twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>saying the 'k' word

Noice.

Kill yourself.

JOMP THE CHASM

not like this

>all those pointless canted angles
Looks like typical Michael Bay style trash

Looks like trash taking itself too seriously. It's FUCKING Power Rangers.

Looks fucking awful. Instead of being a cool action romp full of fun and heroism like Pacific Rim, it's some kinda Divergent-ish YA shlock that for some reason also aims at aging neckbeards who were 10 24 years ago.

Put it in the trash.

>Like Pacific Rim
>IntoTheTrash.exe

Don't forget to tip your trilby on the way out.

Does this mean no transformation sequence?

And no roll call, why even bother

Fuck, so no more turning around in a pose while the monster explodes? What the fuck, Hollywood?

>not bad at all

go back to facebook

It's so bad I thought Hack Znyder was directing it

>MFW Alpha won't say "Aye yai yai yai yai yai yai"

We don't know that.

I'll be fucking shocked to the core if they have a legit roll call in the age where even James Bond shies away from his catchphrases.

>"It's time"
They forgot a certain word there, starts with an M

they are super strong even without the suits, hmmmm

Is that a problem?
Dino Thunder did that.
SPD did that.

naw it's a nice touch, kinda like Chronicle

tommy will be a black ftm trans otherkin, screencap this

it reminds me a lot like chronicle, same exact method of gaining power. them finding the artifact in the middle of the woods, some explosion, powers given, etc.

Tommy will only make a cameo at the end of the movie while the camera zooms out to see Rita watching him while creating the green power crystal.
Screencap this

Fuck

I wanted to hate it but it looks like it could be decent.

Its looking fucking legit

Gotta admit the ranger cast looks decent and making them strong/jump far is a good idea.

You make a pitiful leap into the flames.

You are burnt to a cinder.

You are dead.

>leader is a White Male
Um... are people really ok with this? It's 2016.

Oh just be happy the black guy isn't black ranger and the asian isn't yellow ranger.

holy shit it actually looks good

>Director of Project Almanac
>Last name is literally Israelite
Dropped

POO

The problem with living in Vancouver is recognizing all the places in the trailer

wow... just... wow
wow
WOW
O
WOW
o
wOwOwOwoWoWoW

I'm totally going to be the Green Ranger again right?
HuuhYAH!
It's my role, fair and square. Anyone else would be a cheap impostor
HuuhYAH!
Fuck you ASJ
HuuhYAH!
HuuhYAH!

>Leader of time force is a female
>Leaders of SPD, RPM, and Turbo were black men
Those shows were ahead of their time

While you're busy getting triggered I'd like to point out that in the old series that's how it was.

And then the movie switched it so the yellow ranger was a qt black chick and the black ranger was Johnny Yong Bosch

painful music
shoehorned romance

absolutely retarded

kids will love it though

only aging neckbeards would enjoy a lighthearted, playful power rangers

The race/color thing was purely incidental. Walter originally wasn't going to be the black ranger but Austin and him had great chemistry and in original show Black and Red were friends so Walter asked to be the Black one so they could have more scenes together.

Thuy Trang was actually a fairly last minute replacement for the original Yellow who dropped out after the pilot.

I've always hated the fuck out of this campy shit.

However, this seems quite tolerable and more organic in nature.

I feel like it could be the same here.

New guy does Billy well.
Kimberly is a qt again
Trini is too
Jason is still whatever
Oddly enough not a lot of Zack

nah, Bay is all about panning side to side, he doesn't do angles.

Hey guys I've only ever watched the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Which subsequent series of the shows are worth watching?

Almost all of them bring something to the table but I would start with In Space, Time Force, and RPM as some of the best.

Time Force
Lightspeed Rescue

white hollywood fears the asian man

I'm liking the new Jason, aside from the fucboi haircut.

What's weird is I was browsing some other threads and apparently Japan has been making rip off shows of Power Rangers for years. How low can you get?

>Lightspeed Rescue
>Leader is an all American white male firefighter who bleeds red, white and blue
Why is this allowed?

Apologize

I'm surprised I don't hate them as much as I expected to.

Maybe there's hope for New Rita yet.

Unless it has something to do with the Green Ranger and how she's killed Rangers before I'm still not liking her new greenGreenGREEN outfit

The Rangers she's killed before was the original team that Zordon was the Red Ranger of. And all signs do point to her having the green Power Coin.

Because.

Didn't the scientist and black guy flirt a bunch?
Isn't the asian a surfer?
Are you not satisfied?

That's exactly what it is. Rita stole the Green Power Coin and is after the others. They end up in the teens' hands before Zordon can retrieve them to recruit proper champions.

Huh. New suits give it a more intergalactic look.

>Instead of being a cool action romp full of fun and heroism like Pacific Rim

It's exactly like Pacific Rim. There's sadness, dark messages of bullying, and "dead rangers". Pacific Rim had a lot of death.

Power Rangers was never Pacific Rim, and I passionately hated that comparison. Now the lie finally is facing us because Bandai took the bait.

Well the powers did come from aliens.

Connect the coin to her outfit and I'm good

not bad? it looks like complete shit. Why bother making a theatrical power rangers if its just gonna be as cheesy and as dumb as the children's tv show.

>Why make the Power Rangers movie like the Power Rangers show? GOD!

The ad looks good and may have potential , it seems the power rangers story is being treated like a superhero movie, but it's 2016, so my hopes are not high, but it looks good

>The Rangers she's killed

Stop this.

It was never canon that she killed any rangers. This movie is implying EU-tier shit. I think ultimately it will be forgotten and deleted.

I'm not saying it happened in the show, that is literally a plot point of the movie. Zordon was the Red Ranger and Rita killed his team.

>tfw Rita will die in this movie
>tfw no cute romance between her and Zedd
>tfw they will never dance
>tfw Rita will never run away screaming when Zedd says he wants kids

that actually looks pretty awesome

Image Time!

But where are the zords?
WHERE ARE THE ZORDS GUYS

As a hardcore 90s babby fan, i like it.
It looks cool. Looks alien which it has always needed. For the rangers anyway.

Black Ranger Suit.

>Zords look like dinosaurs
10/10 already

LOL It's a Chronicle remake.

Zeo
Time Force
Wild Force
Ninja Storm
Dino Thunder
Maybe RPM

Pink Ranger Suit.

Looks like YA trash.
Attractive teens are bullied yadayada
Suits look nice but fuck this bullshit. Just watch Kamen Rider or something

>That Pussy Plate

>at 1:41 all of a sudden someone knows kung fu
NOPE
>Elizabeth Banks shows up in your bedroom and you don't immediately start fapping
I CALL BULLSHIT
>generic looking actors everywhere

I know Walter White is playing Zordon but this still looks like a stream-it-for-free-in-a-year flicl.

Blue Ranger Suit.

>Attractive teens are bullied yadayada

the bully part is necessary. But this movie is too dark.

In the original MMPR, they were bullied, but it never defined them.

Yellow Ranger Suit.

>Mopey female cover of an older song

Instant thumbs down.

Movie looks like generic shit as well.

It's part of her staff.

I really don't think any of this is necessary, It's so obviously corporate bullshit. Power Rangers was cool as a kid but it's not really anything special and now they're raping it to pump a little cash from 90's kids/babies
Hollywood is just so fucking depressing

>THAT WALK THE LINE COVER

I know right & what about that blue flying head that used to say their names and it's robot helper

Red Ranger Suit.

I'm so tired of remakes and reboots by now

They're not gonna blow their load with the first teaser.

Zords Wallpaper.

Mastodon
Pterodactyl
Triceratops
Saber-Tooth Tiger
Tyrannosaurus

this looks amazing and awful at the same time?

NOSTALGIA FEELS BETTER THAN THIS "MOVIE" MAY BE.

Grimderp edgy shit ruins everything

You'll have to satisfy with the individual zords as a teaser for now.

Looks alright.

Is that the galaxy in their chest? Neat.

That CGI is worse than Spawn's

CONCEPT ARTWORK

That actually looks pretty good.

Oh shit.

There it is.

I always wanted a modern day Guyver remake

>Lighthearted, optimistic and not taking itsefl serious show more focused on martial arts and giant robots battles is replaced for 40K levels of edgyness and serious bussiness bs
Fuck this shit

I wanna to get into all that /m/ shit but I have no idea where to start

>...not bad at all.

what?

do you also like capeshit? it was like an awful chronicle 2 trailer.

- no fellas dressed as giant robots punching each other with cardboard swords
- no zordon
- no awesome as fuck cheesy rock music
- no tommy
- no "AFTER TEN THOUSANDS YEARS IM FREE"
- rita repulsa is white
- no teenagers with attitude, just emo cunts~
- billy is black
- the black ranger isn't black

awful

Ignore PR, go Super Sentai and Kamen Rider

Ignore Sentai and Kamen Rider, start with PR

Mite b cool

>40K levels of edgyness
Even then 40K still has more humour than this

>Blowing your load on the first teaser

I'll reserve judgement but you're pretty stupid m8

I didnt like that they indestructible and then still choose to run away from a car. but other than that im pretty hyped. a lil tear came out. im sure they will ruin the theme song though

>I like Tommy

Ok in case anyone else here is also new, THIS means that you can safely ignore anything he has to say. His opinions are literally worthless. Just a protip.

kunt?

Rita has the green power crystal in her staff, she IS the former Green Ranger.

comicbook.com/2016/10/08/nycc-goldar-confirmed-for-power-rangers-movie/

GOLDAR FUCKING CONFIRMED

She is not.

>jason kissing kim

fuck off faggot

But is he gonna get us?

Tommy is a boring mary sue.

You're a boring mary sue.

tommy is goat and could probably kill all the rangers irl fuck off

He's a bible thumping asshole.

Who?

What a poor suit design jesus christ....

This isn't it.

jesus how did this get green lit

>The problem with living in Vancouver is recognizing all the places in the trailer
Imagine living in Wilmington NC in the 90s
you know
before YOU FUCKS STOLE ALL OUR JOBS

wait is this serious? Power Rangers? FUCKING REALLY? AND PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY ARE TRYING TO HYPE THIS? AAAAAND Cred Forums IS BUYING IT??? AHAHAHAHAHHAHA WHAT RETARD IN A SUIT ACTUALLY SIGNED OFF ON THIS AAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow holy shit everything about this is wrong to me

>accidentally discover powers in a giant rock like this is Chronicle instead of them being chose specifically by Zordon
What do you know, there's five of them, and exactly five morphers. That's lucky!
>powers still "work" when they're not morphed
Why?
>Matrix jump meme / Chronicle-esque power discovery
Why?
>le high school misfits

>le bullies can't beat me up now because I'm a super now
This is antithetical to the show because they had to be normal people when they weren't fighting evil, they had to resolve their real-life problems through normal means.

I get it, you have to try to take the cheesiness of the show and translate it into a serious film. But I could have cranked out a better script than this.

Wtf I love billy now

>tfw this makes more than pacific rim, an actual power rangers movie, because of muh nostalgia

I wonder how people will react to the Mastodon having 6 legs, or the Tyranno having cannons for arms.

Canons for arms is cool.

Brian cranston is apprently playing zordon i dont know about that

>no original theme

Trashed

So why not just make billy the black ranger and zack the blue ranger But keep their original skin colors?

Why care at all?

You mean it won't be fucking anything like the real regular goddamn show. If you want power rangers, real, good, actual power rangers, with the cheese and retarded effects and bad fights, you have to just watch the original. They will never ever get it right with a remake.

Because they cant make the black guy the black ranger

All of that fucking shit is terrible and a waste of time. It's like deciding which yu-gi-oh or sailor moon adaptation to watch, oh yeah there's no fucking point because it's fucking terrible, just forget it. Lmao.

Actually Sailor Moon Crystal is the much better version. The animation is better and they cut out a lot of the fluff.

>The animation is better

>only aging neckbeards would enjoy a lighthearted, playful power rangers
On the contrary. Lighthearted and cool Power Rangers would be something for kids to enjoy, you know, the intended audience for the show. But this, this is aimed at neckbeards who watched MMPR when they were 10 and now want to see an "adult", serious version, same as all the new Batman shit. And also the ever lucrative young adult crowd who like all that teenage emo angst crap. It's completely studio engineered product, nothing more.

>Sailor Moon Crystal is the much better version. The animation is better
What bizzaro world do you hail from, stranger

yeah we know the colors user thanks

>as if the original was not studio engineered crap meant to appeal to 90s teens and kids that also mixed in footage from japanese shows

The chest galaxy and marbled statue mouth look really fucking cool, just wish they overral "armor" had a less busy design, thought I'd hate the negro Blue Ranger, but he still seems like /MyGuy/, Sasuke bitchy Black Ranger, chad Red and stacy Pink can just fuck off desu.

>as if the orignal jason and kimberly where not the exact same thing

The original was a risk. They tried to pitch Sentai to western networks for years. It was a product of its time, even if it was just a shoddy adaptation of a foreign product. But now that original show is common knowledge to anybody who cares I don't see why they keep clinging to MMPR nostalgia so damn much. I can't believe enough people have such raging nostalgia boner for that particular iteration.

das it mane

Kimberly had a innocent sister vibe, and Jason like all good Red Rangers (like the cheap Rambo from that animal themed season) was a dumb as fuck greasy chubby italian.

>The animation is better

I'm surprisingly not that offended, nor am I that excited.

I guess power rangers while it can sometimes tug on my nostalgia strings, it's not that close to my heart as other series, so changing it up doesn't seem to piss me off as much as it should and I'm worn out by all the modern cape movies to be excited by another super hero origin story.

I kinda like the suits though, like a mix of the spider-man symbiote and ironman armor. this movie could be complete shit or i might sorta like it. I'll wait and see.

So the Marvel. You want ANOTHER Marvel movie because the the three Marvel movies they release every year does not add up to nearly enough Marvel movies.

Ironic you mention Chronicle. Max Landis wrote two drafts of the movie and says he "helped secure Lionsgate the PR rights" and then they dumped him.

SM Crystal is fucking shit, jesus christ nigger

MMPR was NOT popular until after it had already been running for a fucking while, mighty morphin is pretty much what started the franchise over here and they didn't have any relevant market research to go off of to make it demo-targeted shit like everything else is now a days. They just winged it and hoped it turned out good and it turned out fucking amazing imo. I would love to see a FAITHFUL adult adaptation, NOT GRIMDARK SHIT like this, but a real, colorful, not overly cheesy and shit but still like the real fucking show you know? This doesn't feel like power rangers AT ALL. AT FUCKING ALL

>this is considered ugly

wow this science fiction

I don't expect it to be good but I like the idea of it being more like Chronicles than them running around in suits the whole time.

>uses the same high school that Smallville used all throughout its seasons

heh

They dragged poor Elizabeth Banks into this.

inb4 it's an angst emo drama teen shit for an hour and we see the suits less than 30 minutes with less than 10 minutes of giant robot punching giant monster shit

>those dutch angles

oh god this looks horrible

>ape not ugly

>...not bad at all.

Get out you fucking shill that looks god damn awful.

I'm almost surprised at how terrible it looks. And I fucking hated the Rangers when I was a kid.

Was alpha a mexican?

is alpha even confirmed wouldn't he be too goofy?

Too serious. Here's hoping Elizabeth Banks delivers the ham as Rita.

Agreed about the suits, I really like them
What a qt3.14

They confirmed Bill Hader is voicing Alpha, so I doubt he won't be at least slightly humorous.

>I've killed rangers before

SERIES CONTINUITY

ow the edge

When did Rita in the actual series ever kill anyone?
In fact, has anyone ever actually died in Power Rangers?

youtube.com/watch?v=NCi0XUdZTU8
and

Lost Galaxy pink

I'm pretty sure they killed Gordon in Space

>women cut their hair when their angry and are losing it

Why are women so retarded?

How can he fit his BBC on that tiny penis compartment?

Looks like sanic

BLUE STREAK, SPEEDS BY

>That shaky camera
>Those angle shots

Trini ;_;

Trini was a stupid slut that deserved to die

its like someone remembered zoids and decided to put that in the movie

New Zoids game + PR movie. Mechas are coming back

So wait the trex is gonna fly?

FUCKING HYPE

Except Alex was revealed to have survived and Kendrix was resurrected at the end of lost Galaxy

>Trailer focuses on Jason, Billy, and Kim
Trini and Zack confirmed to die

this hits close to home ;_;

>Be Trini
>Be sexy as fuck
>Get called ugly and told to kill herself
Why is this allowed?

>tfw no ernies juice bar
>tfw no alpha at all
>tfw rita will be way too over sexual when she ia meant to be sort of off putting hence the last name repulsa

Jealous sluts that will later become whiny feminists

Alpha is confirmed

Oh then he wil be similar to a dalek and not funny or goofy at all

>Split second shot of Zack
I guess we know who's gonna get the least screen time

If anything they bullied Bulk and Skull.

But Daleks are funny and goofy

Oh i forgot
>no bulk and skull

huh?

>Ginger dude is revealed to be Skull
>youtube.com/watch?v=Jwup4ItqyNQ starts playing

Why is this thread still alive?
The shit looks awful.

Not intentionally

no original theme. i dont care.

>blue ranger pose
what did he mean by this?

The crotch literally looks concave lmao

Oh im sure the movie will have a techno version of the theme

youtu.be/2Br15S3LV88

Not him and he's full of crap as far as the original story goes but looking at her movie design and the idea that her new origin will tie her closer to the rangers it seems likely she was the former Green Ranger

>mfw thinking the movie was a myth

I can't believe they are actually making a movie from a T.V series it looks pretty good

That was made from a japanese tv series

Sorry, Powerful Rangers is an American show.

how underage r u?

Fuck your meme

SPD are from the future and Dino thunder they like had the spirit beasts or some shit. None of the normal cases do they have super strength or jumping seems like a lame attempt to go Capeshit

Didn't Operation Overdrive have the characters with natural superpowers?

Operation Overdrive, Magiranger, Ninja Storm. Do we need to list more series where they had non-morphed powers?

>oldest ranger is 28

Not show accurate at all what happened to casting 30 year olds as high schoolers? I will not go see this

>randomly finding power coins in some rocks

fucking dropped

looks like typical american cgi crap with a bad acting cast
what the fuck looks good about it exactly?

idk she looks better with short hair anyway. Too bad it's literally what the pink chick in Naruto does

To appeal to today's market one of them has to be gay or transgender. Which one do you think it is?

So what was the reasoning for the Green one to have the shoulder pads in Japan?

It's a shield

6th Ranger is always different.

extra power of course

Well Dragonranger was the first 6th ranger in the series.

Where the fucking shit is Billy?

Where the shitfucking shit is Billy?

In the blue suit...

Billy

The dindu

>William
>black

And they made Zack Asian

>has never met a black guy named bill

I don't get it

There is no Zack.

You do know that the "black rangers" real name is Walter right?

You know trying to make this material be taken seriously probably wasnt the smartest idea. Over the top silly might have been the better way to go.

They're marketing it to nostalgiac retards who want their old shows to be turned dark and edgy.

But im nostalgic for the old power rangers and i was hoping for something a bit more lighthearted

woah, looking at that actually makes me sick

You never heard of Bill Cosby nigger?

>But im nostalgic for the old power rangers

Then you should kill yourself.

WHY IS HE BLUE!?
FUCKING RUINED

Was he the blue ranger too?

>literally watch series in elementry school
>cant be nostalgic for it

Even that seems like a poor fucking investment once you stop and think about how small a demographic that really is when it comes to Power Rangers. Adults dont care, kids wont like it for being edgy, and preteens-teens will avoid it like the plague because Power Rangers are the exact opposite of popular. I get the feeling Pacific Rim will end up being the better ranger movie

Looks good would watch...all your arseholes would moan if they made a 90 minute episode of the tv show

Please for the love of god someone edit Zoolanders head on this. This screams Blue Steel

You misunderstand.
You should kill yourself for being nostalgic for a very bad show from your childhood.

>Adults dont care

Except they obviously do. They're cashing in on the people that watched MMPR as a little kid and are now grown adults looking back fondly on the show.

Costumes are overstuffed tho. Also that weird gem in the middle. Don't like idea of Power Rangers with powers without suit.

>small
Trailer has 5 million views in less than a day

this looks embarrassingly bad. Why even release these images if the work on the zords is clearly far from done?

But its still awesome its campy fun

>Don't like idea of Power Rangers with powers without suit.

Why? Power Rangers has done it plenty of times in the past. So has Super Sentai for that matter.

No its not. Its not fun its not awesome. Its just cringe.

>After credits show a green metal object washes ashore

You just know. Movie looks better then the Bay remakes of TMNT and Transformer.

And you really think thats enough manchildren to turn a profit? Unless Linkara starts pouring his life savings into every ticket

But it is fun its fun to watch its fun to think about just cause your inner child is dead doesnt mean the rest of ours is

No I don't. I think it will bomb just like the previous two movies.
However obviously corporate execs think it will cause its happening.

nah.

My inner child has nostalgia for the things i watched as a child which doesn't include Power Rangers.
When PR first aired no one in my age group liked it cause we were all teenagers.

Looks terrible. You're all literally retarded.

Why is Kimberly "Hart" now a half-breed Indian?

Maybe. I'm driven by my nostalgia.
I always watched power rangers during/after breakfast and I always buy their toys when I was young. God, their toys gave me so much happiness in the past.

>I'm driven by my nostalgia

That's not a good thing.
You should probably see a psychiatrist.

We're not getting any stupid yet lovable monsters are we? I mean, unless you can somehow make a turtle with a stoplight edgy

Well there you go then go watch 1980s transformers despite the fact its just advertising (same as power rangers obviously) and ill have it for the things i grew up with

Oh and enjoy being in your late 30s on an anime website i guess

should've been a blonde Kat

The difference is I don't pretend Transformers was actually good.

exactly this

>it's another edgy Halsey/Lorde cover of an otherwise lighter song

I'm upset about black being blue but asian guy as black looks pretty cool too.

Goldar is confirmed

80s show is dumb fun and the series as a whole has some neat lore. Its just that most times the end result is shit

Its good as far as being fun and campy its not really well acted and its more obvious that the footage is reused than it used to be ots not something id watch all the time just every now and then

No its not. 80s transformers is just dumb with so many glaring animation mistakes it makes my head spin.

What about constantly high monster Geppetto? Or Rambones?

>so autistic he literally cant have fun

Tv was better before everyone wanted everything to be super realistic

Not true. There was also X1 Mask in Maskman.

The black guy and the white scientist chick get married. In the crossover with Time Force they were leaving for their honeymoon when he got called back into action.

I thought Alex only was alive again because they altered the time line when they went to the past.

He's not officially classified as a 6th.

t. underage

>written "ugly" on locker
>character is literally 8/10

KYS

>a fucking white male is the protagonist
boring.

IT'S HAPPENING

There are 5 protagonists you retard you are not a good troll

Do not kill yourself instead learn to form better trolls

>no miniskirt
dropped

Is Max Landis involved in this movie, or not? I've seen him on the writing credits in some places, and not in others.

But best black ranger was asian.

looks like power rangers in India or maybe its just LA nowdays.
Also ranger pink is disgusting.

winged sandals of Hermes

Landis' script was rejected, but a 2014 draft of it made it's way online.

kek. Does he get paid for that? I bet the chickens were really coming to roost at that point considering all the flops he was involved in at that point.

>Ranger Pink is disgusting

I like it, they better not fuck up the mega zords and Zordon.

lol so gay XD

Of course they made the black guy the genius nerd. Of course.

what do the rangers have against weeabos and copslayers?

>Japanese people are weeaboos

No, but the cast of Akibaranger are

>Attractive over 20's plays ugly 17/18 years olds.

The cast of akibaranger are Japanese.
By definition they can't be weeaboo.

>Chronicle

except here they're becoming moralfags instead of going curahzee with their powers.

>it's a shill thread
I thought Power Rangers was supposed to be fun. Not gritty Max Landis tier pseudointellectual shit.

Reminds me of Josh Trank's Fantastic Four

>turning Power Rangers into a dark gritty film
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Batman works well being dark but Power Rangers!?