For god's sake WHAT HAPPENED TO HER EEEEEYES?!!!

For god's sake WHAT HAPPENED TO HER EEEEEYES?!!!

The original Evil Dead is one of the scariest movies of all time. I don't get how anyone can find it silly. Okay, the claymation at the end LOOKED silly, but the tone and execution of this movie is infinitely more sinister than anything modern.

The buildup is the most intense ever. Everything leading up to the first possession is bone-chilling.

The following films were more technically impressive, but this is the most visceral horror movie ever made. How can anyone say 'it was an unintentional comedy it was so bad'? It's fucking awesome.

The fact that this was a movie made on a pocket-change budget by a bunch of kids makes it seem masterful when you notice how well it's made.

I don't know but It took me awhile to work out that evil dead 2 wasn't a parody. I stumbled onto it on tv when the claymation corpse was dancing about.

I liked the bits where the lightbulb filled with blood and his hand sank into the mirror
I like that "breakdown of reality" kind of stuff

Same here. I've come to realize that it's almost ad creepy as the first one but had new slapstick humor to break the tension. And it worked brilliantly.

The remake was a nice little tribute to the horror of the original, i say they remake the whole trilogy, make part 2 a sweet little homage to the funny second original, and then wrap it up with a high-budget army of darkness that's funny, but on the scale of LotR.

watch the short film they made to get funding for it.

it's crazy for a no-budget short made in '78

Final jump scare is fucking terrifying. And this was decades before youtube screamers

That picture isn't scary at all. It was scarier in the remake.

Nope, the old deadites were far scarier. They moved and acted completely unhuman. The ones in the remake just seemed like normal people doing another exorcist gig

The picture in OP's post has literally no effect on me. I've seen pictures of this in the remake and that actually creeps me out.

I hate the lenses they used in the remake
They look like those shitty ones girls get for halloween

I think it's pretty spooky

When i rewatched it last night, i couldn't help but wonder how awesome a young harrison ford would have played Scotty lol. But the actor who played him was still pretty funny

There's a story about the shitty lenses the actors who played the Deadites used in the original.
Some of them even ended up ha having eye problems for life.

That doesn't affect me, the viewer

I don't.

You're exaggerating.

No I'm not
They are literally what comes up when you type "spooky eye lenses"
Every single halloween here I see teenage girls walking around with these lenses

Fuck off, the remake deadites were generic zombies. Looked like shit.

A couple of those don't even look that bad. Are you going to try to tell me the contacts used in the original movie don't look at least as cheap as those?

Does that change the fact that OP's picture is 0% scary and they actually looked scary in the remake?

Sclera Contact lenses are fucking awful for eyes they can commonly scratch your cornea (which you DO NOT WANT) on insertion or removal. They have a tendency to make your eyes really dry which can lead to eye infections.

They're really not good.

[source]

I used to be an Opticians assistant.

Blank inhuman eyes are spoopier to me than red/yellow

I agree but for some reason it absolutely doesn't work in OP's picture.

cuck alert

Explain