Ghost in the Shell is screening this Thursday

I just got invited to go see Ghost in the Shell this Thursday.

I guess post production is already done.

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/04/tom-cruise-the-edge-of-tomorrow-sequel-joe-shrapnel-anna-w-1201733530/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

>I guess post production is already done.

unlikely, the release date is 6 months away. prepare for a movie with unfinished effects all over the place.

why is some thing gangley jewess playing what is supposed to be a Japanese woman with funny hair and eyes

My only grip with Johansson is that the hair is too flat, they need to puff it up a bit to match the major.

The Major isn't strictly Japanese, she has a cyborg body, it could be a template based on any ethnicity.

trailer when?

it actually gets pointed out in the mangas that she picks normal looking japanese person bodies with not too insane proportions (albeit attractive ones), but she always picks red eyes and purple hair

in the movie followup to the tv series, she takes the identity of a jap salary man to infiltrate a government agency, and has his appearance with the eyes and hair her other bodies have

That, and as far as anime characters go, the major looks pretty Asian.
Flat face, smaller eyes and nose, sharp but small chin, racial politics were actually a pretty big deal in the series too in season 2

>I just got invited to go see Ghost in the Shell this Thursday.

How did you land that?

Well, ScarJo looks like the way the Major is drawn, so I'm okay with it.

Friends in high places :^)

I live in a city that is big enough and close enough to Los Angeles for the studios to bring their movies over here all the time.

Have you ever seen anyone that actually has hair like this? its fucking retarded no matter the facial structure

Not even close.

Try again retard

Okay, who would you cast?

I hope scarlett dies because of this

she should've rejected the casting

she's obviously not fit for it

Idris Elba

which storyline are they using?

I wouldn`t take a property like ghost in the shell and try to adapt it because hollywood has a very tiny pool of asian actors, the only solution would be to massively re work it, or be bold and try and work inside of japan with japanese actors, but that probably wouldn`t have much international appeal. (not that this movie will have much to begin with)

They`re probably going to go the easy and subversive route and depict japan as a multicultural shithole, and that`s why major `MOTOKO KASANAGI` is a white woman.

However in the show, movies, and manga, japan is still a racially Japanese majority nation, and a mono culture, whats changed is international laws and destabilization have forced japan and other nations to house a ton of non Japanese refugees which they stick in ghettos that are largely ruins from world war 3, and use them as a cheap labor under caste.

The message of the show on these issues, what shuffling these people around is wrong, and that they will 1. always demand or want say in things and be a fifth column, and 2. are used as an underclass for cheap labor and political power. (ie. voters that will vote for anyone who promises them shit)

Ghost in the shell has a strong anti globalist message, and its commentary on gender, identity, race, and technology and trans humanism is far more complex then STRONK WOMEN which no doubt (((Spielberg))) will frame it as.

My fear is this shit manipulative adaptation will be a hit.
Because I`m sure they will tape and ruin other series from japan too.

Should've made this shit 10 years ago and cast Jovovich.

Actually she is pretty fit if you know what I mean.

Because her tits are right for the part.
Also she has action movie experience. And is a huge star.

take and ruin* jesus this phone

>excited for soccer mom body
its already out there

I have NEVER, EVER met or even seen a Japanese person with blue eyes who wasn't at least hafu.

The major is not Japanese, and has never been Japanese.

FACT

As much as I like seeing ScarJo naked, I really hope they keep the opening credits sequence for the fact it's just so cool.

>it's a "Cred Forums believes anything thread" again

Lol can't wait for the thread tomorrow where the OP can link to this as "validation" and he'll give some predictably shit "review" of his "screening" to flame shitposting until the movie comes out

I keep on saying
that the performance of this movie
will make or break the Akira live action
if you guys really don't want it
you gotta make sure it flops

It's my dream to become a filmmaker so I can someday acquire the rights to direct a live-action Evangelion trilogy. I trust nobody else to do it, since they'd probably fuck it up. Then again, so would I, most likely. At least if I did it I'd have nobody but myself to blame for the inevitable train wreck of a movie it would be.

She was a Japanese little girl who got burned all over her body and crippled in an airliner accident as a kid, so some rich doners paid for her to get cyberization surgery, which gave her a new body, which she swapped out from as she aged.

>if you guys really don't want it
you gotta make sure it flops

FUARK yeah bro!!! Why watch this stupid offensive garbage?? who /captain marvel/ here

cringe

I'm going to pirate it, put it on my virtual box on a server i own, and stream it to my friends so they don't go and pay for a ticket out of curiosity.

fuark yes, yo. we can do this!!!

so since the movie was announced i went and watched the 1995 version
i didnt see anything of the live action trailer in it (ex. the lady in traditional jap clothes and the girl with shaved head)

they're not going with the 1995 version? if so then i'm definitely not interested anymore

you remind me of some kid I knew in elementary school who said he saw Star Wars episode in 1999, right after the Phantom Menace came out.

i think that kid was raped by his uncle or something

>screening this far ahead of release
This is a very bad sign. This means they have severe doubts about shit and want to get reactions before spending money on a ton of post processing. In other words, they realized what they made is not good, they need to find out how to tweak what they have to get the most money back.

Dont be so silly, its not like this is a moral crusade or some crap, I just know spielberg and I know that hes going to ruin the story of the source material with his gay political agendas.

Im already sure it will flop, edge of tomorrow was based on a japanese light novel and was great, and it still bombed.

i fucking dont get hollywood. how do a bunch of people working in the movie industry not know instantly if something is good or bad. fucking hell i go watch a movie in the theater and i can tell you immedietely if its good or bad. why the fuck do you need to screen it and all this other stupid shit. why cant they just WATCH the cut and be like "ok this kinda sucks lets change it".

its more like

>we spent a lot of money on this and its shit what do we need to do to make it passable

thats what an early screener is for

Oh yeah dude I forgot Spielberg was directing and that Edge of Tomorrow's confirmed sequel means it bombed.

Go watch Pacific Rim you fucking child.

>tfw (((((((they)))))))) shit all over your favorite Chinese cartoon franchise

I'm in the exact same boat as you, I've got a couple days off work and I intend to catch up with every one of them, but it's weird that they're not going with the first.

damn dude max salt

God damn you people are stupid. It's based off the first movie.

deadline.com/2016/04/tom-cruise-the-edge-of-tomorrow-sequel-joe-shrapnel-anna-w-1201733530/

Go watch Pacific Rim and post in a comfy thread on Cred Forums you god damn simpleton.

also

>salt

Ayy tumblr.

that's what i'm saying, what was shown in the teaser isn't in the first movie

You know I never even said edge of tomorrow was bad, just that it didnt make its money back.
Which is a fact.

And for the record, I don't even like pacfic rim dude.

what's Spielberg directing?

ghost in the shell, so you know its going to be leftist trash and normie shit

ok, my point is how do creators themselves not know its shit and how to fix it? wtf am i paying money for. why the fuck are actors and directors being paid millions of dollars if they cant fucking see what they need to do to make a good movie. what a fucking joke. im done with movies. im sticking with my anime.

this is because lots of talent has left hollywood because of shitty pay, politics, and a lack of recognition, so you get money men and financiers, companies, and big personality celebrities (like robert downey) who dont really act and more just show up and pose for the name recognition

the corporate model doesn't work very well for creative productions desu, you cant just throw money at something and get innovation

i thought it was Rupert Sanders, but i know what you mean about berg

yeah, my dad said he was invited to a screening next week too, he works at nintendo, maybe you two see each other there:^)
you little attention seeking abomination

it's not like the franchise has no content to defense itself
If they fuck it up, I'll take it as emmerich's Godzilla. You can always go back to the originals

What do you want me to say? I got invited from ____ and he works in ____ department of _____?