Why is Freddy the best horror icon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XDUl5Ke5jbM
youtube.com/watch?v=OMnbw-AM4VA
youtube.com/watch?v=noLPhZvcBpw
youtube.com/watch?v=8jDjFgCCdCI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtu.be/XDUl5Ke5jbM

>Almost a full minute of the lawyer just waiting for the fat boys to show up.

Because he actually has a personality.

youtube.com/watch?v=OMnbw-AM4VA

1 = New Nightmare > 3 = 2 > 5 > 4 > Freddy's Dead > Remake

EVERY TOWN HAS AN ELM STREET LMAO

Yeah pretty much this, think I'd do 1>3>New Nightmare though

Because he was iconic, inspired, sarcastic and every kill was unique and fun to watch. The one problem I had with him tho was he never really felt like a child rapist. Like yeah I get he targeted kids and all but he seemed like he was having too much fun and was far too creative to really feel like a pervert. They shoulda euther dropped the rapist angle or made him more rapey in his kills

>rapist

Wasn't that only introduced in the remake?
It's been awhile since I watched the series, so my memory can be a bit fuzzy, but people always refer to him as nothing but a child killer when be was alive.

I think the original movie described him as a "child murderer". They made it a little ambiguous.

>Freddy
>best horror icon
>not Tallman, Pinhead or Leatherface
>not any of the classic monsters like Dracula or Frankenstein
>not Nosferatu

Oh come on, you know Freddy is far more recognizable than most. Tallman? Really?

I'll give you Dracula, Frankenstein's monster & Nosferatu etc but I think Freddy rates above the others you mentioned

Jedem das seine.

There problem with Nightmare on Elm Street is that the franchise is awful. Halloween and Michael Myers is better. I find Freddy to be a goof.

>not Candyman

1>3>New Nightmare>4>2>5>Freddy's Dead>>>>>>>>>>>Remake

Just saying that Freddy is going to be far more recognizable to the average person compared to the likes of Tallman or Pinhead. Hence the "icon" part in the OP.

Yep. The NoES movies are pretty easy to rank compared to other series.

youtube.com/watch?v=noLPhZvcBpw

Spooky Freddy is best Freddy.

youtube.com/watch?v=8jDjFgCCdCI

Gay shit aside this movie has some genuine spooky atmosphere in places.

That's true. They're all icons though, but yeah, if "best" is equivalent to most recognizable, Freddy is the "best".

I swear to god,they should hire decent writers to do another ANOES franchise.I guess the "serious" remake sucks without Freddy's hilarious,but brutal murders.

>2 > 5 > 4
shit taste

4 is one of the best ones

1 > 3 > New Nightmare > 4 = 2 > Freddy's Dead > 5 >>> Remake

I recently rewatches New Nightmare and IMO it doesn't hold up very well. 1 and 3 are still great though.
1>3>New Nightmare

Was planning on watching the remake for Halloween. Is it really that bad?

No.......It's worse.

Freddy wanked and cut his dick off, that's why he's angry all the time.

>25 seconds
>almost a full minute
i mean, it was unnecessarily long, but come on

I thought he was angry because he was set on fire.

It's a joke, dumb ass!

no need to be rude

I think New Nightmare holds up the best of all of them, it's the ultimate meta-horror movie.

NN > 1 = 3 > 4 > FvJ > 5 > 6 >>>>> dogshit >>>>> 2 >>>>> remake

It's okay, the sequel is great.

It's a 4/10, which is pretty good as far as horror remakes go

New Nightmare could be good but it has too much annoying kid in it, I really hate that kid.

Ironically enough I storytimed the comics over in Cred Forums some years back and some of the anons there had to drop out just BECAUSE they felt Freddy came off as too 'rapey' in the art.