Sherlock Holmes 1984 Series

What's your opinion on this Sherlock series?

I like the BBC one, but I feel that this one is superior, plus there are way more episodes.

whats your thought?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KCESfAcFa0A&list=PLRGwUNBSU0t7Aqh5awX7cLolOb8NeTSl7
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sherlock_Holmes_episodes
mediafire.com/?5hldd1vl2wpx20m
youtube.com/watch?v=iK7oLSM7g8w&t=1m14s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Brett, Rathbone, Basil the great Mouse Detective, Data, American version, Everything else, Sherlock

Brett was pretty good as Sherlock, but I read that the role caused him to go crazy

His illness and the death of his wife probably didn't help. I hear on set he would have Conan Doyle's complete Sherlock Holmes works and try to get it filmed as close as possible to the book

I have some Rathbone reading's of Edgar Allan Poe. Originally on record, but a friend in the biz digitized and cleaned them up for me. Pretty dank shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=KCESfAcFa0A&list=PLRGwUNBSU0t7Aqh5awX7cLolOb8NeTSl7

I know what I'm watching tonight.

I know what I'm listening to tonight

Watch the episode The Copper Beaches, really weird episode and this cute chick is in it

I'll see if I can get my copies uploaded. It is 319mb but mediafire is slow...1 hour + remaining.

I'd appreciate a link if this thread isn't alive by the time it's done
[email protected]

>What's your opinion on this Sherlock series?

It's the Sherlock Holmes by which all others are judged.

Top-of-the-line tv series that actually followed the original stories and did so for 41 episodes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sherlock_Holmes_episodes

30-20mins left it goes up and down.

It's 2am I should sleep, I'll just check the archive

This is literally the definitive version of Sherlock Holmes

8mins

>tfw you've read practically nothing of the stories at all

All I can ever remember reading is the Hound of the Baskervilles and some other one with a locked-room murder.

not really. he didnt go crazy so much as he became a workaholic.

his wife died and he got sick. it got so bad that he eventually had to take breaks inbetween brief segments of filming, but he wanted to keep going despite it. it really shows near the end, his face becomes really bloated, and he loses that chiseled look that probably won him the part in the first place.

that said, he did dedicate himself to perfecting the character. he had with him at all times a little black book full of notes detailing mannerisms, cheat sheets, etc etc.

Is it as bad as watching Columbo episodes back to back until the end? As his condition worsened the support cast was relied on more and more. In some you sort of got the feeling they were leading him around the sets, making sure he was somewhat on cue and such. I didn't even know about it until afterwards, but I recognized the signs since I had a family member with the same thing; which is why I looked it up.

Here's the download link:

mediafire.com/?5hldd1vl2wpx20m

not really. his performance was still spot on, its just you could really notice he was in poor health.

What he had was extreme manic depressive/bi polar disorder, and he took lithium tablets for it, but lithium tablets caused him to retain water. he would have to take those breaks to fucking drain fluid from his neck. He also smoked like a chimney, I think particularly because of his condition.

but his performance was still good. it just made it so instead of looking like this

he looked like this

Most people thought of it as the definitive version before that shit on the BBC.

Ah, I see. Still sucks.

he still is. I thought that Benedict cucumber wouldnt be half bad if they put him in the traditional setting, but he's just as insufferable there.

Mind you Benedict isnt the problem, the fucking writing is. I thought that they both had the "look" down pretty good for the victorian episode,but the writing was just as atrocious as it normally is. even worse, in fact, because while you can excuse the modern version as a modern interpretation, mashing like 3 different cases together and using that same godawful writing, and making Moriarty act the exact same way as his modern counterpart does, just ruins it.

That said, credit where it's due, the cap joke they made was actually pretty clever.

youtube.com/watch?v=iK7oLSM7g8w&t=1m14s

Isn't this the one that attempted to cover all of Doyle's stories but the lead actor died like right before they finished the last one?
Terrible luck.

Which one is the one where basically Dr. Who plays Sherlock? Because that's the one with shitty writing.

Nah Jeremy Brett who played Sherlock in this series did in the early 90s a couple years after the finished the series. Apparently his wife died during the series and he was diagnosed bipolar/mania and he was very kino about getting the character right for the show, someone earlier in the thread said he had a whole collection of the original books on set so they could properly get scenes right.

Starting 1st episode right now.

>tfw you've read practically nothing of the stories at all

Then you should at least watch The Hound of the Baskervilles.