Name a worse sequel than this

Name a worse sequel than this.

Alien Resurrection

Aliens

I don't understand the negative reaction. A few scenes were egregious or unnecessary, but I like it about as much as The Last Crusade.

Raiders is my favorite of them all.

the force awakens

retard, this is easily the best one

>Name a worse sequel than this.
Empire Strikes Back.

Terminator Salvation.

kill yourself reddit

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Its technically a prequel

DOCTA JONES

This is now an Indy thread

I don't think you know what egregious means.

Crystal Skull

I haven't seen it but I've heard that the sequel to Donnie Darko is pretty bad

>last crusade is actually the best indiana jones movie

I do. I'm not sure why you would assume otherwise. I wasn't equating it with being unnecessary, if that's what you're thinking.

I've losht him

i always hated this fact because of the gag where the guys start swinging their sabers about and indy reaches for his gun which isn't there LOL MEMBER THE FIRST ONE except it doesn't make sense as it's a reference to something that HASN'T EVEN HAPPENED YET

i know this is autistic but it bugs me, especially since it's completely unnecessary to have this set before raiders

>LOL MEMBER THE FIRST ONE
fucking kill yourself cunt

Ask your dad

American psycho 2

I don't understand why George and Steven think this movie is so dark... perhaps it was in the beginning which is why they made it so wacky.
The entire film seems to cater a lot to children. The "gross-out" humour, where the girl screams about jungle stuff, happens several times. Her screaming happens a lot. It's the entire comedic action we get in this film.
Then you have "tension" where Indiana and her aren't sure if they wanna fuck.
And the epitome of it all is the ending where they try to kiss, but get cockblocked by an entire village of children they rescued prior. Before an elephant funnily sprays them with water.
The only real "dark" scene is when they see the child slaves, but it's never really shown all too much.

I really do not understand the hype for this film, it was so fucking annoying. I don't have any bias towards the film, I just find the Indy movies generally to be rather tedious and boring to watch. But I liked Indiana Jones for what it was.
This film, however, tried so hard to be lighthearted and both sidekicks had no real upsides (besides the subtle gay love the kid had for Indy) and were unnecessary.
They spent a lot of their time in the Temple of Doom, I found it to be extremely boring to watch.

I understand why people like Indy 1, even Indy 3 was nice as it added another layer to it. Indy 4 was more of a Sci-Fi B-Movie and catered too hard to fans to be anything but a weird fan film (the first 15 minutes is almost a screwball comedy with CGI mammals).
Indy 2, however, has no real upside besides the traps that are very well done. It makes such a difference to have living bugs instead of CGI ones. Even the beginning is kinda okay, though they killed the only redeemable sidekick within the first five minutes (Asian gook who loved all his adventures and didn't mind to die).
The movie is annoying because of the comedy.
It's tedious, because not much is happening once they're inside the temple. IMO, the village people weren't a great threat either.

Temple of Doom is a prequel.

>The only real "dark" scene is when they see the child slaves, but it's never really shown all too much
How about the part where a guy gets his heart ripped out before being burned alive? Or when Indy becomes zombified and tortures a young boy?

Troll 2
Problem Child 2
Problem Child 2

>tortures
He slapped him once. Once.

>How about the part where a guy gets his heart ripped out before being burned alive?
How about the scene in the first Indy film where I see faces melting? How is any of this darker than the second part?

I understand that "child abuse" is not a nice topic, I guess, but it was one fucking slap. It may have worked if the Asian kid was whipped more than once by the Indian prince, but that also never happened. It was very, very tame. And really not any darker than the previous film.

Then, if you add all the annoying comedy, you have a film that is really not as dark as people make it out to be.

He was beaten with a whip as well.

Men in Black 2

Shorty also stabs and burns the Maharaja

Yes, once, by the Indian prince. It really is not as excessive as people make it out to be. In fact, it barely mattered.
Of course, this is subjective as most normal people might already find the thought of child abuse to be horrendous, so I understand why some may find it gruesome.

But if you look at the previous film, Indy2 was not any darker. The scenery was, maybe even the fact that those were village people doing "gruesome" rituals is.... but not much happens there. And none of it really justifies why people would find it this edgy.

Adding to this, again, because of all the comedy, it makes the entire film more lighthearted than people make it out to be.

>the last crusade
>it's not actually the final crusade of indiana jones

Your mom

I wouldn't say it's edgy but compared to the other ones and the star wars movies it's probably the darkest one.

what about the guy who gets fucked up in that rock crushing thing

It's ridiculously dark. Only movie that scared me as a child in fact.

Ghostbusters 2

I'd seriously rather watch the reboot than endure that fucking awful Statue of Liberty sequence again

Your quads do not redeem your plebbery.

>responding to reddit bait