Can we talk about xavier

Can we talk about xavier

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x2bekio_bible-brew-what-would-jesus-do_fun
youtube.com/watch?v=vAIGXPByXO4
youtube.com/watch?v=nY7Iy-uI590&list=PLFcvfVsK6gq0muyxwFkRMYLHRj_Ww1sF2&index=46
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's my number 1 favorite show. PFFR have a new show with Jon Glaser starting next month on trutv just for you fyi.

i saw the pilot episode on a DVD that came with season 2 of Metalocalypse.

it seemed to consist of really awkward uncanny valley CGI, with dialog that tried to make fun of mystics on the one hand and stupid rednecks on the other. it didn't work - it was boring, went nowhere and i have trouble believing they actually made a series out of this.

>it didn't work - it was boring, went nowhere
"It went over my head but I blame them for being too witty and intelligent"

bitch, i have read and understood Gravity's Rainbow, Thus Spake Zarathustra and everything Robert Anton Wilson ever wrote. this didn't go over my head - it was pure Californian Taos bullshit, "opening my third eye to see the sun rising behind my ass as i woke to the realization that it was already night time" sort of crap.

the sort of shit fairy pagans like to waffle on about. loaded down with tinkly buzzwords. it.. just.. wasn't.. funny.

or are you trying to say it wasn't supposed to be funny? witty? there is no wit in aimless non-sequiturs.

congrats you are another victim to Xaviers never failing pleb filter

If all you saw was non-sequiturs than you weren't paying attention or were judging it prematurely. Congrats for understanding /lit/'s starter pack, but there has literally never been a show like X:RA, they spent months on those ten minute episodes and it shows. The wit and cunning word play alone that is involved with each episode was astonishing. There are themes and ideas being explored/mocked with every episode and in my opinion there is hardly ever a dull moment or missed joke. This show is as close to art as Adult Swim will ever see.

>bitch, i have read and understood Gravity's Rainbow, Thus Spake Zarathustra and everything Robert Anton Wilson ever wrote
Are you implying any of these are hard to understand?

I came here for nuttin' and got nuthin, like, I never came.

RAW was a government spook/shill and actually actively worked against Pynchon. Had some pretty terrible things to say about him while he was the editor of Playboy.

I normally don't post but I thought I wanted to let you know that you are a huge faggot

The world needs more Wonder Showzen right now.

off yourselves

sports!
sports!
sports!
sports!

"Did he make you go on his knees for him?!"
"Only when he prayed with me"
"Sounds like you, were his prey."
might be favorite exchange

Explain why or fuck off, kid

What the fuck is a machinge

I'm old enough to be your daddy
read what you posted out loud you fuckin cunt
just awful. read it.

Again, not an argument. Nothing I said was pretentious or stupid, I was just defending a show. Get over yourself and stop taking Cred Forums so serious, gramps.

It's true though. Pynchon exposed a lot of very real truths in Gravity's Rainbow, albeit in in language and symbolism that is rather difficult for normies to parse. Why do you think no one really knows who Pynchon is, where he lives, or if he's even still alive?

The Illuminatus Trilogy was basically RAW and Shea mocking Pynchon. You should really look more into their feud as well as RAWs shady connections to very wealthy and powerful people via Esalen. All that California new age shit that really took off in the 60's and 70's is bourgeois nonsense purely in service of the ruling global ideology (late capitalism).

Sorry, but reading Robert Anton Wilson in 2016 is like listening to some stupid old hippy at a farmer's market that everyone is doing their best to avoid.

I don't disagree. My point, however, is that there is actually something more sinister at work than just "crazy Californian hippie that smoked too much weed."

Which one is your favorite episode?
I can't decide mine, they're all 10/10

Same. There's not a bad episode, nor a joke that falls flat. I love every second of both seasons.

listen you fat fuck 20 something niggers I ain't readin your shit
no go make me a coffee

Taste the pain

I prefer wonder showzen

Xavier is great, but the second season is considerably worse.

Das raycis'

dailymotion.com/video/x2bekio_bible-brew-what-would-jesus-do_fun

Has anyone seen Final Flesh? Where can i download it?

>xavier
>uncanny valley CGI

You literally have no idea what that term means.

I have the dvd. Vernon is one of the people I admire most but I've only watched it maybe twice. It's great but it's more of a project than it is entertainment. I'd burn it if I had a dvd drive, I doubt you're going to find it online.

well thanks for the answer

>Wonder Showzen
Fuck i am literally just rewatching this for the first time right now

are you god?

its on myspleen. email me @[email protected] and ill send you an invite.

>Are you god
Yup. Listen to my commandments or I'll beat all of your asses

youtube.com/watch?v=vAIGXPByXO4

>make great television

muh nigs
>youtube.com/watch?v=nY7Iy-uI590&list=PLFcvfVsK6gq0muyxwFkRMYLHRj_Ww1sF2&index=46

I think it's a very well-crafted show. Unfortunately it is often times undermined by 'dude weed lmao' retards.

>dude i watched this on acid xD
>this is so randum i bet the creators were high as fuck :D

>a show should be judged by its fanbase

I thought this show was complete shit when I first saw ads for it but I was super bored late at night and it came on and it was weirdly compelling and only after watching several episodes did I realize it might actually be genius.

This applies to lots of Adult Swim programming

>reading comprehension

Are you perchance one of the retards I'm referring to?

I literally praised the show in the sentence before. I just think it's unfortunate a lot of people don't realize how good it actually is by whiffing it away under 'dude drugs lmao so random'.

Squatopia or the one where Xavier visits his former home/pregnant brothel.

The show has obvious drug influences.

>my mother's nickname. Truckers, mailmen, delivery guys, men coming in and out of the house all day, all called her the Grand Canyon
>But I never knew why, it's just a great, wide gash spread open for the enjoyment of all to come inside as he pleases and pleasures
>often there's a donkey in there

I may have some avenging chief beef to queef.

Later bro, I gotta take a float on a gloat boat. On a lake called, just desserts.

OOOoooh, Fruittata.

> Pynchon exposed a lot of very real truths in Gravity's Rainbow, albeit in in language and symbolism that is rather difficult for normies to parse.

Great, now Pynchon gets the Room 237 treatment. You people are vermin.

We know who is, he's Thomas Pynchon. He enjoys his privacy and maintains it. We know he's still alive.

This is the worst writing of all time.

I thought it was pretty funny. Lighten up, Cred Forums

It's genius, and these are only snippets of longer, rambling idea-chains that flow into each other and then somehow come back together by the end. Literally entire episodes of Xavier are quotable in small sections like that.

Honestly, though, how is that good writing? Be honest, just because you enjoyed something as an underdeveloped teen, doesn't mean you can't admit to it's crappiness when you grow up.

absolute kino