Mulholland Dr

What the fuck did I just watch? A lesbian breakup movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R_VEQI2nS48
youtube.com/watch?v=UozhOo0Dt4o
youtube.com/watch?v=2mhwQdV2iYQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You watched pure, concentrated kino. Derailing this thread, let's discuss how amazing it is

Yes OP, that is actually correct.

And it is devastating.

I loved it, I've watched Coherence previously and parts of it have that same desolate LA hills vibe, on the edge of one of the cultural capitals of the globe. Except this was much better done.

a 3 plane movie who discuss dreams a plot and the state of hollywood as whole p genius to be honest

a love his interpretation of mr goldberg as a midget

Sums it up pretty well.

Sums it up pretty well.

It's basically Lynch insulting all the actresses he used to rape.

The idea of the movie is this
>i'm a stupid woman i'm going to make it big in hollywood
>wow i'm so good at being an actor and a sexy woman
>wow what the fuck why am i not cast in this movie
>oh it's a secretive cabal what did it
>i'm such a dumb fucking woman look at my tits

One thing, that "village" where they find the dead body as Betty/Rita. They were being swapped around apartments right, where they being pimped out?

what in the movie would indicate that they are being pimped out?

The cowboy.

This is the girl.

I thought it was more like a movie about a Lesbian being cuck by her former lover.

get a load of this guy
all provocative and shit
damn

The "This is the girl" bits never happened. It's Betty's dream/rationalisation as to why she didn't get the part.

I usually love Lynch. I loved Elephant Mang and Twin Shits, also Ereserhead but this was a gigantic piece of steaming shit shat into the audience's mouth just like Lost Shitway. 2/10.

So you are saying that they are being literally whored out? To whom? I've seen the movie many times and loved it but I kind of just assumed that it had to do more with being "pimped out" as Hollywood stars, not as actual whores. Is that what you're suggesting?

that's what all whores say.

Yeah, this.

I thought the Cowboy's whole existence was basically just something she invented in her dream after spotting a peculiar character at the party. The trace memory of her brief glimpse of him recurring in her dream.

>Coherence
ma nigg

No, sorry you get what I mean. The one in the audition scene who was "the girl" looked robotic, dead in the eyes.

is this the man from another place?

sorry you didn't get cast in the new season but c'mon lad. look at your life. look at your choices.

Bloody brilliant isn't it. Need to watch it again actually.

youtube.com/watch?v=R_VEQI2nS48

Mullholland Drive is actually about Hollywood is a zone of supernatural intensity and evil; it is inhabited by disembodied entities that exist in spaces between different realities between dimensions (like the demon behind the restaurant, and the Cowboy). These entities manipulate reality to torment the innocent and naive.
Their actions take the form of synchroncities and the inscrutable machinations of unseen studio executives.

i take your interpretation as the dream part of the movie
like i said its a 3 plane movie with dreams and the occult a mindless plot and David personal view of hollywood as a whole

the midless plot is to give plebs something coherent to talk about
like this guy and this other guy
fucking mindless drones

I watched it going in blind, at like 3am

3spooky5me

Also, as a comp sci grad, it has the most elegant explanation of cryptography I've ever witnessed with those locked boxes.

That is a genius concept that they managed to get across, and it was suspenseful and necessary to the plot.

youtube.com/watch?v=UozhOo0Dt4o
Note: one of the first things we see in the film is the guy in the diner. He says "there's a man...in back of this place...he's the one who's DOING IT"

Its clear that this means that unexplained coincidences and events in the movie (what the hell was going on with that assassin?) are connected by the manipulations of demons who live hidden from the view of the uninitiated around Hollywood

youtube.com/watch?v=2mhwQdV2iYQ

The cowboy wears a white hat, so he represents the moral order of the universe, but he's not a white knight who saves people from themselves. He warns people people that they have gotten out of line, and need to correct an error. What they do next is up to them. Adam learned the error of his ways, and straightened his path. Betty failed to heed his advice, and suffered negative consequences.

I like this movie but seriously
>147 minutes

kill yourself

hotheAS

Are the creepy old couple her parents?
Is the ending supposed to represent how she felt she failed her parents (who were with her when she won that contest that led her to becoming an actress) by being the wreck she was and that's why they came out of the blue box (a symbol of guilt, right?) to kill her? Or what?

It's about her dreams and rationalization a for her life choices. The winkys diner scene represents her fear of death and failure. The espresso scene is her believing that there was a conspiracy against her when in reality the other girl just slept with the director. Initially she seems like she loves the other actress in the first act but in reality she just loves herself, with the other girl serving as her idealized form.

coherence was the best film i've seen in several years

That video is such glib it's infuriating. He's saying nothing of value. You'd understand what "lynchian" means by yourself if you watched almost any one of his films. I can't believe how these video "essayists" can get away with shallow wikipedia bullshit so easily.

You remind me of my highschool poetry class.

Op listen kinsincts , the movie is trash and overrated to boot, and its okay that you feel that way.

No exaggerating, this is my favorite film of all time. Lynch rips apart that poor girls psyche. I've never had more of an emotional response to a movie in my entire life.

It's about envy of hollywood being unhealthy.

Yes. And a great one, because it's about the dumpee's personal problems. Genius.

lesbians getting ravaged by the power of the cock. true kino