This is the best television show of 2016

This is the best television show of 2016.

Prove me wrong Cred Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

rlsbb.com/westworld-s01e02-hdtv-x264-batv/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>jew jew
>nolan

it's shit

>Prove me wrong Cred Forums
I can't. It is an awesome show.

I hate JJ for what he did with ending of Lost, Starwars and Star Trek but I actually think this new show is pretty good.

A clock is right at least twice a day user.

JJ has practically zero influence on this show, and that is evident but the shows good quality.

GTA god mode live act

cap this: You faggots are going to hate this great show by episode 5, pretty much when all the normies are going to be all over it.
This thing is the Nolan's show, JJ just shells the dracmas.

I thought the same, but as a producer what exactly has he done that deserves the title?

Are hosts made of edible materials?

Say I wanted to come to Westworld and indulge my fantasy of being a cannibal? Can I shoot someone in the street and munch on their cybermeat?

Could I go out to the plains and kill a mechabuffalo and have a buffalo steak?

sometimes producers will take a cut of an episode if they think they're issues, or that might be executive producer, depending on how the company is structure.

So they will have influence on episode construction.

More like Red Dead Redemption.

>Prove me wrong Cred Forums
The Night Of

we saw what they're made of user, it looks like some kind of silicon. Or whatever futuristic sinewy shit that milk bath is. I have a feeling you wouldn't want to eat them

>what exactly has he done that deserves the title?
nothing, he just gives his name as 'the big guy for you from '

protip: I can't

This is probably the best answer, except protag doesn't die like a bitch this time since they can't die.

I don't really understand the draw of Westworld if you're incapable of losing.

Having a shootout that you can't possibly lose doesn't seem like much fun. Why bother taking cover or choosing your shots when you can jump out of cover, walk straight up to the guy shooting you over and over, and choke him while all his buddies impotently take potshots at me.

I'm not saying I want my brains blown out when they shoot me, but shouldn't there be some kind of lose condition to make it exciting?

Does it have flaws? Of course, good luck finding a show that doesn't. Is it the best of the year? Possibly but it's definitely a great show so far.

hi, reddit

Normies are already all over it. I heard about it from a work colleague.

I thought this too but maybe it is like other user said and he got caught up in original incident 30 years ago

maybe he is living out a long revenge or something.

It's a theme park, now a game.

the night of

ACTUAL WESTWORLD FINALE SPOILERS

Ford is the original creator of Westworld, as in the one from the 1973 film. After the accident with the Gunslinger, the park was eventually re-opened like Jurassic World with much more human-like hosts, with an emphasis on complete safety. However, Ford is driven to try to replicate humanity and create synthetics which can carry on the race's torch - he believes that human extinction is inevitable. Some of the androids are based on real human people, Delores is a replication of his daughter, who died.

The 'different plan' for the park for investors is to make synthetics who can be replicants for themselves, and download their consciousness into to gain immortal bodies. This is at odds with Ford's philosophy that AI should inherit the Earth, and humanity is doomed to dwindle.

The Gunslinger is a visitor from the park from its original incarnation from the movie, and he's essentially become addicted/obsessed with sin. He can't live a normal life outside of Westworld, as he's become addicted to acting out every impulse inside it. The maze design's meaning is only hinted at in the last few pages of the final episode, as it's the emblem for some mysterious company - he comes across another 'shop', where he finds android versions of Hopkins and himself being worked on - cue cliffhanger.

ugh yeah whats the point of going on rollercoasters theres no thrills at all your just sitting in a safe cart on a rail themeparks are so fucking stupid how can anyone enjoy them

Good point. I think the "ill-fated sidekicks" the choleric writer talks about in episode 2 are supposed to raise the stakes for the players. Also, a lot of video games are actually quite easy if you rush them/fuck with the premise, but the point is, that most people want to be immersed, so they play along.

>good luck finding a show that doesn't

Home Movies.

>think mr. robot shitposting was bad
>had no idea what westworld would bring

I would hope the creators of the park wouldnt be so short sighted as to not simulate the texture, flavour and nutrition of flesh, so people could hunt and eat animals

Why is this show bad and why should I watch it?

Considering they seem to be synthetic people and animals with skeletons and muscles rather than mechanical robots I would assume that is the case.

It's pretty good and something different in a sea of shit that has been 2016 TV. You should watch it because you have nothing better to do on the weekend.

If you can't see the difference between Westworld and a rollercoaster, you're being purposefully obtuse or you're retarded.

Literally Rebbit, The Rick and Morty show

Literal advertising and nothing else

Alright, you've convinced me to watch.

Thanks user I'll watch it now.

How do they tell hosts and humans apart? The knives the guests carry seem to be real/sharp. What's stopping a guest from accidentally stabbing or cutting another guest?
The blonde hostess in episode 2 said the guns aren't real but how do they work? Simulated projectiles that the host body creates damage where the wound would be? In the film the guns just had a targeting mechanism that wouldn't let them fire at anything with a normal human body temperature When the man in black gets shot by hosts you can dust flying off where the shots hit but he feels nothing. Are the guns actually firing something or Is that just what the hosts see?
I really hope they explain this stuff as it goes along.

It seems unlikely. My guess is "it's just sci-fi" will be all the explanation we get.

Time to log into my HBO GO (TM) (R) account and give it a stream!

I wish more happened this last episode.

>How do they tell hosts and humans apart?
Robots. they probably have a log of every guests face
>What's stopping a guest from accidentally stabbing or cutting another guest?
I assume real laws still apply and there's millions of cameras so people probably just think or talk before going Bowie on people
>The blonde hostess in episode 2 said the guns aren't real but how do they work?
It's the future fuck you they're magic. They're probably real guns use some future bullshit besides gunpower and don't fire an actual round unless all the cameras line up and it's a safe shot.

We are only 2 episodes in calm the fuck down you reactionary idiot.

The movie was boring. Is this show boring?

It's bretty gud if you like scifi. The acting is pretty great across the board and the plot has serious potential. Just don't ask questions about the guns

First ep - 9/10
2nd ep 6/10 but with a lot of plot setups

Romeworld and Medievalworld seem a lot better than Westeorld

this show is fucking brainless crap. literally no substance beneath the surface. its Hot Pocket: The Show. its Cheeto Dust: The Western.

Go back to your GoT containment thread

What does game of thrones have to do with anything?

>people die, get stabbed, strip naked or get fucked every five minutes
literally GoT

Hi, 9gag

Can't go wrong with any Michael Crichton story

>insulting John Marston

You'se a bitch, sir.

should i be watching this

Shillworld
where robots post on tv for money to keep their battery running

tfw this could actually be true and makes sense

He's Rockstar's worst character ever made.
John Marston is horrible and only appeals to morons. I enjoyed the game only once I played as his son.

No you need to shitpost on a mongolian tapestry forum.

>Go to Westworld
>Decide to roleplay as a one-eyed treasure hunter
>Try to convince another guest to join me on my adventure
>His idiot friend stabs me in the hand
>Feels bad man

An inferior knockoff of Joss Whedon’s Dollhouse, with a bigger budget. Customized sentient humans, more or less, are used as slaves for the entertainment of the rich and then mindwiped so nobody feels bad about it. This is obviously a suboptimal and economically implausible use of such a fantastic technology, so really the “entertainment” is a way to beta-test the tech that someone is going to use to Try to Take Over the World. This will fail when the mindwipes start wearing thin and the slaves start to wake up. Until then, we’ll get to see attractive people having lots of entertaining sex and violence without consequences, and because this is HBO there will be boobies.

>HBO hey lets make some new DEEP show or something lol Game of Thrones is gonna be dead soon and people don't like all half baked girl comedies we've been making

>ok fuck what do we do tho

>oh I know lets just soft reboot something like is all the rage in Hollywood and make it all modern and shit like make it about female empowerment and stuff but with robotz then all the nu males will like it! lets put symbolism and stuff in it too I dunno, people will think it's deep if we do that and it will get good reviews lol

it's a good show.

you can either enjoy it or put on your fedora, swing your katana around, and bitch here about how awful it is

>It's a discount Chritian Slater episode

>It's a discount Tim Roth episode

Nice in depth analysis

Or the discount Hemsworth

>it's a you should each drink a gallon of bleach because you're both mentally fucking retarded episode

wew

>no one wants to fuck ugly nigger whore
>scientists are baffled, must be something wrong with her programming

So what is the DLC the old man has planned? He said he was working on it for a long time but all he had to show was a shitty burned down church.

Is it some sort of settlement DLC were guests help build a town?

she literally glitched out during a simple conversation then later because of Todd Howard Jr and his bad of narrative fucktards they fucked up her protocols and she started coming on too strong.

Watch the show.

I work at westworld and I'm the guy who cleans the cum out of the robots every night
AMA

>they said I could be anything, see that mountain? you can climb it, so I became Todd Howard

What can change the nature of man?

Why aren't you saving it, using the high-tech to examine its enzymes, and figure out the most powerful DNA, then selling it on the black market?

Quarry

Well the Man in Black is able to shoot through walls. The only logical answer is that the guns fire smart projectiles that disintegrate before they hit humans. This stops stray bullets or ricochets from killing guests. Otherwise, there would be multiple deaths a day.

THIS GUY CANNOT. FUCKING. ACT.

see

i love this show for finally blowing game of shits the fuck out.

do people really curse at their co-workers?
t. neet

It's just another show for shitters to flock to.

the dialogue implied they didnt catch that glitch and were just going on the number of people who fucked it data

yeah but the game of thrones dick sucking has gone on for way too long. its literally turned into the shock and awe lets-pander-to-facebook show taken over by two "main characters" who are 1 dimensional unlikeable retard mary sues who cant act worth a damn.

at least Westworld is genuinely enjoyable for now, then when that goes to shit too they can introduce a new kino show

>Well the Man in Black is able to shoot through walls.

That wall you're talking about is just dried clay. It wasn't a wall as we North-Westerners are accustomed to.

didn't he use the 12g round?

For the guy behind the wall? No. A standard pistol bullet from any gun would be able to penetrate that wall.

>at least Westworld is genuinely enjoyable for now

That's what everyone said about the first season of GoT, user

>judging a television program one episode in

You all need to kill yourselves

but he still used the 12g round, you see him do the double cock thing you do on a le'mat before firing

And GoT deserved it in the first season

now it doesnt

Ah. Well, what I said isn't wrong anyways. But you're right, it was a good directorial decision.

two. theres two episodes out.

so don't watch anything cause it will eventually turn to shit? thats pretty sad m8

yea obviously basically any round would go through that

That's always the way

LITERALLY NOTHING HAPPEND IN EPISODE 02 WTF WAS HBO THINKING

your a strange little faggot, buts heres a (you) anyway, enjoy your weekend buddy

how do you know if it's not out yet

Let's watch and find out the answers together user!

Please refer to global rule 2.

It is literally GoT replacement.

HBO released it on their website so they won't lose ratings from the debate.

its out nigger Westworld.S01E02.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV

wow it's almost as if they gave you just enough info to stay interested and tune in next week

i fapped to the shots of her naked

>jj abrams
I wonder who could be behind this post

kekd

Atlanta is way better.

DUDE NIGGERS LMAO: The Show

Underrated post

You're a literall fucking retard and the fact that you enjoyed playing as the son supports this statement even more.

these WW are starting to remind me of old Lost threads with all the dumbass theories
I love it

>Executive Producer: JJ Abrams

Doesn't the second episode come out tomorrow?

>tfw still haven't watched Lost

Second episode have been out for days now fåm

Its garbage.

Ikr?

thats b8, nobody enjoys playing jack nobody

Did JJ actually have anything to do with Lost past season 1?

>man instructed to be stilted on a show where he plays a stilted man is stilted

wew lad

There are threads on Cred Forums calling it the best show of 2016 after 2 episodes. Extrapolating from the average taste of this terrible board, it is utterly terrible and boring television.

DUDE ANDROIDS LMAO wow that's pretty easy to do, how about you stab yourself in the face until you die

k

thx for sharing

DUDE SPERGS LMAO

how did you find this out user?

>is westworld a simulation
>why would they waste that technology on a theme park
>why should i sympathize with the robots
>if the hosts can't hurt guests, how come they can shoot at them?
>something something ed harris gamer comparison

>>is westworld a simulation
No, a real place
>>why would they waste that technology on a theme park
Earn money? Think about Jurassic Park
>>why should i sympathize with the robots
Because the AI is close to human and the clue is that they remember what happens to them. Their memory can't be fully erased.
>>if the hosts can't hurt guests, how come they can shoot at them?
Modified guns that can't kill guests
>>something something ed harris gamer comparison
?

Atlanta was way better.

Did you know in last episode they used the song No Surprises by Radiohead in the whorehouse scene? Best show ever made!!!!1!

maybe just kill yourself?

DUDE NIGGERS LMAO: The Show

twin peaks

Did you know in the first episode they used the song Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones in the shootout scene? Best pilot ever made!!!!!

Don't suggest that user should kill himself just because you didnt realise that No Surprises was used in the last episode.

>clock is right at least twice a day
A BROKEN clock is right twice a day, you mong.

DUDE ANDROIDS LMAO wow that's pretty easy to do, how about you stab yourself in the face until you die

really seriously consider ending your own life

DUDE SPERGS LMAO

I understand the guns have some magic tech to stop guests being shot but;
what mechanisms are in place to stop guests from mistakenly stabbing other guests?

real life, they can see everything, you go to jail for killing real people

Reminder that Ed Harris is a robot.

Did you know in the first episode they used the song Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden in the whorehouse scene? Smartest show ever made in the history of mankind!!!!

Atlanta will be way better.

how can you tell the difference between a robot and a guest

>robot
Did you mean host? It's like you haven't even watched the show

His character isn't a robot in this one.

stop a moment and consider your life, this shows going to be around a while are you really going to push this shit the whole time? think about it? is this really how you want to spend your time for the next few months? acting like a retard only to be definitively BTFO in the finale? you don't have to do this

There will definitely be something about uploading humans into the robots for immortality.

Yeah. So far the show is just ok at best. Tons of meandering dialogue, tons of side plots, and it still feels like nothing has really happened. I'm expecting them to go heavy with the cheap thrills soon.

no i meant robot and a guest. if i was going to be autistic about it i would have said host and newcomer.

I was mad that its the same stupid questions every thread.

ok its kinda funny now,

you should still kys freind

I can smell these shitty twists from a mile away. Hes some new generation replicant trying to start the robo uprising.

You think some fucking jews in hollywood are smarter than the most average audiecne they are catering to? They aint. Hes a robot.

Don't tell that user to kill themselves just because you had no idea that Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun was used in an episode.

>Are you a guest?

As far as we've seen, nothing so far. They probably have emergency protocols like having Hosts hop in-between any Guest-on-Guest conflict to minimize any further injury, and I'm sure they've warned Guests to make sure first or make the Guests sign shit that says the company isn't liable to help make sure Guests are a bit more cautious, but nothing truly preventative.

Fire at it. Or if they're all like Dolores, ask if they're real and then you'll know they're not human by their non-answer.

Why is he so desperate finding out about the nature of the fucking robots WHEN HE AS A GUEST WOULD KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM ALREADY!

Fucking hell, this board is stupid.

you can't but stabbing someone to death isn't usually a quick thing you should realize its a real person, and with total coverage it would be easy to prove in court one way or the other

Yeah and audrey was raped by the cult

>in the heat of a fight where people paid thousands of dollars to be completely immersed
>ayy lmao before i kill you are you a guest or a robot

But they aren't robots, and not being able to tell that seems pretty autistic.

>white goo bath literally stolen straight out of Ghost in the Shell

because something else is going on with the park involving the 'partners' and 'the goverment'

its like you faggots pushing this stupid shit haven't even watched it

ah...

lots of sci-fi use that body coming out of liquid thing usually its clones though

If you go around stabbing people you know nothing about you're a fucking psychopath. Why do you think they do a psych evaluation before they let you in?

If anything he might be trying to become a host. He said 'this time he wasn't going back'. Plus the show has established rules which categorize him as a guest and the security guy pointed him out as a guest, a significant one at that. You robot faggots have literally zero evidence other than your own misinterpretations and asspulls.

what if you go in as a guest equip 10 pistols and then just open fire on everything as soon as you arrive killing every robot ruining the fun for the other guests

Best waifu.

you get temp banned

nude when

>you will be bathed endlessly for 30 years by 5 big titted 16 year old whores

god dammit

But muh twist.

next week it looks like.

Is this show worth watching?

Yeah. It's not like anything else is airing right now.

>implying that they're not making the robots upload a person's mind and achieve immortality

Just wait for it.

The bullets might not work, but you can't tell me a knife or a broken neck can be stopped.

Oh shit.

Someone post some pictures of Talulah Riley

Her body has gone from pretty heckin great to absolute perfection

I don't even want to fuck her I just want to look at her and smell her a little

DUDE IM LIKE A SEXY ROBOT LMAO LOOK AT HOW GREAT I AM

anyone else hate this bitch?

What was Bernard talking about with Dolores? Isn't he the one "sabotaging" the whole thing?

she has a nice smile. that's about it. a stupid fuckbot.

god damn i knew he looked familiar

>that feel when no caveman girlfriend

unga ;__;

>anyone else hate this bitch?

no

I want to be her friend

was she the one married to Mark Cuban or some other billionaire?

Elon Musk.

Such a QT

>tfw four active westworld threads

don't tell anyone shhhh but this is a stealth /talulah/ general now

I dont even care if its the same shit each thread these discussions are comfy

>knock up a bitch SIX times
>leave her, marry a dumb hot actress 15 years younger than you

How can one man be so based?

wrong Nolan and JJ doesn't seem to write/direct/produce every episode, episode 2 only had Nolan and Joy working on it

>Musk married her two times and they're getting divorced for the second time
This woman will single handedly tank Musk's Mars dreams

>she literally glitched out during a simple conversation
i'd still fuck her, i fully know she's a robot and will mean absolutely nothing to her glitch or not
she's basically just a masturbation aid

looks nothing like him

The earth is flat anyway. There is no mars here.

Up to now I've been kind of drifting, lacking some clear direction in life. But as of this thread I've resolved myself to one end, one goal: I will find Talulah Riley, I will woo her, I will marry her, and I will spend Elon's millions on a giant space laser to carve the words "Fuck You Elon" into the face of Mars before he gets there. I swear this.

The second ep was good but lord, those Promethus-tier surgeon characters were cringeworthy. The scene where the hooker robot wakes up on the operating table was supposed to be a tense moment, ended up DUDE HOLY SHIT TURN ON THE SLEEP MODE LMAO with two inept goons. Hope the future scenes with park employees aren't that fucking unsubtle.

>Basically what Fallout 4 Institute should have been

I love this kind of story. Would buy the DVD set if true

>implying they were inept
She WAS in sleep mode, but woke herself up somehow. As soon as she woke up she grabbed a knife. They followed her, tranquilized her, and everything was totally fine.

It was definitely programming's fault for giving her a way to wake herself up in the first place.

I curse a lot at work, just not at coworkers

>Nolan and Joy
you mean Nolan and Nolan

I want to see this chick get scissored into an orgasm coma t b h l a d s

Point taken, but really I meant the acting was unnecessarily over the top and unsubtle.

that was easy

the best show of 2016 is arguably the race for POTUS, if you're into surrealist, dark comedy.

no-one cares

some user on here said she'd be getting naked in the second episode and I was very disappointed that she didnt

>odyssey on red river

>red river
>blood arroyo

but what does it MEAN

she does get naked you just don't see her naked

all depends on your point of view user

yeah no shit. contrarians for contrary's sake

>Delores is a replication of his daughter
He raped you you fucking retard

Evan Rachel Wood's astounding prettiness is actually ruining this show for me

her and elon musks ex wife, what a combo that'd be

the trigger phrase

I watched Constantine last night. Still a good movie.

dat shotgun

Pretty sure at this point you could hire Christian Slater for a pack of cigarettes and a blowjob.

If hosts can get STD's from a guest, does that mean their physiology is similar to ours? Do they need to eat, sleep? Just how robotic are they?

Would you a cunnybot? Be honest

>physiology
they are robots. they are not alive.

They aren't robots, they're flesh and bone with computers for brains.

How do they prevent people from killing each other if people have knives?

They probably don't.

I wouldn't call their makeup 'flesh and bone' by a long shot, it's purely synthetic materials so, no, not flesh and certainly not bone.

They're basically 3D printed skeletal and muscular structures with polymers then coated with whatever organic material they're using to simulate living tissue.

Pay attention.

The robot got MRSA.

Protip: it's not a fucking robot (well I suppose THAT one fucks, pun intended), learn the proper terminology.

I'll call them whatever I want, bitch

I'll call them automatons
I'll call them androids

you can't stop me

Watched the first episode. Honestly, meh, it's literally just another HBO formula drama. Plus like someone else already said, it would be much better with a different theme like rome or middle ages.

Uh, no. They're pretty obviously cloned bodies. They're white during processing because they don't have any blood in them.

If you ever paintballed or did airsoft you'd now it's just the thrill of it all. You can't die but it's still fun to run around and shoot at each other.

Worst b8 ever
Here's that (you) you've been looking for.

Did you not notice their construction taking place during the opening sequence of each episode? What, you missed the part where the male and female hosts were being constructed as they were mating? Miss the parts where the material is being strewn from the mechanical dispensers forming the tendons and ligaments?

Are you paying attention at all, son? Did you take your meds?

I wonder if they'd let you fuck some cunnybots...

paintball and airsoft are for 12 yr olds and basement dwellers.

this desu pham. half the questions in these threads are obvious ones that shouldn't be asked if the anons actually watched the fucking show.

that poster is talking about ford, not the man in black

Nah. Not even close.

It's pretty boring actually.

Makes me miss Person of Interest.
Looks beautiful and I've enjoyed it so far.

Does Westworld have the potential to bring back comfy threads like we had in the Lost era?

>tfw this show is gonna be a better Ghost in the Shell than the upcoming Ghost in the Shell movie

Unfortunately, you're going to be right on this.

Nice. I get a blowjob from a Hollywood celebrity and he'll be in my film!
It's win win!

Also Talulah Riley looks really weirdly different with Blonde and Brunette Hair.

what's MRSA

plz don't attract that gay user that spams the Slater/Malik pics. We have enough of him shitting up the Mr Robot threads, we don't need his autism in here as well.

That depends entirely on Cred Forums

I doubt it.

I for one love this show so far, so I'm hoping against hope.

i'm going to give Cred Forums the benefit of the doubt and assume they aren't dumb enough to fall for yet another HBO meme

I don't like this guy's character; way too edgy.

>brand loyalty

medicaly resistant staph infection

super bad bacteria

>Westworld confirmed for too smart for Cred Forums

I hate this place.

Is this the hoe that gives Cobb the fake phone number at the bar in Inception?

a bacteria that can give you nasty infections, people get it in hospital and get JUSTed

>do you often experience social anxiety?

Mouthbreather

>1400 guests
>2000 hosts

I would have thought there would be more hosts desu.

Its amazing how few you actually make contact with.

that civil war questline must be pretty cool

A relative of mine died from that.

>gets cancer
>goes to hospital
>gets treated
>beats cancer
>oh and gets MRSA during a checkup
>kidneys shut down
>dies in a morphine coma gasping for breath with the whole family around watching
>"lol sorry, dat happens" - hospital
>nothing at all happens against the hospital

Most quests are about traveling from one place to another.

what country was this in?

>avoids the question

USA, flyover state.

>episode 5

Spoil my shit up senpai

He's just saying the shows gonna get really popular by episode 5, when they learn about it.

>that cocksucker friend of his not letting him play the goddamned game he paid for

I'd have told him to fuck off and that I'd be back after I found some injun gold

>ywn get spooked during the Shakespearian cultist questline

I think his friend paid for it. Also he's clearly a pushover that we'll see grow as his arc progresses.

I can't believe Ford acted like Odyssey on Red River was so stupid, when he himself came up with a few attractions involving cannibals.

Yeah its lookin that way.

Ford's ready to bring about the apocalypse. Nothing else is good enough for him.

Apply yourself.

That's because Ford is older now and past that stage in his evolution. The young guy probably reminds him of himself in some ways.

He already made it quite clear that humanity has no place left to go in terms of development, according to him. So what comes next is Ford's answer to "What's next?"

Dominance, one way or another. An evolutionarily stagnant species would logically be overtaken by the species that can climb higher.

>Romeworld and Medievalworld

Has the show shown what those places look like?

no public torrents?

nvm it's on watchseries

Atlanta is a show

The main problem with that plan is that the robots are merely emulating what a human would do in that situation without actually becoming sentient. They are just exceedingly good at it, which isn't the same thing. I guess that is much the same as the moral of the movie, "Ex Machina".

TPB has it, plus virus ads or something so don't use java and use sandboxie or a real VM. Then again most sites have it.

Watch Rome or one of the many medieval GoT clones.

>An inferior knockoff of Joss Whedon’s Dollhouse

Eh, IIRC "Dollhouse" took a while to get into the acknowledging the fucked up-ness of the Dolls' situation and basically sidestepped the whole concept that the Dolls are basically being raped every time they go out, except for when it was convenient for the plot.

Two episodes in, and Westworld is acknowledging ideas of consent and agency and otherness.

The reveries in the latest update are giving them much more sentience and free will. Ford and black science man are making sure of this from the looks of things.

If you haven't seen the original movie "Westworld" now would be the time to see it.

If you've seen Rome (the HBO series) you've seen Roman world.

If you've seen "The Tudors" or something similar you've seen Medieval world.

Same basic ideas.

>when you're playing co-op and your friend refuses to play any sidequests
>he wont even do the story mission and just wants to run around goofing off

Stopped reading at "Joss Whedon's".

Baiting isn't this hard is it?

This.

The hosts have never had access to previous configurations aka the memories of what they were even the day before let alone years or many configurations past. As with Abernathy's character his current build was that (Abernathy) but he had a few others including "The Professor" who led the cannibalistic cult.

We don't know absolutely 100% for sure that Dolores has been there for 30 fucking years, we only know for sure that she is claimed to be the oldest functional host, that's it. People are jumping to conclusions when that QA fellow (Hemsworth) said she was the oldest host in the park - that just means she's been the one that's been functional the longest.

I'm still of the mind that TMiB is Peter Martin, the only survivor from the original incarnation of Westworld and that massacre in all three parks and now he's decided over the decades he's going to eradicate them all from the inside out.

tpb doesn't have episode 2

Watch the scene again. His revolver has a shotgun barrel in the center of the cylinder, and he adjusts the hammer so he will fire it when attacking the target behind the wall.

They are only reacting to the memories in a human-like way because they are supposed to act like humans. That isn't actual sentience. It is like a really complicated recording.

It does. You are probably on the honeypot one.

I took it as he wanted to make damned sure it went through.

Holy fuck you lame ass newb.

rlsbb.com/westworld-s01e02-hdtv-x264-batv/

Good lord, there's a hundred fucking links to the episode, get the fuck out.

Best example of ugly hot right here

They're not sentient... yet with "yet" being the highly operative word there.

Abernathy's reaction to the photo and him asking the question (Am I real?) is where things get rolling but we've already seen this (if you're paying attention). The phrase "These violent delights have violent ends" is a code phrase to unlock a host's higher functioning which is what's happened to Dolores and it will continue.

Maeve got there all on her own but also because of the reveries.

Ford giving them the reveries is the start of everything he's been planning.

That's obviously not what the writers are going for here.
Their recordings are already getting so complex that they're quickly becoming almost completely sentient. They're already starting to resent the memories that they've been living and dying day after day and year after year.
Its obvious that Ford wants to make these hosts into something alive, maybe more than human.

Of course he may fail in the end, but this is most likely his goal.

It only removes the block on memories.

That's not how AI works, but writers are not the smartest people in the world, thus they may believe this line of thought.

Think of it as an in-universe ruleset. Westworld doesn't take place in the real world.

Ford and nigger scientist could easily have added shit in that update that they're not telling the corporate side or underlings.

The problem with that is they are presenting it in a real-world manner for that aspect. They need to set a president that sits outside the real world to build that on. They could do that by simply having some other form or AI that is sentient and is agreed to be sentient by everyone, but isn't part of the main storyline. Just something that shows that type of sci-fi is part of that universe.

Alas, we are only 2 episodes in.

They can always backfill.

This show isn't an attempt to accurately portray detailed AI theory. Its an attempt to raise questions of man/machine relationships and the nature of humanity. They'll embellish or ignore specifics in order to explore that. This is and always will be common in science fiction.

>Westworld doesn't take place in the real world.

Well, actually it does but not in the sense that you're suggesting: it is real in the sense that everything is concrete and physical and exists, this isn't a "Matrix" situation where the guests jack in or wear some kind of VR headset or something to get the experience of the park - they and the hosts are there physically.

In one of the early promos we see Ford plainly state he built the place, every last blade of grass, all of it so yeah, it's a real thing and events there have real consequences given that ruleset they're working with.

I was actually talking about the series and everything in it, in and out of the park, is part of a hypothetical universe meant to tell a story. In other words, a work of fiction at the whim of its writers rather than the laws of this universe.

And nitpicking the shit out of it is the way it has always been for people watching this stuff.

And its always been a sure sign of autism.

Those people inspired a whole stereotype that fits like a glove.

THANK YOU UM FOURCHAN FOR GIVING ME THIS UM EMMY

A place full of autists who can't understand fiction.

Eh, it's a good sign that people are nitpicking it so hard. Usually means it's a good show.

Really makes you think

And yet here you are right along with the rest of us.

Don't fight it, son, you won't win.

What can I say? I like fucking with people on the spectrum. I'm a piece of shit.

Congratulations, you just became the honorary Man in Black of this thread.