What does Cred Forums think of season 7 so far?

What does Cred Forums think of season 7 so far?

Shit. I'm really missing season 4.

>season 7

It finished years ago mate.

who has sucked more dick, fiona or ian?

the show just keeps getting more annoying, like it's uk counterpart.

ian, for sure

It redeemed Frank, and then they proceeded to shit all over the story by keeping him alive. Such great development for Carl in that story.

The character development goes the complete opposite than how it should. All the kids are responsible and intelligent in season 1. They just proceed to get stupider throughout each season and fuck up for absolutely no reason. Pretty much at this point I only watch for Carl and the Kevin/Svetlana/V triangle, and the hopes that Jimmy comes back.

Tired of Frank's shit, tired of Debbie, Lip's story has been shit since fucking the teacher, Ian's is just too gay, and Fiona has been fucking up for too long.

needs more rossum pusy

She's jew married now, her sex scenes and nudity seem to be over.

That's where it should have ended. s3 and 4 were amazing. Everything past that has been trash.

this is terrible news

Terrible jews.

yep. Showtime can never let go though

>Weeds
>Californication
>Dexter

and probably many more I can't remember.

I sort of zone out whenever Frank isn't on screen. William H Macy is mostly why I continue watching this.

I like the triangle story but I don't like how they made Svetlana an autistic savant. Why is she a cheap hooker when she could be a bookkeeper or something

>It redeemed Frank
>this scene and the one where we find out his mom molested him
>tfw they shit all over it after the season

Agreed with Dexter. The cast of Weeds and Californication were enough for me to keep watching and mostly enjoy them all the way to the end though. Shameless is the same way. That and I keep discovering new music through their respective soundtracks.

what is the Cred Forums consensus on the Shameless intro song?

ARE YOU ME?

Honestly idk why I keep watching, I hate all the characters now and want them to suffer.

The comedy / drama balance shifted way too the latter after season 3/4 , do any of chars have redeeming qualities?
I've lost hope for Lip/Fiona to get their shit together

After the season where frank went to Costa Rica it all went to shit. Debbie just pisses me off whenever she's on screen, Carl's story went from amazing to kinda shitty, once Ian left micky I just kinda got disinterested in his relationships (accept after the ending of the newest epsiode my interest is a little peaked), fionna is just a story repeating character, whenever she had any interaction with a new male I instantly think they're gonna bang all season, he's a little too young now but if the show kept going I'd love to see what they do with liam, and I love the kev/v/Svetlana triangle. Lip was and still is my favorite character and I thought last season was and the season before with Mandy was his best, but now that he's put of college I just don't really see alot fo ways he's gonna be able to expand out, besides the job opportunities he's been set up. All in all I'm liking the season and the first episode seemed okay, you're seeing a hint of Frank realizing he's a piece of shit and that's why no one likes him, and Ian and lip are having problems, besides that though nothing monumental

Lip seems to be getting better drinking wise, but the whole "yea doing [insert productive or life changing thing here] thing isn't for me let me just stay in the ghetto" is kind of old, I'm surprised fionna didn't bang some dude right our of the gate, maybe jimmy/Steve will come back

i like the busy bass section at the top and how it breaks loose after a few measures.

I liked seeing Fiona fucking up and getting blown the fuck up by Lip who is being responsible and working hard. Why can't we have that again instead of just having everyone fuck up over and over again? The hot for teacher storyline was a 2 seasons long huge mistake. Instead they should have had him stay with the asian qt who helped him take care of his family and himself and whose dad would have been a great connection for his area of work (I still don't know why he wasn't doing paid internships if he was supposedly a genius instead of trying shitty manual labor during summers).

Wtf happened to debs from the clever youngster to full on teen rapist. Did the writers just nuke everyone's character development (minus maybe Carl) after season 4?
I don't even like Fiona anymore (the supposed 'adult') and actively root against her ever since she went to jail for almost killing Liam in s4.

I was so pissed when they didn't do anything with the Asian girls dad. Like they set it up perfectly for him to ease in and get a nice job and for an interesting chapter development to come along and then they brought in the teacher. I don't think the teacher thing was so bad it showed a side of lip we haven't seen since he fell in love with Karen way back but still

Debbie was the one thing I prefer about the UK version. Mature young qt taking care of the younger kids compared to ugly idiot actively trying to get pregnant as a teen.

The teacher thing wouldn't have been so bad if it was just a small storyline instead of seasons long and messed up his life in a Fiona or Frankesque way.

>I still don't know why he wasn't doing paid internships if he was supposedly a genius instead of trying shitty manual labor during summers

because, despite him being intelligent, his hood upbringing is a strong pull.

it IS annoying though.

*blown the fuck out by Lip

I like how towards the end of last season people were starting to make comparisons between frank and lip in the show, even Kevin said something about lip drinking like frank, I feel like that spurred him out of his hoodrat ways a bit

I feel like the jimmy/Steve thing is done with after season 5. I mean they turned him into a complete jack hole lol (idk why they kept teasing his return if just gonna get rid of him in a couple eps)

He was in an engineering program iirc. When you first get into an engineering college of a university all anyone (professors, advisors, classmates, etc.) seems to talk about are internships. He would have known it was a good idea and would have actively had to go against what he knew was best to ignore that and waste his time with a shitty wagecuck job instead. He wasn't the sort to do just ignore what he knows will be best for him unless he was swept up in an emotional moment, imo.

>What does Cred Forums think of season 7 so far?
holy shit shameless is still on? so, i mean, are emmy's tits still perky?

I just hope he gets back to his season 4 ways.

Not enough nude sasha Alexander

Fucking this. Amanda was a dream girl. I'm sick of them having Lip screw everything up again and again.

Does anyone else miss Lip's fatbro? He was a good friend to Lip and then he just disappeared for some reason.

You mean his roommate that was sort of dating Amanda?

Yeah

Amanda was hot yea but she was some ultra controlling rich bitch who completely fucked lip over because he didn't have genuine feelings towards her

that's kinda what i meant. he was under a lot of stress from being at college, out of his element and his family being complete fuckups. he grew up drinking and being around drunks. he drank while in highschool and the drinking escalated in college. it was the easiest way to take the edge off, but that sword has two edges.

Emmy needs to get naked more and stop trying to he a serious character.

It's not terrible. Debbie finally looks like she might stop being insufferable since her subplot so far is just antics instead of bitching.

I miss Mickey and his sister. There were a few other characters like them, even more fucked up and trashy than the Gallaghers, but I guess they're all gone now.

Now that's wit I'm talking about

Mickey was based. If they had to keep one gay character it should have been him instead of boring Ian.

>and then they brought in the teacher.
This show is really bad about dropping plotlines or still having little things unresolved or mysteries, 10 seasons later and we're never gonna see those characters again, we're never getting an explanation etc. Like all that damn time on Jimmy and Fionas relationship, and we're probably never seeing him again. Even though he was interesting with his high-crime lifestyle.

>Season 7
Man, I'm barely making it through 2.

What the fuck happened to Karen, sheila, jodie, etc.? Why haven't they been brought back, why did their arc just like end and that's it... So fucking stupid I hate how they just drop full storylines and characters, and everyone forgets about that shit and they just move on. It's lame.

Escalade bro, Jodie, and Fat bro were the best minor characters

Fucking this. Mickey was a shit character when he was first introduced, but when he joined the main cast, he instantly jumped to greatest character on the show, and one of the few decent gay characters on TV in general, since he was an actual person instead of just being Promiscuous Gay: The Character, like Ian

>one of the few decent gay characters on TV in general, since he was an actual person instead of just being Promiscuous Gay: The Character, like Ian
He's the only gay character I've ever really liked on a tv show or movie for that very reason. Usually they're annoying or just background.

different user butting in...completely agree. to me, he was the best gay character on any show so far. him being gay was sidelined by him being an interesting character.

Hopefully they bring him back like they did with Jimmy, but for real this time instead of only for a shitty sendoff in a couple of episodes.

He's the only gay character I can think of that was an interesting character who happened to be gay and whose homosexuality added to the drama of his character rather than just being characterized completely by being gay.

Hopefully he comes back and makes Ian feel like a jackass for dating the black guy just because they're both gay and like to have sex all the time. What I mean is, maybe Mickey can remind Ian he has bipolar disorder and is an actual character who can draw emotion from the viewers, instead of a soulless vessel for leftist propaganda to force gay sex into television without backing it up with decent character development. Fuck Showtime

That would be nice user. I wish you were a producer of the show/network.

agreed about Mickey, amigos.

i could not stand Jimmy, though. i was so happy to see him go.

Did they drop the bipolar subplot?

Because who cares about serious issues like mental illness? LGBQwhatever is all the rage among lefties right now.

wait a few episodes. It'll come in somehow.

On this note, anyone notice how the past few seasons are mostly just comedy stuff happening for half the episodes, then switch to "hard" drama in the latter half of the season? I mean like how Fiona can date a dude who works at a cup-manufacturer office, with some triangle stuff going on with his druggie brother, then all of a sudden she's getting high for the first time in the show, Liam gets coked up, the well-to-do guy chews her out, and then Lip rejects her and the rest of his family, all in the span of like 3 or 4 episodes. Shit escalates way too quickly as the seasons end. I just want comfy slice-of-life stuff, but Showtime makes it so the shit must always hit the fan

>Lip's fatbro
/ourguy/?

bump

The writers are obviously lost. That whole thing with Jimmy/Steve last season made no sense at all

honestly how are they going to end this series when all the characters are fucked up beyond redemption? I wish none of them a happy ending

Lip could still be redeemed. Maybe Carl too (dunno how realistic it is for him to become a cop, but that would take many seasons anyway)