEST LOVER"
>Except for Denzel and Chris, we know nothing about the other characters like Commanche guy, Hillbilly guy, Korean bro, Mexican Bandit and Ethan Hawke.
>Commance bro joins them for no reason along with Hillbilly bro
>Ethan Hawke comes back for no reason
>Rather then starting off slow and building up to a crecendo like the 1960's classic, it's bay tier explosions and fighting constantly.
>Yul Brenner > Denzel Washington
>I don't agree with the decision to not show overt racism. While it was pleasant at first, it's almost as if its white washing history and pretending that ridiculous discrimination and racism didn't exist. Then they drop weird stuff like casually mentioning that Hillbilly bro killed 300 commanche as if its no big deal
>bad guy is meme tier cartoon character evil. Not even close to Eli Wallach

Went to wikipedia and pulled this quote from the 1960 movie.

> As they leave, they pass the graves of their fallen comrades. Chris says, "The Old Man was right. Only the farmers won. We lost. We'll always lose".

Compare that to 2016. Denzel brutally murders the fuck out of everyone, people get their righteous vengeance and then they move on. No forgiveness, no introspection, nothing. Shit tier movie.

Both of them were better then the Japanese one. That was just one giant fucking meme.

hillbilly guy was a sniper for the confederate army, otherwise yeah none of the others had backstory. they could have done way, way more with commanche guy, especially when he fought the other commanche dude

Should've been an all female cast like the new Ocean's Eleven move tbqh

>shitty remake of a remake
>niggers,spics and other phantasmagorical creatures

0/10

It's a remake of an adaptation, user

How many survive this time?

even worse

3 I think

>black guy
>commanche guy
>woman

Would watch this on a Sunday afternoon on TBS-tier. Decent action flick.

Music was great.

And the Mexican.

I thought he got wrecked by the maxim

NO WHITES

>hillbilly guy was a sniper for the confederate army
really?

>hollywood movie
>none of the white people survive

MAKES U THINK

did you miss both the parts where he gets PTSD flashbacks

Asian and Ethan Hawke get killed in the belltower, Donofrio gets arrowed in the street, Pratt an heroes. Only 4 tombstones at the end.

I haven't watched it I just didn't know/don't believe there were snipers of that time period

What was this really about?

wrong thread

The Magnificent Reddit

wasn't really so much an an hero as it was a martyrdom

I hate how invincible Denzel's character is, winning the fight wit not a scratch even in the most heated part of the battle.

Comanche dude is not very memorable also.

I like the bantz between Pratt and the texican tho.

keanus a closet gay thats why hes with clayton

True.

they was cowboyz n shiet

It's the kind of silly popcorn movie for all ages that people should be watching instead of capeshit

>Both of them were better then the Japanese one.
wtf? I know seven samurai is definitely a reddit favorite type movie, but I can't believe there are people who actually don't think it's good.

civil war was one of the first wars where snipers played a major role. there were sharpshooters in the revolution too but by the civil war they had industrial manufactured rifles.

Nigga sharpshooters have been around since the days of flintlocks. They were definitely around for the civil war.

Hell, it was a confederate sharpshooter that killed the highest-ranked fatality of the Civil War. He even got the famous last words of "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance.".

Yeah but admit it you didn't think Pratt would blow himself up like that

The inclusion of the maxim gun was by far the most ridiculous part. Not only did it feel too powerful and precise for the range at which it was used, they did the whole "they're reloading! Move!" thing when it clearly had either an infinite feed setup or a gravity-magazine setup which they should be able to exchange in seconds.

It really felt like a videogame, with the slow reloading being put in purely as a balancing tool.

>Hateful Eight
>Magnificent Seven
>Ridiculous Six
>Fast Five
>Fantastic Four

What a time to be alive.

Is it true they replaced the "end of the gunslinger era" stuff for a revenge story?

and there was no "in the end the villagers/farmers were the winners" line?

>adaptation
>remake
rip off

>they put a fucking magazine in the top
>wasn't even magazine fed was belt fed
>they proceed to shoot like 900 bullets through the gun without reloading once

god damn. it felt like they shot those revolvers over 9000 times too

No such thing as a texican gabacho

The historical inaccuracies threw me off, there were no blacks in the old west, and they sure as hell weren't cowboys.

>all white people who make an honest living and Asian friend die
>only black bounty hunter, Mexican criminal, and a literal savage are left alive
What did (((they))) mean by this?

I can't even follow the plot at this point.

i think you mean
>literal serial killer/mutilator of a minority and religious nut
>grey (who was warned by his schizo imaginary voice that he would die if he fought)
>reddit actor who kills people for touching his guns
and
>criminal chinaman/racist stereotype of asian who just happens to be ninja
die

>not one single black guy post civil war herded cows
source bitch

Byung-hun Lee must really return in Korea.
Everything he's been in Hollywood is pure trash.

Wait it's out?

6.5/10 enjoyable but forgettable.

I give it a unmemorable seven

Since everyone already knows it's just another mediocre action flick that is enjoyable for a night out, I'll just point out some things I was actually impressed by

>expanding a few tropes
I liked that Billy was more than just "cool asian ninja guy" and they definitely played up Billy and Goodnight being good buddies which was enjoyable. I appreciate what they were going for with Horne and his bible thumping but I wish they gave him a bit more of a solid foundation.

>never overstays a scene
This is a problem I have with a lot of western blockbusters and that they always stay on a scene or have some gratuitous throwaway moment that fucks up any sort of tension or emotion. There were a lot of times where I just liked that there wasn't a big hoorah for the heroes or they just fucking transitioned to the next scene instead of making a joke.

>no romance
they were cutting it really close between faraday and the woman and I wish they would have just cut out the scenes that were sort of implying romance but overall I just like that they didn't bother with a romance between a dude and a fresh widow