Power Rangers 2017 trailer

dailymotion.com/video/x4wnayy_power-rangers-trailer-oficial-nycc-2016_shortfilms

looks like shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

adage.com/article/news/power-rangers-enjoys-renewed-sales-strength-brand-top-seller-boys-half/63550/
adage.com
youtube.com/watch?v=MeeVJmeO6vE
youtube.com/watch?v=Jx0D4l2LX10
youtube.com/watch?v=FZKtf_XRJaY
youtube.com/watch?v=hHkKJfcBXcw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZlINvHE0OFM
youtube.com/watch?v=udId1PJckhA
youtube.com/watch?v=xmdlUVDHLDU
youtube.com/watch?v=HfuA00B1cRM
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1MwupHAPpU
youtube.com/watch?v=9wBid6HlGL8
mpaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/MPAA-Theatrical-Market-Statistics-2015_Final.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=B8RmUkInp_A
youtube.com/watch?v=DmOzHNgSw6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=8pQYtmb-f0w
youtube.com/watch?v=Jwup4ItqyNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=509WwZHJN5Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks like a straight to DVD release

Not enough action/special effects/jokes

Looks dope.

>Not having sex with based rita

Lord Z was only woke nigga

Looks fun

>jokes

That's good. I don't care for simple-mined jokes in my RangerKino.

So it's Chronicle 2 : Ranger Boogaloo?

I'm HYPED.

>Jason

Might have seen it if there was a chance of the old rangers coming back, but it's a reboot. Fuck it

Kek

Ayy they should just sell Power Rangers to Disney already amirite?

At least they brought back Bulk & Skull.

I think if they just try to make a dumb, fun action movie that can get you hype just before the big battles, it'll be fine. It doesn't need to be anything more it just needs to be fun.

>At least they brought back Bulk & Skull.

Skulk and Bull

Well, they did own Power Rangers franchise few years ago before Saban bought it back.

They already did. Disney sold it back.

...they did you fucking idiot

THIS.

Was Trank involved or something? I have a bad feeling about this.

You now realise nothing has beaten Pacific Rim for sheer robot monster kino action

Asian didnt get any lines. Why is hollywood so black and white???! Huh?!

Time for a protests

Breakfast Club Rangers. Teenagers with angstitude.
Seriously though, what is the target audience for this movie? PR Fans or Hunger Game fans?

What? The time when exploiting something in a giant, dumb, special effects heavy, action movie is the best thing to do for the property and a big company like disney doesn't do it?

>no Zordon going ALPHA BRING ME 5 TEEANGERS WITH ATTITUDE
What's the fucking point, shit feels it's gonna be drama angst shit for an hour only to have Power Ranger for less than 30 minutes or so.

SDP was the absolute peak of Power Rangers

He had two lines in that trailer.

"Security"
"It's happening"

>studios has built in audience due to brand recognition
>studio doesn't have the budget to fund an actual blockbuster
>studio doesn't realize if you don't have FX you need to have charismatic interesting character
>90% of the movie is boring unlikeable characters doing boring unlikeable shit like an Asylum movie

They actually should've done that, go over the point of self parody to have as much fun as possible.

Then you didn't watch RPM

>PR Fans
Why would they target such a small market?

>directed by Dean (((Israelite)))

Well his only other movie was Project Almanac. Anybody has seen it? Was it good?

Enough of this meme. SPD was dog shit from a failed sitcom writer who didn't give a fuck about his job.

>Seriously though, what is the target audience for this movie? PR Fans or Hunger Game fans?

The one that has made 3 billion dollars in the last four years.

Besides Mr. Futureball, SPD was actually pretty good. It's not my favorite, but still.

>Hollywood
>having any clue what the target audience want
>making wise market decisions

That shitty ass "soulful" music is by far the worst thing about this trailer. I don't know who started that particular vocal style but it's been run into the fucking ground and it makes me puke. It's also stupid that they gain superpowers simply from getting their morphers.

So I guess that's why all those other movies like The Giver and Divergent did so well. The HG fans can't get enough of those kinds of movies.

They're smarter than you if you think they can sell a movie primarily to fans of Power Rangers and make any kind of money.

That's been a thing in PR since Dino Thunder

>Power Rangers
>One of the most popular kids shows ever made
>Small market

kek'd hard, m8

Yeah, why would any ranger have powers as a civilian? Fucking Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder and SPD are all shit because of that, right?

Grow up faggot.

Well it's fucking retarded. I stopped watching PR after time force so I wasn't aware. They aren't superheroes outside of their power suits. They get their powers from the suits. It just seems stupid to me.

KINO OF THE YEAR INCOMING

>Grow up

I did, which is why I stopped watching PR after time force. Get triggered again. It will amuse me.

>I grew up but I'm still here complaining because not muh power rangers.

Uh-huh, good luck with that sport.

>make a movie targeted at young teenagers
>man babies in there 20's complain they aren't being pandered to

How fucking pathetic, I really hope none of who still watch PR.

Since you haven't seen anything since Time Force, I'd recommend watching RPM. It's considered one of the best seasons if not THE best, plus they don't have powers outside of their suits

Power Rangers was one of the most popular kids shows two decades ago.

Nowadays, it has a tiny fan base.

You're just proving more and more that you're more out of touch than Hollywood.

>Not muh power rangers

It's based on the original MMPR, so expecting it to be similar to that isn't a very big demand. Thanks for getting triggered again. Now do it a third time.

I hate to be "that guy", but Power Rangers has consistently been the #1 show for young boys in the 5-11 demographic literally since it premiered.

Not to mention older fans who still watch.
It's fanbase is larger than you think.

>triggered
>triggered
>triggered
What old meme are you going to use now? Is it cuck? Or maybe kek?

Especially considering all the conventions that exist

Is Dean Israelite Michael Bay's alias? This trailer sure looks Bayish than Bay could ever be. Color tone, generic lines, unnecessary dynamic shots / dutch angles. Wouldn't be surprised if they make Alpha a pretty offensive racial stereotype and some scenes of the Rangers' annoying parents.

Exactly. There are always ranger actors at LexCon, NYCC, C2E2, SDCC, and of course Power Morphicon.

Honestly SPD has the most unlikable cast in the history of the show.

>dog guy decides to makes a black criminal off the street the red ranger to teach their most trained cadet a lesson in humility
>black guy would rather stay in prison than become a power ranger, but after being cunty about it the entire episode his arm is eventually twisted enough to accept
>black guy immediately abuses his power and slacks off
>ends up throwing a temper tantrum because dog guy expected him to save the world while he was trying to fuck a white chick
>ends up quitting the team

Sorry man, I can't get into kids shows anymore. I can watch the shows I'm nostalgic about because I grew up watching them, but I can't watch it if I didn't get into it as a kid. That door has been locked since 2002 as far as power rangers is concerned.

The people who were watching it back in the mid 90's are still around, user, and they're nostalgic for it. They're even basing it on that show. They have a huge market but of course they're fucking it up.

I love a good obedient nigger. Again.

Bill Hader's playing Alpha.

Oh it was the N word. How could I have forgotten?
Enjoy being a pathetic fucking faggot.

this jump scene was just awful, in 2016 they still use fucking cheap as strings to make this awfully fake looking flying effect, how

Believe it or not it's possible to please both the longtime fans and casuals. Marvel has been doing it for years.

>I hate to be "that guy", but Power Rangers has consistently been the #1 show for young boys in the 5-11 demographic literally since it premiered.

source?

>The people who were watching it back in the mid 90's are still around, user
But the majority of them are no longer fans.

I'm one of those people. Used to be a fan as a kid, now I'm not.

>implying civilian powers weren't always shit
>implying they have any place in mmpr

>Marvel has been doing it for years.
Yeah people on this board LOVE the Marvel films, don't they?

What's up with the tone?

I'm trying to find it but my google-fu is weak. It's one of those little factoids they stick into blurbs about upcoming seasons.

>memeing
Ah yes, the lowest form of communication.

But muh Post-Apocalyptic PR

We both know that even if he gave you a source, you wouldn't even check it out.

>Being such a triggered sjw you won't even say NIGGER

Good nigger. Again.

You don't have any nostalgia for the old power rangers even though you watched it as a kid?

>implying power rangers doesn't make an obscene amount of nostalgia dollars each year

Not that user, but I would check it out.

I don't get why people on Cred Forums are so defensive when it comes to showing proof that what they say is actually true.

Source that it isn't? What little boy isn't obsessed with power rangers?

It wasn't that bad but he's the wrong guy for the job

Just so we are all clear you do all realize that Power Rangers is nothing but Zionists appropriating Japanese culture to make some quick cash to support the apartheid nation of Israel right?

The only way to make a toku movie work is maximum camp.

They failed the second they didn't try to do that.

Go go Power Rangers.

>spout a statistic that could be false
>asked for a source
>"well, prove me wrong"
That's not how this works. You're the one making the assertion, so you should be able to back that assertion with evidence.

Maybe it's because trolls keep asking for proff of eveything and refuse to look up these sources. They just greentext the source and write lel.

This. Memeing has ruined humanity.

How does it feel to be a gigantic fucking faggot?

>trolls
Or, you know, if you say something like it's a fact, you should be prepared to provide a source.

I mean, I'll say this: Power Rangers has been a failing franchise that Disney has been losing money on ever since they acquired it and this movie is the last ditch effort for them to squeeze any juice out of this lemon. But don't ask me for a source or you're a troll.

Pretty good.

How does it feel getting btfo by a gigantic fucking faggot?

Dude, Disney sold it back to Saban in late 2010

But you're forgetting that Disney recently reacquired it in a game of rock-scissors-paper.

>You should be prepared to provide a source

Or you could stop being a lazy fucking faggot and look it up yourself. Doing research instead of just sitting and waiting for someone else to do it for you makes you smarter, dumbass.

Yes but Saban said best two out of three and won the next two games

>Implying you've BTFO'd me

Now there's something that requires a source.

Or, you could stop being lazy and actually provide a source when asked and do your own research to support your own arguments, because making excuses and telling people to "look it up" makes it seem like you're bullshitting.

Power Rangers nearly beat Star Wars in toy sales in 1999. Considering this was well past PR's prime (1993 - 95), and it was the year of the first new Star Wars movie in 16 years, I'd say this is one source that proves the property is much more successful than people give it credit for.

adage.com/article/news/power-rangers-enjoys-renewed-sales-strength-brand-top-seller-boys-half/63550/

When we do the trolls just make fun of the source. That was my point.

Ah, but Saban and Disney swapped bodies on a Freaky Friday.

>adage.com

lol

Oh no, somebody is going to make fun of something online.

Yes, but they managed to defeat the monster and reverse the effects while learning about what it's like to be each other

Ooooh, quip so good, it'll be in the next Marvel movie.

Then they fused together.

That's neat but 1999 was 17 years ago.

The kids who got those toys are all adults.

>angsty teen bullshit
immediately dropped

But it was only temporary

I don't know, I thought this looked kinda' interesting. Depends a lot on where they go with it and how well they can choreograph the fights though.

This movie as a concept lives and dies on how cool the Power Rangers are in it.

If they can't nail that, all the human-drama in the world isn't gonna' save it.

YOU CAN'T TRIPLE STAMP A DOUBLE STAMP.

>rock, scissors, paper

I've never heard of this game. Is it anything like rock, paper, scissors?

>Just give it to me. I don't want to get it myself.

Yeah, and then the argument falls apart, making looking up the source pointless and a waste of your time.

Oh no, someone is not going to provide a source for every little thing he says online.

Not going to lie, that looks better than a Power Rangers movie should be.

It'll probably do pretty well.

>This movie as a concept lives and dies on how cool the Power Rangers are in it.

Are kids these days even interested in Power Rangers anymore? Is it still a thing?

I think it depends a lot on who they get to be the stunt-men behind the masks.

It feels a lot like they're trying to make Power Rangers a serious thing now, instead of the goof-ball crap it was back in the day. If they're going to make that work it needs to rival the Matrix (at least) in terms of hand-to-hand combat. If it could pull off The Raid without being as bloody it might also be a good way to go.

It's fine if someone doesn't source what they say, but when they don't, and make excuses when asked, people are going to think it's bullshit because it probably is.

Looks epic fuck yeah my life is complete brb posting on facebook

No, of course they're not. Power Rangers is something remember fondly from their father's youth only.

As I see it, this movie is an attempt to make kids care about Power Rangers. And if they want to do that they're going to have to pull the adults (who actually DO remember Power Rangers) into the cinema.

They're not going to be able to do that unless they fucking nail the nostalgia-bait.

They're not going to hook the new kids unless they nail the action-scenes and the "coolness" of the Power Rangers.

They are going to have to nail a lot of point if this is going to work, but if it DOES work it'll print money.

Not really. The show was nearly cancelled not too long ago. The only thing keeping it going are decent toy sales and the idea that they can milk the franchise for a movie (like they did with Transformers).

There was a point where they were looking to have the original Green Ranger star in his own movie that was going to be "more adult" than the series was, kind of a follow-up for all the kids who were fans but are now grown-up, but it didn't come to be and instead we're getting this movie.

That green ranger movie was something Jason David Frank made up

You sound like a real argumentative butthole.

JDF?

What the fuck was the Green Ranger's problem anyway? Wasn't like a cunt, who turned into the White Ranger for reasons, then turned evil and then wasn't and so on and so forth.

You're an idiot.

There were representatives from Lionsgate polling people at one of the Power Morphicons about whether or not they'd see an "adult" Green Ranger movie. That's actually what broke the story originally. The JDF confirmed he'd been approached but that we'd have to wait and see.

Even if it was cancelled, that doesn't change the fact that the numerous seasons are running on tv on different channels all the fucking time. It's still watched and popular.

Keep telling yourself that, nigger.

Guy who played Tommy

Rita took control of him and gave him powers, then the others broke him free. He joined them but his powers eventually faded (twice) and he then became the White Ranger and led the team, then became the Red Zeo then Red Turbo rangers, left and came back in Dino Thunder as the ranger's teacher/mentor/Black Ranger

He came back in Super Megaforce, it sucked

>making a PR movie
>not making a Super Sentai one

Superior trailer coming through.

youtube.com/watch?v=MeeVJmeO6vE

God, it looks so bad. why do they always make everything edgy?

The Jewish Defense Force is just one guy?

Wait, so he was green, then white, then red, and then stayed red a while, until he was black?

Still watched? I suppose. People get bored and watch whatever is on.

Still popular? Hardly. Show hasn't been popular since the 90s, and only stays alive by selling toys to kids who usually don't even watch the show.

Need to see Putty Patrol in action before I can pass judgment.

I would pay to see a Goranger movie by the Space Ghost crew.

pure millenialkino

THE GOY KNOW TOO MUCH.

SHUT IT DOWN.

Strap your undies with barbwire, the new Riverdale (Archie) tv show is coming up.

Absolutely the opposite of soulful and i fucking agree with you m8

>not even a hint of zordon or alpha5

It's sort of a hypocritical thing to say because i hate when trailers show everything, but i have to know if zordon's just going to fucking appear at the end and give them their suits, the trailer implies they go through most of the film "just figuring out their newly given powers"

>Rita directly interacting with them
fuckin no.

Yep

They could have just not made the movie ...

Looks so fucking generic. I hope it bombs.

There is no pleasing you.

Was he trying to tell his team something?

>I'm Rainbow Ranger now!

>not even a hint of zordon or alpha5

They've already confirmed Bryan Cranston as Zordon.

They'd be fools not to cash in on a nostalgia property.

What made it bad is they that tried to motion blur it and zoom in on an already framed shot.Someone on that payroll doesn't understand motion vectoring. It's very bad kino bro.

>lets make a serious power rangers movie

How did they do the pirate one in the US if the whole point is calling back to past teams and the majority of those teams were never used for Power Rangers?

Fuck you, SPD was great.

Jack never wanted to be a Ranger in the first place. And he was a criminal, yes, but he stealing and giving to the homeless and needy.

And the subplot towards the end wasn't about just trying to fuck someone, it was about the fact that he never really wanted to be a Ranger and that up until then, he had only really socialized within SPD for months. You can't fault him for getting sick of it, people get sick of seeing the same people at their jobs every day.

It's going to bomb, but people will cover it up with "muh childhood came back" and nostalgia to make it look like it didn't.

So this is the power of Max Landis

Name two Sentai teams not brought to the US.

Nah there is, i just don't want to see Rita beating up on them the whole time. I want some monsters, don't you?

And bill hader as alpha 5 which i think is great. I was honestly expecting to see him at the end of the trailer with some out of place quip. supposes there's still hope for it in trailer 2.

Max has nothing to do with this version.

They threw em in with no explanation

Whatever they call that vocal style. I figured that's what passes for soulful in today's pop culture climate. It's extremely bland. It's the vocal equivalent of dry, plain macaroni.

He's not working on it anymore, not even getting writing credits.

Bioman and Flashman is one example. Saban just randomly put it out there.

You name them. It's your claim.

Nah, I'd like the trailer to not to show me everything. I feel like they showed enough, and am glad that things like Zordon, Alpha, putties, Goldar, and the monsters haven't been revealed yet.

If you think this is a cash in 20 years after the fact to a demographic that barely patrons cinema anymore,I really wouldn't want you on my board of directors.

They used them anyway. No explanation. Not even joking.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jx0D4l2LX10

Interesting that you pick two that were both before the original Power Rangers material.

>IT DOESN'T COUNT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Goranger, JAKQ, Battle Fever J, Denjiman, Sun Vulcan, Goggle V, Dynaman, Bioman, Changeman, Flashman, Maskman, Liveman, Turboranger, Fiveman, Jetman, Dairanger (main team), Go-Busters, ToQger

Its all borrowed sheets for sake of time and budget. They waste all their time and money in marketing and give fuck all about the nuance of their product, its fucking miserable.

You're only supporting my argument though.

Not relevant. you asked and I answered.

youtube.com/watch?v=FZKtf_XRJaY

Emergency! You're all under arrest by the Space Police for not posting the best Ranger!

I named 3 that came out after

>How did they do the US version?
>By using the same teams that the Jap version did

>Rainbow Ranger
Too bad Saban doesn't adapt ToQger.

I'm glad they aren't doing the train autist show. Sentai has been bad for a while.

Zyuohger is good

The biggest age group of moviegoers is the 25-39 bracket. The original fans of Power Rangers are in this demographic.

Making a Power Rangers is a pretty smart move. You'll have nostalgic adults going either to see it themselves or show it to their kids.

Only because of the cute shark girl.

It has those annoying diagonal shots michael bay uses when he thinks he's a movie director. It looks like ass

Nope, the whole cast is fun.
Red is based

Fuck you I like ToQger.

youtube.com/watch?v=hHkKJfcBXcw

Ok

It has those annoying diagonal shots michael bay uses when he thinks he's a movie director
>doesn't even know what "those annoying diagonal shots" are called

Ugh, Civilian powers

They have to connect to teenagers who like that sort of terrible music.

RPM has best girl

I'm the one who actually asked that question and these guys answered it.

You can stop stamping your feet like a child now.

surprise surprise looks like shit

It literally looks like another capeshit movie. This isn't power rangers at all.

Trains are a way bigger thing in Japan, so it's not so weird to be into them over there. That's part of the reason it wasn't adapted. That doesn't make the original any less fun though.

Looks generic as fuck, live another gritty reimagining

>oh look at how shitty their lives are
>it's night time, this is serious stuff
>villain visits the heroes and teases them, Loki style
>Everything is completely serious

Fuck this world

>
This is a pretty bold supposition when you don't glean the fact this reboot doesn't have a parallel stream of viewership that first two movies had. The second movie was a failure when it comes to recouping budget. With that said just because your demographics might be on course from a predetermined metric doesn't mean that they will recoup that money back subsequently. No adult in their right morels wants to see this derivative trash. Also your statistic is waning for the 25-39 age bracket, its fallen backwards to the 12-17 year olds who have purchased more tickets in correlation to their population look at the MPAA 2015 stat summary. You can't force a cult following with no cool factor, it doesn't work.

Oh I get that Japan loves trains. Same way I get that you are an autist.

>No adult in their right morels

But what about those of us who aren't mushrooms?

If you're going to try to sound smart at least use the right words.

No i don't know since im not a film maker.
And neither are you.

I'm still right now fuck off.

How will he react?

Will he refuse to review or discuss?

Does History of Power Rangers have a set schedule?

Well you aren't but I am sorry you are so upset.

History of the power rangers is done until there's a new TV series

>It's also stupid that they gain superpowers simply from getting their morphers.

They would beat up mooks like putties when unmorphed, though.

THEY DID IT! THE ABSOLUTE SABANS! THEY TURNED POWER RANGERS INTO CHRONICLE!

It's AMERICAN and less sentai so he will watch it.

Not upset lets not get into this gay bicker war how about you fuck off and do some research. Stop replying.

Until the current one is over, at least

Well yeah, America invented it.

>young teenagers
>watching power rangers

Huh? This is just more nostalgia bait.

Don't worry, I forgive you.

>mmpr was largely about martial arts
>just give them super powers out of their suits instead

>Trains are a way bigger thing in Japan, so it's not so weird to be into them over there.

Honest question, would Saban do an English version and only release for it yuros and poo in loos? They're still riding around on trains everywhere aren't they?

>the 90s
>shit like ninja turtles was popular
>2016
>shit like super hero movies are popular

And that's why

I wish they would have gone full The Guyver: Dark Hero idf they wanted to do the Edgy Power Rangers thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlINvHE0OFM

More edgy asskicking, less emo teen bullshit.

>no theme song

D R O P P E D

youtube.com/watch?v=udId1PJckhA

>US original remakes of Jap properties

I'm sure it'll be great.

Trains are popular everywhere.

Fuck, there's several train appreciation societies in the US alone.

Trains are less popular than scat in America.

Why not just watch Dark Hero ??

Did you not hear it? There was clearly a version of it near the end.

People keep saying it was never aired, but I saw the pilot on tv as a kid. They aired it more than once. I remember taping it on VHS and expecting a new episode each time. It was always the same one.

>2016
>MMA isn't popular

There's no way they'd do that when they can just skip it and move on to one that appeals to all markets. They are already moving on to Ninninger and are actually using a main ToQger villain as a main villain there so it's not happening.

Because I've seen it numerous times. It's a fun z-movie.

It never aired, they never made more than that clip. You're lying and if you weren't you'd post proof.

Here
youtube.com/watch?v=xmdlUVDHLDU

I knew it was a bad idea when the director was quoted as saying "all the angst that the fans love will still be there." What fucking angst, Dean? What fucking angst did the fans love about the original ones? The charavters became rangers because they were special. They don't become special because they became rangers. Fuck, why can't these companies ever get someone who's a fan of the original to direct? Fuck this shit. I've been telling my friends that this was going to be good. Me and my brothers grew up with this show and I hyped it up so much to him. Now how am i going to look? Fuck this. Fuck. So much fucking hope that just died.

not for kids it aint

I don't really get your reasoning trying to cross pollinate PR into Guyver ( terrible idea) , but yea you have a good one.

fuck. all I wished for was a lighthearted action show that's slightly self aware and pokes fun at itself but it looks like it will be full teenage angst instead.

People kept saying the Monroe gets raped by women episode from The Ted Knight Show wasn't real until someone who still ha dit on VHS proved it was a real episode.

>I've been telling my friends that this was going to be good
Why the fuck would you think that? Even if you haven't paid any attention to everything we've found out over the last year or so, why the fuck would you ever think that Hollywood would reboot a beloved property in a manner that didn't shit the bed?

Fanfare is hard for the spergs in Hollywood who's only attention paid to detail is a budget pie chart.

At least this one isn't as bad as Megaforce.

So prove it.

Does this look like a movie that's trying to appeal to kids?

What are the best later era US Power Rangers series?

Like the ones after Lost Galaxy where they become self contained other than the crossover?

I'm just saying that the tone they're going for for the new PR movie is a bad idea, but it could work if that edge and angst was about the fights and shit, not the high school shennanigans.

Cuz Tzachor got fired and replaced by Judd Lynn

I only have my memory of taping it several times. I don't have my old tapes anymore.

My love for the show blinded me, user.

>Trains are popular everywhere.

What? Passenger rail in the US is all but dead everywhere but the east coast, freight isn't exactly lighting a fire under anyone's ass and even when I was a kid in the 80s model trains were already considered an old man's hobby.

Guess that's that then. Have to admit I'm surprised Saban's not going to suck every bit of marrow possible out of those bones.

I accept your apology then.

RPM and SPD.

Time Force and RPM are my favorites

the same plot happened in the power rangers TV show, so yeah. You also see that whole "discovering my power" shit in marvel movies like spiderman

Okay, lets try and guess the tragic backstory each of these characters have and why they're in the breakfast club
>red ranger
Drunk driver
>black ranger
Bullied for being gay
>pink ranger
Skipped school to get abortion
>black ranger
Doesn't speak a lick of English
>yellow ranger
Families are gangsters

I want to like Time Force as a favorite but most of the cast drags it down so much. Every Ranger except Red and Also Red is terrible. Ransak is brilliant though.

They already posted their bios online you retard.

>height of humor from a Cred Forums crossposter

Star triggered

Whats the best intro and why is it time force?

youtube.com/watch?v=HfuA00B1cRM

Are you from the future who has watched this film?

By "Also Red" you mean the sixth, right?
Cuz there's also the original Red (Pink's semi-dead fiance)

>RPM regurgitates the same brother/sister story arc from In Space beat for beat
>constantly lauded as one of the best

>black guy is the "tech guy" and beta as fuck
>boring whitey with some authority issues or some shit
>le strong whitey woman who is conventionally attractive but for some reason "bullied" and she cuts her hair because she a strong woman
>asian guy who probably won't have any kind of personality and he'll have the least amount of lines

kek

I'm looking at the MPAA 2015 stats, as well as the summary, and see nothing that supports what you're saying.

Fact is: the people who are nostalgic for the original Power Rangers are now the biggest demographic of moviegoers in the US. Making a Power Rangers movie right now is a smart idea, and not making one is a dumb idea.

Brilliant film. A perfect time travel flick.

except it doesn't, that's everyone's gripe

Yea or it could actually be cool and be ultraviolent We could watch some campy teens get disemboweled by mutant hyper predators.

Michael Bay, however, is a film maker, and you look like an ass calling him not one when you don't know the first thing about films.

There was not one girl upper leg shot which Bay is known to do so no

So RedxPink, huh? That's cool, I guess. But what about Tommy in the inevitable sequel?

Hey everybody new/better thread starting here.

Also what fag links a trailer using dailymotion?

NOW I'M FEELING MOTIVATED

You try making fun show set after the end of the world.

That plotline is not why people think it's good

If you could read you would be dangerous.

>In 2015, 12-17 year olds had the highest per capita attendance (7.3) and largest increase in per capita
attendance, up nearly one ticket per person from 2014. Per capita attendance also increased for 25-39 year
olds and people 60 and older compared to the previous year. Moviegoer demographic shares were similar to
previous years, with 12-17 year olds and Hispanics significantly oversampling in tickets sold relative to their
shares of the population.

Stop replying.

I don't think you need the ((( ))) with a name like that

Meh don't worry. They will do reshoots and make it quip as fuck.

Just re-watch the Suicide Squad teaser trailer. All teasers are completely different from the final product.

I have no idea why you people still judge this by the teaser trailer anyway when we know by now that the studio will edit it in a different upbeat way like most movies.

Obviously I meant Quantum Ranger, who is handsome and awesome.

Should have hired Joseph Kahn

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1MwupHAPpU

Wrong

Looks neato. Will torrent and watch while drunk.

That's not in the MPAA 2015 stats at all.

You just typed that up and made it up.

>image search
>played by retired porn actress

And off to JAVLibrary I go.

Why would anyway like Power Rangers?

It looks like the blandest show for only those with nostalgia who like it. I never watched it as a kid.

please user, the moment I hear the riff I feel God has touched me and for that moment I'm the 10 year old kid, having his megazord in his lap and everything is fine. everything is fine.

youtube.com/watch?v=9wBid6HlGL8

You might be retarded lmao.
>mpaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/MPAA-Theatrical-Market-Statistics-2015_Final.pdf

have a great day!

mpaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/MPAA-Theatrical-Market-Statistics-2015_Final.pdf

It's on the second page, sixth bullet point.

Someone should face jail time for raping Johnny Cash's Walk the Line.

oh
my
fukcing
god

She is beyond hot.

Lightspeed Rescue will always be the best post-in Space series

That was so fucking generic I nearly fell asleep. Where's the cheese? why isn't Kimberly hot? why isn't based Billy showing up everyone? why isn't Zack black and doing dance moves every 5 seconds? shit where's the comedy? where are the putties? no these power pukes aren't even a shadow of the originals.

>teenagers making out
DROPPED

No joke they should have got whoever directed 21 jump street to direct this

I feel they would have been the right fit

You know what I might even agree with you here , at least it would actually be fun.

>not In Space
>youtube.com/watch?v=B8RmUkInp_A
Shit taste

They should have made it just like Fantastic Four (2005).

That film nailed the comedy and fun. No idea why it gets hated

Lame as fuck. Shit guitar tone. Drop tuned to hell. No personality in that sound. The original version of the theme is still the best. It's not even real guitar but that tone is unmistakable and nothing else sounds like that.

they're banking on half of the audience being there to earn nostalgia bucks and the rest on the YA crowd

I know man but it doesn't stop me feeling depressed as fuck about it all. I miss cheesy action.

>trying to make a morning super hero kid show dark toned and serious
You can't take people in colorful outfits seriously

Oh yea... look at all the fun we're having...

>$350 - $400 million at the box office
screencap this

It's one of my mother's favorite films no joke.

I forgot about dino charge

I remember when Chris Evans wasn't huge.

Saw it with this girl I was into because her brother in-law was one of the main characters. I remember being bothered immensely by inconsistent time travel rules.

So is this gonna be better or worse than the bootleg version?

Not him but the only other picks there are Go-busters and Toqger if you want post-Zyuranger teams.

Which were both post Gokaiger.

Fake memory

Welcome to the matrix motherfucker

youtube.com/watch?v=DmOzHNgSw6Q

For comparison lads.

Can we get rid of this idea that good looking people are bullied outcasts?

Diversify your bonds

not in a josh trank world you cant

>Power Rangers Movie made 66 million in 1995
>This movie has a budget of 150 million

FLOP INCOMING

guys, at the end, it looks like the suit was just phasing onto him. Does that mean no more transformation sequences?

They fucking did It, they made a power rangers movie look exciting In 2016!

Op is a faggot

>cover of a johnny cash song in the trailer

D R O P P E D

>post yfw we get some chopped up diplo x skrillex version of this

youtube.com/watch?v=8pQYtmb-f0w

>director already said that the movie would be lighthearted and fun
>people worried that it might be too serious

the rangers just have a slightly dark past so that they can have some character development

This could probably look cool in action. The characters running or fighting as the suit forms on them.

All they needed to do was make a silly movie and they managed to botch it. How?

>Not based Dino Thunder.

>Double Tommy

Opinion discarded

It's happening

>Not wanting double Tommy to kick the shit out of Narutards
Gas yourself while hanging yourself.

JDF is the worst thing to ever happen to Power Rangers.

I'd laugh at you if I wasn't so embarrassed for you.

If this shit doesn't start with "AAAH, AFTER 10,000 YEARS I'M FREE, IT'S TIME TO CONQUER EARTH" then i'm not watching it

hey guys i'm a power ranger AMA

his character saved the show

Didn't the new Ninja Turtles 2 just bomb though?
I really don't get why Hollywood wants to do these nostalgia trip movies when the audience isn't interested in franchises over two decades old.

I would have been very interested in a new TMNT movie if everything about it wasn't god awful.

Power Ranger is goofy fun. It's always been goofy fun. It's not gonna work as some gritty YA capeshit reboot because that's not what the property is about. All gritty serious reboots of inherently silly shit fail.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jwup4ItqyNQ

>Implying the old turtles didn't look like garbage too

TMNT is one of the most nostalgia blind fanbases in the world.

hang yourself while shoot yourself in the mouth

Christ. I watched all of MMPR on netflix a couple of years ago and that theme is burned into my brain forever. That show was a constant barrage of the same shit over and over again. It's insane. The later shows really improved the franchise. Especially space.

Objectively you are retarded. The old TMNT movies still look perfect.

>Thats not Lost Galaxy/Light Speed Rescue/Time Force

Any other rangers are shit

You couldn't have proven my point any better than you just did.

except the years when Ben 10 was number 1

see

Landis wrote an early version of the script

The movie will be JUST tier.

>shitting on based henson's god tier work
There's a special place in hell for people like you.

as long as sentai exists. powerrangers will find a way.

Not an argument.

>this board represents a substantial part of the moviegoing public

QUANTUM POWER!

Close but thats not Lost Galaxy

youtube.com/watch?v=509WwZHJN5Q

New Thread

Neither is what you said. Dumb nigger.

There's a difference between thinking something is badly designed and thinking something is of poor quality. I wouldn't expect you to understand that though.