So, we're all in agreement that this show is basically perfect, yeah?

So, we're all in agreement that this show is basically perfect, yeah?

Nope. Ash should be the only main character.

this. get rid of those two annoying pointless side kick characters, keep xena because xena, and the show would be perfect

Oh, come on. Pablo and Kelly are great. Granted, they're not as great as Ash, but who is?

it's amazing[/spoiler

>already renewed for a new season

It's a goddam blue-eyed miracle. Raimi is king.

My only complaint is that he has to reload his boomstick now, when he never did in Army of Darkness or Evil Dead 2.

It doesn't have enough of the old Raimi style. Even Oz the Great and Powerful had more of it. Also i'm not really a fan ofe some of the demons. They're just kind of generic.

FAR from perfect.
In terms of tone I wish it was a little less Army of Darkness and a little more Evil Dead 2.

That black girl cop falling in love with Ash out of NOWHERE was awful and shitty writing. Made no sense.
I don't like how Ruby turned out to be some evil being who wrote the book of the dead. That felt like some cheap shit out of supernatural.
I also don't like how formulaic the deadites look and how nonthreatening they are now. In the old movies their looks were way more varied and more gnarly, pic related.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the show, I just wish they didn't make some of the choices they made.

id prefer it without pablo, and just keep the girl if anything.

Pablo is objectively the superior sidekick, user.

This show sucks because Raimi only directs incidentals, same as del Toro in The Strain.

It's a shame Raimi is just too busy to helm the series and make it something special, because he has better things to do like sail his yacht

What is with people not liking Pablo? He's the perfect foil for Ash.

>muh cervantes
Fuck off, Ash doesn't need a foil because the Deadites are fucking real

Dude, one of the reasons why Army of Darkness was so good was because the entire cast that weren't Evil Ash or Deadites were nothing but foils for Ash.

>WE KNOWW WHO YOU ARE
>WEREEEE GONNNNA GETTTT YOUUU

They only existed for 96 minutes, so that's fine.

A tv show about Ash shouldn't have regulars, sorry.

>In terms of tone I wish it was a little less Army of Darkness and a little more Evil Dead 2.
I always thought Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness had the exact same tone.

Like the two movies are much more similar to each other than they are to Evil Dead 1

And the Evil Dead remake is more like the original than Army of Darkness or ED2

Story could be better and the characters are pretty flat but I'm sure most people just watch for ash and the over the top gore so it's not a big problem

Just bought the dvd and though i saw most of it last, i'm getting a better view of it now.

Holy fuck is that pilot kino. It was actually really scary! Why can't raimi do more or they just keep it that intense?

In the pilot, it was horror galore with the comedy being cleverly used to break the tension and assure you everything's alright when ash is there.. For now..

Can someone tell me how a deadite actually works? The movies were so ambiguous because they were so generic, but it seems like they are doing some world-building with this right?

Deadites are..kandarin demons from.. Hell? And they possess people how? Wounding them enough? Or just are they just allowed to possess anyone as long as they aren't a main character? Lol

Oh, and they definitely go away during the day like vampires, correct?

Everything involving that black girl cop was shit, it's like they created a main character to kill just to show "anyone can die!" when we know that's not true, this isn't Game of Thrones.

don't bother trying to make sense of it. the characters randomly get possessed

im going to admit up front ive only seen 2 episodes from the first season, but how long can a series like this go on? i can see the formula getting old really fast.

Would be pretty cool if they came up with a formula for it. But either way the deadites are still a million times better than the walkers

>tfw i want to watch this show but i have too much anime on my backlog

take bruce campbell out of the show and it's just a campy horror show. bruce is the only reason it's good. xena's ok too, but it's mainly bruce.

as long as bruce is in it, it will never get stale.

How can it get old when the main antagonist, the 'evil' can do whatever the fuck it wants? All bets are off.

How has the walking dead gone so long on such a limited premise by comparison? Survivors in a zombie world, that's fucking it.

Perfect except for the black bitch, the mexican nerd, and the ugly jew whore.

the walking dead is extremely stale. they have been repeating the same formula ever season. it's the same way in the comics too. i gave up at the end of the negan arc and just stopped reading them because it's just the same shit over and over and over and over.

i dont think ash vs evil dead will go down that road though, because at heart it's a comedy, as long as it's funny it will be fine. the walking dead tries to be an intense drama action show but fails because the writers are manchildren that take it too seriously

It seems like anytime Ash reads the necronomicon the person who hears it is always possessed. Anyone who is killed by it is then possessed, but in the show they just go with things for convenience

wait so it's good?
I was kinda surprised ash got a tv show so I expected something on par with netflix garbage.

It's not just good, it's one of the best things on TV.

comparing it to what?

Can we make this part of the evil dead universe? Seems like it would add to the show in a great way. It belongs in evil dead world.

>netflix garbage

lol no, it's one of the few tv shows currently airing that is well worth the watch.

i had the same reaction at first to, thought it would be absolute garbage. but then i watched it and realized how much i needed a show like this.

When I say that it's one of the best things on TV, I'm implying that it's in comparison to everything else that's on TV.

its the funniest/most fun show i've watched in the past couple years.

there's a real lack of actual comedy on tv, it's just dweeby mediocre crap like silicon valley.

They can possess anyone they want at any time.

The only reason Ash is still alive is because he's kinda dumb and they enjoy inflating his ego and tormenting him so much.

2nd season will be alot better

Alot of shows in their first season have a great pilot and run out of steam towards the end.

Hell some shows dont reach their peak until 5 seasons in

And The Chin has said that he wants the show to run for, and end with, five seasons.

fuck yes

Bruce wants 5 seasons. BrBa has proved that only 5 can be greatness.

Oops.. My bad.

5th was the weakest season though it just bikie nazi ex machinimas

It didn't have much more it could have done once Hank found out. The bikers were there for us to 'ride it out' til the end.

there really are no rules. Evil does what evil wants. If it helps think of it as if its beyond human compression

such a lazy ending.

i always thought it would end up in mexico narcos style but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Haven't seen narcos yet, but i'm intrigued. that sounds really cool.

But what about continuing drag me to hell within Ash vs. Evil dead?!!!! That's what i'm talking about right thurrrrr

Certainly not perfect but I enjoy it very much!

>Bruce
>Gore/Horror elements
>Three Stooges humor

As long as they stay with those three points, I'll keep watching it.