My Scientology Movie

>multiple allegations of violence and imprisonment
Why doesn't the FBI just fucking raid the scientology gold base and find The Hole?

Yeah cultists will say anything to deny they're being held against their will. But you round up everyone and interview them individually, someone's bound to talk.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EG70fhg0wL4
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_0qvqGzAd4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Even just when the three old guys turned up outside the studio and started harassing them. There's been so much evidence of this happening repeatedly, surely there are grounds for an investigation.

During that confrontation it was laughable watching the old guy trying to stop Louis from interrupting. It was pretty clear he was used to giving orders to subordinates in the cult and suddenly based Louis was there interviewing like a boss.

>like a boss

>EXCUSE ME I'M TRYING TO HAVE A COMMS CYCLE HERE

Why should people voluntarily engaging in an ascetic religious practice be harassed? Should the FBI also raid Benedictine monks?

They're blatantly under duress.

Don't be obtuse for the sake of being contrarian.
People allegedly are routinely manipulated into believing they're kept against their will. Reports of kidnapping, forced labour, and beatings.

Investigating these claims and taking necessary action is appropriate.

They can leave at any time with the only penalty being excommunication from Scientology. That's a fact.

>Why doesn't the FBI just fucking raid the scientology gold base and find The Hole?

Because its bullshit lies from disgruntled ex-members.

Don't blindly swallow religiously bigoted propaganda just because the Internet has always been anti-Scientology since the days of Usenet. Scientologists stay in because they find value in the practices of Scientology. That's a fucking fact. They endure hardship because they feel it is a road to total freedom, not because they don't have an option to leave.

Anyone can leave at any time, they just can't come back to Scientology again if they don't leave in the proper way. The value of Scientology is what keeps them in, not a gun held to their heads.

And the harassment that goes with being labeled an "SP".

Damn, I forgot the Internet Scientology Defence Force is at full operative capacity

t. David Miscavige

>room for "SPs" with barred windows and a guard at the door
hmmmm

>That's a fact.
>That's a fucking fact.
FACT

Nope. You can leave Scientology and not be harassed -- as long as you don't attack it.

If you attack Scientology, they attack back. It's not a turn-the-other-cheek religion, simple as that. Don't start none, won't be none.

Just be honest dude, you spent $50,000 on Scientology books and just have to justify it on Cred Forums now.

>Can't criticise a religion or condemn the actions of a religion without members of the community turning up on your private property to harass you.

>Can't talk about the abuse received while part of the religion.

Righto

>$50,000 on Scientology books
Ho, ho, yes, I saw the Louis Theroux documentary, too.

Do you only repeat things you saw on television and film or do you have your own thoughts informed by other experiences?

>his messiah is literally a c-list science fiction writer who talked about how easy it was to make money off of a religion

I was making a joke you autist.

It's all perfectly legal behavior, trust me, that's a fact.

You're free to go into the woods and poke bears with sticks, that's your right, but don't complain when you get torn apart.

>you don't have a legal right to criticize anything that isn't illegal

Nice hate symbol. Fear and Final Blackout are incredible science fiction novels. Have you read them? Are you about to google reviews of them in order to reply to me? Please don't bother.

Shit analogy try again.

You have a legal right to poke bears with sticks for sure.

Do it! Do it using your real name.

Which OT level are you?

Not him but you have legal right to criticize but they have the right to defend themselves against your criticism.

The only thing in the documentary that makes Scientology look bad is the groups of harassers they send after Louis. Not sure why they think that approach is a good one.
Without them, Marty would be the one looking bad.

Except when they enter private property to Squirrel Bust

Oh, that's what this is

youtube.com/watch?v=EG70fhg0wL4

Its not like they don't receive similar harassment.

All the Scientology apologists in this thread.
Too funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_0qvqGzAd4

Christ, redditors aren't even afraid of letting everyone know they're new here.

People break the law that makes it okay for us!

Every Scientology thread here we get this. I honestly can't tell if it's actual SIDF or funny guys trying to ruse.

Hard to tell sometimes but wouldn't surprise me if there was one scientology autist that got sucked in with the promise of community.

>logical and factual arguments are a ruse

They're just speaking some sense and sharing their opinion, and that's a fact!!

>logical
>scientology

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

My Scientology Movie is absolutely shit compared to Going Clear.

World's apart, it's like Louis is an amateur and he could get no one to speak apart from angry wife's son guy.

Actual Scientologists are prohibited from viewing sites like this. Anyone who would have the clearance to do so has more important things to do with their time like dig through Leah Remini's garbage.

it threw me off when they used their lingo so openly to an outsider. either they're so out of touch with the outside world that they don't realize that their cult's crazy speak isn't very well known (likely) or they were hamming it up for the cameras. that one guy said that they record themselves because it's shown to their ceo pope so maybe it's more for his benefit.

t. David Miscarriage

Well that dude who got out said that he knew fuck all about outside world, couldn't find a job or even get a bank account.
So it's most likely the only language they know how to speak.

i'm sure i could google the answer, but does any one know why they use a cross as one of their religious symbols?

why do they do anything? because hubbard thought it was a good idea

>Shelly Miscavige hasn't been heard from in over 10 years
>"but she's totally fine guys I promise she's totally cool"
>FBI accepts this
Bravo FBI what an investigative agency

Not a real answer.

From Wikipedia: The cross closely resembles the Christian cross, but differs from it with the addition of four diagonal rays between the conventional horizontal and vertical arms. The eight points of the cross represent the eight dynamics in Scientology:

The Self
Creativity, sex, and procreation (family)
Group, society, community
Species survival (humankind)
Life forms in general
Matter, Energy, Space & Time (physical universe)
Spirit (self or others as a spiritual being)
Infinity or Supreme being
The Church of Scientology says that "the horizontal bar represents the material universe, and the vertical bar represents the spirit. Thus, the spirit is seen to be rising triumphantly, ultimately transcending the turmoil of the physical universe to achieve salvation." [1]

It goes on to say that their cross was inspired by a Christian cross found in Arizona by Hubbard, but that's the only association it has with Christianity.

Is this out? Where can I watch?