Diversity 7 BOMBS

Sony BTFO again. How long before the film branch of their business gets dismantled / sold off? They've taken a major ass reaming this year due to the fact they listened to some dumb ass SJW execs that catered to an agenda instead of catering to a paying audience.

Casting Denzel in an original western? No fucking problem.

Casting Denzel as the lead in a Magnificent 7 reboot? Yea, fuck you, that's blatant pandering. Just like Fembusters.

Glad to see the American audience isn't buying into this bullshit either. Hopefully the Jew film execs are paying attention and stop giving sheckles to SJW faggots trying to force their fucked up agendas on the rest of us...

>yea, fuck you, that's blatant pandering. Just like Fembusters.

you don't even have the slightest clue what was going on with Ghostbusters

They are going to do a biopic about the creator of Wonder Woman

what the hell are they thinking?

>They are going to do a biopic about the creator of Wonder Woman

Seriously?

>biopic about the creator of Wonder Woman

Holy shit!

It's true!

This got released?

I liked it.

The email leaks show that Sony was run by complete retards.
Especially Amy Pascal, so many bad choices it's almost like she had the agenda to run the company to the ground.

>birth of a nation, ghostbusters, magnificent 7
so is the diversity meme finally going to die after female oceans 11 bombs next year?

So, is the third redo of the Spiderman franchise the only big thing left of this pathetic studio this year? Can't wait to see that bomb too.

Why is Chris Pratt in everything

Yeah it was a pretty decent popcorn flick.

literally in the past 2 years these are the movies he's had a major role in that have bene released theatrically.

>guardians of the galaxy
>jurassic world
>magnificent 7

yup, hes in everything.

Who the fuck wanted a western?
Especially with one that so closely mirrors the aesthetic as that Netflix Ridiculous 6 Sandler film, with no appeal past "Star power as cowboys against generic renegade antagonists"?

Though I'm just assuming that was the plot from the lazy marketing campaigns and overall terrible promo.

I commend the actors. Probably saw a quick payday from a film with such minimal and generic promo potential that even if it bombed the power of their names would still be intact. 100% guarantee they gave as much of a fuck as the American audience. Kudos to their managers.

>screenplay by Nic Pizzolatto
Man this guy is fucking up
>Music by James Horner
Isn't he dead?
Seems like recycled garbage through and through. Did anyone watch it? Am I just reaching here or nah?

Sony makes most of their money in life insurance.

Issue with the movie studio is "Who are they going to sell it too?

If they do keep running it in the ground you might see the movie studio end up as book assets for the Insurance side.

>Who are they going to sell it too?
Whenever i think about Sony trying to sell their worthless movie department i hurt my sides laughing. They're going to have to pay someone to take it off their hands.

I support the notion that she's a Disney plant.

Sony Movie studios over the years has been profitable - They still own the Library and they do well in making highly profitable cheaper films.

For example

Sausage Party
Don't Breathe
The Shallows
Miracles from Heaven

All are cheap to produce (for films) who made a nice profit. Even if Ghostbusters will wash away a lot of the profit. The Magnificent Seven will most likely break even in the long run.

Thing is right now the movie industry is struggling a bit, so Sony will not want to sell it for the price offered, unless they sell it to their own Sony Life business with the insurance float.

Also forgot the example I was going to point out.

Hotel Transylvania 2

Movie you didn't know you needed. Broke even just on domestic receipts, made 300 million overseas, let alone what it will make in the money out of the theatre.

Sony does a great job of making forgettable profitable movies.

>Who the fuck wanted a western?
what kind of faggot doesn't like westerns? this one sucks, but everyone wants a good western. also adams sandlers movie is a parody of the movie this one is based on, which was originally a remake of a samurai movie. so I'm just gonna assume you're 12 years old

>shit actor relegated to shit movies
thank god for that

Lel.

>want to be a sjw faggot that panders to niggers, feminists and other poor people

Ok fine.

>want to cast the worst black actor in hollywood as the lead

Dropped.

I'd have paid to watch it if Fagzel Bustshington wasn't there.

>This low quality bait

I know we're known as one of the dumber boards, but we're not that dumb

>but we're not that dumb

Yes.

Yes, you are...

Yay.
Kek: 2
YHWH: 0

>Pandering to feminists

There are only two female characters that talk and only one of them is "important" to the plot. The rest are stay in the kitchen wives or whores.

Remaking a classic with nigger lead. They should have added a couple of Jews, a gook, a retard and a cripple to round it out.

is that a fucking asian cowboy

There is a gook and D'onofrio played a retard.

>THERE WERE ONLY WHITE PEOPLE IN 1880S AMERICA!!!!!!

ah yes, just like how no black people fought in WW1, thus is the intelligence of the alt-right

So how bad of a bomb was this?
It seems to have made some impact on its opening, but it quickly died down afterwards.

He invented the lie detector and based Wonder Woman on a woman both he and his wife were banging. Why not?

How about we discuss if it was a good movie or not instead of soapboxing about diversity? You sound like a trashy sort of person OP

No, it's 6 non-asian samurai

What was it then?

WTF is wrong with Sony?
It's like they are trying to bankrupt their movie division on purpose.

That's exactly what they do
So they desperately sell their rights
Don't be surprised when Disney bids

It bombed because no one gives a shit about cowboy shit anymore. 30-50 years ago cowboys were marketable to families and children, now literally no one cares

Only two divisions in WW1.

>YFW they made a boatload of profitable movies in the last three years that have already been forgotten.

>Sony BTFO again

Nigger Annie
Wimmin Ghostbusters

How many black people fought in the German army in WW1

Sony Pictures either makes incredible losses or mediocre profit. For businesses this size they can make $500 million but its still a failure because they should be making triple that. Sony make straight out losses.

thousands you stupid american, see if you can work out how by yourself

Wonder woman's creator was awesome

It's a decent flick. Not amazing, but not horrible. Was expecting a quipfest and Chris Pratt being goofy, but everyone played it straight. The villain was weak but the main cast was alright. A decent modern adaptation that takes no real risks.

They had disappointing blockbusters, but they make tons of money overall, the Library alone brings in 100s of millions in revenue.

Sony only issue is that they failed to have a true blockbuster in a while.

I heard it had none of the lore of the old Seven Samurai/Magnificent 7 and it was just a revenge story at it's core.

As much as like Denzel it was kinda hard picturing a black man leading gunslingers in the old west.