Hahahahahaha dude imma have to science the SHIT outta this lmao hahahaha isn't science so rad dude hahaha i gotta use...

hahahahahaha dude imma have to science the SHIT outta this lmao hahahaha isn't science so rad dude hahaha i gotta use my own shit hahahahaha dude using mah botany powers XD isn't science so cool kids I'm Matt Damon hahahahahaha

Movie be hella old

And it worked too.

The future looks grim as fuck. I feel like shit now that nerd culture is "in". What the fuck man? So now that I have been demoralized beyond belief and my brain is damaged by continually being poisoned by drugs and alcohol, NOW science is "cool"? Fuck you. Fuck the normalshits.

WEEEEEOOOOORRRRR this is a spaceship oh no man you can't do this to me I'm the Secretary of Defence WEEEEEEEOORRRRR dude hahahaha I'm just so quirky I don't care

>I feel like shit now that nerd culture is "in".
It's like we're living in that simpsons episode where the guy told everyone to act like bart.

It's past your bedtime. Do your parents know you're using their computer and surfing the web?

What does your substance abuse problem have to do with nerd culture being "in"? This post was confusing.

He's just being "im a le special snowflake and not a normie im different". Likely underage b&.

it's not really 'nerd culture'. it's just a bunch of jackasses taking surface aspects of it and shoving it in front of everyone's face because 'hehe arent i quirky and unique'

it's a trend, and that trend will end. and no, i don't consider myself a nerd and i don't really like anything about actual nerd culture.

If this was in real life, and you were standing in front of me, I'd hold you down and shit on your head.

After being ignored and excluded by everyone I fell back on substance abuse and other vices to fill the void. It feels to me like adding insult to injury when contemporary culture now values this stupid "quirky nerd" aesthetic. After having my life ruined for not being the same as everyone else, the normalshits choose to appropriate what used to be me.

I sat through this pile of ass movie because someone said near the end Matt Damon shits his pants when the rocket launches at the end

possibly the lamest fake sci-fi movie ever made

Kek doubt it. You prolly dyel af.

So did he shit his pants or not? I might just see it if he did.

Except everything he did was fairly realistic.

Real science nerds are funny, handsome, lift weights, and get invited to lots of parties. It's cool being a nerd bro, you just need to chill and be yourself and the girls will come to you.

When adapting this scene from the book your have two options

>Make it faithful. It's a 15 minute scene of them sitting at a table while he rattles off numbers and calculations

OR

>You make it more interesting to watch. You dumb it down a little and add some humor to keep the audience engaged

Which is the better approach?

Nice projecting dyel.

No, the Cred Forums poster used "shitting himself" as a play on words for just being freaked out / having a little panic attack. The movie was so bad that I was holding out hope for the longest grueling 2 hours of movie experience I've ever sat through just to see Matt Damon shit his pants and I was disappointed as fuck when it was over

I think even reddit is cooler than this movie so for the love of god don't fall for watching it. It's all fake science that tries to pass itself off as real mixed in with horrible attempts at humor. Definitely in my bottom 3 list of worst movies I've ever sat through

>It's all fake science that tries to pass itself off as real mixed in with horrible attempts at humor

It is? Can you post what degrees you have, what parts were not real, and why?

DESU I don't think they would've accepted who you used to be. Nerd culture has simply appropriated the shallowest aspects of what nerds actually care about. It's a feel good culture where people are content with having a wikipedia amount of knowledge on a given subject without digging any deeper beneath surface.

That's why people who are passionate about video games, or movies, or books, are still typically malcontents on the fringes.

>science is just so amazing. Why do those dumb conservatives hate science, with their creationism and global warming denial?
>what's that, one of the fathers of modern genetics claims there may be intelligence differences between races? Shut up, bigot, that's BAD science!

i haven't read the book but it's apparently some autistc tech manual that tries to be as accurate as possible

Hey bro, I used to be a nerd just like you but then I showered and put myself out there. I pulled mad pussy in a day. My secret? Just be yourself and act confident.

The book can be dry at times because it does spend a lot of the time explaining in detail how the science shit works. But it's short and a fast read so it's not so bad.

Why do old people always fill their shelf space with weird porcelain figurines of animals and clowns?

Hey bro, want to play DnD? I main as a barbarian with a charisma bonus.

>found the non-STEM

>follows the "I fucking love science" page

its just bad and lazy taste.

Unless you studied in one of a few incredibly specific fields, a STEM degree is about as useless as any other.

nice projection

why do TV/Movie/Comic nerds act so pretentious? You are just CONSUMERS of art. you've never made shit, you cant make shit.

t. flunkie

True fact: the average American high school senior is more intelligent than the average 3rd world engineer

>plastic anime figures are much better.

I haven't even graduated yet and I get job offers in emails and pull $17/h to copy paste some queries while shitposting

nerds have other nerd friends to be nerds with. you're probably a bit spastic and have anti-social tendencies. You can't relate with anyone, and are lonely, so you fall back on substances because they're reliable and make you feel good. In other words, you're filling a void you can't fix with drugs(duh)

I'm the exact same way, hope you can relate

>my tastes in art make me intelligent

Unfortunately. But not a STEM flunkie. I speak from experience having worked shitty mcjobs with STEM graduates whose future is as dismal as my own.

Threads like this are why you'll die alone.

wait, what exactly are you inventing or discovering?

Assuming this isn't a shitpost, you probably majored in one of the more useful fields. I'm not disavowing the perception that STEM can lead to success; but I think it's a myth that you can enroll in literally any STEM program and come away loaded.

Taking jobs from factory workers. I hate my job

git good, scrub

STEM degree is a MINIMUM requirement. same goes for: pleasing personality, independent learning, not being an autist, etc, etc

Well, I disagree, but thanks for the advice.

I enjoy this movie even more knowing that it makes basement dwelling losers even more butt mad.

ikr? "Lazy geniuses" my ass

>$17/hr
>implying that's good pay for a degree that costs 40k

I guess we all gotta start somewhere. r-right guys?

Its just an internship bro
big bux comes later

How many layers?

It's transironical

15 minutes of talk for those that aren't retarded

He's such a douche in the cool professor scene at the end

We get it, you hate good movies.

This. Actual nerds still aren't popular.
If you are into sci-fi and video games and reading and not just into marvel movies and the newest Star Wars film then you aren't popular, you're still a weird nerd.

So how would Cred Forums have made it better?

More memes

oh ok, that's really not bad then

this movie is actually better than most of the movies that came out this year, SAD

That's why it won best comedy.

what's so bad about it? it's kind of cool. evidently, according to hella smart scientists, his method of getting food would have actually worked irl. kind of adds an extra layer of awesome to the movie.

p much this. the book can be read in

>extra layer of awesome

don't do that

GLORIFINDEL haha you know from lord of the rings? yeah it's a bit of an obscure character reference but, heh, we're all just such NERDS here that i'm sure everyone gets it xP

That scene was actually pretty accurate. Where I work when we moved into a new office and got to pick names for the conference rooms we all agreed on Star Wars planet names. Shit like that happens a lot.

fuck you i wont do what you tell me

d*ng you and your buds are such quirky and unique individuals. tell us more of your zany antics...it's like you're the star of your own private sitcom!

I was going to ask if you've ever done anything like that at work but then i realized that you're probably mad because you don't have a career or friends. So it's ok, I forgive you.

haha did this actually happen?

i remember seeing this movie a year ago i don't remember any of it but i might watch it ironically

They call the new plan Project Elrond and so a couple of the guys claim who they get to be. It's brief and barely mentioned.