Why can't the other robots shoot him?

Why can't the other robots shoot him?

Why are the scientists observing that he is self aware and trying to find the exit but not doing anything about it, but they fix all the other 'defective' robots?

What's going on here?

Other urls found in this thread:

geek.com/games/the-secret-world-of-video-game-secrets-1671760/
slashfilm.com/hbo-westworld-tca-jonah-nolan/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why are you assuming he is a robot? You think this is a just a straight up remake of the movie?

I considered him being a human but wtf, he just lives out there? Why is he asking the other robots for the maze exit then? How come that little girl gave him a response? How come when he scalped that one guy and saw the digital pattern in his head he had a realisation like another puzzle piece fell into place?

I DONT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING

He's human you dolt

how come he's trapped in the west world? or does he just visit every day as their most valued customer? how come he keeps asking the robots about the maze? how come he scalped that dude and had a realisation when he saw the digital pattern inside his head?

*I mean if he's human and just a customer he'd obviously know the robots aren't real and the pattern wouldn't mean anything to him. and he'd sure as fuck know how to exit the place.

The entirety of your post is nonsense. And they literally refer to him as a guest in the second episode

So you have no answers but are pretending to know what's going on. Good for you you neckbearded abomination lmao

He's a guest, but most likely there's gonna be this big twist and he'll turn up to be a robot too. But anyway, It's getting really hard to care... I never lost so much interest in a promising series so fast.

I have no idea how they intend to keep this up for six fucking seasons, honestly. One season would have been perfect. The drop in quality between the first and second episode was crazy.

a big problem is that they try to focus on character development. you are supposed to care about the robots and feel for them. that will be a main theme, but just doesn't work for me.

I care about the robots :(

when he stabbed that guy's hand I felt bad :(

also care about the qt angelic grill. and about her original dad.

>being a sociopath

user pls

*also felt bad when thandie newton was walking around naked with her stomach hanging open like that

this

it is interesting the second they become self aware. i don't care how that happens.

>I have no idea how they intend to keep this up for six fucking seasons

Is that the plan?

That's Lost-tier levels of stupid.

he says he has been coming to the park for 30 years and that in a sense he was 'born' there

hes just john locke from lost

Hes a player, the most autistic player in the game.

Hes the one that devotes his life to find shit like this on his own

geek.com/games/the-secret-world-of-video-game-secrets-1671760/

>robots can't harm him because of the rules that prevent them from harming humans
>mentions events from 30 years ago
>is LITERALLY called a guest in the second episode

>so you have no proof

you're the dumb fuck that thinks the "maze" is literally fucking lol

It is, kek. Ikr?

close

Ford is the original creator of Westworld, as in the one from the 1973 film. After the accident with the Gunslinger, the park was eventually re-opened like Jurassic World with much more human-like hosts, with an emphasis on complete safety. However, Ford is driven to try to replicate humanity and create synthetics which can carry on the race's torch - he believes that human extinction is inevitable. Some of the androids are based on real human people, Delores is a replication of his daughter, who died.

The 'different plan' for the park for investors is to make synthetics who can be replicants for themselves, and download their consciousness into to gain immortal bodies. This is at odds with Ford's philosophy that AI should inherit the Earth, and humanity is doomed to dwindle.

The Gunslinger is a visitor from the park from its original incarnation from the movie, and he's essentially become addicted/obsessed with sin. He can't live a normal life outside of Westworld, as he's become addicted to acting out every impulse inside it. The maze design's meaning is only hinted at in the last few pages of the final episode, as it's the emblem for some mysterious company - he comes across another 'shop', where he finds android versions of Hopkins and himself being worked on - cue cliffhanger.

the show is not good, don't waste your time asking questions

it's game of thrones season 6 all over again

>being this mad he has no proof
tldr btw lmao

It's called watching the show unfold and getting unanswered questions answered as the season goes on

You're like that guy who asks questions in a movie that no one knows yet

Funnily enough my friend and I predicted that about Dolores. SOlid speculation

>literally no proof for any of this

so he's like a hardcore nerd that finds glitches in games lol

post yfw ed harris dies before the end of season

robots get pellet guns, humans get real guns

No, they all have the same ammunition except for MIB who is using real ammo as evidenced by him shooting through a brick wall

>how come he's trapped in the west world?
What makes you think he's trapped?
>how come he keeps asking the robots about the maze?
He wants to find it
>how come he scalped that dude and had a realisation when he saw the digital pattern inside his head?
That was a drawing of a maze.

You seem really fucking dense

>all these bullshit answers that make no sense
:^)

Force fields or gravity manipulation. How else are they going to ''slow him down''

Or it's some unrealistic scifi shit where bullets disintegrate when they are fired at guests.

What about them doesn't make sense?

u tell me :^)

He's not trapped, he's been coming for 30 years and apparently is their most valued customer because of what the surveillance man/woman said ("that guest gets do to as he pleases")

He asks the robots about the maze because he wants to go into the deeper, or deepest, layers of the Westworld - the ones that the crazy doctor probably put in for only the most rigid speedplayers to find.

He scalped that guy because he got clues which weren't revealed to us: he's playing on a different level than the rest who just come there to entertain themselves.

Are you really this fucking daft? I'm not a smart man but got this from watching both episodes while tipsy. How do you use a computer?

why are you even responding to this guy?

>Why can't the other robots shoot him?
>Why are the scientists observing that he is self aware and trying to find the exit but not doing anything about it, but they fix all the other 'defective' robots?
>What's going on here?

He is another cyborg like Ford, both keep the Park alive, but Mr Black wants to preserve and Ford wants to destroy
both are Admins of the park, so there's no cyborgs can make any moves against them

says who faggot

What?

Are you being facetious?

>How do you use a computer?
my mom helps me. I'm a spastic :(

>I considered him being a human but wtf, he just lives out there?
He says in the first episode "It's good to be back" His vacation has lasted a couple days so far, and I'm pretty sure there are hotels and inns in the park.

Scifi is always unrealistic you dumb faggot

or do you think that any of the shit in this show is realistic

slashfilm.com/hbo-westworld-tca-jonah-nolan/

>We thought a lot about this. In the original film, the guns won’t operate guest on guest, but we felt like the guests would want to have a more visceral experience here. So when they’re shot it has sort of the impact. They’re called simunitions. The U.S. military trains with rounds like the ones we’re talking about. But there’s a bit of an impact, a bit of a sting. So it’s not entirely consequence-free for the guests.

He's playing on Mythic +

Mazes are also challenging games. People go into corn mazes, or do them in puzzle books. "The maze" could literally just be a maze.

>for only the most rigid speedplayers to find.
Nigga, he's not a speedrunner, he's a 100% completionist.

>Are you being facetious?
No. I wouldn't put it past the show to do something like that

calm down man

The technicians LITERALLY call him a guest in episode 2. Pay closer attention to what you are watching.

he's real

what is real? how do you define real?

Are you dumb or something? Go jump off a bridge.

What if he's a robot who broke out and now snuck back in as a guest?

dumb is what dumb does, ma'am

He has the map of it though. Literally.

he's a guest who has been visiting the park for 30 years

*Spoilers* In episode 2, in the command center place, one of the workers asks if they should slow him down and they refer to him as a guest, or so.thing along those lines. So I guess he is human.

Using simunitions without eye protection is fucking stupid, as it will destroy your eye upon impact.

Stupid, unimaginative Hollywood faggots...

He's human, and more than likely he's the one surviving person from the original Westworld.

As stated by one of the admins in the second episode, "The gentleman gets anything he wants..." meaning he's got some tie to the original incarnation of Westworld and to me that means he's the one survivor.

His role in this series is to find a way to wipe out the entire park and all the hosts at one time.

>save this post 'cause it'll prove true by the end of season one

I was expecting Ed Harris to play the gunslinger from the movie, and be the implacable bullet proof killing machine who hunts down the human guests

it's some nice pottery that he pretty much still is the implacable bullet proof killing machine, but for the robots

and you can't really say either are villains, since the gunslinger was just a malfunctioning machine, and the man in black is only hurting machines

bravo nolan and JJ

He hunts down machines that for all intents and purpose are humans. He takes glee in making people suffer, physically and psychologically. He's 100% a villain

he doesn't know they're becoming self-aware though, he thinks they're just toys, he in fact comments that he can tell by now their little acting mistakes that give them away, so it's like saying I'm a villain for playing GTA

if anyone is the villain it's the people who are running the park who are incompetent and lazy enough to let the machines start to remember and comprehend their situation and suffer for real

Westworld is like a massive RPG

You have new players like William, eager to try anything and wants to do his 1st playthrough as a good guy.

The there's his friend, he's not a newcomer and just wants to get to the good stuff (AKA Fucking the hooker-bots)

Then you have the Veteran Gamer, the man in black, he's pretty much seen and done everything the game can offer, and is trying to find that one easter egg that no one has ever seen before

As for the original movie and its Gunslinger, even though it hasn't been mentioned, i have a feeling that the series takes place a few decades after that, and the original Gunslinger has been forgotten about by all...

except the oldest host in the park, Dolores, who is starting to remember

> What's going on here?

My guess is that Ed Harris is a robot that has achieved sentience somehow and is trying to get the other robots to become sentient also, beginning with Delores.

The staff of Westworld think he’s a human, because either he or someone else has corrupted or hacked his and/or the park’s software.

He can’t get shot because the bullets are programmed to safely burst into dust when shot at a human and only remain a solid projectile when shot at a robot.

why do I feel like a big twist is going to be that hosts like dolores and madame were people at one time that died and were turned into hosts

Is the Westworld movie worth watching? Or is it just old poo that people pretend is good to appear 'patrician'?

Maybe he is a robot, but is a god mode villain for a special section of the park where a human hero must beat him to.

A video game is a lot different from what is portrayed in Westworld.

lmao maybe it's like demon's souls, like that one boss that can be a human invader! xD

>so it's like saying I'm a villain for playing GTA
the robots feel real pain though m8 (right?)

in gta you're fighting non-sentient pixels lol

I'm watching the original right now and its said that to visit it costs $1000 a day, whats the price per day of the series park?

He's just having fun, making his own story. He really wants to be a cowman.

It's not mentioned but one would have to imagine it's in the hundreds of thousands if not more, probably millions. Considering the cost of the hosts to be created/constructed and that a guest can go on a massive "killing spree" which just means the hosts would have to be repaired or replaced would incur some pretty significant expenses on the part of the park itself.

Gotta be something incredibly expensive to visit, so I'd say millions if not tens of millions.

But then again, the show takes place at a point in the future so we have no idea what kind of money/currency is in use at the time either - this isn't some present-day scenario.

Not sure why this thing is acting like this is a dupe, Cred Forums is borked.

what if the park is not real and the visitors are in a dream ?

Worth watching just for Yul Brynner. Seeing where the inspiration for Terminator, Jurassic Park and some other shit came from is cool too if you care about that kind of thing.

it isn't and that's fucking stupid

what if the hosts are the real humans and the 'real' humans are actually the robots?

what if your retarded and everyone's been too polite to tell you?

He's about the same age as the creator, maybe he was his partner and had his mind transplanted into a cyborg when ww started.

but that would explain why the 'real' humans can't be hurt, they are robots that have taken over earth and are keeping a few actual humans alive in westworld for entertainment

ya know keep going, bet you think their all shrunk down or its VR and ed harris is trapped in the park too, fuck this shows bringing out some tarded shit

Not the guy you're responding to, but wasn't that his exact point? I assume that the pixels in GTA are not sentinent and do not literally feel real pain, even they pretend they do due to their programming. But I can't know for certain, as I' not the programmer. Same with Harris.

Do you really think HBO offers entertainment that requires more than a middle school education to understand?
They will keep the carrot on the stick until they feel like the series has been milked sufficiently enough.

So is 'le theory man' become a meme at this point? It's pretty clear that this guy is a rogue player trying to find a deeper quest in an MMO and not a robot.

That's what makes this show so great. It's basically like watching an MMO unfold in a more dramatic, less boring way. There are quests like the one he's trying to find in many games.

Sidenote:

Does anyone else think that the guy malfunctioning talking about milk the entire time actually remembers his own creation? Like with the white liquid shit?

>Le stupid disproven theory meme that I'll keep making threads about because lololol

I do wonder how he knew scalping a man would show him a map...

he's tryin pretty sure its the same guy that started the VR nonsense and everyone is miniature

>he believes that human extinction is inevitable

Actually if you bothered to pay attention, he believes the exact opposite. But don't let that get in the way of your retarded fatboy theory

did not watch the second episode, but can humans kill another humans in westworld?

This.

>As stated by one of the admins in the second episode, "The gentleman gets anything he wants..." meaning he's got some tie to the original incarnation of Westworld and to me that means he's the one survivor.

What a fucking reach.

Doing so would get you kicked out and arrested, it's still a theme park.

its implied that they can't. the guns they use are programmed or something like that so if they're shot at a human they wont be harmed
its either the guns or the bullets

Has not been shown yet. They wouldn't really be able to kill each other with bullets, but should technically be capable of it with any other means (stabbing, choking, blunt objects, etc.). It's safe to assume though that down the line the show will show the consequences of guest on guest violence.

>hundreds of thouasands
>maybe more
>tens of millions
>maybe more

Jesus pick a number

tens of hundreds at least possibly millions maybe even thousands

Have you gays even watched the original two movies and 5 episode series?

I just watched it the other day, and I personally am not much of a fan of most movies that predate 1980. I enjoyed it. It's definitely worth watching and doesn't suffer from a lot of the flaws that older sci-fi movies do like being drawn out, heavy handed, boring table chats like the original star trek. The practical effects aren't bad except the fake blood, and the camera work at times is a little annoying at times but it's a fairly short film that overall didn't disappoint.

Would suggest watching if you're enjoying the new series.

You should kill yourself for how retarded that sounds.

Is this show already overrated? There are some terrible performances in it and the writing is pretty hackneyed. The best thing you can say about it is that it looks like they spent money on it.

(you)

user, it's the same park. It costs $1000 burger bucks to visit per day.

Probably. But in ep2, the girl finds a real gun, so we will most likely see some AI killing guests soon

how much does food cost in the park?

is it like 1000 dollars for a large popcorn and soda? thats probably how they make their money, i would get pretty thirsty out there

What was in the picture? Was he looking at God?

why can't they just take a gun from a guest?

>"I jus cuck'd dat wite boay out on da porch, he aint gon do nuttin doe cuz he skeerd, haha"

What did he mean by this?

the guns haven't really been explained. They're all essentially real.

So now that we have Ex Machina and Westworld we can agree that Blade Runner is no longer relevant in any way right Cred Forums?

you're stupid

Theres been clues though, like in episode 2 when mcpoyle asks if the people in the bar are hosts or guests and his friend who has obviously been there before points a gun at them and says "lets find out". So we can see that the guns have some kind of sensor or something. In the movies the guns can tell when they're pointed at a human by body temperature but im not sure if thats canon to the series

you're ugly

yeah, we've been given some clues as to how they work such as they work on host but not on guests. But we don't know if those are two different types of guns or one type of smart gun. As far as the films are concerned, this show is stand alone until it says otherwise.

Man you racists sure want a black guy to fuck you. Just do it already. Nobody is buying your racist act. It's like the priests that rage against homosexuals only to later be found sucking a guys dick. Just admit that you want a black guy to fuck your tight white asshole. Be free. Then do it. Free your butthole. And the rest will follow.

Doesn't the guide say that the guns have been modified to not kill guest?
Pretty sure she said that. Which means, the hosts and guests have the same type of guns.

he is not saying "maze," he saying "maize" which is the Indian word for corn

he's looking for the snack bar to buy some delicious popcorn which is not served in the saloon or the whorehouse

your welcome

so what exactly is up with the dolores gun reveal scene

She digs it out of the ground. For me, that told me that this item does not belong here. I took it as she was guided to a real weapon which can kill guests.
Like, why would she dig up a modified gun? There is plenty of those around. She probably have on in her house.

>Tells half Indian robot "A lot of wisdom in ancient cultures. And perhaps it's time to dig deeper into yours."
>maize was a native american crop
I think this man might be onto something!

so that's the thing. What kind of gun is it? is it a real gun? Is it just a regular westworld gun? If it's real, how did it get there? Did they used to use real ones 30 years ago and it's there from then?

Were they shoting God?

>tfw can't make webms

same here and cyclops.