Mel Gibson receives 10-minute standing O

FORGIVEN

>After wowing critics at early morning press screenings on Sunday, Mel Gibson’s pacifist World War II action drama, Hacksaw Ridge, had its red carpet world premiere out of competition at the Venice Film Festival last night. The film played to a roughly 10-minute standing ovation — long standing-Os are not as common a happenstance on the Lido as they are at some other festivals. At about six minutes into the ovation, Gibson and the actors were asked to go down into the audience.
>This is the first film Gibson has directed in a decade and last night at the gala premiere, he and the actors were “overwhelmed” and “very truly speechless,” I’m told by a person close to the gang. A private dinner followed hosted by Hacksaw‘s Italian distributors, Andrea Leone and Eagle Pictures.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mUULFJ_I048
youtube.com/watch?v=s2-1hz1juBI
youtube.com/watch?v=wQzn4a5qHT4
youtube.com/watch?v=qtQLp9bR9-k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mel Gibson is the only person fit to save cinema.

Ang Lee's Billy Lynn

vs

Mel Gibson's Hacksaw Ridge

Who will win kino of the year?

youtube.com/watch?v=mUULFJ_I048

Or

youtube.com/watch?v=s2-1hz1juBI

TRIGGERED

thank you jews

>we can be heroes starts playing

No, thank you Mel.

Do people really belive this shit? 10 minutes us an eternity to fucking stand and clap. I don't think I've clapped for more than 15 seconds let alone 600.

nigga have you ever even been to a church? based mel evokes spiritual redemption in people

>10 minutes

I dont care how good a film is standing and clapping for more than 30 seconds straight would be awkward as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=wQzn4a5qHT4

well someone sure uses thesaurus.com

>Vin Diesel in a serious war drama
why.jpeg

>what is saving private ryan
he's actually not that bad when he's not pretending to be super fast car man

She is literally not even reviewing the movie. She's just babbling nonsense.

Well when opera used to be the big performance artform, you used to have hour-long ovations when new works were given by someone like Verdi.

Even at classical music concerts today, a good-exceptional performance will get about 10 minutes of applause too.

>people aren't allowed to have moral convictions if it comes from religion because I HATE RELIGION

Wew

Good for Mel, can you fags stop whining about him being blackballed from the industry now?

Muh atheism - the review

Not what she said. Having convictions isn't the same as portraying religious people as morally superior to nonreligious people.

>I get confused when people use big words

>>>/reddit/

>10 minute standing ovation
I didn't realize just how far up its own ass hollywood was

>pacifist World War II action drama

D R O P P E D

I wonder who's behind this post

many europeans are much more forgiving over his political transgressions.
We dont have angry jews in every position of power, they kinda just disappeared at the middle of the last century.

Why are you posting month old news?

this. all anti-war movies are inherently hypocritcal

>he kicks a grenade in mid air
Seemed believable until that point.
What the hell, Mel?

>all anti-war movies are inherently hypocritcal

I've laughed for twenty minutes, no stopping. It can happen.

>religious people as morally superior to nonreligious people.

there is no morality outside of religion, so the statement is true.

But she appears to be saying that the protagonist's stance (i.e. the sanctity - for want of a better word - of human life) would be worth celebrating if his moral system stemmed from a non-religious point of view. In this position. The 'celebration' being an appreciation of the moral superiority of the protagonist.

But the instant that this moral system is connected to religion, it is no longer worth celebrating because the fact that the moral system is intrinsically tied to the religion makes it problematic to celebrate the position.

>war is bad guys
>9/10 times the warfare scenes are designed to be exciting or shocking and only reinforce the ways people glamorize combat

holy shit that trailer is dogshit. looks like 1/10 oscar bait, which makes sense it would get ovations at a film festival.

the worse the bait is, the better it's received. universal law of film festivals and oscarbaits

>this. all anti-war movies are inherently hypocritcal
gee I wonder how you got that intelligent incompletely independent thought

it's not the clapping I have an issue with - it's the fact that they did it for 10 fucking minutes over a movie.

And then you people have the gall to say
>Americlaps

Thank god. Now go and make that viking movie

THIS

>there is no morality outside of religion
Why do you say that? Why would that even be slightly the case?

You have no idea what you're talking about. Oscar bait shit gets torn apart all the time, see that Van-Sant/McConaughey film or the Grace Kelly biopic a few years ago

>150,000 views
Are you an idiot?

If there isn't an absolute good and evil or god then we're just animals.
Murder and rape and other crimes would simply be unfashionable and not evil, and the only reason not to perform them would be due to some evolutionary mechanism that prevents us from doing so for the good of our species.

Read some Kant, faggot.

>not being able to kick a grenade mid-flight

>being a materialist
wew

fucking nigger, truffeau said so before both this youtube nigger and the kike who invented youtube were even sperm cells

>And then you people have the gall to say
>>Americlaps

We clap for one of the greatest minds of our time and his stand against an unjustifiable prosecution by the (((media))).
American clap for people making pig noises:
youtube.com/watch?v=qtQLp9bR9-k

you actually expect anyone on Cred Forums to have any understanding of film beyond film school drop outs youtube channels?

>pacifist world war 2 action drama

*tips fedora

You lose again, kikes

>A lady critic

>Billy Lynn
So what did happen? He cowered in a ditch while a helicopter bombed a playground full of children?

dunno why I expected better

>Presenting an argument from both sides is bad

That's not what I'm saying and you know it.

kys faggot

vin diesel is based

>making a "war is bad movie" without showing war
present me one good movie that does that
take your time
just post it when you find one

?
It's the whole crowd doing the applause

>>This is the first film Gibson has directed in a decade

The jews kept him from making maybe 2-5 movies. He was set to do a native language viking movie after Passion and Apocalypto.

Fuck these fucking kikes. Just glad they couldn't hold him back forever.

>there is no morality outside of religion
Do Christfags believe they invented morality? You can invent a moral in three seconds. Gee, its almost as if people construct morality...

Thus board us full of fucking morons

>Saving Private Ryan is literally shot like a gore and horror flick.
Most of these films arent bring pro-violence. They are showing you the destructive uselessness of war

>I dont understand the subtext of Full Metal Jacket

Yes, we are just aninals....who invent morality. You are conflating different, autistic shit son.

I'm thinking he's back.

>its the jews fault for mel gibson blacklisting himself by being a sperg, hard to work with and a general pain in the ass

Sure.

Mordecai please go

>youtube.com/watch?v=mUULFJ_I048
looks a cheap version of a Clint movie
i'll pass

really wondering who could be behind this post right now
making the neurons work overtime i'd say

>based on an actual person and real events

>everything is my jew boogeyman

Fuck off back to pol, neocuck

>everything is my pol boogeyman
what did he mean by this

You literally did the jew boogeyman you illiterate faggot

Trailer 1: made it to 1:01. so about half. that was SHIT.

Trailer 2: oh no, its fucking spiderman nerdy guy. oh wait. this is actually... woah im getting into the story and characters... i dont even see a goofy spiderman now... holy shit

Mel is based.

i'd clap until my hands bleed for Mel

?

please point in my post where I mention anything about jews
then please point where I mention being from pol

I can't believe he believes in the message of the movie tho.

Did they forgive Lars Von Trier?

That's what I'm saying. Not that all are bad, but the vast majority are flawed in their message

Fighting for the Jews is always wrong. Mel knows that.

I think he'll say some shit about it in the future.

>he jews kept him from making maybe 2-5 movies. He was set to do a native language viking movie after Passion and Apocalypto.

>Fuck these fucking kikes. Just glad they couldn't hold him back forever.
>fuck these fucking kikes
(jews stopped him from making movies)

^this is what I responded to, it is quite literally a pol jew boogeyman. Are you illiterate?

>really wondering who could be behind this post right now
Gee, this is totally not about jews, right? Are you retarded?

i didn't make that post, only this one

why is your instinct to think that this would refer to jews? are you antisemitic?

Dont be a coy faggot, you know full well that your response was meant to be about jews being behind this post. The whole chain you were in is about jews being the reason mel doesnt work in hollywood...which is pol bs.

So please, go back

Then tell us all what you meant then...who was behind that post, huh? Enlighten us.

you seem very quick to judge and condemn anons
you have a lot of anger in you and this is not making a good atmosphere in this thread

Mel is too good for Hollywood.

The jews don't deserve him.

So basically everyone giving a standing ovation was saying "oh, it's ok to be a wife abusing racist and sexist, that's totally fine as long as you still make good movies!"

Not eventrolling, people make me sick

JEWS CAN DESTROY CAREERS BUT CAN'T DESTROY TALENT

Gibson/West 2020

>I cant seperate the film from the director
John Lennon beat his jids but I still like Plastic Ono Band

Hahaha immediately thought the same.

That fucking face, ugliest man alive confirmed?

>Not eventrolling

*kids

>Venice Film Festival
>August 31st to September 10th, 2016
I understand that you're gay for Mel Gibson but we had threads about this when it happened.

>wife abusing racist and sexist

Don't blame the player, blame the game.

yes. Mel makes good films.

Tell us who was behind that post then...

can you not read user?
i literally wrote that i was "really wondering who could be behind that post"

I don't even care if this is bait.
Fuck you

When did you realize that Mel Gibson and China are going to BTFO American liberals and save the film industry?

wait
wait
wait
do atheists think they have a moral high ground?
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

>moral superiority of the faithful over the faithless

Objectively true.

Lol and you think that wasnt supposed to br read ironically about jews? You're a bad troll, mate

But that's because you have Down's Syndrome user.

>I dont know what the word "objective" means

Johnny Got His Gun was the 1/10.

why are you so antisemitic user?

>Believing something because someone told you to
>Moral superiority
Gonna need better bait

I can't wait until you racist frogposting assholes fuck off of the website after your meme candidate gets BTFO next month.

Mad?

But I'm not American and I hope Hillary wins so we get WW3 final showdown with Russia

If we survive it there will be an entire new wave of war kino

what makes you think that's the only reason I believe it

God literally tells you to believe it. There is no other reason.

I still want Mel to play Zeus in a biopic. Perfect wrinkled face perfect beard perfect hair

Mel's a good Christian, he won't participate in heresy and would probably shame all you kek posting heretics

Sam is back baby

>Mel Gibson will never put you in an oven

ahh. she thinks she's a leddit tier version of pauline kael. how kewt

t. Shlomo