What's the best Sci-Fi show and why is it Farscape?

What's the best Sci-Fi show and why is it Farscape?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fZqb90SW0oA
youtube.com/watch?v=C9QxlXcqyQ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because everything user. It does everything right.

No arguing about that m8. Most other shows are overrated trash. I think I love farscape so much because I went in woth no expectations yet to find another person who likes it.

Someone called??????
Plebians will never know the true scifi show.

forget the sci-fi genre, Farscape is the best TV show ever made, period

Best girl

sup scorpy

>biggest slut in the galaxy
>best girl
lolno

But that's not Officer Sun.

not him but
>implying aeryn didnt fuck all Chads in the squad during the deployment multiple times
I still love her tho

>implying you wouldnt feed her your bone

>frelling bow for your dominar!

I'd wager the majority of it's success was that they let the entire crew have input

for example Ben would keep talking to himself in takes much to the director's displeasure and eventually asked him why. "Duh Crichton has PTSD from the Aurora Chair." Then he kept getting denied until the bulged and pic related became Harvey

You can speculate, but there's only evidence of one that she fucked, and he was a tech as well as a complete beta. Something tells me she isn't all that attracted to the tough Chad soldier type. She probably recreated with some of them though for sure, but she doesn't come off as the submissive type

Chiana on the other hand... who knows how many males she's given it up to, it's likely beyond counting. Not to mention she had literal Space AIDS until they cured her late in season 2

sorry boys but you're near human waifus are a farbot

best Francesca Buller character incoming

>ywn get wasted on freslin with Raxil
feels bad man

It's a shame her and Crichton never hooked up during one his many of on-again off-again moments with Aeryn.

I'd rather not get my eyes plucked out desu

Scratch and Sniff is so out of place even for Farscape with all the stupid editing, not the plot

still nothing is as worse as the one where Chiana wants to jump off a rock

>that scene in Crackers Don't Matter where he almost rapes her
wew

dude he lost his virginity to her

Yeah but he doesn't remember it as being Chiana.

It was supposed to be out of place, John is telling a story and he's an unreliable narrator. Scratch 'n Sniff is one of the funniest episodes the in the show

Taking the Stone is pretty bad, but I still enjoy it anyway. Some of the scenes/lines are so cheesy I can't help but smile. Also I hear the idea for it came from some night where members of the cast & crew did a bunch a shrooms together

>cheats on D'Argo with his own son

Yeah, nah.

I knew I was hooked when the first line D'Argo said was

PILOT I DEMAND YOU GIVE ME MANUVERABILITY NOW

So what's the best episode and why is it Crackers Don't Matter?

I was hooked the moment I saw Aeryn put John on the ground and straddle him

definitely top 10, but my absolute favorite has to be John Quixote

I remember this show more than I should.

why all of my waifus are jewish?

Well Dargo can only fit in wide holes so they matched perfectly.
I still would fuck that blue girl in a heart beat even if it means space aids.

it's okay, it isn't a real ethnicity they're just descendants of people who joined a club in the middle ages. Only a small percentage of them are descendants of genuine ethnic jews

Have you not seen it since it first aired?

wrong

>inb4 she's a traitor
I'd let her fuck me over any day

I always love the comfy Farscape threads that appear every once and a while on Cred Forums. Its one of the few shows that everyone agrees is good. Also Scorpius is the GOAT villain. No other show has ever had a villain stay this good for an entire 4 season run.

>he literally got to fuck her when he was 18

I love how the show takes on the "former villain joining up with the good guys" cliche and doing it in a way that makes them even more interesting instead of just turning them into snarky sidekicks like other shows might (anime in particular)

Scorpius' comeback at the end of season 4 is glorious

Finally got my wife to watch this and now she's hooked. Shed make fun of it for the longest time.

What's really great is that, although he does sort of become a hero, he never changes as a person. His goals and personality remain the same; he just wants to defend the Peacekeepers against the inevitable Scarran aggression. His goal was always heroic and he never compromises on it.

So, what do you think happened with them after Peacekeeper wars?

buy anime dvd, have farscape in the anime show previous!!!!!!!!!!!!! adv film i miss you

Agreed. They ruin this in the comics by showing how he doesn't give a shit about the Peacekeepers and only cares about destroying the Scarran Empire and he uses the PK Alliance to accomplish this. He actually betrays the Peacekeepers when he finds a more powerful group to align himself with

God the comics are such shit, the characterization is so off that actually made me angry reading them. They even turn Aeryn into a Born-Again Christian, or the Sebacean equivalent anyway

Fucking worst character on the show

factually incorrect

Your side is the wrong side, my side is objectively correct.

Cutest villain?

Cutest villain.

That little fucking nigger

>villain

But he was the hero!

read the comics at your own peril

I'm not really a comics guy, do they keep things close to original series?

No, they're shit. The original creator is involved but the absence of the other main writers is obvious and sorely missed. Everyone acts out-of-character and the plot is Star Wars-lite

Only read them if you are incredibly desperate. There is one exception however, the D'Argo comics. They're pretty good, except obviously they don't continue the series but rather take place between the end of season 3 and the beginning of season 4

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Rygel verbally wrecking Durka was absolutely brilliant.
Better even than him physically doing it later

I'l try D'Argo first then, thank you, user

I would also highly recommend House of Cards, a wonderful little tie-in novel that does a great job at capturing the spirit of the show.

Who was your favourite one/two episode wonder, and what was it Maldis?

Nope.

>What's the best Sci-Fi show
see

>this dude was more dangerous than scarrans and wormhole technology

>What's the best Sci-Fi show

haha no

I watched most of the first season and it didn't grab me. Have I given it a fair shot, or is it about to get great?

Second season is definitely stronger but if you're not grabbed by season 1 you're probably a dirty pleb.

>most of the first season
At least finish the first season, the last several episodes is when the writing improves considerably. You have to understand that no such show had ever been made in Australia before so they were groping around in the dark.

The season 1 finale is excellent, if that doesn't grab you and make you want to continue, it simply isn't for you.

Did you see this guy's introduction?

If not, keep going until he turns up, because that's when it kicks into gear

I saw Scorpius and liked him, and did notice an improvement in writing and depth of characters, but it still felt cheesy and puppet-tier. Jeez, now that I'm reading plot descriptions, I'm pretty sure I saw up to S02E06 "Picture If You Will."

Man, I have given hours to try to find a sci-fi show to love to SG-1, LEXX, this...

Sounds like you just have shit taste. I'm the GoT general is still around, try going there.

>He doesn't like my niche thing
>I know, I'll tell him he should watch something mainstream
>Yeah, that'll come off as super clever

>farscape
>niche

Except you also said you don't like SG1 and Lexx. Maybe you just don't like sci-fi?

>but it still felt cheesy and puppet-tier
the way you put that makes me question your tastes. Of course the show is a bit silly, the comedy is an important aspect. And "puppet-tier"? What kind of retarded criticism is that? The show literally has puppets, if this bothers you why watch past the first episodes?

Farscape has some of the best character development of any show ever made, some episodes might be "cheesy" fun-filled adventures but other episodes are emotionally-charged and intense. That's part of the appeal, it has something for everyone. Drama, comedy, action, romance, even a bit of horror. If you can't appreciate it, all I have to offer you is my pity

>Maybe you just don't like sci-fi?
I really do, but there just haven't been many TV shows that have grabbed me, alas:
The Twilight Zone
The Outer Limits
Firefly
BSG (2003 Mini-series, couldn't finish the series)
ST TOS
ST TNG
Kyle XY
The 4400

I pity me too. I want another show to love.

You have enormously shit taste.

Could you expand on that? At least a couple of those shows are pretty universally loved, so I'm curious as to your train of thought.

Another one bites the dust.

>the 4400 and kyle xy over stargate and farscape

funny that you like TOS and Farscape, the latter takes quite a few cues from the former. They're both colorful, often bizarre and sometimes silly sci-fi adventures shows that are driven by a strong character dynamic. Also plenty of hot babes

Crichton even makes several references to TOS, at one point I think he asks himself "What would Kirk do?"

*funny that you like TOS and not Farscape*

who is better, Harvey or Scorpy?

>implying I wasn't the best for D'Argo

D'Argo would break her in half, Chiana is just loose enough for his giant Luxan cock

>Liking the girl who is basically a guy with tits.

user just come out as gay already.

i never saw past season 2 for time/life reasons. I think the last episode i saw was when some thing was making him believe he was on an alt earth for like 2 episodes. Not sure if I'll start over or continue if i can find that episode.

It's been years

>never really watched the show
>just when I saw it on I'd keep it on for a quick fap of her

Fuck I don't even know their names or what the premise was.

>born 1972
kek ok

He turned into a great character.

dat voice tho

>The imperfection is yours
based

BELLY
E
L
L
Y

Eh, not really. He was sometimes tolerable other times I just wanted him to die. There's only episode I like him in and it isn't even really the same character, as the gamemaster in John Quixote

maybe you're confusing picture if you will with the first maldis episode 'that old black magic' or something like that.

if you dont like it by the end of season one i doubt you will like the rest but it keeps getting better I think.

Dude, his face is made of light. What more do you want?

The most unsung hero there ever was.

I think they should have done what was originally planned, and killed him off in season 1

>didn't become a recurring character they occasionally encountered on the ship
missed opportunity desu

firefly

I would love to lick her sweaty abs after a workout

FUCK you

Who had the biggest tits in farscape?
Furlow doesn't count.

Zhaan had some of those mommy knockers.

Grayza was all makeup and no tits

Crackers Don't Matter is probably my favorite episode of anything ever.

>HUMANS ARE SUPERIOR

as he proceeds to sneeze his way through the entire episode.
Crackers was definitely one of the most memorable ones though.
Also fly guy totally space asian

Commandant Grayza

youtube.com/watch?v=fZqb90SW0oA

It must have been the most fun set to work on

youtube.com/watch?v=C9QxlXcqyQ4

>ywn get sucked down a wormhole and join the crew of moya

Why even live?

Can you imagine what they were feeling when while filming the last few episodes? Here are they are, promised another season and feeling secure, loving their wonderful job and all of their friends they work with, when all of a sudden the news comes that the Sci-Fi Channel is stabbing them in the back and going back on their word. No season 5, it's over, finished, caput.

It probably wasn't much fun to be on the set that day

So what exactly was the reason, I forgot, some strike or some shit?

As I understand it, the scene where Chiana was eating lipstick, drinking from the toilet, and complaining about how we just throw perfectly good things away was the first scene they filmed after finding out. Don't know if it's actually true or not, but it gives that scene a whole new meaning.

Didn't they do this in 1 take too?

Yes. They actually destroyed the set. The officers you see slipping and stumbling were actually slipping and stumbling.

I always heard the farscape novels were shit. I heard they even beam down from moya in one of them. Like the writer hadn't even seen the show.

It was a change in management, people who had it out for Farscape and thought it was a waste of money. Even if it was their flagship series, they cut it loose because it was too expensive and it's when the Sci-Fi Channel entered an era of shitty psychic talk/reality shows

They mention this in the special features, pretty sure it's true

House of Cards is the exception, all of the novels are shit except for that one. The author obviously did his homework and not only watched the show but loved it, and it shows. Totally worth a read

I remember I first watched this when the first season was coming out and I was 12 or 13 and I jerked it to the blue girl and usually went to sleep right after that.
I don't really remember much else except that the main guy reminded me of like some kind of slacker archetype or something. (Also I wonder what word I used in my head to replace archetype at that age).

great scene, also the love the part where he and Aeryn try to have a quickie in the ship's garden

Ok, good to know. I heard it here, so had no idea if it was true or not.

>Lol sex
Sorry man, Babylon 5.

>I feel compelled to comment on a show I've never watched.
Why though?

>just like you, comrade, I am american

why was show ended ???

Jews

netflix get it pick up ????

I believe it was on Netflix, and just recently got dropped.

it is great, but the best will either go to B5 of the one season of Total Recall that made every other sci fi show look like piss

It's still on Netflix, except for PK Wars.

Tell me why it's so good. I watched the first few episodes and didn't really care for it.

You don't like sci-fi mate.
More like fantasy-like drama series.